Loving Silver Eyes Ch. 08

Story Info
Love can never be simple.
2.7k words
4.68
15k
12

Part 8 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Heyy I'm back!! Sorry for the delay! I want to thank my editor Uriziel. He's been such a big help... :-)

Ayden

I'd finally gotten the load off my chest and it felt very good. The thing that surprised me was the way she took it. She didn't freak out, she didn't look scared. She didn't even ask me what I actually was. Life couldn't be any better for me. She knew who I was and she still loved me.

Everything was perfect but only until she had her next seizure. I could see it all in Amy's mind and it made me curse myself for not being around her. But what bothered me more was the dream she had. I couldn't get it, why would she dream of a vampire, that too a dead one at that? It made no sense. She'd never met the man, she'd never even seen him; then how could she dream of him? And what did it mean? The way she woke up, screaming and her mouth smelling of fresh blood... the feeling I sensed from her made my hair stand up... hell, I am one of the most feared creatures in the world and it made my bones chill. Another aspect that left me surprised was the woman.... She was always there and May's dreams were always related to her...

Even father and mother couldn't make anything out of it. I needed answers because I could see how weak she looked after the seizures and the experiences. I had to do something to make it stop, the sight of her dark circles caused by sleepless nights made my hollow chest sink.

I tried everything I could to get her mind off the memories of her dreams but I could see that she was still bothered. How much could she take? I even hid the fact that she was my mate because I didn't want her to be bothered by anything more. My brittle princess was breaking down in front of me and no matter what I did; I feared I wouldn't be able to save her.

She was really happy when her mother's gift arrived but I should have known, that would not last long. We were the creatures of dark and there is no place for light in our lives...

She looked so expectant and excited about driving her new car but had I known how it would have ended, I would have done everything on my power to stop her.

I could sense her uneasiness and see the color draining from her face, but had no clue as to what was causing it. I took over the steering and let her relax but I didn't have any idea of what was going on until she opened her eyes and a heart wrenching scream escaped her lips.

* * *

Mayira

"What is it? What happened?"

I could hear him but I couldn't find my voice. There was a huge lump on my throat and I tried not to cry but a heavy sob ruined it. I could feel him lowering me on a chair but my head was still reeling with the accident I just saw. Was that real? Was there any one who could tell me what was going on?

The image of her car flipping over stabbed my heart like a knife. I had to talk to mum. I twisted myself out of his arms and reached for my cell.

I looked at him when he gasped, he must have seen the scene in my head... I couldn't stop another sob as I shakily dialed her number.

"Hey, this is Linda. I can't answer right now; leave your message after the beep!"

I tried two more times but it went to voice-mail again and again.

I looked up into his eyes... I couldn't say a word.

"Shh..." he pulled me into his arms and kissed my hair but even in his comforting arms, my head was in turmoil.

"I'm sure that was just a dream... there's nothing to be worried about. It's going to be alright..."

"It was so real; I swear it felt like I was standing there... I don't want to believe it was true but I have a feeling Ayden and it won't go away..."

He hugged me tighter but kept silent.

"May!" Granny was knocking on my door.

I wiped my eyes and fixed my hair.

"Yes granny?" I opened the door as soon as Ayden was gone.

"Your mum's friend Eva just called... There was an accident with your mother..."

I didn't hear the rest of her sentence... I could feel darkness surrounding me as the previous images swam around my eyes. I lost my footing on the ground.... I couldn't hold myself.

Did I cause the accident? How can this be happening? No, this had to be a nightmare... all of this... How could I be the cause of my own mother's accident? I wanted to scream as loud as I could... I wanted it to leave my mind I wanted the anguish to go away...

"May, honey..." I could hear granny trying to console me but my life was a living hell and I could do nothing to stop my tears or suppress my fear.

"What happened?" I asked in a shaky voice but a part of me felt like I already knew the truth.

"It was a car accident... she's at the hospital and they're operating on her. Everything's going to be ok honey..."

