All Comments on 'Lucy, the Lathe Operator'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierce3 months ago

Lucy explained things very well to Rick(y). Nice story. Very nice.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Wonderful story!

5

Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

Sweet, caring. 5⛤

J6480J64803 months ago

Wonderful story mate

R410aR410a3 months ago

Nice story. Thanks.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u3 months ago

This story brings out many memories for me. Both as a toolmaker and as someone who worked in a factory where women worked production machines in the early 70's. Before index-able carbide tooling getting those cutting angles was critical. Machining and engineering have so many double meanings, nipples, tits, screwing, male and female parts that couple together. Well done, you recreated the scene perfectly and yep those ladies could be pretty forward and bawdy.

des911des9113 months ago

Lovely story. Thank you

pepepilotpepepilot3 months ago

Great story! 5 stars plus. Thank you.

Davester37Davester373 months ago

Another one! All I can say is thank you. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It is outstanding and warm.

RocketRyedRocketRyed3 months ago

What a sweet story! Thank you.

MysticMysteryMysticMystery3 months ago

Thanks for the sweet story. 5*

stewartbstewartb3 months ago

Sometimes it takes a little effort to keep a memory alive !

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Very good story, thanks for writing.

mitchawamitchawa3 months ago

Very nice "love" story. the writing style and plot were structured well. The long lead into the garage, coffee, and bed was put together well. The story has a warmth seldom found on this site. The ending without more sex is in keeping with the nature of Rick and Lucy. A gentle and excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Your stories are always such a pleasure to read and this was no exception.

k2peakerk2peaker3 months ago

Really great story. And, the detail regarding the machining gave it credibility. Appreciate Andy’s comments above as to its accuracy.

redbaron172redbaron1723 months ago

Awesome job of putting this story together, the accuracy of the terminology of the world of the machinist/tool and die maker, changing the grind for different types of metal is spot on. Also the role of a great and gifted supervisor/shift foreman, spot on also. So we know what you were in a previous life LOL.... GOOD JOB!!! 5 STARS ALL THE WAY..

Crusader235Crusader2353 months ago

Just a wonderful story, five stars, and thank you for it.

WilCox49WilCox493 months ago

Short and beautifully done. All very believable and detailed. (I can't speak for the engineering details and terminology, so I really appreciate having those who can speak up.)

.

mitchawa's comment seems to me right on target; both Lucy and Rick have the integrity not to let this turn into something ongoing that would affect their jobs--and the bit about Jack and Marion made the point without a big fanfare.

.

All in all, I think I may like this the best of your stories I've read, and that's a high bar. Thank you for writing and posting it.

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

Very touching story. You must have done a little machining in your day, as your descriptions were flawless. I enjoyed the read. Appropriately awarded.

texlootexloo2 months ago

That was a touching tale well told.

FandeborisFandeboris2 months ago

Writing this after the contest. Had my girlfriend read this. She thought the story was beautiful. Rick was beyond the normal for a male, her words. The one I felt for the most was Lucy. Hanging on to a memory of a marriage that ended too soon. And Valentine’s Day the day she got the notice. Can’t keep the dust out of air.

This is definitely worth 5 Stars.

jmcharl1jmcharl12 months ago

That was a beautiful, tasteful story.

Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS