All Comments on 'Magic Carpet'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice

I enjoyed this story, and wish you had continued on to Alsace with additional chapter(s). I have known a few people from UK in my life, and enjoy your writing style here. I also appreciate the details on the cars. I have a friend who owns a 1948 Anglia. The car now has a supercharged 540 cubic inch Chevy engine.

I wish you well,

tbirdracer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A good story. I liked the premise and the characters were interesting. I'm in the states and it was hard to follow the travels of the couple. I had to read the descriptions again to get the understanding of the locations. I still liked the story and your writing style. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed this

You really took me back in time. My dad had a ford van we went on holidays in and I well remember the vacuum wipers that slowed down on accelleration and speeded up on coasting. Also, I have a 1946 Wolseley 12 and a 1954 Commer Breakdown lorry that I used fo pull my Porsch out of a snowdrift, so apart from being a hot story, I really enjoyed the memories.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

Stories from oggbashan are the literary comfort food of Literotica. That's not a bad thing at all.

blue66blue66about 4 years ago

Loved the story and locations.

Sadly the Salisbury youth hostel has closed.

It reminds dead me of my youth as I did a lot of youth hosteling including Salisbury.

I also owned a 1938 rover 16 which scared me silly as the brakes and handling plus the free wheel feature took a lot of getting used to.

I have lived in Salisbury for the past 45 years and in many ways would still be of interest to our foreign visitors.

Thanks for bringing back to mind many lovely times from my youth

Crusader235Crusader235about 4 years ago

Cream tea, here I'm thinking your using a flavored fancy cream in your tea, so I googled it. Nope you brits fooled me again, it's cream cheese on your scones, and not in your tea. Had a laugh out of that. Wonderful story that I connected with. Many times I just get in my car and go for a ride having no destination in mind, Magic carpet indeed. Five stars, and thank you for it.

BigHornyMeBigHornyMeabout 4 years ago
Beautiful

What a beautiful story, lovely and romantic. If you can, please continue this line with another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another great one!

I too love your stories. I agree with a previous commenter: literotica’s comfort food. I’m a New England Yankee who’s never been to the UK, but you transport me to another place and time, and I always enjoy myself there!

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

gbcajbgbcajbabout 4 years ago

The talk of the old Anglia took me back to my youth, riding in my brothers old Anglia ute with side valve motor and non syncromesh gearbox, ah the memories. Even the Oxford had close family ties as my oldest brother had a Morris Major series one while my father drove a series two. The story was a wonderful excursion into an England I will never see except through others tales, thank you!

BaerchenBussiBaerchenBussi6 months ago

Angelique and Joffrey :-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...

SIMILAR Stories