Yeah everything was going to be ok... I was the reason my mother was on that table... how could everything be ok?

"You go to sleep... you've got classes tomorrow." Saying that, granny left and Ayden was back in my room to hold me.

"I almost killed her..." I murmured. "Ayden, I'm the reason for all of this.... I killed my dad and now my mom..."

"Your dad?" he sounded confused...

"I've tried to bury it in my head all my life... I'm the reason my dad died... Dad was in London for 2 days and the day he was to fly back, I told him that I wanted a doll house. He tried to tell me that he was already late for his flight but I wouldn't listen. So he gave in and missed the flight for me. The flight he took later never reached ground... and the main thing is I had a dream about me and dad surrounded by fire... I remember I was crying and telling him to hold my hand but he couldn't hear me. I killed him, and now the same happened with mom... what is wrong with me?"

He didn't say a single thing, just held me. I didn't blame him... how would he know?

"Get some sleep..." he said carrying me to bed and covering me up. "Everything will be ok when you wake up tomorrow..."

"I'm not a kid Ayden!! Nothing is going to be ok! How can I get any sleep? Stop saying that to me..." I sobbed...

His eyes rimmed up with tears too and I saw him crying for the first time. I didn't want him to cry, it wasn't his fault! I tried to speak but I couldn't find words. I hugged him tightly and hoped for the hundredth time that he was right.

* * *

"May..." I could hear mom. I wanted to open my eyes but it was too bright to see. I squinted my eyes, trying to find where she was.

"Mom? Where are you?" I called, reaching out, looking for her. I hated not being able to see...

I felt her hold my hands, the familiar smell of her perfume surrounded me and calmed me down.

Then I could see her shadow in front of me.

"Mom, what is this? Where are we? And you're ok!! I was so worried!!! I'm just glad I finally saw you... I've missed you so much!!!"

"I've missed you too honey." Her voice sounded so far away and yet the sensation of her being was so close... "I'll always love you. I just wanted you to know nothing is your fault... you're a special person May and now I know it. You should believe in yourself... "

"What are you saying?" I interrupted her. This wasn't a time to talk about beliefs; the brightness was making me cry!!

"I don't have much time... just remember; believe in yourself, in what you are..., your dad and I will always love you, no matter what."

"But mom..." I was complaining again but then her touch disappeared and her scent started fading.

"No, don't go!! I still have to tell you a lot of things... Mom, you haven't even met Ayden yet...don't leave me here!" I was crying like a little girl, I felt so lost and alone.

"May..." I felt Ayden shaking me. I had been dreaming, but I had a feeling it wasn't just a dream... I had a pit in my heart, like a piece of it was gone and somehow I knew who it was.

"She's gone... Ayden, she's gone..." I cried again. Even he couldn't fill the emptiness I felt...

He hugged me and didn't say a thing. I knew I was right.

"Lizzy said she passed away peacefully. She was there when they removed her from the life supporting machine."

That made me cry harder but at least someone I believed in was beside her...

"Does granny know?" I asked... I didn't know what to hope for...

"Yes, she's trying to find a way to tell you."

"Then, I'll have to go down and make it easier for her."

When I got downstairs, Amy was there too.

"Granny, we'll have to leave today..." I stammered as both of them stood up, trying to speak.

"But... how did you know?"

"I- I... I just do and I'm going upstairs to pack. I don't want her to be alone..." and before she could make any response I was running up the stairs to my room.

* * *

The flight to NY had never been so long. I wanted to be strong for granny but I couldn't. All the memories of mum and dad rushed in front of me like some old movie, only this was real. When we got to the hospital, I was torn. I didn't want to see her in that state but then my heart longed to see her face, the person who had always been there for me. So eventually I made up my mind to go see her. Ayden insisted on coming with me and we made our way to the morgue. I remembered the blue wound on her forehead... I remembered her hands being so cold... but everything else was a blur. The only thing that kept me on my feet were Ayden's arms.

The funeral was a short one given the limited time we had and the sun was shining brightly, nature had no idea about the gloom in my heart. I could see that Ayden's silver eyes were getting bloody red but he remained by my side through the whole ceremony. My heart twisted more on seeing his agony. Why did I always put the people I loved in the way of harm? He was there in broad daylight with me just so I would have support. He kept on telling me that it would be ok but I knew he felt every ounce of pain I was feeling and for the first time, I wanted to feel his pain- the pain he was going through for me.

Finally they lowered her coffin into the ground and all I could do was watch. Why couldn't I help her when clearly I was there the whole time... how was I there? Why... why did I have to see that? Why did I have to see both my parents die? Was I there when my dad burned alive as well? My heart shattered again as those images flashed back. I could feel Ayden's hand tighten around my shoulders.

We got back to our old flat and I sat on my bed, remembering every moment I'd spent here with mum. She wasn't around everyday but when ever she was there, she'd fill my days with laughter and fun. Everything had her essence, the rag doll which was sitting on my desk... she'd given it to me... it was her first doll and I loved playing with it when I was a kid. Though I'd stopped playing with it a long time ago, it still reminded me of those days. I pulled out my locket from my pocket. I'd taken it off to get it repaired but today I felt this urge to put it on, like it would get me closer to mum. This was after all the first gift from her as far as I remembered. She'd told me to keep it close by all the time... although I have no idea why.

Ayden stood by the window looking at me. I knew very well he could feel my anguish but I could understand why he stood quietly. I sighed and sat down on the bed. It was already 5, and in 7 hours it was my birthday but I loathed this day. I didn't even want to cry anymore, I was tired of it. Ayden came to sit beside me and held me. We just sat there, staring at the wall and I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

When I woke up, the room was empty and it was already dark outside. I was in no mood to eat but my tummy growled when the smell of fried fish reached my nose. As I slowly made my way downstairs, I could see granny arguing with mom's lawyer. Granny was trying to speak in hushed tones but Mr. Cain seemed restless.

"I know it's too much to ask Mrs. White but we have to get the legal paperwork done as soon as possible and it is not possible until Miss White knows that she was adopted. Look, we need her signature here and we cannot do that until she knows!"

My blood ran cold. Did I hear him correct? I was adopted? Why? Wasn't the death of my mother enough for one day that I had to hear this? I could feel my heart sinking. I collapsed on the stairs and everything around me was spinning. I could hear a door burst open and I could feel Ayden beside me but I couldn't utter a single word.

"Ayden, I want to get out of here..." I managed to whisper. He lifted me and walked out of the flat. I told him of a secluded spot at the Central Park where I used to hide as a kid.

"I can't believe it..." I sighed after a while. I don't know why but I just didn't feel like crying. I laughed instead.

"What are the odds of my mum's funeral and discovering I was adopted being on the same day?" yeah my life was the biggest joke of the century.

He put his arm around me as we leaned against a huge tree. There was a hollow where I used to sneak in but now I was too big for that. Though, I wished I could sneak in there and forget about all that happened.

"I don't know what to say..." he began but I kissed him before he could continue. Hell, I was so sick and tired of all this! I just wanted a moment of peace before I had to get back and face the ugly truth. I was just glad that he was one solid thing in my life and that I could lean against him without any worries. Just then I could feel his phone vibrate. At first, he ignored it but when it went on vibrating, he mumbled a short curse and picked it up.

"Annabell." He answered harshly. I could hear her cheerful voice through the phone but then he abruptly got up and walked a few steps away from me.

"WHAT? What are you talking about mother? That can't be true!"

Ayden's sudden outburst startled me. I started to get up and walk towards him when I noticed something that made my body freeze. The locket that I had around my neck just started glowing.

"Ayden...," I managed shakily but he must have heard the fear in my voice so he whirled around. That is when I caught my reflection on his Ray-Ban... my eyes were glowing too.