All Comments on 'Making an Honest Woman Ch. 04: Epilogue'

by wendylicker

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Jesus Christ! What an absolute waste of time. Time I'll never get back. Author, you have great grammar, but the physco-bullshit was way too much. Cripes!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thank God he didn't end up with that whore!! Honestly what was he thinking even considering it

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ellen just retreated entirely into oblivion. She certainly had mental issues. 3rd chapter on made her out to be the Wicked Witch of the West but with a mental disorder. It was clear she cheated way more than those two times. How long is unclear. Pure speculation. Well written but her full blown psychosis just tipped story from nuance to full divorce tragedy. She cannot seem to ever tell the truth. Nice gesture swapping abodes and letting him have the kids. She wasn't evil just broken somehow. When and how that happened is never explored. Diane showed up way to late in the story. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I actually don't hate on many characters, but his ex wife is a POS habitual liar. She just can't stop doing it. Even when nobody cares, she'll lie. I'm glad she's outta his life though, super toxic person.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Diane came on the scene way too late in the game. If she woulda been dropping her truth bombs back in chapter 2 we wouldn't of had to put up with Ellen's melodrama and lies for so long. The MC needed a woman like this and not the closet narcissist that Ellen turned out to be. Also a way better role model for the kids.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Enjoyed reading Making an Honest Woman though his wife never was an honest woman. From personal experience when you discover your wife is cheating on you...never assume it is the first time or will be the last time. Glad the story ending well for him.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A reasonable ending. I love Diane Sokolov, or how she has been written. I could get on well with her at work and I love a good argument as I am a Health, Safety and Fire Manager with an engineering background, and engineers can be funny persons to those not in the industry.

mariverzmariverz6 months ago

y pensar que me habia perdido de este manjar....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

One of the best stories I've read here. Well ploted. Totally content. No beating around the bush. Great characters. Excellent to the very last word.

EgregiousEgregious6 months ago

Skillfully written story, well thought out plot, kept a steady pace, prolonging the readers interest until the ending. Thanks. Shame you have stopped writing.

vicelordvicelord7 months ago

Fascinating story and one of my favorites. It reminds me a lot of MortonGrange's "Caroline Alone" series. Who knew academics and their love lives could be so complicated?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good ending. Clearly their marriage had problems even before Ellen started cheating. Who knows how long ago that started. Certainly wasn't just the two guys. He was dead on target when he told her to tell the new guy when she is unhappy or feeling trapped. Maybe she stays faithful with the new guy because of therapy. Bit I suspect not. I think she already lost the man she loves and has the split family, and Alyssa and her never had the strong relationship. So she will feel she already got burnt and punished. So when the itch comes back, which it will, she will cheat again. Ironically, if he never learned about the second affair, and they reconciled, I think the terror of having been caught and losing her husband and her family, along with further therapy, would have prevented her from cheating in the future. But now she lost her husband, whom she did love (in her own impaired way), and her relationship with her girls, especially Alyssa, will never be the same. So what is she risking bow with thr new guy. That won't hold her back. Ironic also that only a few months after divorce she finds somebody she thinks coukd be the "one". Didn't take long. Doubtful she waited to date until after the divorce was final, irrespective of her promises to win her husband back. I like Diane. They will be good for each other.

fredbrownfredbrown8 months ago

Afraid I'd be with Ellen yet, I'm way too insecure to take a stand. I could put up with lies and all the other stuff that the stories character couldn't abide - if I can manage to hold on to the life I am living, or at least the life I am sharing with her and her outside adventures. Ellen came back every time and as far as I know she didn't wear "IT" out with her extracurricular activity.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written. Some deep emotional pathos. I like Diane. Ironic how Elken goes to therapy and says she will tell to get him back to reap the "new" her, but within a few months of the divorce falls in love with another guy. Their marriage has issues before the cheating. And Ellen had personal issues to work out. If she was really dead set on atonement, you do it even when you think you have little chance of reconciliation. Right up until he remarried. Obviously her words were an exaggeration.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You are a fantastic writer, heads and shoulders above most of the good ones on this venue.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Man this story was 4 parts and ended up being a true nothing burger.

