Loving Wives, Loving Husbands

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This may be presumptuous, but I am going to be just up the road at a company retreat. It is over on Friday night. Any chance Robert is off on one of his junkets and we could have dinner?

That had given her pause. She had thought about it for several days. In the end she had told Robert that she just didn't relish sitting around in a hotel while he was busy with meetings. He was adamant. She would enjoy meeting everyone at the dinners and social functions. She could come and sit in on their meetings.. she didn't have to spend time in the hotel room. She could go shopping or sightseeing. He made a really compelling argument.

She was almost swayed. Then Charles sent a second text.

The conference is over on Friday but I am staying over until Sunday. That would give us all day Saturday and Saturday night to be together.

She had found Robert in his study. She had slipped up behind him and ran her hands down his chest and kissed him on the cheek.

"Husband, I love you to the nth degree, but the thought of spending that much time with your colleagues listening to you talk about finance, investments and all that's wrong with the country just doesn't seem enjoyable. I will stay home and do my thing with my groups. I will be fine."

He had looked up at her. He was smiling but seemed just a little disappointed.

'If that is what you really want to do. I want you to know that you are more than welcome to come with me and join in. "

She had kissed him again and they had made incredible love that night. She remembered it clearly. Even after all this time.

Jayla remembered that second weekend well. She booked a room at the same hotel he was in. As soon as his conference was over, they had gone to dinner, had a few drinks and danced and then headed back to his hotel room. Her second night in his arms and his bed was almost as marvelous as she remembered the first. Surprisingly, on Saturday they had spent all day in the hotel room. Mostly they sat and talked. They had only gotten intimate that evening. Dinner was served in the room and they spent the rest of the evening laying in bed, naked, talking, laughing, and watching old movies on the TV cable channels.

On Sunday morning, she hung around as he got ready to leave for his flight. As he left, she went to her room, gathered her things, and went to pick up her car for the drive home. She was back well before Robert's flight, late that evening and had his favorite meal ready when he got home.

&&&&&

She felt the landing gear on the plane touch the runway and she looked out. She was back in Atlanta where the whole thing had started 6 years ago. This was her thirteenth trip to meet Charles. The closer the plane got to the terminal, the less she thought of home and Robert and the more she thought of the next two days and three nights with Charles.

The cab ride to the hotel was longer than usual. It was almost 2 in the afternoon when she finally got into the lobby and picked up her room key. She suspected that Charles was still in his meetings so she headed up to her room. Once there, she unpacked a few things that needed to be hung. After the flight, she was restless so she went down stairs to the lobby to walk around a bit.

She was looking in the window of one of the shops when hands went around her waist and she heard the voice.

"Hello Jayla."

She spun around and looked up into his gray eyes and nearly melted. Her arms went around his neck and her lips found his. The kiss was enough to attract a number of stares and some good natured comments. She finally untangled her arms from around him.

"You're done early."

"Yep. Things wound up early and everyone was anxious to get out of the meeting room. Some are busy right now trying to trade for late flights tonight to get home."

"She looked up at him."

"What's the plan for tonight?"

"Dinner, drinks and some dancing. Then we have a whole day and two nights to do anything we want."

She grinned, tiptoed up and kissed him.

"Then I need to shower and get dressed."

"Lead the way, Princess."

They had made their way to her hotel room. He kissed and then begged off for a few minutes.

"I really need to drop off my packets from the meeting, at least change my shirt, and I need to call home. Is that ok?"

"Of course. I will get showered and dressed. Take your time. Come back when you are ready."

He nodded, kissed her on the forehead and left her to enter her room. She locked the door and quickly began to undress in preparation to take a shower. She took a long leisurely shower. Once out, she began to work on her hair and then her makeup. She had decided to wear the new jade green dress that evening. She left the bathroom to finish getting dressed. As she sat down on the bed, she glanced at her purse that lay on the bed. She had dug out her hotel key and then tossed it on the bed. The purse had opened and most of its contents lay scattered on the bed. Only then did she notice that her phone was still in airplane mode. She had never changed it after the plane had landed.

Sitting on the bed in her bra and panties, she reached for the phone and pressed the button to put back on full service. Immediately the phone began to chime incessantly. She looked and saw that there were 8 phone calls and at least that many text messages. She checked the missed calls and saw that about half were from her daughter and half from her son. She immediately dialed her daughter's number.

Jayla heard Sarah's voice and it had a sharp cutting edge that Jayla didn't like.

"Mother, where are you? Why aren't you answering your phone?

"I'm sorry. I forgot to put it on the charger last night. (lie number one). Is something wrong?"

"Mother. Dad had a massive heart attack this morning at his meeting. The docs took him to surgery right after he got to the hospital. The surgery is still going on. Where have you been? Dad needs you. NOW."

Jayla sat in total shock.

"Mom! MOM! Are you there? I am flying out to Sacramento first thing in the morning. Robert is driving up tonight. He should be there in a couple of hours. I talked to Conner in Germany not long ago. He is trying to get emergency leave to come home. You need to get to Sacramento as fast as possible. MOM.. are you hearing me?"

Jayla finally found her voice.

"Yes. I understand. I'll start making arrangements right now. I'll be there as quickly as I can."

"Good. And don't let your phone run down again. When you get to the airport buy one of those extended battery things."

"Yes.. Of course... I.... I.....I have to get off and start making reservations. Have Robert contact me when he gets there."

"He will. He has been calling you as well."

"Ok... bye."

Jayla dropped the phone in her lap. Tears were streaming down her face as she tried to compose herself enough to try and figure out what to do. Just then, she heard a knock at the door,

Numbly, she stood. The phone dropped to the floor unheeded. She stumbled to the door, looked through the peephole and saw Charles standing there. Jerking the door open she fled into the hall. He looked surprised as she came flying out of the room in her bra and panties and grabbed him sobbing.

"What the hell is wrong?"

He walked her backwards into the room and pushed the door shut with his foot. She was sobbing almost uncontrollably. I took almost five minutes to calm her down enough to begin to get the story. He finally understood what had happened. He sat her down on the bed and picked up her phone.

"Where is he?"

She sobbed the words.

"Sacramento."

"Is anyone with him?"

"Some of his business friends. My son will be there in a couple of hours. I need to get there but I just can't think."

"You don't have too. Get dressed. Dress to travel. NOW!"

His tone startled her and she jumped slightly. She looked up at him surprised and he leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

"Didn't mean to startle you but at least I got your attention. Get dressed and pack your things."

"Uhh.. Why?"

"Because you are going to Sacramento. You need to be with your husband."

She nodded and headed to find clothes to wear. Charles sat down on the bed and pulled out his phone. He was busy until he heard her close the suitcase and pull the zipper shut. He looked up.

"You are booked on a flight to Sacramento. It has a layover in Dallas but you don't have to change planes. It will be late when you get in. Do you have cash?"

She nodded.

"I have forty dollars."

He pulled out his wallet and handed her a thick wad of 20s.

"There. That should give you enough until you can get established in Sacramento. You need to eat something before you get on that plane."

She looked at him incredulously.

"I don't know what to say. I will pay you back. I promise.. some way.."

"Nonsense. You don't worry about anything but getting to that hospital and being with Robert. He is going to need you more than ever."

She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight. She was streaming tears again.

"Are you sure?"

"Jayla. I hope you would do the same for me if the places were switched. Now get your bag and let's get you to the airport."

He had managed to find a flight that left in less than two hours. They hurried to the airport and he walked as far as the TSA line. He pulled her to him and hugged her tight. She started to give him a kiss. He smiled and put a hand over her lips.

"Save those for Robert. They will mean more to him now than ever. I'll be in contact."

He had turned her toward the TSA booth. When she was finally through the check in she looked for him, but he was gone."

12