Mac and the Little People Ch. 10

Story Info
Things get violent.
4.4k words
4.77
3.7k
5
0

Part 10 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/10/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Even though the orders to retrieve her come from the queen, don't forget that Lamlag is the cause of the trouble. The one who captures her gets to put the first ten stripes on her back and gets the honor of standing beside me during the repeat of the re-naming procedure." said Drochide.

"What of the green freak?" somebody asked

"Kill it," said Drochide. He turned toward the field. "The fresher tracks go back toward the house. I want them surrounded and brought down before they can enter rabbit lands."

That removed all uncertainty from Tais' mind. Mac and Fifi were her only chance of escaping a life of servitude to Drochide and the cruel queen, and she was their only warning. She turned to run back the way she came, but stumbled in her haste, scattering pebbles into the crunchy leaf litter.

She heard Drochide's voice behind her call "Tais!" turning her visible again. He attempted to command "Tais stop!" but his words had no effect. She ran, wondering how Drochide had found out her real name.

Three arrows fell around her, and a fourth penetrated her shoulder. The point struck her scapula and stuck in her shoulder muscles. Tais sprinted away from the hunting party, concerned more about putting distance between herself and Drochide than anything else.

---

Mac squished across the big field in his soaked boots with Fifi on his shoulder. She held onto his head with her face buried in his hair. She was still scared after her encounter with the queen and in no mood to let go.

"Mac! Fifi!" called Tais from some distance behind them. Mac turned around to see Tais running toward them. The pale elf stood out easily in the dark field. She stopped and steadied herself against Mac's knee. He looked down to see the small arrow sticking out of her back. He got down on one knee.

"Turn around," he said.

"No. Time. Drochide. Coming," gasped the elf. She staggered. Mac noticed a bit of silver liquid smeared in the grass at her feet. He picked the elf up. Her back was sticky.

"What happened? And who is Droch-his-face?" he asked.

"Elves. Run!" said Tais. Her mouth sounded dry.

"Can you hold onto me?" Mac asked. Tais didn't say anything, but wrapped her legs around his waist and held onto his neck. He set off at a brisk, but smooth pace that soldiers use to carry heavy loads for many miles. The two little women gradually shifted around so that Tais was riding in front and Fifi rode on Mac's upper back.

As they crossed the field the moon rose, reflecting white on Tais' hair and skin. It seemed much longer than in the daylight. Perhaps it was the added weight, perhaps fatigue. Mac was concerned that if whoever lost her blood trail they would just have to look for the glow in the dark elf.

He was correct.

"Ow!" Mac felt a sharp pain in the back of one leg. He put his hand to it and pulled out the little skewer-like arrow. It had penetrated no more than a quarter inch, but still hurt. He turned around to see who shot him. Four little gray people similar to Tais advanced, though none shone in the moonlight like her. Their pallid gray faces were frozen in expressions of cruel purpose, as if their life's work was to make others suffer. They were all clad in crudely made leather armor. The one who seemed to be their leader advanced more boldly than the rest. His eyes were like smoldering coals set deep in his face. They flickered orange within a black void, as if the moon refused to shine on his eyes. Tais hid her face in Mac's chest.

"You have someone of mine, human," said the little man. Two females broke from the group and vanished into the grass on either side, obviously trying to encircle the three friends. Mac put his rolled up pants and Fifi's tools down.

"Call what you think is yours. Otherwise leave. Your arrows barely scratch me," said Mac. He knew that the little gray man had no need to talk to him if he could call Tais. What he didn't know was the right amount of time to stall. Take too long and the hunters would have them trapped, take too little time and not think of something.

"You are nobody to tell me to call or not call. I give the orders here. You do as I say or die," said the gray man, not angrily, but in a cold, amused way, as if he would enjoy inflicting the punishment more than having his orders followed. The little man made a small gesture with one finger. Two arrows came from the grass on either side and struck Mac mid-thigh of both legs. They didn't penetrate deeply, but it was the sharpest double charlie horse Mac had ever received.

"Looks like you want a fight, little man," Mac said and lowered Tais. She turned unsteadily on her wobbling legs to face the gray man.

"I won't let you hurt him," Tais said. She was brightly pale. Mac wondered if she had lost too much blood. Fifi dropped to the ground and rolled into the grass with her tool apron.

"Kill him," said the gray man.

Two more arrows came out of the bushes, but they vanished into silvery-white streaks that did no more to Mac than the moonlight, which was getting unusually bright. Or was it Tais-light? The little elf was shining like a full moon. The gray man shielded his eyes and backed away.

"Drochide, return to your own camp!" said Tais.

"Only the queen commands me," said the little gray man named Drochide. But he didn't add a threat at the end.

"Go!" shouted Tais. Drochide stumbled, but regained his footing, as if resisting a strong wind.

From somewhere to the right they heard a little yelp, but the voice was unfamiliar. It was followed by sounds of struggle, then one of Drochide's hunters sprang out of the grass, unarmed and running as if pursued. A puncture wound in her lower back bled profusely.

"Now I have a bow!" said Fifi from somewhere in the grass.

"You should run," said Mac.

"You should die," said Drochide. He took a stone headed spear from his rear guard and advanced purposefully. An arrow came out of the grass directly at him, but he deflected it with a deft flick of the spear. "Go kill the freak. These two are mine," The rear guard and the wounded hunter both drew obsidian knives and slipped into the grass.

"You just sent them to their deaths," said Tais.

"Your little half breed friend is no match for two of my hunters."

---

Fifi hid in the branches of a bushy maple sapling armed with a sharp little screwdriver. The two hunters advanced abreast, each picking along a little rabbit trail to avoid rustling the grass. They passed her position, one on each side. Unless she moved she would have to take her eyes off one of them, which would allow an opportunity to go invisible. She chose to watch the one who was not limping. He passed within a few inches of the maple.

Fifi saw her opening just below his last rib. She pushed off the trunk of the maple like a swimmer or a coiled spring with all her force concentrated on the point of the screwdriver. Her lunge rustled the branches of the maple.

"Between us!" shouted the wounded hunter from behind her. Too late. Fifi stabbed her target with all her force, and even felt a little pop in the screwdriver handle as the tip punctured the hunter's kidney. He seemed to fold in half as he fell with his body instinctively curling against the penetration. Fifi withdrew the screwdriver and stabbed his eyeball as he turned to look at what hit him. The tip of the screwdriver sparked when it hit his eye and cracked the obsidian like glass. Fifi jumped into the grass and ran along a rabbit trail leaving the screaming elf behind.

---

Mac smiled grimly at Drochide.

"Sounds like one of yours. Looks like its two against three." said Mac.

"More like two against two," said Drochide. He lunged forward. Mac felt a stabbing pain in his lower back and reacted instinctively, turning and throwing his fist at whatever stabbed him. They got him from behind, but he would at least make them work for it. Tais was thrown aside by the sudden movement. Mac felt his hand connect with something hard and brittle, and another stabbing pain struck him in the side just above his hip. Mac collapsed to his knees. Drochide pulled the spear point from Mac's body and thrust the point in front of his face.

"This is what kills you, human," he said. But Drochide didn't know he was dealing with a broken soldier who still believed in going down fighting. Mac hit Drochide on the side of his head with a hook which sent the little elf sprawling onto the ground. Mac crawled on his hands and knees to where Tais landed. She was still conscious, but weak.

"Lay with me," said Tais.

"No, we have to get Fifi and run before they kill us," said Mac.

The two hunters who had pursued Fifi emerged from the grass nearby. One was holding his face which was dark with blood. Neither looked like they had the will to fight. They looked at Mac, then limped away toward the forest. Fifi didn't emerge after them. Mac was enraged. He jumped to his feet, wincing from his wounds.

"I'm not done with you two miserable fucks!" He charged at them, punching wildly. The one with the wounded face didn't have the depth perception to dodge, so he was hit by one of Mac's rage punches and crumpled to the ground. He grabbed the other by the head and shouted into her face.

"Where is she? If you killed her I'm going to pop your head like a zit and smear you all over the forest! Answer!"

The elf gibbered senselessly as Mac slowly increased pressure on her little skull.

"Mac! I'm fine!" shouted Fifi from somewhere behind him.

Mac let go and shifted from a shout to the kind of low growl that only NCOs and movie villains can master. "Get out of my face." The little gray elf limped away as fast as she could manage. Mac slowly returned to where Tais lay with Fifi standing over her.

"You're hurt bad" said Fifi.

"I'll manage. Do that heal thing on T- I mean elf," said Mac.

"I can't" said Fifi.

"What do you mean can't?" asked Mac.

"It doesn't work like that. I still resent that she tried to kill me, so it won't work. It will just hurt more" said Fifi.

"So stop resenting," said Mac.

"I can't" said Fifi. Mac remembered his conversation with the two dogwood women.

"So it won't make you feel good just to help?" he asked. She looked up at him, puzzled.

Mac continued, "Have you noticed everyone here has some kind of obligation or some kind of deal? Nobody does anything free."

"That's how it is," said Fifi

"It doesn't have to be. Its not like that with us, is it?"

Fifi thought a moment "No. You didn't have to rescue me or let me stay with you."

"Now she is hurt just like you were. She's a friend now. She needs us and we need her."

"Are you so sure?" asked Fifi.

"She chose to help us instead of joining up with the other elves. That is enough evidence for me," said Mac.

---

Fifi looked down at the bleeding arrow wound. It was not long ago that she had a similar wound.

Mac knelt down and put his hands on either side of Fifi's head.

"Let's see if this works. See how I see," he said. Then Fifi saw the elf differently. She wasn't some non-gremlin. She was a battle buddy who needed help.

"I need more magic." said Fifi.

"Is mine still good?" asked Mac.

Fifi looked at his palms. "It's shaky, but it will work. Pull the arrow."

Mac pulled out the arrow. White-silver blood poured out. Fifi poked a claw into the wound. The elf winced but didn't fight.

"Hold my wrists and concentrate on making me strong," said Fifi. Mac held onto Fifi's little wrists. She could feel his magic pounding into her wrists in time with his heartbeat. Fifi sealed the puncture and withdrew. Mac turned the elf over.

"Water," she whispered.

"Can you carry her?" asked Fifi

"I think so. I don't think anything vital has been severed." said Mac.

Mac picked her up. He looked so huge to Fifi carrying the elf. For a moment she felt like she should be helping, but dismissed it as Mac's vision residue. He carried the elf the rest of the way to the back yard of the house.

---

Mac stopped at the little electric well building where a copper faucet protruded. Fifi turned the metal handle with difficulty but enough to let a trickle of water fall into the grass. Mac cupped his hand under the water. It filled with a mixture of water, his blood, and the elf's blood. It swirled in a faint golden vortex that faded as the blood diluted in the cold well water. Mac held his hand to the elf's mouth and poured in a few drops.

"More," she whispered. Mac gave her another tiny handful. He tried to lay her on the ground but she gripped his arms and wouldn't let go of him. Instead he sat and held her while Fifi gave the elf repeated handfuls of the well water.

"I think she will have to stay with us," said Mac.

"She can until she gets better, but moon elves don't live in houses".

"Why?"

"They need to be under the sky," said Fifi.

"What happens if we take her inside?" asked Mac.

"At first nothing serious, but too many nights without moonlight and she will get depressed."

"I definitely don't want to make her worse, but we need to get a wall between us and Droch-face."

"Stay with me," said Tais.

"We won't leave you alone," said Mac.

"I should have got caught by you a lot sooner," said the elf.

"What do you mean by that? How long were you following us around today?"

"All day," said the elf.

"So you were the one peeping!" Said Fifi

The elf shone faintly pink as she blushed. "I'm sorry"

"Its rude to peep on people during bath. I don't know why, but it is," said Fifi.

"Mac, did you know gremlins aren't the only ones who would appreciate an ear rub?" asked Tais.

"No, he doesn't know and doesn't need to!" said Fifi.

"Why so jealous?" Tais asked.

"Because mine!" said Fifi.

"You shared with Rose."

"More peeping, more rude!" said Fifi.

"We had to bargain for information," said Mac.

"I guess she doesn't know how things are around here," said Tais

"I'm getting an idea, but what do you mean?" asked Mac.

"You are a male, right?"

"Yes"

"How many other males have you seen today?" asked Tais.

"that I know are male, the two soldiers, Drochide, and that hunter."

"Have you wondered why so few?"

"I just assumed the men didn't want to talk to me, or were busy on whatever jobs little people do all day," said Mac.

"There is a shortage of males," said Tais.

"Why?" asked Fifi

"The queen took all the good ones for herself, and the rest she made into servants. The only men left with hearts are gnomes, and they prefer their own women," said Tais.

"What did she do to them?" asked Mac

"Something. Nobody knows what, but they can't love."

"What do you mean, can't love?" asked Mac.

"Can't do any of it. No kindness, no sex, no satisfying the women's desires. Only masturbation and cruelty."

"How does that involve me?" asked Mac.

"It should be obvious," said the elf. She looked up at him with desiring eyes that said she had gone without sex for a long time. He felt desired and uneasy at the same time. He had also gone without for a while. There had been opportunities before with human women, but each time he was too depressed, too messed up to accept.

"You will be disappointed if you think I can do those things for everyone here. There are a lot of pretty little women around, but I'm not going to save them all from loneliness. I made an exception for Fifi, but I can't do it for everyone," said Mac.

"You're wrong." said Tais.

"How do you know? We just met."

"I know you. Even after you grew up you are the same Mac. You rescued me twice after I spent all day looking for a way to kill you. Nobody else does that here." said Tais

"That doesn't make me the local stud. And what do you mean by-"

"It does! You have more love in you than everyone else here, so stop holding out!" interrupted Tais.

Fifi and Mac stared at her. "Sorry. I don't know what came over me," said the elf.

"Since you seem to be feeling better, do that short people first aid on these stab wounds," said Mac. He pointed at the cut on his torso. It was bleeding all over his leg. Tais held her hand over the cut.

"It's a clean cut. I just have to stick the flesh back together" said Tais. She massaged the area around the wound. "Be still, it will hurt a little." Mac braced himself and felt a sensation like a knife being withdrawn from his body. Then he felt something similar as the wound in his back closed.

Suddenly, a pink glow illuminated them from the house. It looked like a lamp was on in the great aunt's bedroom. "I think we have been found out. When she comes out, try to hide T-" he stopped himself. He almost gave away the elf's name to Fifi. "What do we call you?" he asked.

"Call me Tia."

"Tia is pretty," said Mac.

They crept to the back door as silently as a human can creep while carrying a glowing elf. Mac waited for Cuttystool to appear so they could rush the door and gain entry, but she didn't come.

After several minutes Mac got curious. He put Tia down on the step and crept over to the window. A lamp was on. He moved back and forth across the window, scanning the room through a tiny gap in the curtains. Cuttystool was standing on the small table, with her hand pressed to the glass cloche.

The doll inside held its hand pressed to the inside, as if trying to hold the brownie's hand through the glass.

Fifi pulled on his hand, then gestured for him to pick her up. He did, and she looked through the window. Her spicy aroma wafted up to him.

There were two dark streaks down the brownie's face. Her mouth moved but none of them could hear what she said. Then the doll put its face to the glass and Cuttystool kissed it. Then she pulled the little brass ball chain and the light went off. Mac dropped to a knee. Tia crept over.

"You got better fast," whispered Mac.

"I still want you to carry me," said Tia.

"If we talk to Cuttystool, don't tell her what we saw," whispered Mac.

"Why was she wearing clothes?" asked Fifi.

"I guess she wears clothes," Mac replied.

"But brownies don't wear clothes," said Fifi.

"The queen makes her," whispered Tia.

"How do you know this?" asked Mac.

Tia told the story. "A long time ago Cuttystool had a different name that nobody can remember, and was flesh. Her skin was warm brown like melted chocolate, and her eyes could make the hardest heart compassionate. She only wore a cute little apron and some oven mitts. A leprechaun named Red Andy who was passing through took a liking to her, and she returned his love. He stayed here at the refuge for over a year. He was a cobbler. We elves wore shoes then, so he had enough work to keep busy. We said she put a spell on him but it was in jest. He loved her more than he loved the road. The two made a child together. This must have angered the queen. When she saw Cuttystool's pregnant belly she flew into a rage. She banished the leprechaun and told us if he came back to kill him. The brownie had a little red headed leprechaun girl baby without the father at the birth. When the child grew up it grew rowdy like leprechaun children do. Cuttystool got in a lot of trouble over her child. One day the queen had enough of the child's mischief and trapped her as a doll, and turned Cuttystool to wood."

"Has anyone checked around the area to find the father?" asked Mac.

"Five years ago I was on a long patrol and stopped at Gumby's for lunch. I heard somebody complement an orc on his nice boots. He replied that their brigade had a leprechaun quartermaster. I was amused that an orc could own nice things and didn't think to follow up until later."

"That seems odd to me, a leprechaun among orcs," said Mac.

"Not so odd since the change. An orc brigade could have any number of different kinds of people in it, but if the leader is an orc they run it like their own little army." said Tia

12