All Comments on 'Lucy'

by clarkcrow

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Wow !

Fuck you. This brought tears to my eyes. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Kudos

The ultimate worth of a story lies in its ability to create a genuine emotional experience in or to provoke meaningful thought by the reader. "Lucy" does both, nearly seamlessly. The story is one with a universal message about universal truths. Kudos.

debbie2freedebbie2freeabout 11 years ago
dang it made me cry

This story mad me bawl like a lil kid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow. This story is a killer.

It takes me back several years to when my college-aged son was diagnosed with cancer. The PET scan showed that the surgery, chemo and radiation had not eradicated it. All I could think about was how little he had experienced of life. I decided that if he was given a death sentence, I would send him and his girlfriend, who had been supportive throughout the process, to Hawaii, a favorite place of his. It was the only thing I could think of that might bring him some happiness at the end of his life.

Just as we considering a stem cell transplant, we were advised to wait one more month and have him get another PET scan. Apparently, the oncologists didn't know what the radiologists were learning, that you can actually have a PET scan too soon. The chemo and radiation can work together to continue to kill cancer cells, even months after treatment is completed.

Now my son is busy as a video editor during the day and a performing singer/songwriter on weekends. We are blessed. But I am still hoping that he will find love as well, the kind that loves you back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

hey, isn't it how they say it ' that's some deep shit man, some deeep shiiit'... he he he, ... honestly, it was super, ... really appreciate it for i am guessing that it takes a lot out of someone to put those kind of thoughts into words and a story.

LadyFalconLadyFalconabout 11 years ago
*sniff, sniff* Damn it. You made me cry.

Well done, Z. I think I'm glad you didn't have me edit this one. I wouldn't have wanted to get used to the emotion it generated. You have depths you are still learning about and I'm fascinated and honored to watch you navigate them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
a touch of sadness

this story makes me feel human. definitely threw me into a space where i needed to be, albeit only for the time it took me to finish reading the story

this will stay with me for a while. i'm sure i'll come back and reread it.

thank you

energystarenergystarabout 11 years ago
I agree with all of the above.

Just too good

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Incredible

What a touching tale. You could feel his pain and the ache for the woman he would never have. I am in awe. I shall check out this genre more often.

Johnny_boy95Johnny_boy95almost 11 years ago
Wow

*wipes eyes*I have never cried so hard in my life.i felt like I was in his place.my heart hurt and made me think about my loved ones and what I would do.im so sad.and I regret so much I have done.i have to make things better and correct my choices.who knows how long any of us have.thank you...thank you sooo much :')

AlberothAlberothover 7 years ago
Thanks...

My mum and stepdad have been together for 35 years now... it hasn't always been easy and they at times have hated each other. But they still do things together. What's the relevance to this story? My stepdad was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer thats metastasised into stage 4 cancer and is spreading through his body. Both of my parents are in denial about things. My stepdad thinks he is going to recover, and my mum thinks she still hates my stepdad (it's one of the hate periods in their relationship). But they both still care about each other deeply... more than they are letting on, and I don't know what's going to happen with my mum when he goes. I just hope she gets over what she thinks of him ATM, because despite what she says, she does love him and care for him. And I think that she'll be devastated when he passes.

Thank you for a lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Catharsis

I cried. Someone I love and can never have is out of my life. Moved away. Forbidden anyway but it was better than nothing to see her every once in a while. I'm so sad but hide it until something like this damn story makes me feel again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

That's a really beautiful story. Thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I hate you

You are a sadist dear author. Because of you, tears adorn my face, an inevitable result when reading such a well-written and beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A powerful story well told

Almost 7 years since the author posted this story. Hm. Hasn’t diminished the power to affect the reader. Excellent work. Thank you.

Cal59Cal59almost 4 years ago
Excellent

Originally read this about 6 years ago and stumbled upon it again, it’s lost nothing at all, thanks *****

steverob1054steverob1054about 3 years ago

Clark - there are some very gifted authors on Literotica, but you are in the very highest echelons. You write with such clarity and empathy, and you build your characters beautifully.

Many thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not sure what to think about this story. It was powerful but I think it missed its mark. He was in love with Lucy, but it was not returned. What do you do in such situations, well Dana said it straight up, you move on. To me that was what he was trying to do, move on. Did they allow him that space, nope. She had him in the friend zone, nice quiet little beta boy, still living the dream she might be his, but it was a night mare. Even his mother wouldn't allow him to get some self respect as she happily plotted with the 2 lesbian friends.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is a love story in the truest sense. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous