All Comments on 'Maize'

by ThatNewGuy

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
ChopinesqueChopinesque7 months ago

Stunningly good. This oughtta win something!

bruce1971bruce19717 months ago

Damn, dude. REALLY nicely done! Seriously atmospheric, with a great eye for giving enough detail without overwhelming the reader. Especially liked how you dealt with Andy's state of mind. Is he suffering from PTSD? A supernatural tormenter? Some combination of the two? You keep the reader guessing, and driven to find the answer. Thanks for sharing this!

slowhand21slowhand217 months ago

Awesome story. Thought for sure it would end in tears.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode667 months ago

THa story was amazing! I am stunned by the quality of your writing. I agree with the person who said you should win an award! 5 big stars!!!!!

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Starts out chilling, moves inexorably into deepening dread, then bursts into light. Brilliant writing.

e5jerseye5jersey7 months ago

Fantastic! An easy 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Okay, this I liked a lot :) .

Hope you do well in the contest

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The way you ratchet up the tension is marvelous.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

Very nicely told...

...5 stars !

BelleCanzutoBelleCanzuto7 months ago

I really enjoyed this. The story and the plot were clear and just tense enough to make it feel like a real horror story. The characters seem like real people. I'm really glad I read this, and I hope you do well in the contest.

elizalooelizaloo7 months ago

Once I reached the part about the Palm Reader, I think I finished this story in less than a minute.....On the edge of my seat!

Oh my goodness do you write a horror story to rival the big names, and that is not frivolous commentary. I grew up reading all those books, and magazines, then checking under my bed and in the closet for monsters. Your stories are right at home with all the Creepy tales. Well paced and a great storyline!

5*s and the best of luck with the contest.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire7 months ago

Great Halloween-themed tale, with a good sense of foreboding followed by building suspense and an excellent resolution. I liked how the scare at age eight followed him through the rest of the story but turned out to be different than what he feared. Very well done. 5* and best wishes in the contest.

KnightofmindKnightofmind7 months ago

This was pretty dang great! Great characterization, great pacing, a good blend of romance and suspense and a nice 'Steven King' kind of horror.

Would make a good film!

secretsalsecretsal7 months ago

Masterfully done. Had a bit of a Stephen King vibe, with the small-town setting, demonic bullies and unfathomable dread. Writing chops aren't too far off, either.

BazzleBazzle7 months ago

Very dark,.impressively done!

Bebop3Bebop37 months ago

That was an excellent story. Truly. I'd happily pay money for this quality.

Sadly, now I have to wait to read your next effort. Do me a favor? Write quickly.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun7 months ago

Beautifully written. You truly are a wordsmith. Well done!

ImagineDinosaursImagineDinosaurs7 months ago

The story, as I would expect from ThatNewGuy, is head and shoulders above the typical Literotica fare. I enjoy your writing the best, when it feels spontaneous - I have in mind the episode in the maze - the fight with the demon and the horror of the environment feel very genuine. There I stopped being a critical reader and got really involved. For me that carried the story. The episodes preceding that - the fight in an apple orchard, the visit to a palm reader, the sex scene - those all feel a bit constructed, a bit TV series like. It might be not a bad thing. Adults reading stories are like children listening to fairy tales - they like recognizable bits and predictable patterns. The gentleman fighting for lady's honor or the clairvoyant having a real insight - tropes like that are standard building bricks of many stories. I wish there were a bit more of personal touch in them, a bit more of authentic detail in those scenes. I wish the author would sometimes tell the story as if he were a crime witness talking to police. Telling details and events that only he could see, that do not originate from and are not limited by the storytelling lore. I am quite sure that ThatNewGuy has the talent to wove in such details in his texts. Well, on the other hand, that might be just my personal taste.

To sum it up: good story and a pleasant feeling after reading it. I imagine that the author had a lot of dun writing it. In the end - that matters the most.

BlissMaraBlissMara7 months ago

Speedreading from the edge of my seat! All of the very best elements of a horror story, so very well written and paced, wrapping the reader tightly in the spiraling threads of horror and dread with each tight sentence. So happy you dropped a new story, and, as always, looking forward to your next one!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass7 months ago

This one has to be a contest winner! From beginning to end, I wasn't sure where the plot was going, but I had to keep reading to find out. Great writing and suspenseful. Five stars worth. Good luck in the contest.

PlanetaryNebulaPlanetaryNebula7 months ago

Such a haunting feel. As a reader I was filled with a sense of dread but could not put it down. . This is a magnificent piece of work. Well done

yowseryowser6 months ago

Classically told horror, well paced, vivid, engaging. Way above most Lit standards in the telling, this draws the reader in, reveals just the right level of detail in the settings, moves along with just the right rhythm. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

That rivaled Stephen King! Very good story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

WIW, just WOW!!!!!, TNG is something special. Crafting delightful tales of varying genres at an incredibly high-level of quality and interest.

RobcolesRobcolesabout 1 month ago

Outstanding in every way.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil26 days ago

This story is very good indeed. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Simply put, this one is excellent.

BadbeagleBadbeagle7 days ago

Excellent story. Great twist at the end. Could have come from the Twilight zone the way you developed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 hours ago

Unique. Great story. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThatNewGuy@ThatNewGuy
March 13, 2024 My first romance story, Full Circle, has been posted. One of the things I enjoy about Literotica is the chance to explore writing in a variety of genres. I had fun writing this story, and I hope you have fun reading it. Thank you for your support and encourag...

SIMILAR Stories