pugg6963pugg6963about 1 year ago

Kind of a quick resolution to a very long set up.....and what the hell happened to Ellen. She needs a little more pain.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - finally the ending and a resounding 'YES' - he was better off without the SLUT

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

I found it interesting and somewhat obvious that the cheater had a deficit in interest about his work... She never tried. Also when he asked for the truth, she puffed up and got defensive...then lied thru her teeth. He never looked down on her and didn't give up. I also was glad that the writer, when they finished the story did not dwell on the cheaters next affair. Not presumptive on my part as the cheater picked a younger handsome lawyer for one of he cheating partners. So it is doubtful she cheated because her husband was smarter. She was and was still a self adsorbed attention whore. Liked the story and thanks for sharing.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I quite like this story. which seems to be honestly told. It would have been interesting to see if Ellen ever found out why she lives a double compartmented life and how many other men she had an affair with. I don't think Dan would ever have trusted Ellen again if she could not find out about her underlying issues. In a strange way Ellen seemed to have the same mindset of prostitutes. I read an article that said if they do not have the right mindset a women could not do it, similar that some people can sleep around and others do not. People that do this should not get married as they cannot help themselves and it's not fair to put a family under this emotional strain. The big downside is that these type of people think they are the ones that are not wrong. Going back to the start of my comments is that I feel Ellen is a walking time bomb that she will do it again, as she knew, when it was raised that going with that other male that she was another person and she was ok with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It would have been interesting on an update on Ellen. Did her marriage hold as I think it would not unless she had changed. We will never know. Further I think the end was rushed. I do feel one needs to be a one man, one woman person for a marriage to work.

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 2 years ago

I was reading some of the comments left by Trump supporters, and I don’t understand them.

Is it really that shocking that a Liberal Arts Professor would actually be a Liberal? I believe the author picked the occupation on purpose. The author didn’t want a take-charge kind of guy, but rather a person who would think and fester about a decision, before acting. The author wanted a Namby Pamby Liberal Pacifist.

I also believe the author needed to portray the main character as a cynic. That he expected his wife to lie and not be honest with him. To have him confirm that with a political comment was showing his beliefs carried over to other aspects of his life. This is accurate character building, and not a political statement.

If I were to have a Burt Gummer character in a story, I would probably write that he had a “Lock Her Up” on the bumper of his four wheel drive. If you don’t know who Burt Gummer is, he was a survivalist in the “Tremors” movie and TV series franchise. His basement, or what he called his “Rec Room”, had an entire wall dedicated to displaying his arsenal of weapons. I would have been shocked if an author wrote that he had a “Hillary 2016” bumper sticker on his four wheel drive, wouldn’t you?

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

This was so intelligently written it was a marvel, and a pleasure to read, very painful, and very insightful. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a wonderful and well told story. Definitely 5 stars.

And yes, you have some very precious commenters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really, really bizarre comment about the president trying to help the .01%. I know university types absolutely hate that the president reduced unemployment rates for blacks and Hispanics to all-time record lows. And they truly hate that the working class responded to his being the first president in our lifetimes who truly went to bat for them by loving him for it and turned out in record numbers for his appearances to thank him. But haters gonna hate and no one hates as viciously as a liberal college type.

Why make a political comment here? Because the author decided to put a stupid, inaccurate political comment in his story. No reason for him to piss off half the readers and spread a slanderous lie. But he/she did. And detracted from the story. The author gets to choose the content. And the reader gets to respond.

nogravynogravyover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the entire story, and the twist (yes singular) and turn (yes singular). In spite of enjoying myself, I wish that I could give it 4.5 stars because it simply doesn't rise to the five-star level for me. I read an enormous amount and write quite a bit, and have learned as a result that readers don't want reality or logic in their fiction. We live our lives every day and want to see something HAPPEN in our fiction that falls outside the arena of our experience. While the story was well-thought-out and plotted, it lacked a certain, how shall I describe it, turbulence maybe, that stole some of its soul. The main character is able to describe the extent of his feelings, but there aren't events or occurrences that demonstrate it. In the same way, that stage actors have to exaggerate their actions and are trained early to "play to the back row", the same holds true for fiction, in that it must have action rather than being subdued and narrational. For all that, however, I found it extremely well-written and thought out (cerebral?).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She met somebody a couple of months later? He's happy, says she doesn't owe him anything? She''s an evil, self-absorbed person and he might be intelligent but he has not one wit of sense in his head. Glad this is fiction or I'd be worried to death about how their kids would turn out with these two nitwits!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No, no, no you've got this all wrong.

What we, your readers want is for Ellen and her lovers to suffer, really suffer.

The lovers have to be socially and financially ruined, preferably beaten to within an inch of their lives, and if possible sent to jail for twenty years.

In the meantime, we expect Ellen to either end up as a corroded wizened hag, eaten up from the inside with guilt and remorse, or reduced to poverty living in a trailer and putting on so much weight she looks like a sperm whale (why a sperm whale you ask? Well why is a fruit bat called a fruit bat).

OR - she has to turn to prostitution and dies of a hideous STD

Come on man, get with the program.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

The tale was told well, and it had a full resolution. I have favorited this part of the tale, and intend it to mean the story as a whole. The author also gets favorited status, I look forward to reading more of the author's work. And my thanks for his/her writing. 5⭐️s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was……TRITE. Lazy. Not worthy of the earlier chapters.

.

2 **

McDingelMcDingelover 2 years ago

Outstanding effort!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - It was a fairly decent story and well written. However, having lived with a MSW for more than 50 years, there were quite a number of things happening in this story that did not ring true. BUT this is FANTASYLAND and everyone is entitled to write whatever they want - so no biggie - it was a nice lite read.

She has not been back here for a while, obviously she moved off to greener pastures.

Maybe she is getting paid.

BigDee44BigDee44over 2 years ago

My experience tells me that mental illnesses play a part in many marital situations. It is hard to even see anything wrong while in the middle of it. In my fase, I never did notice. But my wife’s guilty feelings got the better of her and 4 years after the fact, in a counseling environment, she told me of her two affairs. In many ways I wish she had never told me. I have spent the last 30 years in a combination of obsession and quandry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good! You brought it home safely. Hope you write some more 'cuz I'd really like to read it. Thanks again.

LWlurker

R69runnerR69runnerover 2 years ago

The storyline was well thought out and I enjoyed the progression of the stories. I don't know if it showed enough of Dan's pain when finding out she has been unfaithful more than he was first led to believe. I know that pain. Did he ever wonder if both of his girls were his, biologically? You see, my second son isn't mine. He's 50 now and still doesn't know and I'm never going to tell him and love him with all my heart. All in all, a very good piece. Keep up the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was a good ending .Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Okay, we know about Dan's four years later. But what about Ellen's?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The writer has to be female!! They just can’t seem to understand what drives a man! For them their fantasy is that they get to have their hot dirty affair and then be taken back by their living hubbies with all transactions forgiven!!! Thank god this one stopped after this series!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Awful.

And you know why? Because you neglected to ever let the readers to have even a clue about why Ellen cheated.

And the happy ever after BS…..so trite. So bad.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Damn! That was so disappointing. I read all the way through, waiting for him to finally wake up and be someone, but no, he just went and followed the predictable path. In fact, I think that is what I missed the most in this story. The lead character was so one-dimensional, so together, so perfect. Absolutely no blame was placed on him, presumably because the expectations are that if he cooks and cleans and works hard that he should, by right, get a fairy tale life. And because there was no background story about the husband other than he was an intellectual, and an allusion to him being a bit "boring" there was no way of understanding why this guy thought that infidelity was enough to destroy his perfect life.

The idea that lying is a simple choice, or rather confessing the truth is something only good people can do and everyone else is bad and untrustworthy is quite a childish view. But then the story was deliberately written to set up the wife with the second reveal to show that the husband was able to forgive (supposedly) and therefore the undeniable hero whilst the wife was just a series of unjustifiable betrayals.

The husband played his whole life as the passive victim without making any effort to either wonder why it happened (but readily accepted suggestions). Nor was he willing to use both his intellectual prowess and his perfect love to find a solution to stay together. The only real moment within the whole story was when he needed to show hit disgust at the thought that his wife could have an orgasm with another man by being sick. It is only then that you see the true arrogance of the man and the delusion that he lives in: he couldn't accept that he was not better than everyone else and that was more than he could live with.

To live such a privileged life free of worries and paranoia and struggles and to throw it all away because that is a better option than to actually live some life seems, to me, boring and deeply disappointing. I guess that is how the story left me feeling.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

That was a great series. Ellen's turn in Ch3 from remorseful wife to serial cheater was a bit sudden, but it smoothed out over the course of the story. I do definitely see more drama in her second marriage.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
windylicker is one fine writer.

A very clever, well thought out story. The writer's style was easy flowing and a pleasure to read. This is not for the BTB crowd at all! This is more of one man's intellectual struggle to understand and reach a proper decision with what life has unexpectedly thrown in his face.

I enjoy a good BTB or reconciliation tale myself, but this is neither.

What this writer presented was:

(1) a husband who made sure all the information he had in hand was true.

(2) made every effort to give his cheating wife a chance to redeem herself.

(3) ensure his children physical and pychologically well beings were taken care of.

(4) had all his ducks were in a row before dropping the hammer on his marriage.

Unfortunately, this writer has only posted this one story. But, it's high quality story at that. For that alone I added this story to my favorites. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent.

Either you are a therapist, you have amazing insight or you have gone through it yourself.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Top ending. The cheating lying bitch got hers in spades and deserved it too.

Guess what?

Ellie will cheat again, one could bet on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Tough decisions are hard to make.....

I loved how this story came together...and it was great to see that this man had balls... He finally got all the facts and stuck to his principles....and a good ending made this story worth reading........

PutneybridgePutneybridgealmost 4 years ago
Loved it.

To echo a previous comment, I am very impressed this was a first effort. It was riveting as an examination of the mental processes people go through, and the counseling scenes were extremely well written in terms of developing comprehension of the cheating/ reactions.

TrustingagainTrustingagainabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed the story

I did enjoy the series and would really like to see other stories from the author. Is it me though, Dan seemed more calm that one would think and I don’t think Ellen was really upset that she hurt her husband - just happy it’s over and that she could move on without the pains of being a full parent.

ColdCountryColdCountryabout 4 years ago
I just finished the whole series.

I enjoyed it in that I feel as though it was an honest set of reactions on everyone's part. Dan showed incredible patience in dealing with the increasingly difficult situation and metered his actions through the children.

I don't know about Ellen. She was remorseful and truly didn't want to hurt Dan, but her rationalization of what she'd been doing over the years is both maddening and mind boggling. Dan was correct when he said that she should have approached him with her issues before ever taking it outside the relationship. The ending left me wanting a a few more pounds of flesh removed from Ellen for everything she'd caused.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 4 years ago
Splendid story

Seemed real, the characters weren't superman/woman. Discovery of a second affair was indeed decisive in ending the marriage. I thought the councilng scenes were especially well done, and the realization that they were fundamentally incompatible. Intellectually was insightful, and probably more common in real life than we than we imagine. Writing such a long story is quite a feat, the last chapter was an afterthought, and not quite up to snuff

Chilley

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Great story, enjoyed it a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

I had to share this one with my wife, who is a marriage counselor. It, of all the stories on this site, best fits the actual mold of how discovered affairs play out. The trickle truth, the discoverable history bubbling up and over, the way the betrayed husband uses personal responsibility and problem solving as coping mechanisms to make himself feel a bit more in control of a spiraling emotional nightmare. It’s a stunning portrayal of how men actually respond to this pain, which is a nice contrast to all the toxic stories about needing to “win” the divorce so badly that your hero abandons his kids and flees the country or whatever.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
@HDK - epilogues

If a longer story is well written, the reader is drawn into the tale and empathises with the protagonist. After going through all the trials and tribulations of a "loving wives" story, most readers want the husband to have some kind of happy ending as a reward for all the shit he just endured. Finishing with an ambiguous or bleak ending feels anticlimactic... and certainly makes me feel like I just wasted my time reading the story.

