Magical Enchantment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I sit up and look at him with more confidence than I feel. "I need you to trust me for two seconds."

He doesn't trust me. I see that in his eyes. But he's not yelling. Yet.

I can't help it. I crawl across the bed and ignore that he is leaning so far back that his back is against the wall. I place a hand on each side of his face and feel a short relief once I touch him. This feels too good. His body relaxes a fraction.

"I'm going to send you to Leo and Jake and they're going to get you home."

His eyes are watching my lips but I don't know if he's comprehending. I feel his face get closer to mine and it is my turn to retreat.

"Do you understand?" I pull his face up so he can look at me. His eyes are beautiful. I feel lost looking into them. He licks his lips and I find it hard to focus. The blood in my veins pumps so hard and loud that I swear I can hear it. It's also pumping straight to the wrong places.

"You're eyes, they're purple." He notes in wonder.

I shake my head and find the strength to do the quick spell.

In a flash, he is gone.

******

[Chase]

I'm doing that thing again.

The thing that he had us doing last night. Except this time, I have my eyes open and there are no distracting kisses. One second, I'm in his room and the next I am traveling-I guess- through space. It feels like I'm traveling through static. And then I am suddenly in front of Jake, who is only wearing pajama pants. He looks cautious and doesn't say anything.

Leo is behind him next to their bed. The room is bigger than my own dorm and they only have one bed. The walls are black, which is another interesting choice. Do they all get to choose how to design their rooms? Do they all go to the same school? The lights above us are actual candles floating.

"Chase?" Jake interrupts my snooping.

"What is going on, man?" I am taking this a lot better than I would imagine. I mean, I'm still freaking out but not completely. I want answers but I am also ok with not knowing. The one thing I don't want to discuss is last night and yet the only thing I am curious about is him.

The guy I slept next to.

"I think I can help." Leo walks closer to me, cautiously. "I'm going to get you back to your dorm and then I'll help you forget any of this happened."

My eyebrows pull in confusion. Forget? Do I want to forget? It is one thing to ignore what happened yesterday but another to actually forget about it. From his tone I know he's serious. This is my ticket out if I want it.

So, why am I hesitating?

"Can you just explain what is going on first?" I don't want to ask but I do. "Who was he?"

"Everette," Jake says. He crosses his arms the way he usually does at practice when he's tired but doesn't want to show it. "He is a warlock."

I chuckle. I mean, I guessed as much. But this can't be real. I laugh a little louder. They look at each other and I finally stop. "Okay, I think I'm ready to go home."

Leo throws on some shoes and Jake puts on a shirt.

"But I don't want to forget." Whatever that means, I don't want it. I want to remember. Unfortunately, I want to remember it all. The kiss, the space-traveling, the purple glow in his eyes. Even his fucking name. I don't know why, but I do. Even if I just put it in a box in the corner of my memories and never open it again, I want it there.

***

It is Monday morning and I am already dreading the day.

Not just because it is a Monday but because I am slowly losing my shit. It has only been two days but it feels like it has been thirty. The moment he touched me it changed everything for me and I hate him for it. I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't even work out in peace. This weekend was spent in my dorm room trying to figure out what the fuck I was going to do. I avoided talking to Iris as much as I could but I would have to see her this afternoon.

I've gotten over the fact that Jake's fuck buddy is a warlock too. He has tried texting me a couple of times but I have had to ignore it. In order to get on with my life and put it all in the past, I need to stop thinking about it. But we did travel in time. He did kiss me and the way I felt when he touched me was surreal. The past two nights have been agonizing. It's like I'm back to being a teenage boy ready to hump anything with legs.

Which then makes me question things about myself that I don't know if I'm ready to answer. I've never looked at other guys the way I look at girls. I've never wondered what it would be like to kiss one or hold one. And now I can't picture myself doing anything with anyone but him...Everette. My heart stutters when I even think of his name. I make some dumb excuse to skip out on practice today, not ready to see Jake yet. I don't want to have to answer any more questions from myself or others.

For now, I just pretend that nothing is wrong. That everything is normal. That I am fine.

Classes are a blur, and the conversations I have are all pointless. Was it really only three days ago that I was walking around this campus thinking I was hot shit?

My feet drag as I walk to the library. I thought he would have reached out by now. The one person who I never wanted to see again and who would probably be the only one to give me peace again. I groan and push the doors open. He did something to me. And I want him to take it back, whatever he did I want him to undo. I want my old mind back. I want my thoughts to revolve around something else for a change. If this is only one weekend, I can't imagine the next couple of months. I can't see him again.

Deep inside that thought frightens me.

Iris is sitting at our usual spot in the back. She's looking down at her notebook. Her black wavy hair is up in a ponytail and her glasses are almost to the bridge of her nose. I plaster a smile on my face and sit across from her. I need to make this quick and go back to my room. Sitting in the dark has helped ground me somewhat.

She looks up and tries not to smile. "I'm mad at you." Her round face and pouty lips usually pull at the alpha side of me but I don't feel much anymore. I ignore that and bring her hand to my lips.

"I'm sorry." I kiss her palm. This feels right. It feels familiar. I like Iris. We've been dating for almost four months now and I thought we were even close to dropping the L word. My heart falters when I imagine having to be with her for the rest of my life.

It feels suffocating. Wait no, it feels right. Right?

"How sorry?" She's doing a terrible job at keeping a straight face.

"What do you want? I will give you anything if you forgive me." It feels like I'm acting. Like I am up on stage and I am saying my lines correctly. It has never felt like this between us.

"Chase." My body stiffens. I turn away from Iris and look at the figure standing next to us. He's here. Standing right there next to us. My heart stumbles. He's wearing an earthy green cloak, resembling moss. His arms are crossed. It does nothing to hide his biceps.

"Chase?" Iris tugs her hand out of mine. "What are you looking at?"

He is looking down at me. His lips are turned down and I can't tear my eyes away.

"She can't see me." His tone is serious. It takes me a second to process what he says.

I turn back to look at her and smile. "Sorry, I've been in and out of it all day. I think I'm coming down with something." I lick my dry lips and try not to look at him again. "I'm not even going to be able to make it to practice."

"Chase, I need to talk to you. In private." He calls for my attention again.

Every time he says my name my heart does a weird flip. He needs to stop. I shake my head slightly, hoping he understands.

"Do you need me to take care of you?" Her tone is suggestive. In the past, we would run out of here and have sex for hours. Now, though, I am almost annoyed. I try not to show it. There is nothing she can do to make me feel better.

Oh, fuck I'm really losing it.

I see him look at her and his stance changes. "You have five seconds to come with me or I'll turn her into a rat."

My eyes widen at the threat and I get up. Iris looks confused and tries to stand as well.

"Where are you going?"

I lean down and kiss her deeply. I need to snap out of it. It feels like I'm kissing a dead fish. I almost gag. There is definitely something wrong with me. I feel my shirt getting tugged in the back of my neck and pull away from the kiss to look at her.

"I'll text you later."

******

[Everette]

Jealousy is an ugly bitch.

I've never really had to endure being jealous. I am an only child. Any crushes I ever had never turned into anything more because I was self-conscious about being able to communicate with spirits. So, I was always in the background watching others. I knew I would never have a chance to date the girls I actually liked, so there were never any hard feelings. I've seen jealousy displayed many times in books, movies, and the real world but never experienced it myself.

Not a fan.

"Slow down," Chase says behind me. I want to toss him across the schoolyard. But he is the innocent one here. He doesn't know what is going on.

"Should we go back to your place or do you want to do it here?" I stop abruptly and he almost runs into me.

"What are you talking about?"

I grab his shoulders and we're back at his place. I'd never been here before but I hoped that he would be thinking about his dorm and I could use that to guide us here. Another neat trick I picked up since I've been studying, or at least attempting to. Studying has been futile lately. His roommate is not around so I remove the invisibility cloak.

"I'll make this quick." I turn to him. He's standing near the door and is looking at it. "If you leave, I'll just drag you right back." I don't like the way I am speaking to him but it is the only way.

Seeing him back at the library, sitting with her, took the air out of my lungs. The spirits are right. We are not meant to be together. I am to forget him and have him forget me. It is just too cruel. To think that I finally found my soulmate only to have our future snatched away before we even realized it. He is to go back to his normal life and I am to keep training to become a Star Dust member. There was no chance for me to provide an alternative outcome. They made all of the decisions without my input. When I was to see him again, how I should remove his memories, how I would have to remove my own. That is the worst of all of it all. I have finally found my soulmate only to forget him.

Being in the same room as him feels suffocating and blissful all at once. The turmoil within me is asking for relief. I need to be rid of him. But why am I finally able to breathe once I lay eyes on him? Why does everything feel right when I am with him? I can't afford to ask these questions. The spirits are watching and I am supposed to carry out their plan. He won't even miss me. He will have the girl in the library. Their kiss replays in my mind and I feel the bile trying to make its way up my throat. If only I had a girl. Or even a boy. I never leaned toward guys but I am not opposed to it now. Not that it matters now.

My heart plummets and I clear my throat.

His hand goes to his heart and he looks at me confused. "What is going on?"

"I'm going to erase any memory of me you may have." 'May' being the operative word, for all I know he hasn't thought about me once. And if he has it was probably only to think about the predicament I put him in that night.

"Why?"

I didn't expect that. I hoped he would just let things be and let me leave. Doesn't he want to forget? "So that you can go on living your life and I can go on with mine."

He places his hands on his hips, his anger evident. "But why? Why do I have to forget?"

I come up short. I wish the spirits could help me out a little. He's not supposed to be arguing. Why would he not want this?

My heart starts to beat at a quicker pace but I don't know why. Then I remember this is something that happens with soulmates and I rub my face. It is not my heart beating fast, it's his. I am able to feel his heartbeat. Every acceleration, every drop. Like being on a rollercoaster without having any say in it. I don't want this.

"Just let me do what I came to do so we can both go on living our lives separately."

He leans back and cringes at my words.

I walk over to him. I have to look up at him once I am in front of him. "Close your eyes."

"I-" His eyes shut involuntarily. I need to leave now. "Everette." He sounds scared.

I almost ruin everything. All because of my name on his lips. I've never heard it. It is like hearing my name for the first time and knowing it belongs to me because he said it. I almost stop myself from doing this because it all feels wrong. But I have to. His hands come out and land on my chest.

"No. Please."

I ignore his plea and do the spell.

Now he will never remember me.

******

[Chase]

My phone alarm goes off.

I run my fingers against the screen, silencing it. Instead of turning over and falling asleep for five more minutes, like I usually do, I jump out of bed. The dream I had felt too real. I think back to how I got home last night but can't. Crazier things have happened. Todd is still sleeping in his bed across from mine. As quietly as I can, I gather all of my things to shower and change. I don't feel the annoying gloomy feeling I had yesterday. Everything is brighter today. I think it is because of my resolve.

So, what if I like a guy? I can't do anything about it now. I have a beautiful girlfriend who treats me well. I am doing good in all of my classes, I'm on the starting roster this season like I was last season. This semester is not going to be as shitty as I thought. Being my last one, I'm going to make sure I don't fuck it up.

******

[Everette]

I expect my heart to explode.

Every second that I am away from him eats at my insides. It's almost like I've been living my life on autopilot and as soon as I laid eyes on him everything started moving at high speed. I'm the pilot trying to stop this airplane from diving head-first into the ground. My ancestors are with me at the moment. I clear my throat and sit down once I'm back in my room. The cold hard ground chills me to my core. I rub a hand over my heart. I can still feel him. I thought once I erased his memory it would break all connections that I have to him. This makes me breathe in peace. But only for so long.

'You must do what has been destined for you, boy.'

I hang my head. I don't want to. I don't want to forget him.

'It's for the best, son.'

The energy emanating from my shoulders rolls away to land all over my room. The floor begins to shake and I try to get a hold of myself. I have to do as they say. I can't move on if he is still in my mind.

Whether I'm ready or not, they are not going to budge on this.

******

[Chase]

The coach blows on his whistle and we all fall to the ground.

Holy shit, I try to catch my breathing. There is no way I'm so out of shape. I know I've been neglecting running but that's only because I can't help but wonder about him. What he's doing, where he is, when I am going to see him again. I roll over and take my helmet off. No, I'm not going to see him again. The sweat is pouring down my face, I feel the blood pulsing in my cheeks and my heart is beating a million miles per hour. Why does it have to be so hot?

Jake comes to my side and sticks his hand out.

We walk back to the locker room in silence like we have been the last four days. It's Friday and a group of us usually get together after practice to start off the weekend on a high. Last time I hung out with Jake though I was assaulted by some drunk idiot who kissed me and took me to his room in the blink of an eye.

What is that idiot doing right now?

I clear my throat. "Hey, what are you up to tonight?"

If he says he's hanging out with the same group of friends from last week I think I won't be able to stay away. I look away from his face to hide my eagerness.

"Probably just hanging with Leo." He wipes the sweat off his forehead and tosses the helmet on the bench once we get inside. "How is Iris?" He opens his locker.

I frown and turn to my own locker. I've pretty much blown her off these last couple of days. It just hasn't felt right. Her touch and her kisses don't feel like they once did. Even if I'm sitting right next to her, I feel miles away. Any time I am with her my heart feels out of place. Being around her is so uncomfortable, I pretty much avoid it when I can.

"She's fine." I grab my towel and finally spit it out. "Can we grab a drink after we get out of here? I'm sure Leo won't mind if you spend time with a friend."

He doesn't respond as soon as I expect him to so I look at him. He looks the same way I look when Iris wants to make out.

"As friends," I repeat. Why does he look like that?

"I don't know. Leo had plans for us."

"I really need to talk man." Jake and I have never been close friends but none of my friends would understand what I'm going through. Jake slept with half of the sorority girls on campus before he finally settled down with Leo. And how can I explain to someone that the person I can't stop thinking about has magical powers? I won't make myself look like a crazy person when I know what I saw. He is the only guy who would understand.

He sighs and squeezes my shoulder. "Just one drink."

***

I'm five drinks in.

Jake and I have been shooting the shit the whole time. Talking about classes and football and the most recent game we've seen. It feels good to have something to take my mind off he-who-shall-not-be-named. But the more I drink the harder it is to keep his image in the corners of my mind. After about an hour after we start drinking Leo joins us since it's clear that Jake will not be done soon. The more Jake drinks the less he tries to hide his wandering hand that is glued to Leo's dick.

"All right, I guess this is my cue." I try to stand but my feet give out. I sit back down instead and stare at both of them. They're looking into each other's eyes, the heat coming from them should be enough to turn this place into ashes. Leo's eyes start to turn a bright gold color and I snap back to reality.

No matter how normal he may act, he is still one of them. It isn't all in my head. This is real. I miss him. Ugh, I miss him. It is so annoying. I lean my head on my hands. "Everette's eyes turn purple when he gets like that."

Leo's head snaps in my direction. Jake is slower to look away from him.

"What did you say?"

I sit up straight and wish they would go back to kissing. I didn't know I had spoken my thoughts out loud.

"Did you just say, Everette?" Jake looks serious as well.

I shrug my shoulders and lean back against the chair. Crossing my arms, I keep my mouth shut. Why are they being weird?

"He shouldn't be able to remember his name. Or even his eyes for that matter." Jake gives Leo a pointed look and Leo takes out his phone.

My mind tries to keep up with their conversation but they are talking in whispers now. "Secrets don't make friends, or whatever the saying is." I lean into the table to listen to what is transpiring between them.

Leo is typing away at his phone and Jake keeps talking about remembering things and not remembering things when he went through it.

"Chase, you know who Everette is?" Jake is careful.

My teeth grind on their own accord and a nod once. "Yeah, I know that little fucker." I point to my temple. "He's been living here rent-free since the first time I saw him." I chuckle at my own joke. I stop when I don't see them joining in.

"Maybe he did it wrong." Jake is talking to Leo but he's still looking at me.

Whatever. I get up and put some money on the table. "This should cover my portion."