Loving Wives, Loving Husbands

Story Info
Does Love trump all?
5.4k words
3.29
12.4k
19
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EROSSIR
EROSSIR
396 Followers

Jayla paused for a moment and looked into the vanity mirror. She was finishing getting ready to meet her Uber driver to go to the airport. She considered the face looking back at her. 56 years old, three kids, married for 32 years. She was no runway model by any means. She had her share of wrinkles and lines. After three kids, she had a bit of a belly. But her 38D breasts were still tight and the nipples still pointed ahead instead of sagging to point down. She ran her hands down her hands. Her waist was still well defined and her ass, though a bit wider now, was still shapely and firm. She thought to herself that things could be a lot worse.

Finishing up, she put the last of her makeup in the carry-on suitcase and closed it securely. It went on to the floor on its wheels. She took one last look around and decided everything was in order. This was the thirteenth time she had performed the ritual and by now she thought she had the routine fine-tuned and almost flawless. She smiled in anticipation of her long weekend in Charleston, SC, grabbed the bag and headed to the front door.

Sitting in the backseat of the sedan, she watched as the Uber driver negotiated the traffic to the airport. Her mind slipped back to her husband, Robert. He was the love of her life. She and Robert had met when he had joined the investment firm where she worked as an analyst. The romance had lasted about a year, and they were married. Those first years were exciting and fun. The result was three beautiful children, Robert, Jr, Sarah, and Connor, They were all off on their own with wonderful families. The only downside she could remember was that when they got married, she had to quit because of the nepotism rules.

Robert had done well with the firm. Eventually he was offered a partnership and their life had changed somewhat. As part of the partnership duties, he was given the job of managing the West Coast offices of the firm. That meant that twice a year he made a visit to watch the eight west coast branch offices. It took almost two weeks to make the entire trip.

Those first few years were a little tough. Two of the three kids were still in high school, and Jayla didn't feel like she could leave them on their own for two weeks. She opted to stay home and let Robert travel alone. Lots of phone calls, text messages, and video calls made it easier. The first year after Connor graduated from high school and started college, she decided to finally take one of these trips with Robert. It was an absolute disaster. She ended up spending almost every day of those two weeks sitting in a hotel room, watching TV, bored to death.

The next trip Robert had planned, she opted out. She had explained that she would rather sit at home being bored in her own home than a hotel room. He had tried to persuade her otherwise but to no avail. Without the kids at home, it was, to say the least, miserable. She decided she needed to get out of the house and develop some outside interests. She joined several crafting groups and book clubs. At least, the meetings and activities got her out of the house.

At the quilting group she had joined, several of the women about her age were talking one evening about a quilting convention that was due to happen in a few weeks in Atlanta. As they chatted, Jayla looked at her phone and realized that the convention was going to happen while Robert was on one of his bi-annual business trips. There were 3 or 4 women planning to make the weekend trip to Atlanta. She asked if she would be welcome. They were all happy to have her along and they sat for several more hours talking about making arrangements for the trip.

The Uber driver deposited her at the airport check-in doors. She had her boarding pass already on her phone and showed it to the gate attendant. She was keeping her bag as a carryon and was directed onto the proper gate to wait. Once through security and with a cup of airport coffee, she settled into a chair near her gate to wait.

Her mind returned to that trip to Atlanta. It was fun. She wasn't much of a quilter. As it turns out neither were the four other women who went along. They did go to the seminars and demonstrations during the day. Jayla soon learned that the real reason for the trip was to go out every evening to a different restaurant and then make some of the well-known entertainment establishments.

The memory of that first night in Atlanta was still vivid in her memory. After the last of the seminars, everyone hurried back to their hotel rooms to get ready. Jayla had done the same. They agreed to meet in the lobby in an hour. Jayla ran a brush through her hair, dabbed at her makeup and decided that the slacks and button-down blouse she had worn that day would do just fine to go have dinner and see some of Atlanta's famous nightlife.

When she got to the lobby, she was surprised. The other four women were totally different. All of them were wearing cocktail dresses and had completely redone their makeup. Jayla had looked at them embarrassed and explained that she hadn't packed for this kind of thing. The other women laughed and told her that it would be ok. She would know next time. Thead headed out to grab a cab and were off.

Dinner was at one of Atlanta's premier eating establishments. It was good, but a little pricey. After the restaurant, they grabbed another cab and headed for the Eastside entertainment district. Jayla had no idea where they were going, but she was onboard. It was exciting to be off, on her own, with a bunch of other women who obviously knew what they were doing.

They were headed toward a nightclub in downtown Atlanta. The other women were talking about it and seemed excited. Jayla learned the place had at least 5 levels in the club, three dance floors with DJ's and offered 'private' entertainment areas for corporate and small groups experiences. It sounded intriguing and exotic. Once they arrived, Jayla found it almost overwhelming. It was noisy, loud and most of the areas were packed with a crowd that was at least 15 years younger than she was. She eventually found a small alcove off to one side of a dance floor and stood, nursing her drink.

The others had dived right into the crowd. Jayla had soon noticed that all four of the others were soon dancing, some with several partners at once. Apparently, this was not uncommon. She stood and watched for nearly an hour, when she saw a man approaching her. He was nice looking, nothing out of the ordinary, but he too, was not dressed in the trendy upscale fashion like most of the others. He was also older that most of the other men in the club. As he approached, he smiled.

"I don't mean to intrude, but you look a little out of place."

She nodded.

"I feel like that also. I guess I just don't fit in."

"Nonsense. Have you checked out the rest of the place?"

"No. I got my drink and found this spot. All of my friends are out on the dance floor."

"My name is Charley. Charles Elliot. I am here at a convention at one of the hotels downtown. Let's wander around and check this place out."

"I dunno. I'm married and just here for a convention as well. I think maybe I should stay where my friends are?"

He had looked around.

"Do you see any of them?"

Jayla scanned the crowd, looking at where she had seen the others only a few minutes ago. They seemed to have disappeared.

"No. They don't seem to be here."

"I don't think they are worried about you. Come on. This techno beat music is giving me a headache. There is a smaller lounge upstairs that is much quieter, and they play some great jazz."

Jayla looked at him. He seemed pleasant. She didn't get any bad vibes from him and decided to take the offer.

He led her through the club and up a couple of flights of stairs. There they found a much quieter atmosphere. It was almost intimate. A three-piece jazz ensemble was playing at the far end of the room. He found a table about halfway between the door and the stage and sat her down politely.

"What are you drinking?"

She looked at her empty glass.

"Oh, mine is just fine. I don't need another."

"Ok. No problem. I do, though, if you will excuse me."

She watched as he walked to the bar. Mentally, she was comparing Charles with Robert. They were about the same age. Charles was not quite as tall as Robert and slenderer. She had noticed that he wore a wedding ring as well. When he came back, he smiled and sat down with a fresh drink.

"Tell me about this convention."

She had grinned sheepishly.

"Its a quilting convention. A lot of women in a room learning about all the latest techniques for quilting and applique. Not something very interesting I am afraid. What about yours?"

He had chuckled.

"Not much different from yours, I think. A bunch of men sitting around a room listening to more men talk about the upcoming changes in the electronics industry. I am a salesman for a distributor. I am no engineer, but I have to be able to talk like it, so I come to these things to find out just enough to sound intelligent."

Over the next two hours they had just chatted. They both talked about their kids, their spouses, and their lives in general. She learned that Charles had been married almost as long as she had to a woman that Jayla could tell was the love of his life. They even showed each other pictures of their spouses and kids. The two hours passed quickly. Jayla looked at her phone and was surprised to find that it was almost midnight.

"This has been fun, but I really need to get back to the hotel. I guess I will need a cab or an Uber because I don't have any idea where I am."

"I need to go too. Why don't we split a cab. I don't think my hotel is far from yours."

She had agreed and they headed toward the front door of the club. He hailed a cab, gave the driver the name of his hotel and Jayla had done the same. They settled back. It was a pleasant ride to the hotel. Each of them had given the other their contact information. Jayla was never sure why she had agreed to that.

&&&&&

Jayla heard the gate attendant call her number for boarding her flight. She gathered her purse and carry on and joined the queue to get on the plane. It wasn't long before she was comfortably settled into her first-class seat. She waited for the rest of the passengers to board. Looking out the window she saw the crew loading luggage and her mind continued on with her remembering.

Her phone chimed while she was in the quilting seminar. It wasn't hard to distract her, she remembered, because the seminar was rather boring and about a subject in which she had no interest. She glanced down at her phone and saw a text message from Charles.

Plans?

She hesitated. She really didn't have any but to make a date with a man she had known less than 24 hours while she was out of town without her husband. It seemed somehow just a little wrong. She decided to hedge.

I'm not sure. I'lll have to talk to the others.

His reply had only taken seconds.

Let me know. My last night in town. Dinner?

She hedged again.

I'll get back in touch.

After the seminar, there was a happy hour to end the conference. She and the others stayed for the hors d'oeuvres. She asked two of the other women she had come with about their plans. She learned that they usually kept the last night to themselves. It wasn't said overtly, but Jayla got the unmistakable impression that at least these two already had plans. She let the matter drop.

She recalled the inner debate she was having with herself. She knew that most of the evenings of her Robert's trips were filled with dinners, some after dinner drinks and occasionally a trip to a club. He never kept it from her and there were a few times that he recounted during their late evening phone calls about the places they went and sometimes dancing with one of their female employees from the local office. It all always seemed innocent and above board and he was up front about it,

She also remembered that she didn't relish dinner alone and then an early night in the hotel room. Especially when she knew the other women were going to be out on the town having fun. With a little apprehension, she pulled the phone from her purse and looked at the text message. She punched in a quick reply and then stopped, hesitating, before she hit the send button.

Nothing happening here. What do you propose?

The reply took several minutes. The others were anxious to get on with their evening and the entire crowd was soon heading back to the elevators. She was in a crowded car with the other four women when her phone chimed. She carefully read the text message.

Something simple. Not late. I have an early flight.

She keyed back a quick response.

Where?

"I'll get a cab and pick you up in front of your hotel. 6pm. Wear something nice."

She dropped the phone back in her purse. One of the four women she was with nudged her and leaned over with a conspiratorial smile.

"The last night of the conference is always the best. Remember, what happened more than 150 miles from home stays there."

Jayla had looked at her aghast and saw the other woman wink. The elevator door opened and they all headed to their rooms.

&&&&&

The stewardess came by and took her drink order. Jayla decided on a nice white wine. As the stewardess continued on, she slipped back to her memories. She recalled that night in great detail. It had stuck in her memory despite the years. She really had not had anything "nice" to wear. She had packed for a weekend of conferences and crafting. Eventually, a nice blue straight skirt with a knee length hem and a soft cashmere pail blue sweater was the best she could muster. She had dressed, done her hair and makeup. She was in the lobby at 6:30 om.

As she went outside she remembered how hot and muggy it was in Atlanta. The wait wasn't long. THe cab pulled up under the portico and Charles had stepped out smiling. He was dressed in an immaculate business suit, complete with tie. He bent at the waist and swept his arm toward the open cab door.

"Your chariot awaits."

As she remembered the moment, she smiled softly. At the time she had giggled like a schoolgirl. She got into the cab, and they were on their way. The ride wasn't long. He had chosen a restaurant atop one of Atlanta's premier hotels that offered sky view vistas of Atlanta and five-star cuisine. Jayla remembered feeling slightly underdressed for the location.

The dinner had been wonderful. The conversation was almost intimate. They talked about their spouses and children to great length. Charles had asked about Robert and she had given him a pretty in depth review of their courtship and marriage. She remembered he had asked her if she was happy and she had answered effusively that she was as happy as she thought she could ever be. Jayla also remembered that Charles spoke the same way about his wife and family.

After dinner, he suggested they go upstairs to the bar. The bar offered the same wonderful views of Atlanta and as the city transitioned from daylight to darkness, it became even more fantastical as the lights across the city began to wink on and the darkness deepened. A band started to play classic rock on the far side of the nightclub as they sat and talked. She remembered seeing Charles look over at they band as they started a new song. She had stopped to listen and recognized ERic Clapton singing "Wonderful Tonight. It was one of her favorites.

Charles had risen and offered his hand. She looked at him suspiciously.

"Come on. I love Clapton and particularly this song."

"I don't know. I'm married. It seems a little, not right."

He looked at her sympathetically.

"I understand. If it is a problem we won't. I don't know much about your husband but the feeling I get from you telling me about your relationship, if you told him you went out and danced a few dances, he would probably ask if your partner was a good dancer."

Jayla had grinned. That was probably exactly what he would say. She had reached for Charles's hand and they had made it to the dance floor intime to enjoy that last half of the song. They danced several more times and had several more drinks. It was getting late when Charles had looked at her.

"Jayla, this is one of the best evenings I have had on the road. I usually sit in my hotel room and eat a room service meal. You have made this such a pleasant experience. One more dance before we go?"

She remembered looking at him and wondering what it would have been like had she met him before she met Robert all those years ago. She took his hand and they walked to the dance floor. He stopped at the small stage and spoke to the guitar player quietly. Jayla had seen a bill have hands. The guitar player had turned to the others and then looked back at them with a smile. The irist chords of the song started and the black bass player stepped to the microphone and began to sing in a deep baritone voice.

She recognized that song. 'Nothing Takes the Place of Love' by Isaac Hayes. As the baritone voice crooned behind them, Charles had folded her into his arms, pulling her close to his chest. She had put her head on his shoulder. It was magical. They were alone on the dance floor. The music, her thoughts...

The song had seemed to last for an hour. It was only about 4 minutes long. When the song ended, they stood for another long minute, close. Finally, Charles had stepped back.

"We should get you back to your hotel. I have an early flight."

She nodded. Then the band started up another song. It was another Isaac Hayes tune, 'For the Good Times.' She heard the first few bars and then the words. He had looked down at her with his gray eyes. Without a word being spoken, he had pulled her in close again. They barely moved in time to the music. She closed her eyes.

The ride back to the hotel had been quiet with few words spoken. They sat close to one another, each deep in thought. When the cab pulled up in front of her hotel he had gotten out to hold the door open for her. She started to scoot across the seat. As she turned to stand up, something clicked inside her. For the last 5 years she had thought about that moment, what had caused her to do what she did, and where it had taken her. She remembered reaching up to take his hand and pull him back into the cab.

&&&&&

She spent the rest of the flight both reminiscing and trying to puzzle out in her own mind how that one instant decision had affected her. The night had been magical. Charles was a slow and intense lover. He wasn't rough, nor was he gentle. She had gotten back to the hotel early the next morning. He had put her in a cab and he was getting in another to head to the airport. She had showered, put on her traveling outfit and packed. The cab took her to the airport and she was there when the other four women arrived together. They were all about finding out where she had been and what she had done. She had explained that she had gone for a quiet dinner, came back to the hotel, and gotten up early and came to the airport. They all seemed disappointed that she didn't have a sordid story of an affair. Jayla had then listened to each of them tell the others about their escapades on Saturday night.

Robert had returned the following Friday and she had picked hip up from the airport. He greeted her with a long and passionate kiss in the airport which she returned with equal ardor. Life returned to normal. While she did occasionally think about that Saturday night, she did it without any conscious thought of trying to relive it or do it again. It had happened. It was magical. It was done.

Six months later, Robert was planning his next two week West Coast trip. He asked her to go with him. She was seriously considering it when she got a text from out of the blue. It was Charles.

EROSSIR
EROSSIR
396 Followers
12