There's no real hard and fast rules, but generally, if the story is 5+ pages it absolutely deserves some kind of epilogue, even if it's only a couple of paragraphs. The longer the story, the longer the denouement should be. Ending a lengthy story abruptly without wrapping things up isn't clever... it's lazy... and a disservice to readers who have become invested in the characters.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Disappointing, but nice ending

Always a shame the wife doesn't get a little btb. Divorce is not enough.

But really glad he grew some and kept away from her, although here again she got what she wanted. She never actually thought of him once divorced. She did, after all, date before the ink was dry.

Writing and storytelling was great, making the story believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Ending for Ellen was very rushed no confirmation of how much cheating nor why. So only 4 stars. All in all a pretty realistic story and a good read.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Missed

Somehow I missed chapter four first time through. Good finish to a good story, although I didn't like Ellen ending up happy. Hope this author writes again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Liked it

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Please write more

If this isn’t five stars, what is? Thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hmm

She certainly went form I will get you back to I found someone awfully fast.

And what about the mental health problems, that just got dropped.

In real life her obviously dating and finding someone else that quickly while professing love for her exhusband, would mean her made the right call.

But the poor new guy just married a serial adultress.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Physical therapy for me

Gave you an extra star 3 to 4 due to hair on pussy awfully tired of bald shaven pubes

Finished up nicely

Saw it coming but I liked it

Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful first effort

I was very impressed! Good to great dialogue, excellent storyline.

sdc97230sdc97230over 5 years ago
Something's definitely missing

The story sets up a possible "mental illness" path with hints of "multiple personality" and "compulson," then just never goes there and ultimately her only "issue" is getting bored with her supportive family.

And we never really find out if she became an "honest woman." Were there only two affairs? Did she become an honest, faithful wife to her second husband? Or did she just become a better liar?

meganann10meganann10over 5 years ago

Disappointed story didn't have anything to do with the title very decieving

matuateneiramatuateneiraover 5 years ago
A brilliant story

I can not remember any other story capturing so well the dilemma of two married people who are not soul mates but care for each other. The character depth and the description of the concern for the children was brilliant. It shared with me the reality of being in a relationship where one partner spends more time than the other thinking about things and wanting to talk about them. The flaw in the marriage led to Ellen being tempted and straying, but the outcome where both Dan and Ellen found better futures with genuine soul mates was a very satisfying ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I love this

Well-written, lucid, never plays the reader for a fool. Bravo! And thanks for the enjoyable free read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A beautiful story.....

......and so well written. You started by asking for an editor but I saw only one tiny word out of place (cant remember where). If you can write this well without an editor it would be a shame to add one- he/she might make your writing less effective. Your characters are real and the situation they find themselves in and their actions and emotions are all believable and thus intense. It brought tears to my eyes several times-unusual for stories on this site. I will look for more from you in the future. Thank you for this 5 star experience.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Hmm,

Hmm, it seems that Ellen just liked strange cock, and the excitement that went with cheating. Yes it was very sad when she finally got caught, and the whole family suffered. Thank goodness she wasn't a total vindictive bitch because she could have made her cockold hubby suffer a hell of allot more. Good story overall. Thanks for it.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for the story!

I felt the characters were real. I know life never wraps up with a pretty bow, but if most stories were untidy, I’d be out living my untidy life instead of reading! I can see the challenge of deciding how much to explain. I’d have liked an explanation of the wife’s behavior, but how often do we actually understand a wife’s thinking in real life?

I give it a 5/5/5/3.5, which rounds up to a 4, and it beats the snot out of anything I can write.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It took a long time to learn they were incompatible

The more I read of this story, the more it became obvious that these two should never have been married in the first place. He claimed that she cheated because she didn't respect him, but he never really respected her because she wasn't his intellectual equal and couldn't articulate the reasons for her behaviour. She was motivated by her feelings, he was motivated by intellectual analysis. Not a good combination.

LA

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 6 years ago
Disappointing ending

Given the insight into these characters shown in the first three chapters, I thought you would have shown greater understanding of Ellen’s destructive behaviour, especially since he is a respected anthropologist. This landed flat; they were going to divorce, each of them would meet and marry new mates and all is good. Quite a pedestrian ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Erotic dream for more than 30 million men

@Harddaysknight We are on erotic fantasy site and I think a GOOD EROTIC DREAM after divorce from a cheating wife to find a younger, healthier, better women than the cheater wife. It may be this erotic dream valid for more than 30 million husbands, exhusbands!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Death of a modern marriage

I'm a little sad because I was rooting for Dan and Ellen to reconcile, despite Ellen's compulsive lying and cheating. While wendylicker saw fit to make things work out for both of them in the end, I suppose the author was out to make a point here: that no amount of mutual attraction and affection can help a marriage go the distance if the couple are as fundamentally mismatched as Dan and Ellen were. Was it a mistake for them to marry? Possibly. But then again, their union produced two daughters they were proud of.

A pleasure to read, overall.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good Story

A pretty realistic story on a marriage breaking down. The two did not hate each other and possibly still loved each other, something was just missing to keep it alive. Real life, not every divorce situation has the ex's hating each other.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 6 years ago
Nice job

Good story; good writing.

I wouldn't have ended it that way, but good STORY anyway.

It's hard for me to understand how a spouse can profess all that love and beg for forgiveness only to get married to someone else at the end. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic. This wife was mentally ill and was not cured. She will cheat on her next husband and she knows it.

I also don't understand how a man can marry a woman whom he knows cheated on her first husband. My radar would be on constant high alert. Eventually it will wear me out.

But as I said, it's your STORY.

Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This felt like an "add-on".

You seem to have paid too much attention to the commentators. You previous "last" chapter was okay, but the story was just okay. Adding this pollyanna ending did nothing for the story. The commentators arguing with one another was more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Much better

Personally I appreciate you adding this chapter / epilogue! I know the BTB crowd will hate it but from the characters you created it makes sense. Ok maybe I am sucker for happy endings but really NO way back for the marriage. So I really appreciated where the characters and children ended.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading!

KenfromIndy

Not sure why can’t login into account from phone anymore? I will have to research what changed because I used to be able too!? So since I wanted to comment I have to resort the the dreaded Anonymous 😠

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "brookie brookie brookie"

You are conflating several different comment streams.

The first, had to do with the difficulty of having a dialog with anonymous comments, and the idea of using a "signature" as AMerryman does to make an anonymous comment more unique.

The other had to do with the anons who said that they HAD an ID, but gave it up because their EMail got clogged up with Lit EMails. I mentioned that despite all my comments and some stories that I didn't have that problem. I then theorized that maybe I didn't have that problem because I block anonymous comments, and that also blocks anonymous emails.

As you say, enough already. Either you are unable to get my point, or you do get it, and are deliberately poking me. Either way further dialogue is fruitless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
brookie brookie brookie

Read last sentence of your ''Emails'' comment. You did indeed ''talk'' about those.

Enough already. You and luedon are obviously irked because anons do not facilitate luedon's and your shared desire to ''dialogue'' with them.

I, for one am amused by your obvious frustration

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "emails brookie"

I wasn't talking about anon emails. I was talking about anons who said that they gave up their id's because their inboxes were clogged with Lit emails.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
emails brookie

Nothing was mentioned about anon emails. The emails were from namers wanting to ''dialog''

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
Chapter 4, on the other hand . . .

. . . seemed like it was all about providing the ‘required’ better wife for Dan, so that he ‘wins’ in the end. Chapter 3 had Dan dumping his wife, which most readers wanted, but he hadn’t really ‘won’ yet — other than the one daughter favoring him over her mother — and it seemed as though you were trying to rectify that.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
My biggest problem with the series . . .

. . . was with chapter three. The initial writing was about whether Dan would stay with Ellen after she had one affair. The second affair was used to slam the coffin lid down, to give Dan no real option as to whether to keep her. Instead of Dan having to make a real decision, one which could have gone either way, the decision is made for him by circumstances. That’s the easy way out for the author. There might have been more meat for the plot if Dan had reconciled, and then found out about the second affair later.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
To nay sayers...

As for me, the end of chapter 2 would have been a brilliant, "Huh? What? No eF'n way!!!" It left me hanging, but in a good way. A lot of suspense. The problem became chapter 3. A lot of people bitched and complained about the hanging end. So chapter 3 STARTED tying up the ends. Problem was a "proper" end was now left with a lot of holes. If you are going to "finish" it, then it needed to be properly finished.

Right now, the analogy that comes to mind is a roller coaster. Chapter one was getting on the roller coaster, having the safety bar lowered, and starting down the dark tunnel. Chapter 2 was going up the steep clattering incline, with the end of it being just at the top of the precipitous plunge. You see the the tracks disappear in front of you. You look down the huge plunge. Your heart stops in your mouth. You are anticipating the rush and negative Gs. Then the chapter ends. If the story stopped there it would have been quite the exiting cliff hanger. Would it have been better to have the full ride? Probably yes. But then chapter 3 comes, and it's MOST of the rest of the ride. That's my problem with chapter. 3, it doesn't quite finish. You're near the end of the ride, you can see the platform ahead, and the ride stops. The final resolution isn't there.

Could chapter 3 have been a finishing part with just a little more work? Absolutely. But it wasn't. There were just too many holes. If you're going to finish then finish. It seemed obvious the writer was getting tired of the story, but I think was a bit of disservice to the readers (not discounting this is all free). So, irregardless to how awesome/unawesome chapter 4 is, it does fill in the holes left by chapter 3. You do finally get to the platform at the end of the ride. Again, obviously the writer was now tired of the story, so didn't seem to get as much into the final part as they had in chapters 1 & 2. Even less so than chapter 3. But there is a finalie. Certainly it's not with a bang, maybe even a wimper, but does, properly, end.

Just MHO.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
MariaPeep345 that is!

Not cool in the comments of these stories to be trolling.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
What the heck is with this "Maria web link to pro's"?

Did the web people miss this trolling?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hooray! You took the good last installment and made it better.

No gods falling from the heavens to set things aright, no convenient car wrecks or sudden fatal diseases, and still you brought the plane in for a landing.

Give us more! More stories!

R.

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
Nice clean finish

Everyone found a good life.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Emails?

I see many Anons claiming that they had id's but gave them up because their email got clogged up by Lit readers.

I'm a prolific commenter, and occasional writer, and I rarely get Lit emails. That may be due to the fact that blocking anonymous comments also blocks anonymous email!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I enjoyed the series, and the last chapter was appreciated for a solid wrap up. Please keep writing!

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
Respect

I didn't really care for the story after chapter 1, but I did like that you dedicated a whole chapter to an epilogue, especially after you said it was over with on chapter 3. Not many authors do that so I really liked that you wrote this epilogue.

I was fine with the ending on ch 3, but I didn't think it was very good. This epilogue made the story much better in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Best new author to LW in a long time

This was a reasonable and happy ending to Dan's story everyone is happy without a BTB. My only problem is that Dan was blamed for Ellen's cheating because she got bored with him. I don't care what the writer's gender is. How do we know that HDK isn't a 300 pound trans living in someone's basement. Dan handled his divorce in an honorable way without damaging his kids. It would be pretty sad if it has to be a female writer to portray a reasonable man.

You earned the high scores. Don't listen to the jealous naysayers. I'm still waiting for Ellen's story. That will be a tough one but people would welcome a repented sinner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
suggestion for wendylicker

Quickly write a story about two couples. Each succesful marriages just one continuing disagreement.

Couple A husband is anon while wife is namer

Couple B husband is namer while wife is anon.

Does not have to be much of a story regarding plot or length.

You might set first week ''comment'' record.

From his comments, Amerryman is swingerjoe who somehow had profile hijacked

Not all commenters seek the attention that namers hold dear. Someone remind me of the definition of insanity that states doing the same thing over and over with same result.

Admittedly, I am frequent commenter, had profile, tired of my email clogged by Literotica readers and dumped profile. I could set up proxy email, and indeed tried. Ahh, but these days you must provide cell phone number. Hmm...no thanks...even if I had a cell phone, which I do not.

I KNOW, I KNOW who doesn't have a cell phone these days. The looks I have received at doctors offices when I inform them I don't have one. Reminds me of the chastising anons receive from some namers.

Dragonman, if I wanted to engage in email discussion with author, I would sen him note with my address. Never have, never will. I make comments to show my support to authors whose works I enjoy reading. I try to write honest and objective critques. If author chooses to respond, better the whole world can read the author's words or thoughts instead of just anonymous ol me.

I have read sb's stories - that is sbrooks103x to those who do not share the same close relationship I have with him - I had no idea he didn't allow anon comments until I read his posting. Confirmed by bringing up one of his stories. Read that one and a few more. Realized why I didn't know his prejudicial stance. I did not read anything worth commenting on. Some other authors ideas with his twist.

Oops, I better withdraw those words or he will exclude me from reading his stories

I believe HDK mentioned something about allowing anons

to post thoughts. Recall he favored that allowance.

Well its been fun, but I just saw neighbor drive by heading to work, time for my afternoon cup of coffee with his wife. Delightful lass, always has sugar bowl ready, but seems to run out of creamer by this time every afternoon. Might even change the baby's nappy while I am there, just to help her out.

Least I could do. She does have my eyes after all.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@luedon Re: "Anons"

I find myself in the strange position of agreeing with lue!

Actually, I'm a little mad at myself, I've also made that suggestion, forgot to repeat it!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 6 years ago
Excellent Epilogue

I respectfully disagree with HDK - I like an epilogue and I like this epilogue (and I usually like the endings of his stories). This is a good series. In terms of plot, am glad that the kids were well taken care of and the parents didn't enrich all the lawyers trying to hurt each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@Harddaysknight

It's not about that. You can imagine all the endings you want. A different ending each day. In the end the ending is what the author writes. That's the real ending. Reader's want that. This chapter offered a lot. Told us about the kids after the divorce. How he met a new girl. How his wife moved on.

luedonluedonalmost 6 years ago
An ending for an ending's sake

Is likely to be bland. 'And they all lived happily ever after'.

It's nice that much of the commentariat felt happy about it. I thought it was unnecessary and not matching the quality of the earlier chapters.

Lue

Ps: Re the Anonymous discussion.

For those who don't wish to register a name, and who enjoy entering conversations as a known commenter, do as the Man From Sherwood Forest does. AMerryman puts his moniker at the end of each comment.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Good

Really a good story overall. I personally like the ending. Four stars!

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 6 years ago
ok

good ending i guess a bit boring for a fictional story but at least u put an ending in the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You Have Another Story If You Want

Ellen's epilogue. That journey could be the basis for quite a yarn. This stuff happens all of the time. Sometimes, people grow and change. Sometimes they live their lives as selfish jerks leaving a trail of hurt. Either could be interesting.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
This chapter is an example of why some readers complain about my endings.

If a reader likes this "ending", there's little I can say. Some readers want to be told the wife suffered, the kids went to college and are successful, the guy remarried and his new wife has bigger tits and a tighter pussy and gave him many sons, while the lover had his balls crushed by a steamroller and the husband had an alibi offered by his poker buddies. That seems to be the ending people want. This was not really an ending. It's just fluff to please the fluff lovers. This chapter offered nothing of any kind, except appeasement to readers that cannot imagine anything and want someone to spoon feed them bullshit. The story was already over. Stick a fork in it. It was done!

I never understood the need to tie things into a little bow and hand it to the reader. Some readers wanted the wife to screw every college kid she could find so the husband could somehow feel bad, or maybe feel good about it. Endings are difficult, but leave them wanting more, rather than wishing you hadn't offered so much.

Your writing is very good and you really should pursue it. If you write in first person as a male again, I suggest you leave out the embroidery and knitting and maybe scratch your imaginary balls now and then. Thanks for the hard work this entire story required.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
To all of the Anon's

I made a choice to get a moniker not because I wanted to submit a story but so I could correspond with other writers. If you made a brilliant in a comment to a story and I wanted to tell you I can't do that via e-mail. You on the other hand can send me the most veil e-mail and I can't respond, my choice and chance. I have talked to many writers and some just readers by having my comments tagged. at the end of the day it is still your choice, but you might understand a writers view point through e-mail better than hundreds of back and forth comments that have nothing to do with the story we just read.

Thank you for allowing me your time, and wendylicker it still was a good series.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous