Mage and Consort Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lady Montak grudgingly nodded. "Yes. And as it happens, I have come up with an alternative while this business is sorted. Consort Tomas is available, and with her crimes Lady Karlov has violated her own contract, releasing him. Unless a Mage protests, you will have his contract while the financial details are argued over."

Anya's heart fell. Tomas? Melina had been utterly contemptuous of him, and he sounded like a boor as well.

"Well, Lady Tur? You should be ecstatic. Tomas was rated very highly, high enough to have attracted Lady Karlov's Sponsors."

There was a gleam in Lady Montak's eyes. Anya knew she was beaten.

"Of course," she said. "I am pleased with your offer. But I will not drop my suit for my own Journeyman. His contract is still clearly with me, not muddled up."

Lady Montak shrugged. "As you wish. And pass on a message to Lord and Lady Jeharia. I am waiting for their contribution to the rebuilding effort. The levy is very fair, equal for all who benefit from this institution."

Anya sighed. "I will, Lady. Thank you for your time."

Not a hundred paces down the hall, she ran into Lady Jeharia herself.

"Lady," she said, bowing carefully. "I was just speaking to Lady Montak, about filing a claim for my Consort --"

Lady Jeharia stepped forward and slapped her as hard as she could. Thankfully that wasn't very hard.

"You absolute fool," she said. "You've ruined everything, and now they're demanding this extra levy on top of everything. You've brought shame on our household, for sponsoring you, and you couldn't even hold onto the Consort who might have made you useful --"

"Lady, please bear with me. I will get my Journeyman back, and Lady Montak has just offered me Tomas in the meantime. He was chosen highly, third of all the Journeymen!"

Lady Jeharia shook her head. "There is talk. Melina had a reason to steal away with your Consort, rather than Tomas --"

"I think that is overblown, Lady. I do not deny Melina threatened me and forced me to share my own Consort, but that is because she was so greedy. In truth there are rumors she did the same to several others in our class, all who did not have the strength to oppose her. She escaped with my Consort only by bad luck, because he was at hand when her time was up."

Lady Jeharia frowned. "Prove it, then," she said. "Show me you have the strength, without this Journeyman."

Anya swallowed. She was on dangerous ground. If her Sponsor bragged too much, she would attract attention. "Lady, I have spent three days catching up in my classes and putting affairs in order, without any Seed. I am nowhere near my best."

"Then take it from the other Journeyman," she said. "Understand this, Anya: I was coming to discuss my options with Lady Montak for canceling your own contract."

Anya was frozen. There seemed an obvious option, and she just didn't want to do it. That was what it boiled down to. She didn't like the idea of joining with yet another Consort. She wanted Leo.

This was the price for a Lady of talent, she knew. She wouldn't be in a position to choose a true partner for a long while, and only if she won her place with the Jeharias or some other estate. Maybe that was still possible despite everything.

"Of course," she said, hoping she sounded confident. "That is a sensible plan. I should have little difficulty with his Seed."

Lady Jeharia followed her all the way to the Journeyman's wing.

"Lady Montak has assigned me Tomas's contract temporarily," Anya told the man on duty. "Send a messenger for him. I have need."

When he stared in bafflement at her, Lady Jeharia stepped forward. "Do as Lady Tur says. Do you know who I am?"

Anya watched the runner go. Yes, it was surprisingly easy to slip into this ridiculous role. She just had to copy the Lady standing next to her.

Tomas was big, handsome, and well-dressed.

"My Ladies," he bowed, graceful as Leo. Anya immediately hated him.

"Follow me," Anya said. "I assume you've been informed? I am Lady Tur, and I will be making use of you for the foreseeable future."

She led, and heard a brief hesitation before Lady Jeharia came at her heels.

Anya was most of the way to her wing when she remembered the state her room was still in. Lady Jeharia would hardly be impressed.

"Did Melina lock her door regularly?"

Lady Jeharia pulled to a halt, looking confused.

"Yes, Lady," said Tomas smoothly. "However, I understand it was opened after her departure."

"Thank you, Consort. I was only just informed of the transfer, while my chambers undergo repair. This way, Lady Jeharia."

Melina's lock had been broken open with Force magic, but her room was otherwise in fine shape. It was also twice the size of Anya's.

"If you would wait but a minute or two," Anya said, smiling at Lady Jeharia. "Sometimes with a new Consort there are certain compatibilities to iron out. Will that suffice, Tomas, or should I ask the Lady to wait longer?"

Tomas looked uncomfortable for the first time. "No, Lady, I believe that will be adequate."

Anya smiled to Lady Jeharia, bowed, and closed the door before the Lady could insist on coming in.

Her bluster had gotten her this far, but Anya's stomach roiled with nervousness. She had enough strength left to impress Lady Jeharia no matter what happened with Tomas, that was what was important.

Tomas was quick about it, but she'd seen him slip the herb into his mouth as soon as the door closed.

"Is there aught I may do for my Lady?"

"No, Consort, this is not the time for it. Drop your breeches, and we'll get right to it. Have no fear of your dignity, as I would never tell but the best of your abilities, the ones you perhaps will show me later."

She gestured, and Tomas swallowed and smiled weakly.

Anya stared dispassionately at his manhood. Large, perfectly shaved, and not standing up fully. Certainly smaller than Grigory.

This was his duty, not hers.

"Ready yourself if you must," she said, gesturing again.

"This -- ah, Lady, I am ready enough, when my Lady is" he said, taking hold of his shaft. "I will do my duty, and perhaps another time --"

"Another time," she agreed, kneeling in front of him. He smelled -- scented. Like blossoms. It might have been pleasant if smelled in another circumstance. All she wanted was Leo's simple musk. "I must tell you my mouth is not well suited to the methods Melina may have employed. Do not expect to deposit your Seed in my throat."

She opened her mouth, and Tomas nodded, carefully inserted his manhood, one fist wrapped around its base tightly as he stroked quickly and awkwardly.

Tomas sighed, then grunted rather loudly, and she finally felt his Seed, riding on an unpleasantly large emission. Not so much as Leo, though. The salty heat dripped down her throat, and with him there was nothing wonderful about it. Simple expedience. This was how it was, with a Consort and his Lady.

He waited until she finished swallowing, then another few seconds, and that was that.

"My Lady," he said, bowing deeply. She hated that bow, the way it mocked Leo.

"Thank you," she said. She was thinking about who exactly might have installed Tomas with Melina, and whether he was as stupid as he seemed. Melina had assumed he spied on her. "I will have need of you later, but for now I have business with Lady Jeharia. Good day, Consort."

She sat on the bed and let him leave. Lady Jeharia came in a moment later, for once looking slightly off-balance.

"That -- it's done?"

"Yes, that's how it is with a good Consort," she said, trying to be casual about licking her lip. "He has given me enough to demonstrate my strength, I think."

She put out her hand, gathering Wind. A tight circulation, directed properly. She was rather bad at this, but it was safer than showing off with Force magic. Lady Jeharia's hair waved wildly, and she looked around, eyes wide. Anya lifted her other hand, pointed at the door, and focused. Then she added some Force magic just to make sure. The door shut with a soft thump.

Lady Jeharia nodded, smiling eagerly. "Good, good. He will do, won't he? Perhaps I should find a way to take over his Contract permanently."

Anya shook her head. "The details are a mess, but Lady Montak implied it wouldn't work out that way. And his contract was much more expensive than Journeyman Leo. But in truth, Leo seems a more reliable Consort. I have heard unpleasant rumors about Tomas's propriety, where it was clear that Journeyman Leo would never tread mistakenly. I will take his power gladly while I can, but I will pursue my petition for Journeyman Leo, and I think it's only a matter of time before everything's settled and proper again."

Lady Jeharia nodded once more. Then she looked at Anya slyly. "Lady Montak didn't actually promise you this room, did she?"

Anya shrugged, allowing a bit of a smile. Her legs were shaking, and she was glad she sat on the bed. "I -- assumed it was implied along with the rest. And it seemed better to bargain from a position of strength. If I must be forced to give up this room that was offered, surely there should be compensation ..."

"Yes, yes," Lady Jeharia said, smile broadening. "Well, I'll see about this levy. It seems you have suffered quite some damages, after all, and there are surely stranded assets left from those foolish Savilias ..."

Anya nodded. "That is a clever approach," she said. "I'm lucky to have such a resourceful Sponsor. Please send my regards to your husband."

Lady Jeharia closed the door after her, and then Anya scrambled onto the floor, finding Melina's close stool just in time to vomit.

After she'd mostly cleaned the taste from her mouth, she lay on the luxurious spread, head resting on the pillow. Everything smelled faintly of Melina.

Anya knew she would have uncomfortable dreams.

#

Leo felt the Mage well before she arrived. Lady Karlov reacted shortly afterwards, sitting up with an expression of alarm. At her gesture, Leo hastened to sit against the far wall.

The woman who entered was gaunt and wrinkled, though Leo suspected she was no more than fifty. Her hair was cropped shorter than most men, and her power drew him like the sun. She looked at him for a long while and then turned to Lady Karlov.

"For a Journeyman he does seem capable of filling you respectably. Perhaps the Third was correct about him, if not about you."

She walked closer as the guards finished dragging the door closed. The chamber felt cramped with her power.

"Esteemed Mage," Lady Karlov said. "I know not your business, but I am still working to satisfy the Third's hopes. If you have other --"

The Mage twitched her hand slightly and Leo quickly shut his eyes against the unbearable brightness. There was a metallic screech and a crash, and Leo flinched.

When he opened them again, Lady Karlov's manacle was broken in two pieces, the seam glowing white-hot. Lady Karlov's leg underneath was pallid and crusted with old blood, and beginning to redden with burns from the sudden intense heat. But she made no sound.

"Go ahead then," the Mage said. "Show me your strength with Force. Perhaps you can overthrow me, even if the Third was beyond you."

Lady Karlov shook her head slowly. "I have not yet recreated the channels of Force that opened briefly that once."

"No," the Mage agreed. "Such flukes do occur, and sometimes they remain flukes. That is why the Third has blessed my, what did you call it? My business with you." She smiled, and it wasn't a pleasant smile.

"All know well your mastery," Lady Karlov said carefully. "I have much to learn, and am in no position to refuse anything you might ask of me."

"You do have much to learn," the Mage agreed, stepping closer. "And I am not the one to teach you. Can you stand, or must I make your Consort hold you up?"

Neither of them even looked at him. Lady Karlov grimaced, got her legs underneath her, and carefully stood up. Now the Mage circled her, nodding slightly, muttering to herself.

"Perhaps you think much of yourself, after that amateur performance that so dazzled your audience. You do have promise, Melina, but it is a long road to mastery, and I doubt now you'll finish that journey. I think you know what I'm interested in, and your cooperation would make this easier."

Lady Karlov didn't respond. Leo could see her trembling slightly, and his muscles tensed, as though he could do anything. Why did he feel the urge to protect her? She wasn't his Lady.

"Maybe you think I'm as baffled as the rest of them. Some idiots have been talking about an entirely new channel of magic. As if you're a Mage from the storybooks, knowing forgotten lore. But we know differently, don't we? There is fire inside everything, if only you can grasp it. I have sometimes thought I could feel it in the air. And now you've shown me it's possible. You will demonstrate, now."

Lady Karlov nodded weakly, and the older Mage looked satisfied. But Leo saw the signs on the Lady's face. She was not truly cooperating with this dangerous Fire Mage. She closed her eyes, moved her hands, and Leo felt his Seed suddenly lurch for her.

The Mage moved quickly, grabbing her hand. "Oh no you don't, child. You think to pour out your power in waste, as though you'd fool me. I suppose we'll do this the hard way, then."

The Lady shook her head rapidly, but then the Mage was behind her, arms grasped around her middle. The Mage's power surged, and Leo gasped, his manhood growing quickly erect in reaction.

Lady Karlov seemed trying to fight whatever the Mage was doing, but it was clearly no use. The Lady's clothes began to smoke, and the ripped rags fell off her one by one, leaving the Mage holding her naked body in a tight embrace. One hand snaked along her arm, and Lady Karlov cried out, body shaking. The air shimmered around the pair, and now smoke came from the Mage's clothes as well, as small flames danced along both of their bodies, somehow leaving them unharmed.

"SHOW ME," the Mage commanded in a rasping voice. Lady Karlov's eyes had rolled back in her head, and suddenly a small spark lit the air beside them.

"AGAIN."

There were more sparks, harmless little things of the type the Lady showed him during their coupling. Less than that, truly. The Lady's hair floated like a halo around her head, and tears trickled down her cheeks.

"Consort! Come and do your duty for her this instant."

He was frozen, and for a moment he considered refusing. And then his chest burned with unbearable pain, as if his lungs were on fire. He could do nothing against it, and the instant it stopped he found himself rising to his feet, coughing, rushing to Lady Karlov. The air around them parted, the incredible heat held back from him.

"This instant, boy," the Mage growled.

The Lady would hate him for it. But he couldn't bear the pain again. This devil of a Mage would burn him to a crisp from the inside, and not feel the slightest compunction.

He dropped his breeches. Lady Karlov was tall, but not tall enough for this to be easy. And she wouldn't be the slightest bit ready. Yet whatever hurt he did her, surely that was far less than she was already suffering. It would be over sooner, if he joined with her. He had to hold onto that.

His tip found her slit, and it turned out she was dripping with readiness. Because this was Lady Karlov after all, and she was enveloped in power. Squeezing his eyes shut, he entered her, hands holding her hips and leaning back from the deadly Mage. The Lady's talent grabbed desperately for him.

And his Seed answered. Lightning sparked between them, then was gone. For a moment he felt as though he was an ember, lifted on an immense pyre, buffeted by their combined power. The lightning flashed behind his eyelids, crackling booms echoing in the stone of the room.

When the deed was done he staggered away, unable to look. And then it was quiet.

There was an exhalation, and then a horrible soft thump. The now-naked Mage stood dispassionately above the Lady's body, apparently lost in thought. Then she yelled for the guards. She walked out without a backward glance.

The instant the Mage left the room, he dashed over. The Lady was crumpled on her side, but she was breathing. When he cupped her cheek in his hands, she roused, jerking away.

"Don't touch me," she croaked. "I'm not Anya."

The words stung, as she'd meant. Leo settled against the opposite wall, closed his eyes, and tried to remember the smell of his Lady's hair.

An hour later, servants came to take him away. Lady Karlov hadn't moved at all.

#

Anya unclenched her fists one more time, smoothing out the shirt. It was Melina's, of course, because she had nothing near fine enough to wear to the Castle. But Melina was so much slimmer, especially across the bosom. The servants who'd taken her to wait at this door had worn well-fitting, sober outfits. She was convinced the gossip had already circled the Castle, of the stupid country girl who had the temerity to come here demanding things, and didn't even have proper clothes.

"Enter," a voice called. A man. Not the one she'd come to see.

Nervously, she pushed open the door. It was a small waiting chamber, dominated by a large, exceptionally handsome man dressed as a servant. He faced the side door with a neutral expression, and so she followed suit.

The Countess came in wearing barely anything at all. Anya could easily see her breasts through the filmy material. It shimmered and caught the light in an odd, captivating way. Anya had never seen anything like it, and she couldn't imagine how expensive it must be.

"Sit, sit, my young Lady. Anya Tur, isn't it? Well, I understand we might have some things of mutual interest. A certain Consort."

Anya nodded. Her stomach churned nervously, and she felt the absence of her power like a wound. Tomas might not be good for much, but he was consistent, and she had taken everything she could from him, until she'd gotten this appointment. It was far too dangerous to come to this place with even her glimmering of talent. So she'd wrung it all back out, everything from Tomas, even what still remained of Grigory. All except Leo's Seed, too precious to use, hidden deep inside.

"Esteemed Countess, I am grateful for this audience. I must apologize for my unfamiliarity with polite protocols, so instead I will try not to waste your time. My Journeyman, Leo Oakborn, has been taken from me, despite my clear Contract. I do not ask you to intercede, but I would nonetheless ask for anything you might provide in your wisdom. Even simple advice for my next step, as I keep running against bureaucratic walls. I know I have little of substance to offer you, but I do have some weak talents, and if there is something I can reasonably do, now or in the future, I would surely repay you for your time."

The Countess smiled delightedly, and Anya had a bad feeling.

"I'm curious," the Countess said. "The Mages tell me he's pretty much worthless for their purposes. But he's a fine young man. Was he your first fuck? I wish I'd had someone like him, such a nice cock, such skilled fingers and tongue. I'm not surprised you want him back. Skies, he gave me more orgasms than my husband has in the past year."

Anya's mouth fell open. The casual vulgarity, the -- cruelty. She'd made a mistake coming here, but she couldn't give up, even if it meant accepting this abuse.

"I know his Contract is of low value," she said. "But it is the best I could have hoped for, nonetheless. The Mages here are used to a different class of Consort, I am sure, but to a poor talent like me, he is nonetheless valuable. And it is not right that they should effectively void his Contract, without even a negotiation."

"True," the Countess agreed. "I made the same point in somewhat less eloquent fashion, when they practically hauled me off of his manhood. But my enquiries have met silence, I'm afraid. My power seems to have its limits when it comes to the High Mages. Still, I'm glad you reached out to me. It turns out there's an even more useless Journeyman among Leo's peers, and everyone is frankly glad to be rid of him. I look forward to the well-advertised skills of Journeyman Tomas. I hope you weren't too attached to him."

1...345678