All Comments on 'Making an Honest Woman Ch. 03'

by wendylicker

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments (Page 2)
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Comments

@cpete - If they are, indeed, getting a divorce, then who fucks whom is nobody's business, "little spies" or not!

@DrakenNoir - Same thing! "Faithful to her 'ex-husband'? What does that even mean? Assuming that they do get a divorce, her celibacy or lack thereof is if no concern to him!"

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
I suspect you didn't really mean 'concerned', SB ?

Your comment: "Assuming that they do get a divorce, her celibacy or lack thereof is if no concern to him!"

Many of those I have met are very 'concerned'. (The ex-wives express it more openly, but the ex-husbands make it obvious in other ways, including stalking the ex.)

Clearly they have no legal rights, but concern is different. "There he/she is, happy, leaving me unhappy."

(Words, SB. Words are very important in human relationships. Even more so in ex-relationships.)

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
gender of wendylicker

Amusing to me is luedon wanting author to post a score from some vague test. Namers and some authors denigrate anons routinely. Yet numerous namers bios contain no written bio and leave default - no answer, none - responses as to gender, height, etc.

If wendylicker wanted anyone to know wendylickers gender, wendylicker would have informed one and all.

True a female could select male.

Even the name wendylicker is an enigma as to gender.

Quite clever, I thought as some people do make assumptions.

This story was not the best ''first story'' nor was it the worst. The author should take pride in knowing the great interest this story created.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "gender of wendylicker"

While you are correct that named commenters are no more or less anonymous than "Anonymous" commenters, but you forget the other reason for id's - Dialog! If I want to reply to a comment made by a named commenter, I can simply use their name. If it's one of half a dozen or more anons, it's more complicated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Long

Far too long.The counselling adds nothing but bulk and where does the money for all these on top of P.I fees come from.He is a bog standard college professor not Bill Gates.Also the mother with school age children does not leave the marital home.

billtheduckbilltheduckabout 6 years ago
good story

A nuanced treatment of a decent man coping with a suddenly shattered marriage. My only caveat is the lying of the cheating wife. It borders on pathological. Here he is in bed giving her a pardon for all past infidelities if only she'll admit them, and STILL she lies to him. And it was her undoing. I would have been interested in having them explore with the therapist the lying and the wife's suicidal risk taking, but that's a quibble (or a 4th chapter).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Boring

Far too long and bland with a vague ending.Some information aboutwhat happened to Ellen's lover and his marriage might have boosted a crap story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
3* Dull Story bordering on Cuck krap

Long Story is a repeating psychological mish mash of how the dull intellectual husband being upset, but he never vents which is unrealistic. He doesnt even confront her lovers, which makes him a coward. No wonder wife looks for excitement elsewhere, but then again she is a lying, cheating, sociopathic slut who fucks her customers which makes a her a whore.

For more excitement, read National Geographic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ending

By the vague ending they are getting divorced, so how can she live in his allocated flat on campus?

ohhfineohhfinealmost 6 years ago
Well done

Well done Wendy

sexydad50sexydad50almost 6 years ago
I like this story

I don’t know how this is going to end.

Hoping it won’t turn into a BTB, but some other way. Reconciliation?

How?

I enjoy your writing, hope for more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Exvcellent 5*

His primary aim should be to get out of infidelity. The next step is to decide to divorce or reconcile.

At this point he is still living in infidelity as he believes her still capable of cheating once more. Until he is certain that this will not happen he should continue with the divorce as that is his only guarantee. Even then if he becomes near certain that she will not cheat again he still has the option of divorce as that is his prerogative being the betrayed spouse. This could happen even if they start reconciliation. He will always have that right in my opinion if he cannot live with the memories.

You will have to use all your powers to show that she is truly remorseful and worthy of the gift of reconciliation. I would actually enjoy you succeeding as few, if any, writers are capable of doing this.

You write well, so you stand a chance!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
#3 For Anti-Man Pyscho Babble and....

for not calling Ellen (the lying, cheating, slut) what she really is: A Sociopathic Whore. As a writer, you are way too nice. Maybe you can write the screenplay for Frozen 2.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 6 years ago
Psycho Babel in the place of Moral Standards

I hope our society gets past blaming our immoral behavior upon some syndrome. She cheated because she could and wanted her nasty illicit fun on the side. No psycho babel excuses needed.

DrakenNoirDrakenNoiralmost 6 years ago
reply to Sbrooks103d. Ref - comments

Sorry I wasn't clear about the wife's post divorce faithfulness. Normally I would agree 100% with your statement. In this case I was referring to her statement about moving into the apartment on campus. She tells her husband that she is going to win him back. So with that in mind I made the statement about being faithful. She wasn't going to win him back of she continued in her old ways.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Again

Read this again all the way through. It's been dissected enough, I will just say that it's one of the best I've read in LW. Please write again soon Wendy.

timeandtidetimeandtideover 5 years ago
a five star favourite for me

Some of the best dialogue I've read on here. Still gonna nitpick, and for that very reason. Dave says to Dan that he still can't understand why he cheated and doubts that Ellen would either. Umm it just might be the excitement Dave, the illicit naughtiness. The having your cake and eating it too. Being a poor quality spouse and weak with it. Big big ol risk if the marriage means so much to your life. Being so ignorant and poor of mind that you only realise the damage and fallout amongst the tears.

266xxyz266xxyzover 5 years ago
Good story!

I met a woman who was in the process of getting a divorce tho I didn't know it at the time. She was pretty good looking and very enthusiastic sexually. She got a big settlement. She then went to a plastic surgeon, got a great set of tits and some nios and tucks and emerged quite a stunning red head. Moved in with me. 9 Yrs later I married her. One day after almost 2 yrs she took me to bed and gave me memorable piece of ass. Later she said she was going to go see a mutual lady friend. She didn't come home. After 3 days frantically searching hospitals, jails etc I got a message on my computer in the open that she had moved in with some guy. It was bloody. She didn't get a thing from our marriage but destroyed my 2 businesses and I lost all I had. 6 yrs after that still smarting but rebuilding my life a wild fire came along and wiped me out again but it didn't feel bad...more like taking a shower, I had nothing from my past. Rebuilt once more and the Fairy Godmother came around and as a result of my association with that woman I was suddenly infinintly better off. Funny how that works. Now 28 yrs later and doing great, I still look at the obits in the local newspaper hoping to see her name.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Story not real

I have to keep telling myself that

She keeps getting mad when held accountable most people would or do

He keeps giving openings but she almost admitted to a lot more

Take the house and kids and move on

Writing hints she is a lot worse whether on purpose to paint her one way or another or simply author keeps changing mind?

Overall I wish keep one way going

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This part is...

a veritable fiesta of psychobabble. In response to the wife's "It was me, but it really wasn't me" excuse for her affairs, we get this risible response from the counselor:

"She cleared her throat. "I would say that this sort of behavior is probably a symptom, the result of your wife's attempt to deal with a problem that she couldn't fully recognize or understand, because its origin and causes are hidden from her. I would counsel you that the fact that she has a problem does not necessarily mean that your marriage is unsound, and that, in fact, she has insisted to me, and I believe her, that she loves you very much."

The second counselor is also almost a parody.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

So how many affairs has she had? He needs to man up and ditch her.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
And the hits just keep on coming.

Phew! I suppose this is how an academic is suppose to behave in this type of situation. The author, windylicker has done a fabulous job writing dialogue between all the character here.

I was enjoying this story so much I went to see what other stories they may have written and this is the only one. That's really a shame because this writer would be a great addition here at literotica as a regular contributing author. 5 stars.

jmmj5jmmj5over 3 years ago

I agree with danoctober.

Windylicker is a great story teller, and I'm enjoying this story. There are things about this story that I don't like. There are things I wish the MC would say or scream at his wife, but that's just me.

WL, if you read these comments, I hope you will write more and choose to share it here.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

LOL a pyschobabbler telling him his wife lied to him so he would not get hurt. Like boiling him in oil slowly so he would not feel the pain. Such an awful rationalization.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

so, to recap

/

she has been cheating on him for years

/

every time she is given the opportunity to confess she lies again

/

he works a job that starts after the kids go to school, ends before they get home, and has the same vacation schedule

/

she works a job that is primarily nights and weekends

/

yet he insists she get the house and custody?

/

he wants to leave his kids in the care of a turbo slut incapable of not fucking random men during the very hours she needs to be home caring for the kids?

/

This in next level cuck shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

LOL she did not lie to keep him from being hurt .It never really is that's a rationale for the lying The lying is to escape the consequences.

jflindersjflindersalmost 3 years ago

After the second chapter, I was disgusted with the portrayal of both counsellors, Drake and Anderson.

After the third chapter it is impossible to accept Anderson's unprofessional approach. He needed to feel trust and she wouldn't accept that need and continued over and over trying to make him feel guilty for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems like this series might well be entitled "Making a Woman Honest".

Thank you for the good work, the clear presentation, the thoughtful approach. And thank you for the Epilogue!

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"If you don't want to have sex with me, then I don't see how you can get angry about someone else wanting to."

.

This little rant says it all about Ellen. It WAS all about getting better sex. She was a cheating slut. All the psycho babble in the world can’t refute this simple fact.

.

While on tne one hand it is admirable that he doesn’t want to destroy her….his almost eagerness to continue to deal with her daily — hey Ellen…dinner’s ready! — is pure wimpy surrender.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

“a chance to remember how much better we are together”

So she went from this, to spreading her legs for another man inadequacy months after the divorce? Sounds like you need a different chapter 4 IMO, so much change and so little time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, here we go again...."I know she's not evil, and that she must have some rationale for what she's doing that makes sense to her, but I'm damned if I can figure it out." How very "modern". She's not "evil" because moderns/post-moderns don't believe in evil.This is not to say that some people lack evil impulses. We all have them, but when we act on them, we are "evil". Moreover, the more we cat on those impulses, the worse we are. But in the author's world, people just make mistakes. If you believe that tripe, you don't understand human nature or are simply a nihilist. Then, for a profoundly empty statement, the comment about Ellen having "some rationale" can't be topped. Unless all the adultery took place in a trance, she, of course, had "some rationale". After all, all purposeful action is accompanied by reasons.

Ultimately, we get the psychobabble" version of "De Debil done made me do it.": "It wasn't me. I'm only myself when I'm with you and the children." The "causes" of her slutting are deep, I tell you! Only years of "meaningful conversations" with (preferrably female) counselors can find the "real" reasons for her slutting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The way I feel about the story/wife so far is when she will be on her own, she will fall back to her ways. There is something going on with her. Possibly childhood issues, child abuse, less likely, her mother was a persistent adulterer, possibly, she is just wired that way, possibly. I suppose we will find out.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Saying I am sorry cost absolutely nothing. It is easy, has no downside, and has no consequences. So why is it always used as a way to establish parity. She , and countless other eff around ad nauseum, discovery ensues, and she says sorry, and now we are all ok, all is well and no more issue. Right. The same holds tru for the stupid question better off with or without. What nobody, including such vaunted authors as within these pages, is that he has to live with himself 24/7 the rest of his life. Without at least a bit of self respect, what is left? By the way, Dr Drake needs to be brought up on formal complaint.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

2 stars - you are flogging a dead horse

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It is actually well written. Thr husband is a thinking man. It isn't a RAAC, but just the possibility that it might be has some commenters having a bad allergic reaction. Chill out. They have two kids. He was on the knife's edge of divorcing her even before he learned of the second affair (and probably many more given her "little piece" of the puzzle slip). He was sutibaly pissed off and she appeared to be remorseful. Heck she probably is but she is also a consummate, pathological liar with mental issues. She is trying to atone, moving out so he can live with the girls, but in reality there is no future for them. He noticed something was wrong, got a PI, confronted her, except she lied (as easy as breathing for her by that point), and he moved out. They fought. He spent time with the kids and saw her at dinner. They saw a counselor. She played the counselor also. He got an apartment, saw a divorce attorney, and the two if them went back and forth. They had sex one night, semes to be getting better and he learned of the second affair. What is so wrong in what he did. He is a good father and a good person. The wife appears to actually love him (or thinks she does more likely), but obviously she doesn't respect him by this point and lies easily to get what she wants to scratch her itch. He has now lost all respect for her and will.nevwe trust her again. She is delusional about wining him back. That is on her. Total time has been like what six weeks or so since the confrontation? He used the PI report to burn her last lover. She really doesn't have an emotional connection with these guys because whatever is driving her to chest is not why a woman normally cheats (neglect, not being desired or paid attention, feeling unwanted or unloved) but more like why a man cheats (conquest, "she's hot", need a break from my marriage, fear of getting older). It isn't an excuse. And once he gets more info, he is just done with her. Again well written.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Interesting so far. The one issue I have is, how many men did she have sex with? She sounds like my ex-wife. She was a child abuse victim and could not stop herself getting involved with males and then thought she did little wrong. She divorced me for unreasonable behaviour as I could not handle it. (She and others actually gave me PTSD and the trigger for it was my wife.) I still have love for her but I will never be able to ever live with her again as there is zero trust. She is with someone else now and 'Good Luck To Him.'

bobareenobobareeno6 months ago

Rereading this, I am struck anew by the writer’s perception. People often don’t know what motivates them. To the comment made that the author is "flogging a dead horse,” the is not correct, the author is exploring the ramifications of the betrayal, and the reasons for it, all realistically and with real insight. 5 stars and more if they allowed it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story but cheapened by making her a total narcissistic slut. Keeping it with the one six week affair, whether divorce or reconciliation, would have made for even better reading imho. Of course it is author's story, but as soon as Bonnie comments about what she saw, it becomes much less nuanced and more straightforward. 4 stars. Clearly Ellen has mental issues.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous