All Comments on 'Lyin' Eyes Ch. 07'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 435 Comments
RustyReaderRustyReader5 days ago

Outstanding, human story. Well done

mfbridgesmfbridges5 days ago

Yeah, someone below mentioned it. I guess I can understand why she might not be equipped to explain why she feels a certain way. But how do you explain her continuous repeating to Mark that there is no way she's cheating. I don't think that fits in with how Dr. explained things in story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

i see some comments about the hubby being weak ?? i think he was incredibly strong to work through the problems and not lose himself or his love for his wife .

TruthvsTraditionTruthvsTradition18 days ago

I’ve been a marriage counselor and have also experienced in my personal life much of what is expressed in this section of stories. I have focused on the best writers especially over past few the years. This series is by far the most realistic and profound of anything I’ve read.

Some great authors have commented that these writings can be well beyond titillation, revenge or erotic outlets. I agree. The reader is afforded the chance while reading to greater understand their personal experiences as well as the human condition behind it all. There is great value in that and it may even approximate, duplicate or even exceed what can be achieved through professional counseling…. Probably because of the non threatening vicariousness as a reader.

I commend you for choosing the resolution of your ending. It was evidently not as easily composed as that of simple revenge. You developed it all carefully well. Thank you.

OldbuddyOldbuddy28 days ago

Lots of negativity in the comments. Perhaps from our own sense of right, wrong, wanting justice. What's fair, what's not. That is why this is good. It provokes thought. Whether we agree or disagree with Mark, most of us would agree with Carl. We can forgive our child, but we can not forgive our spouse. Interesting.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 1 month ago

If this was in fetish, it would be a decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Pretty obvious why the writer doesn't write anymore. In these times, his fragile protagonists would get slammed by the more multi-dimensional and heavily arced protagonists after the turn of the decade. Read this story after being referred to it by a remade version of it on another site. That story was SO MUCH better than this multi-part tragedy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 stars…faith, hope and love…and the greatest of these is love.

TommywinklesTommywinklesabout 1 month ago

Me personally can't see why Laura would lie to her husband and swear she wouldn't cheat on him while having sex with a man at the same time. I can't see anything to convince me the Dr/Therapist could explain. this is only my opinion and not meant to criticize you as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wow just wow. This story was so well written from the characters to the recovery it has to be in the top 10 and the best in this category I have read. It never disappointed and was not predictable but very logically sequenced. Thanks for sharing.

dinotail2023dinotail20232 months ago

love your stories, wish you were still writing, you are one of the best here.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As a family law attorney who occasionally works with investigators to gather evidence of infidelity or neglect, one hard and fast rule is always missing in these stories: If there is a chance for reconciliation, DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO! Not just the graphic ones--even CCTV and security tapes of a couple holding hands, necking, dancing, or even having a quiet meal can populate those "mind movies" that betrayed partners (especially men) struggle with. Carl would've known that and kept away Mark.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@Fallschrimjaeger nails it in the comment just below. It was in the 2012-2015 when online gamers began to throw around the word "cuck" and "cuckold" as an insult. it was a word dug up from the Georgian and Victorian times that wasn't even an overt insult. I actually think it came from /b/ and /pol/ on 4Chan (where the meme was invented). It slowly percolated onto Internet sites, Reddit, blogs, and the entirety of the gaming community. The old "letters to the editors" stories about wife sharing, wife watching, and associated kinks suddenly embraced the word. The fetishists and hardcore freaks who dreamed of sexualizing their wives using other men suddenly had a NAME! Then, the backlash began where anything but thermonuclear BTB is deemed "cuck sh*t" and even includes marriage reconciliation. You can see it evolve in the comments of stories from the early- to mid-2010s.

FallschirmjagerFallschirmjager3 months ago

In reading the LW genre I finally noticed a distinct break in the themes around 2017-2020, where it went from talking about the damage done by infidelity, to todays trend to glorify cokulding, and the victims not only acquiescence but full on acceptance of their “role” to submit to their spouses actions

Martyr2002Martyr20024 months ago

Its been years and I still go back and read your stuff. You will probably never see this but the issues I have with the recon are found here and I quote your story to help. Carl says "if you were just meeting a young divorced woman--call her, oh, I don't know...Laura?--and you were thinking of committing to a deep relationship with her, would you ask her...would you even be interested...in how many times she'd had sex before she met you, what kind of sex it was, and with whom? ". This is a false dichotomy, if he were to find a divorced woman or single mother down the line, they haven't made promises of monogamy to one another yet. Who she's been with before, who he's been with are irrelevant.

He also compares her mental illness to cancer which, while closer, is still a poor analogy. Loosing her hair and getting weak and maybe dying at the end is no where like a disease where the person's personality does a complete 180. They go out of their way to destroy everything around them, including themselves. They might not be completely culpable for their actions, but its another thing to ask a person they have hurt so deeply to remain in a loving relationship with them, stay married/remarry them and have another child with them.

J6480J64804 months ago

Good tale overall but sections 4 & 5 could be just 1. Overall 5 stars for the series. To the anoners, People its fiction & the author (sometimes me) has licence to tell their story anyway they wish. If you dont like it go to another tale. None of the tales on this platform is seeking a nobel prize for literature so get a life!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Modern superstitions deployed to exploit the overly sentimental achieving a result completely detached from reality.

Norseman123Norseman1234 months ago

Worth the wait 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

How are you able to write so much bullshit in seven different chapters?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The phrase "train wreck" comes to mind about this story.

davezqdavezq5 months ago

Very moving conclusion. A lot of words to pursue some complex ideas. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It brought tears to my eyes, love and trust can be so fragile, but forgiveness is the foundation of Love.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not convinced. The story sets out to prove that cheaters have no agency in their lives and action. They are, somehow, simply swept along by tides of unseen forces. Once again the person making that argument fails. It is nothing more than an excuse for selfishness and self indulgence.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Knowing the resolution of a spouses pathology is a fragile aspiration with highs and not so highs is an ongoing struggle. Understanding and the tools to cope are better. Peace, harmony and happiness are all the more treasured as ephemeral periods in the 'real world. Good Luck!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I am shocked this story got above a 3. Must be a lot of people out there who would take back their spouse because they were walking through the house and just happened to fall on that dick lying there.

Anyone who would even consider comparing cheating to cancer is an idiot. Not one person on the planet ever CHOSE to get cancer. Cheating is ALWAYS a choice. Actually a ton of them.

*They CHOSE to go to a bar with their co-worker

*They CHOSE to drink too much

*They CHOSE that first touch

*They CHOSE that first kiss

*They CHOSE to leave with them

*They CHOSE to get in that car

*They CHOSE to get out at the hotel or house

*They CHOSE to walk in the door

*They CHOSE to take off their clothes

*They CHOSE to have sex

At any point they could have stopped. In this story the woman CHOSE to do it over and over again while her husband BEGGED her to stop.

Stories like this only perpetuate the image that cheating is an accident or it's not the cheaters fault.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fast forward 15 years and someone buys a DNA kit for your youngest and you find out they aren't your's. THAT's how these stories really end.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow!!, I am so glad skipped over all the bullshit justifying of Laura being a cheating slut and her husband being a pathetic, closeted, cum sucking faggot. It is impossible to believe that a self assured, successful business man would feel the need to burden himself with something like this even with all the psychobabble spewed be his vp. Yeah, the grandson might not have evil intent when he kills his mom but she's still dead. And everyone has to deal with the consequences of that action.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I've known people with PTSD,

and I've had friends who, for lack of a better word, had their minds broken during aweekend, and not from any physical damage mind you.

To me it's beyond any concrete understanding, when you see someone literally have a mental breakdown and revert back to being an infant mentally, and never returning back to their regular selves.

As for this story,

I get the objective of what the author is trying to do, that is, make a correlation between her cheating and aunt's death.

She subconsciously believed that successful happy families cheat on their partners.

On a psychological level, though...

It's a bit off.-

Quaker0186Quaker01867 months ago

This was a great story and definitely in the top % of reads I have completed for about a year. Well done and keep up the great work.

usaretusaret8 months ago

Wonderful ending, it came a long way.

Speechless2025Speechless20258 months ago

This was a beautiful series. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No doubt Little Chris is mulatto.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A horrible story of a sick cheating whore and a worthless wimp cuck

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"I think some men will see me as a cuckold in the ancient sense of the word, a wimp to be scorned by every man I meet,"

It's good he thought that because there is no excuse for being a cuckold doormat and doing the fool me once it's my fault fool me twice it's your fault.

Of course sentients would see him as a cuckold and wimp because none other would put up with that much abuse and go back to the abuser.

sillylover723sillylover72310 months ago

I actually prefer when these end up in reconciliation. It always seems that the cheater is lost somehow. Nice touch with the reminder about the black camisole. Surprised that it didn't come up again, but I suppose it didn't need to. Thanks for the story!

sillylover723sillylover72310 months ago

Thanks for the story. I always appreciate stories that end with reconciliation. Much more realistic in my mind, and in line with the way I would act..

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Mirrors life in that in the vast majority of cases everyone around the cuckold seeks to excuse the behavior of tge cheating spouse. It's always the insensitive male's fault, after all.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Oh I’m so glad they got back together they will be so much stronger now thanks for a wonderful but hairy at times story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I don't see her mental illness at all bringing her to be a cheater and for so long. She wanted to cheat, she did cheat. He was angry, wants her back, so he accepts her back. She wins and I guess if he wants to stay with a cheater then he wins as well. Good luck to them both.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It's ironic how people use usernames that are the opposite of what they really are. Knuckledragger, you know who I'm talking about.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean12 months ago

Dang, saw some of that coming, but so well don. I don't know if I could/would make his choice, but, was as close as perfect for the character you made in the world you created. Thank you for letting us poke around inside your head a bit, it was a lovely visit and I do not think I have ever given a 5-star rating for reconciliation but your deep dive into her head to see the strings pulled by Graeae to find that fate

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I'm amazed at the psychological insights. I see by other comments that others don't get it. They limit the horizons of the possible.. I'll admit I'm a romantic but not unrealistic. There are lots of rationales cheaters use that ultimately fail to be convincing. Contrary to "Highnrow's" opinion, they will have a good life because they have the tools to handle life's vicissitudes gracefully. As someone who's a better person for therapy I get it.. the other thing I understand after your discussion is the use of cuvk as a pejorative. Don't agree but understand. Keep up the good work.

LMJ

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 1 year ago

Good series but you spent far too many words on the reasons behind her actions, but maybe that's just me. cd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Takes a lot to bring my perspective around to comprehending a n MC’s transition but you did it quite well earning ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop’s idea of an HEA, cuckold chooses to be a cuck, letting cheating wife off scot free. Their life together is going to SUCK big time, three damaged people wallowing in sadness, gating themselves for their ‘choices’.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Treacherous" is is the word you used. A good term and concept and meaning that is often ignored in many of these stories. All the psychology in the world can't fix that...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very mature and nuanced style of thinking and writing. The author has good therapy skills and definitely psychologically sophisticated. Felt content reading this. Continue the good work.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 year ago

Very interesting and unique story as far as my reading on Literotica. I was moved by the drama and the psychological healing. I don’t know how much of the counseling depicted was real or accurate but I like what it achieved.

Thanks for a 5 star effort

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

With the aspects of depression and the frequent partying……seems a manic phase is involved in that…..she is a strong candidate for Bi- Polar type 2…..incurable and at the end of life one cannot hope to count their number of sexual partners. As an example the track star Susy Favor Hamilton prostituted herself over a hundred times in just 6 days. R.H.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As the original KARNACK , the MAGNIFICENT, I can see the complete future of the MC. He shall have the distinct pleasure of one day having Carl deliver to him several excellent videos of Laura being made ‘Air Tight’………three separate times by 9 different men………all in a SINGLE EVENING!!!!!! BUT…. on consultation with the good lady Psychologist he will find that the ONLY REASON she resorted to this was that at the age of 11 her father farted TWICE!!!! At Thanksgiving Dinner!!!!!

Knowing this, Laura and the good Doctor feel she is NOW better equipped to deal with the problem and it is unlikely to re-occur again. The doctor feels she would be unlikely in the future to ever go in for anything more than the occasional Double Penetration in the years to come. R.H.

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Second read, a deeper understanding perhaps, was better than the first.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

A good story, very nice slightly different one, bit too much of the do good therapy for most Brits (we don’t really do that that much over here) but I did like the plot line,characters etc.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

I completely enjoyed this story. The details about how they worked through things made the story, in my opinion.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieover 1 year ago

Remember ‘The Sting’? Good movie, but had a dead spot in the middle. Like this story. Could’ve done without all the therapist stuff. Dragged it out waaay too long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Everybody has an excuse for their bad behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have really enjoyed some of this writers stories. Not so much this 1. When I got to that 3rd or 4th chapter and he said they were gonna get back together I thought oh no I don't know if I wanna even finish this 1. I like seeing how different writers handle the question can a marriage be saved after infidelity. This story --"If I'd been in control of myself, I wouldn't have done any of the things I did." I guess saying I'm insane for 2 years and then got my sanity back is 1 way to handle it but ---I don't buy it. But I must say this writer worked hard at trying to prove that. I think infidelity crushes a marriage once it happens it can't be repaired. It isn't an marriage anymore people may continue living together but They are doing that For reasons other than "forsaking all others, And for better or worse. The vow is broken trust is lost.

1 thing I found curious the husband and wife never had a sex scene the only ones who did were the people cheating? I just found that strange. The other thing how can it decisive Tough at times ruthless man let his wife go out 5 nights a week party Come home drunk regularly for 6 months and with a 3 year old just let it go? it does not fit the character

Appreciate the writer's effort

RGRollRGRollover 1 year ago

Very interesting story. Creates controversy and always some just want to be without sin and cast the first stone. Having been on both sides of this double bladed axe I am not without sin. Each person must make their own choices in life. You do tell a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is not your best work.

You do have an ability to give depth to your characters.

This story fell short in that.

Instead we are treated to a lot of amateurish incoherent psychobabble trying to explain away the inexplicable.

If Carl's Grandson went out in a rage and murdered someone, he is still murderer regardless of his disorders. There will still be a family grieving for a husband and father who didn't come home from work one day. No amount of psychobabble will ever change that. Do you believe it will be of comfort to the wife of the victim on the day they are being evicted from their home that they can no longer afford to know that the poor boy murderer was only sick. He wasn't bad, just sick.

The daughter, Alyssa, is still damaged by her mothers behaviour, regardless of whether it was truly inspired by illness or just plain simple nastiness. The results are the same. The pain and suffering is the same.

In the guise of him being a "good guy", the author has the victim committing heinous deeds just to salve his conscience. He is being a bad dad by exposing his daughter to this aberrant behaviour. Shame on him. I know. I know. Its just a story. Its not real nor true, but why oh why do so many talented authors use this trite story plot. How can they possibly believe that they are creating a "good guy" when he willingly makes his vulnerable daughter have a relationship with a whore or prostitute. How can a cheating whoring slut makes a good role model?

Why can't a story be written where the "good guy" victim just says to the ex-wife/ cheater who comes crawling back trying to get back into the kids lives

" Fuck off, do you think I would let an immoral lying cheat like you have anything to do with my daughter. I don't want her corrupted."

Now that would be a real good guy, protecting his family. That would definitely be 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author presents a "false" out come of Laura's treatment. Unfortunately, no amount of "love " or therapy cures mental or personality disorders. Laura will always have these personality disorders throughout the rest of her life. She may improve considerably as noted in the story but she will always struggle with some symptoms of her personality disorder. It is very likely she will have triggers and future episodes of undesirable behaviors and harmful actions associated with her disorder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I compare her to a computer that was infected with malware as an impressionable child. Not surprising she was all messed up and acted the way she did. Kudos to the husband for sticking with her thru an exhaustive debugging instead of trading her in for a new model.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

""Boss," Carl said smoothly, "if Laura had cancer and she was going through chemotherapy...and lost her hair and stuff...and she was down to skin and bones and was pale and weak...Boss, would you blame her for having her disease?"

False analogy in the sense that "cancer" is nothing like any of the Cluster B Personality Disorders like Borderline personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder, Narcissistic personality disorder or Antisocial personality disorder which have consistent, long-term, and unhealthy patterns of thinking, feeling as well as undesirable or self destructive behavior.

Behaviors such as deceitfulness and manipulation are used for personal gain, lack empathy, extremely negative reactions to criticism, elevated sense of self-importance, strong sense of entitlement, a false sense of intimacy, impulsive and reckless behavior such "indiscriminate" sexual behavior and/or addictive Hyper-sexuality. People with Cluster B Personality Disorders are rampant among cheaters like Laura.

Personality disorders are likely caused by a combination of genetics and environmental factors. One study found a strong correlation between borderline personality disorder and history of sexual trauma. Another study found a link between children who were verbally abused by their mothers and various personality disorders, including borderline and narcissistic personality disorders. A recent review also found similarities in the anatomic features of the brains of people with cluster B personality. This suggests that brain development may also contribute to these disorders. Research has found a significant link between cluster B personality disorders and family history as well. Having a parent or sibling with a personality disorder increases your risk for developing the disorder.

Cluster B Personality Disorders have no cure. Psychotherapy is typically a key part of any treatment plan and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) which focuses on problem solving and teaches the skills to identify problematic thoughts and beliefs.

Therapy does not guarantee individuals will not have episodes or triggers and fall back into self destructive behavior Which means Laura will most likely lapse back into "indiscriminate" sexual behavior at some point in the futures.

Just because he wouldn't blame Laura for her for having Cluster B Personality Disorder it does not mean that she'd make a good life partner with her disorder going forward. He has to ask himself if he wants to live with her when she goes through future episodes of "indiscriminate" sexual behavior again. Having the disorder does not excuse nor forgive her behavior. In criminal cases having a mental disorder does not exclude the person from conviction and punishment. Neither should it be an excuse for infidelity or cheating and subsequent consequences.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

What a load of cuckold creampie BULLSHIT as usual the moral of the story is no matter what fucked up nasty shit the wife does if the husband only loves her enough it's all ok

So does that make the Husband the Wife's Enabler?

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Je maintiens ce que j'ai dit. Marc est une vraie mauviette qui mérite d'être cocu!

waltdeewaltdeeover 1 year ago

"Sometimes the weld is stronger than the original material."

Awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I credit the author for tackling mental illness in an adulterous affair but I think he could have gone down a better path and mucked it up a bit. Mental illness (besides narcissism) is one of the hardest topics for cheating because without the illness, the person would have been fine but the mental illness is part of the person so it is a Mobius loop of trouble for an author. But again can be very emotional to write / read about. That being said, I can see that she had a really messed up family. Her parents and Aunt Ruth were just a trainwreck and not being more discreet, really messed with her formative years, so much so she depressed most of those bitter memories. That can happen. And Aunt Ruth dying could blow the lid off those memories. I don't see why the author went with the postpartum stuff. Seemed like he was grasping. Meh not sure. Maybe to explain how she saw the husband and Alyssa as a package deal when she started the betrayal. That seems weak to me and muddle things. What I can understand is not that she thought Mark should have an affair (that was stupid at end of Chapter 5 and a missed opportunity) but that she fully expected that one of them WOULD have an affair, that was the way things were and she was originally dead set it wouldn't be her because she saw what happened growing up. So she expected it but would not fall herself. Flash forward. Brian has been hitting on her for a long time. Sure she should have shut him down hard. Maybe she did for a while and the bitch Kathy didn't help matters. But Aunt Ruth died. The subconscious and a bunch of depressed memories and emotions welled up. She got really drunk at some point and Brian was there to capitalize like the pathetic dweeb he is. The point is that she suddenly realizes she is the one who cheated, not Mark. Mark is the perfect husband, and so close with Alyssa. She realizes that she fell from grace despite her being the one she though would NEVER cheat. She screwed up big time and knows Mark's intolerance of cheating. She treats Mark (and by extension Alyssa) like crap out of self loathing and guilt. She turns to Brian because she is debasing herself. She can't look in Mark's eyes and admit she is cheating. She wants him to find out, maybe accept it like her mother did (not knowing the real reason of asexuality, which btw how the heck did the psychologist fix that for her mother, that was dumb). Or maybe she wanted to burn herself down because she had broken the compact of marriage. She had done what her father had done (not knowing the collusion between Aunt, mother, and father). She felt unclean and dirty and Brian was where she went to wallow in it. But part of her saw Mark was too trusting. It took a 3 year old to see what he could not. So she escalated. She wanted to get caught. She knew he had a ton of resources at his hands. She denied it stridently to his face as she had horrible internal conflicts and wanted to be saved from her degrading relationship with Brian, either for better or worse. But in that hotel room in Vegas after the urging of Kathy and the participant of Mr Pathetic, she went way across the line when she attacked Mark and Alyssa. We saw how she soon after her tirade (Mark saw on video) that she tried calling back. That she stopped the sex and was intensely remorseful. Somehow the rage at her husband and her daughter, reflected back on her and the haze of debasement suddenly lifted, thought too late to save the marriage. Yes she is mentally ill. But having her become the traitor like her father, mixed in with all the heavy drinking (that started before she fell into bed with Brian, after her Aunt Ruth died), and knowing Mark's feelings, she decided to debase herself and their marriage and escalate when Mark was too dumb to see what was going on. Rational? No. Believable. Possibly. But the author for all his excellent writing mucks things up. The sex experience thing, her being a virgin (technically no prior man), resenting Mark's clear experience (dumb, it was probably excellent love making), and then "tutoring" Brian was exceedingly dumb and off base and if anything a pointless distraction. The stuff about she thought Mark SHOULD have an affair and since he wasn't / wouldn't, so she had to (3nd if Chapter 5) was quite frankly retarded. The postpartum depression was a red herring. Supposedly not knowing who was her real mother was interesting, but unnecessary. Imho the author should have stuck with Aunt Ruth death as a trigger, repressed memories and emotions regarding a messed up family dynamic with adultery at the heart of her childhood, loathing her parents for either participating (dad) or accepting (mom), expectations in her subconscious that Mark would have affair at some point (and that she never would), heavy drinking after Aunt Ruth died, Brian long term, gutless seduction, a one night mistake while drunk, self loathing (realizing that Mark didn't have the affair, she did), and then basically cutting herself and debasing herself with pathetic Brian (why the whole teaching him crap was just dumb), then escalating the affair while denying it in a dissociative way, would have maybe not been a clean explanation (author set some traps in first three chapters), but would have been an order of magnitude believable than the mish-mash that the author cobbled together in chapters 5 and 6. I give 5 stars for the daring attempt alone, but could have been a lot better with a different thesis for her mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. I really well written winding road of deception tying in mental health and then reconciliation/recovery and tremendous growth by adding to the family. I liked it. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Blame it on mental health,bullshit. She had full capacity. Bullshit,thats what this story turned out to be, to find an excuse and explain away her cheating.Read the first part of the story. She was deliberate and denied,even threatened to do what she was already doing if he kept accusing her. She went into a lengthy affair with full knowledge of what she was doing and wanting to do it and would have kept doing it if not discovered. If you try hard enough one can always find ways to justify ones action..THERE is NO excuse for cheating.This one is plain lame. Ruined what could have been a decent story. Longhorn you have done much more with less than this scenario had to offer. Stick to believable.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

I took the author's advice and didn't reread these last chapters (I have read them in the past, but don't remember very much), but did peek at it a bit, and I see there are some excuses for her cheating. These MIGHT carry some weight if his discovery of the cheating was a singular event. But it wasn't - he suspected, then knew even before the big reveal, and all along he was begging, pleading with her to stop. She was dismissive of his concerns, even as she knew they were true, even threatening to do what she was already doing!

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic story, good empathy towards the mental health issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You were right. Reading the last few chapters ruined the story.

If anyone is truly interested, you should read up on the psychological aspect of the story.

The cheating wife had to WANT to have an affair before her unconscious mind could justify it.

Look it up in Harvard or similar medical essays.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry, but you left out 1 key concern of the husband. Even though, she had figured out why all this happened. What is preventing her from entering some disassociative state again, and utterly destroying her family....again.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Such a long story, and filled with so many and much emotions. But the last few chapters were worth the time (and effort). It was worth it, good and righteous ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The first line of this story implied a funeral of two people, including three year old Alyssa.

How the hell did no editor or proof-reader catch that glaring error?

I read through this entire story waiting for the tragic death of Alyssa, and found out it wasn't an event, just bad grammar.

Otherwise a good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

From most of the comments not many people understand mental health an psychological problems I have first hand experience of the devastation post natal an clinical depression an ptsd have on a person to the point it can leave a person crippled I’m not saying it negates infidelity. I wouldn’t wish mental health problems on my worst enemy an I hope none of u experience the devastating effects an can live in ure little bubble where every is either black or white

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story then you spoil it with this gay man accepting his wife betrayal.So many damn weak faggots where gave all the men gone.Why would you write a story so long and then piss us off

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

I didn't quite understand the argument at the beginning of this part.

1) then a man who divorces his wife who cheated and betrayed her marriage and her family.....is not a real man because he will let his pride and his ego guide him.

2) a man who has a romantic relationship with a divorced woman or a woman of a certain age, is a real man because he doesn't care and accepts that she had a past and a sexual life before him.

But if it's the same guy!

suddenly he's not a man and then afterwards he is.

Holy shit it's complicated!

or is it stupid?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Life is a complicated mess, if you can't grow, learn, adapt and improve yourself then you may as well give up. That doesn't mean taking shit from anyone else, but deciding what you want for yourself and choosing when to forgive or condemn in your own heart, mind and time, not someone else's.

It's your life, live it well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I usually like reconciliation stories when I can see extenuating circumstances, but not here.

The baby was used as the reason he needed her back but that was a lame excuse. Let the mother deal with her.

I left here with no good feelings.

Bill S.

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

One of the longest cuckold stories out there! 1*!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hahahaha...I stopped reading this last installment at the comparison his employee makes between his wife having cancer and acting like slutty cunt.

Really? Her choices as an adult who had some fuckednuo experiences as a child equates to her getting cancer?

Like "you wouldn't blame her if she got the disease cancer...so how can you blame her for getting the slut's disease?"

Hahaha...right.

Didn't even finish it. Reconciliation at all costs...geez.

Utterly ridiculous.

The follow up from this is 10 years later after they've had 2 more kids...she's had some more bouts PP depression. Decides her trainer makes her feel like she is still a young and attractive woman. So to help get her depression under control she starts fucking him...just much more discreetly.

That's what damaged sluts do. They act like sluts.

Stupid.

tarkabukktarkabukkabout 2 years ago

What an outstanding job on an outstanding story.

Thank you for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Shades of grey

Profound. Not black & white, in fact just like real life.

I would have ruthlessly hacked out out the Laura bits in the last four chapters and kept it all in the one voice. But it is Longhorn's story, not mine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't be an ass, she was emotionally and mentally damaged from such an early age that it really was not completely her fault (a lot of the falt should be dropped on the parent and aunt like an anvil) she was lucky that the husband was not just strong but also considered and thoughtful and wanted answers. She was not like the completely scumbag whores who are just self absorbed slut who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and deserved any and all pain that can be inflicted upon them and they're fellow cheaters.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

What complete drivel. She is a slut and it is his fault he did not overlook it at first,oh, wait, the therapist willl work on him and get him to overlook it eventually. He is still a complete cuck and wordspinning will not change that, it is what the author is comfortable with in real life....just crap

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Is every graduate of UT Austin a cuckold?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. If we locked up all the women who were crazy, there would be nobody left! But seriously, when a spouse cheats it’s pretty bad. When you go off the deep end like she did, I don’t know if I could come back from that. But.... Everyone has to make their own decision. In her case, a post nup would have been something, that could have gave her husband some assurance, this wouldn’t happen again. And having two more kids, just seems crazy. So I gave it 3 stars, because the ending just didn’t seem believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. That was a well written story, but I am calling bullshit!

First off, her mother and aunt, or father never disrespected each other. I understand she wondered about their “ relationship”, but I am sure she would have called them to the carpet on it, during her teen years. At the most, she has learned a hard lesson. But where is the post nup? Shouldn’t that be a condition, of moving forward? Yeah, sorry, I am not buying it. Time to move on. One star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Disgusting. No wonder the story rating declines the further you go. Nice try, but I'm not a cuck like you so obviously are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Reread this story when as a random loving wives story. You worked hard to sell the reconciliation. Well you were successful with me. Fantastic! I gave you 5* again. Ty Jenny

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fucking awful. I read the whole thing, just in case you might have the guy grow a spine, or become less insane by the end, but no. She treated him like absolute shit. It wasn't a 'mistake' or a 'little slipup' but awful, abhorrent and unstoppable bullshit and he STILL took her back. She ain't worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Almost as good as fly over a country.

You are a fantastic writer and you really should consider writing a book.

Thank you for this wonderful story.

Highcountrtryrider

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Utterly pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"That wasn't the end of it of course. Laura and I still had many, many trust issues to sort through and deal with."

Meaning he wasted 7 chapters writing stupid psychobabble instead of addressing the real problem. It also means he have no idea how to bring the story home so he basically bring them back together and wrote that to cover his ass...

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Upon rereading the happily ever after reconciliation in this chapter is specious. The resolution is founded on the assumption of that all the specious tools that the psychiatrist has provided Laura coupled with her journey of hypnotically provided self realization have given her conscious mind control over her unconscious that have ruled her life. This resolution is by the very definitions used in the story:.: an oxymoron. The unconscious is only dimly perceived at best and certainly not subject to this kind of conscious containment.

No there is no way to fix Laura because not even Laura can see inside her head. The only measure available is to monitor. Ie trust and verify. This is described in the last page. He MUST closely monitor her outward actions permanently. She has demonstrated that she can and will be robot controlled by her unconscious desires. There is absolutely nothing that can assure her future actions will NEVER include betrayal. This is exactly why ALANON recognize that their members are ALWAYS Recovering alcoholics They recognize that they can and will act out again given proper triggering circumstances.

Laura simply CANNOT make ANY assurances concerning her future behavior. She is psychologically an unexplored bomb. Her husband chooses to ignore that truth and allow a resumption and expansion of a marriage solely based on “a lick and a promise.”

Obviously his overwhelming desire to end the pain of the failed marriage has caused what I see as foolish emotion to guide him into a false sense of reconciliation rather than end it all with Laura. He must protect his daughter from a psychopath who has acted out her hidden desires the worst manner imaginable.

The ending is utterly contrived nonsense.

Poppi123Poppi123over 2 years ago

I practiced medicine for many years and have a psychiatrist and a psychologist as two of my five children. I wish that the help these two people received reflected the real world of mental health treatment. Quality mental health diagnosis and treatment in the USA is really only available for the rich. What the unwealthy receive is poor diagnosis, and drugs, either prescribed or acquired on the street. And even with wealth available to pay for care, the results shown in this story are rarely achieved. Well written story. -4-

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Can't knock the writing skill, but it felt too repetitive and the psychological justifications quite weak, almost fantasy. Even if it's not a 1:1 with the emotional balance of men and women, if it were a guy who went into a depression after the death of an uncle, blanked out his wife, cheated with another woman for half a year despite his wife's pleas, and culminating with him telling the wife to take their child to hell with her while he was banging his side woman... well, he should have been out on his ass long before it got to that point. Seemed like a flimsy construct to get back to a happy ending, and feels a bit cheap in the end. When the writing's this good, it's disappointing that the plot feels half-baked in comparison.

marshamaymarshamayover 2 years ago

I loved this story. I had so many emotions while i read it. It was great.

MyFarktagisAwesomeMyFarktagisAwesomeover 2 years ago

This is sweet and caring. I love it and wish for more stories that make me feel better about humanity in general.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous