Luna's Angel Ch. 13-16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,305 Followers

I made my way to what used to be the Alpha's office. Picking up the phone, I called home. "Alpha Nicholas," came the gruff greeting.

"Well hello to you, Dad," I said as I chuckled.

"Nathan? What are you doing calling from this line?"

"Trying to clean up another mess," I replied. "The evil Alphas fell back to this Pack land. They're gone now, but I have a bigger problem. Wendy... she's hurt."

There was a pause. "Do you need a doctor? I know a few friendly packs a few hours away, I can send them a message, get you help."

I laughed. "I don't think a doctor will help with this." I took some time, telling him everything that had happened since the last time we talked. He had a lot of questions, especially when I told him about the glow in her eyes and how she had taken out the two witches. When I was done, we both were quiet.

"Son, I don't know what to say. You said she died and went to Luna, and came back different."

"Yes, Luna said that I needed my mate by my side to balance me. She told me there were changes that we would discover. Do you think she gave her this power to balance my power?"

"I don't know. Whatever took her energy wasn't normal, it was witchcraft or from the Gods. At this point, all you can do is watch and wait, see if her health improves with time. Unless..."

"What, Dad?"

"Unless it was witchcraft, then you need another witch."

I knew that wouldn't be easy. Werewolves and witches hate each other, always have. Witches can't be trusted, and are killed on sight by the Packs. They live more among the humans, or in remote areas between Packs. "Do you know any?"

"No. As far as I know there aren't any nearby. I can make some calls, though. I just don't know if a witch can be convinced to trust us enough to go into a Pack area." The history was against us.

I made several more calls to the closest allied Alphas; the remaining members of the Pack would have to be absorbed into another. The reputation of this Pack made it difficult to convince anyone to take them. I had to push hard just to get them to agree to send people to talk to them. It had taken most of the night on the phone before I was done. I went back to Wendy's room and looked over at Mitch, who must have taken over for Phil at some point. "Any change?"

"She hasn't awoken," he replied. "Her breathing is better, and she seems to have improved." I moved into the room, checking her myself. I gestured to the door and he let himself out; I tucked myself into the bed, pulling her into my side. I was wound up, so I just prayed for her recovery as I held her tight. Eventually I fell asleep, my nose in her hair taking in her scent.

"Oh, my, she looks so much like her," a feminine voice said as I started to come out of dream space. I was instantly alert; jumping out of the bed, I had the strange woman's throat in my grasp and had her backed against the wall before she could react. She didn't resist, she just looked in my eyes and I in hers. She was a beautiful woman, with long brown hair in waves and hypnotic grey eyes. She was wearing a cape with a hood, and on the center of her forehead was a medallion. "I'm not here to hurt my niece," she said.

I looked at her and blinked; there was a resemblance in their faces, and I felt no evil in her. What I did feel was something else, a pulsing inside her from the magical power she held. I released her neck and stepped back, keeping myself between her and my mate. "Your niece?"

"Yes, although I'd prefer to tell this story to the both of you. Is she all right?"

I nodded. "She is slowly improving, she was so close to death last night."

"May I?" I didn't know why I trusted her so easily but I did; I stepped aside and let her move to the side of the bed. She reached down and touched her face, smiling as she tucked the hair back. "Her magic has drained her, that is why she is unconscious. It must have been big, whatever she did with it."

"It was," I said. "She freed me from magical chains, and cast two witches and three dark angels into the portal to the underworld the witches had opened up. Without her, I'd be lost forever down there."

"So that was what I felt." I looked at her quizzically. "The spells the dark witches used were quite powerful blood magic. It reverberated through time and space when they used it. Whose blood did they use?"

"Mine." I walked next to her and offered my hand. "I am Nathan, better known as Luna's Angel. You already know my mate Wendy."

She took my hand, then looked down. "I am Stephanie Good, leader of the White Coven. Sadly, no, I just found her now. I've been searching for her since she was born." She pulled down the blanket and held her hands over the bed, they started to glow the same kind of blue light I had seen from Wendy last night. "Stay back, this will help her."

I did, watching as the glow moved from her hands through the air until it started to envelop Wendy. She rose off the bed, floating beneath Stephanie's glowing hands until her body was completely covered with the glow. I could feel my own energy being tapped, the love that I had for her being pulled on along with the mate bond. I willingly pushed it to her, knowing my love for her was unending.

A minute later, the glow started to fade and Wendy drifted slowly down until she was resting on the bed again. The glow retreated into Stephanie's hands, and she stumbled a little as she tried to step back. I caught her and helped her to the chair. "I'm sorry, it took a lot out of me," she said as she sat down.

"What did you do?"

Wendy's voice called to me. "Nathan... you're here!"

I rushed to her side. "Of course, my love, I'll always be with you." I sat next to her and my hand cupped her face; her color was back, and she relaxed into my touch. My wolf was ecstatic, he reached out to her wolf and howled when he connected again. "Do you remember anything?"

She nodded and started to sit up; I helped her with the pillows so she was sitting up against the headboard. She was staring at Stephanie, who was grinning ear to ear. "Who is this?"

"This is Stephanie Good. She's a witch who helped me get you back... and she is your aunt."

"My aunt? How? I have no idea who my family is!"

Stephanie sat on the bedside table, taking her hand. "I know who you are, Wendy, not because I recognize you but I recognize your magic. You see, each witch has their own magic signature, even if we do the same spell our unique nature influences it slightly. Last night, I knew exactly which dark witches were creating havoc, but I about fell over when I felt your power coming out. It was just like your mother's. Unmistakable in its power and familiar as my own."

Wendy had closed her eyes, I could feel her confusion through the bond. "Who is my mother? Why did she abandon me?" She was pleading with the last, tears were forming in her eyes and started their path down her cheeks.

Stephanie leaned in and hugged her, letting her niece cry on her shoulder. "Your mother and father loved you deeply, Wendy. They hoped and prayed they would come back for you, but they never had the chance."

"How?"

"I found the letter when I felt her powers disappear and I went to your home. Your mother, Samantha Rose Good, was the former leader of our coven. She was among the most powerful of the white witches, but she held a secret."

"Wait a minute. You've mentioned white and black witches already, what do you mean?" Wendy looked at both of us for the answer.

"White witches are ones who worship nature and the natural forces of the world. Our power, our strength comes from the good in the world. Love, compassion, friendship, happiness- all of these emotions feed into our souls and our magic. White magic is about healing, restoration and balance. Black magic is its opposite; it is fed by hatred, envy, lust, jealousy and negative emotions. Its focus is on destruction and the acquisition of power. All witches fall to one side or the other, but the path of a White Witch is much more difficult." She looked at their hands. "The temptations of the Black Magic are great, it is a way to achieve great power in a short time. It is destructive, though; once you start using it, it changes your heart. Eventually there is nothing left but power and destruction."

"So my mother was a white witch?"

"Yes. Your mother was a great woman, but she had fallen in love. Now falling in love with another witch, even a human would have been acceptable, but she fell in love with a werewolf. Your father, John Baxter, was a Beta in a pack in Colorado. As you know, witches and werewolves were and remain enemies, but the types of witches made no difference to the werewolves. Your mother didn't care, she saw him for years in secret, becoming pregnant with you. When you were born, your parents decided that they were going to come out as mates. They marked each other, making the mating permanent, and John's pack felt the change in him. He had to bring Samantha with him to introduce to his Alpha and the Pack, but they didn't bring you. Just in case something happened, she locked your powers and left you at an orphanage, intending to return and claim you the next day."

Wendy's head dropped. "She didn't claim me, did she."

"No. When John brought her onto Pack lands, they were both arrested and brought to trial. Samantha had taken all her power and had given it to you, hidden deep inside. She also bound your wolf. For both, it would take exposure to their own kind to bring it back."

"So when I was adopted into the Pack, my wolf was released." She squeezed my hand. "And last night, being around those witches and their power..."

"Yes, that was enough to release your own power."

"And not a moment too soon," I added. "If you hadn't freed me from those chains and sent the witches to hell, I'd have lost you." I leaned over and kissed her gently. "I don't care your mother was a witch. You are my mate, I am with you forever," I said.

"And I am with you," she said before kissing me back. When I leaned back, she turned to Stephanie. "So what happened to my parents?"

"At trial, it didn't matter that she was no longer a witch, or that she and John were mates. The Pack burned them alive, after promising to let your father live if only he would lead them to their child. You were considered an abomination to them, they would have killed you without a second thought. Later I found out that they didn't make a sound, they held hand to their last breath and were gone." She wiped a tear away from her eyes. "They died protecting you, not just from wolves but other witches. Dark witches can steal powers, and such power inside a baby was too tempting a target. She bound your powers so tight, none of us could feel them, so I couldn't find you but they couldn't either. I went to the orphanage you were left at, but you were already gone. They wouldn't talk to me, I had no proof of who you were and who I was. The letter she gave me, it was infused with magic so only I could read it. I've been looking for you ever since; you're my only remaining family."

Wendy jumped out of bed and rushed to the chair, sitting in her lap she hugged her as they both cried. She was sad, but happy at the same time, I could feel. After an entire lifetime of feeling abandoned and worthless, she finally knew what had really happened. Her parents both loved her, and died to save her.

And now, she had power she could feel, bursting out of her center, a power great enough to overcome evil.

"We're going to be a hell of a team," she laughed as she looked at me. I had to agree.

partwolf
partwolf
2,305 Followers