All Comments on 'Man-eater'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
ca_daveca_daveover 1 year ago

Wanda this one is special, thank you for sharing it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Man, poor Kerry - imagine having to be the adult in that room. I don't think you've done a two part story since, like, 2013 (I am aware that information is literally a single click away, but guessing seems more fun, so don't mind me if I'm off by a year or three), but that woman deserves the world. Not sure if me saying this makes a second part more or less likely, and frankly leaning towards the latter, so I'll stop myself right there :)

Anyway. That was equal parts fun and harrowing - I appreciate the content warning and nearly skipped the rape scene, but then forced myself to go back and at least sort of read it. You're as good at conjuring warm lights and fluffy blankets as you are at painting a room grey, or maybe puke green, neon lights, stained carpets and all, and I sincerely hope that doesn't sound like a hollow compliment - "you're good a writing rape scenes because I absolutely hated it" seemed equally weird. For what it's worth, I think that contrast worked really well here, and I was particularly fond of the epilogue. Thank you for taking the time to write, edit, and publish this for us! I hope you're having a good 2023 so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story, thanks!

But just about 1½ months since Sandcastles was published, so this could just have done with an extra couple of weeks or so of being forgotten about, then further proof-reading to catch (what I presume to be) editing shrapnel that got left laying around.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 1 year ago

Once again we go on a wonderful journey with your rich, textured, imperfect and awesomely well developed characters. Your writing is addictive. Thank you for sharing your talents.

ollie3ollie3over 1 year ago

This started off a little dark,not what I have come to expect from your stories but as usual turned into a lovely tale. Two broken people who find each other and together mend the other.

Well done, I loved it.

TalonDCTalonDCover 1 year ago

Needed at least one more conversation with Anne, but otherwise really good. Thanks for sharing.

gunmakergunmakerover 1 year ago

I enjoy your style of writing. Your ability to describe emotions and share feelings and desires. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Once again, your writing never disappoints. Thank you! Can’t wait to read what you write next (and will re-read your other stories again).

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

I agree with the Anon. Liam was nice, but thank goodness for Kerry! I don't think I've ever cared so little for one of your protagonists as Ella. I mean, I'm happy they got there in the end, and I know you do the broken, but Ella was a special case. Just OK for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you, wonderful story!

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 1 year ago

You spun one hell of a tale. You drew Ella so well, such a psychological match to someone that faced paternal abuse. While I wasn't sure how your warning would play out (and while it was not pleasant to read), you used it to shock Ella to her senses, to steer her clear of abusing herself more; this also catapults her into Liam's caring arms: despite how damaged she esteems herself to be, her senses still identify Liam as remarkably safe and the only guy to let her guard down with--something she refused to do with others. You expose her doubts to us, and walk us through her labyrinth of convoluted processing, where former abuse led her to believe herself unworthy of something wholesome. They both talk it out, share, properly and fully communicate to allow their minds to reset so they can purge their faulty programming so they can recode their thinking and how they estimate each other's worth. You craft it beautifully, and drew us into an intimate embrace that could only end in intensely blissful satisfaction. An unabashed 5! Superbly well done.

jackie_emjackie_emover 1 year ago

Tough start, but I hung in and it was more than worth it. Great story, as you always do.

Syra_panSyra_panover 1 year ago

I so love both characters. The sex was nice, but the dialogue and the characters were so much more. I think my favorite moment was when, without thinking, she tells him to keep her keys. Such a simple gesture of total trust. Thank you, it was a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

♥️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We loved this story!

GF and I read it together this morning before we emerged from our lovely warm bed, honestly we like your lesbian stories the best....obvious reason!

But this was such a good read, he was so lovely, and both the girls were to die for.

What about a follow up story about Kerry?

It would be nice to know she also finds a lovely man (or girl!) to fall in love with and be happy. We feel her heart needs mending too.

Thank you Wanda....another 5 of course

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Sorry but I just couldn't build much compassion for Ella after the beginning. Kerry on the other hand seemed to get a really short stick. I felt the most compassion for her. I thought it was far from your best work but still better than most.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

This beautifully crafted, fascinating piece is about Ella from the “…dim, awkward confines of the men's toilet cubicle” and heartbreaking moments with Kerry to Liam getting “lucky” at the end. Yes, a love story, but so much more — a riveting, incisive portrait/ study. So well written.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Enjoyable story!

5

clearcreekclearcreekover 1 year ago

some stories are difficult to read. sometimes one feels so much for the folks in the story. other times the story cuts so close to ones self. this story was a slice of both for me. thank you. 5

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Any other author and I'd have been hesitant to continue reading after that start. It's you, though, so I pressed on. And to my complete lack of shock I'm delighted I did so. What an absolutely lovely story. Now I want to know that Kerry gets her happiness, and that that raping bastard gets his comeuppance. But I'd settle for just knowing Kerry gets her happiness. Gosh, I love your work. So excited every time I see you've posted a new story, and never disappointed! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You get even better with each posting. Thank you for the pleasure I feel when reading your stories.

jwoozjwoozover 1 year ago

I have always loved your work but this one... wow! Perhaps the most well written, most enjoyable story I've ever read here. Just wonderful. No, perfect!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Great job, Wanda! The characters were very well drawn, with Ella's conflicting emotions, her pain, and her desires being presented perfectly. As I continued reading well beyond my initial time allotment, I wanted to be happy for her and for her to be happy, and, finishing it in one sitting, I really liked the end result. The situation with Anne was sad; reading their interaction and thinking of the years of friendship they'd lost due to her brother made me hurt for Ella even more. Finally, it was really well written, with only one minor typo spotted on page 3: "still breathing, all to[o] often... not."

.

Really great job, 5 big stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the better stories . Real,raw,insightful and truthful

pearlygrlpearlygrlover 1 year ago

Just what I wanted! A happy ending for two survivors! Thanks!

FelMarchFelMarchover 1 year ago

Absolutely wonderful! :) Just the hit of romance I was looking for.

BodysurferyeahBodysurferyeahover 1 year ago

Always a joy to read your work. Nice avatar.

PickFictionPickFictionover 1 year ago

Wonderful characters. Makes me wonder how you do it. But, story after story, it's the same. So, no more wonder. It's just talent.

Suite21menSuite21menover 1 year ago

Wonce again, Wanda won hits!

silveraidersilveraiderover 1 year ago

Like many other who have commented here, your opening scenes gave me pause for thought as I did not find Ella a particularly likeable character. But then I realised that she was damaged, and I wanted to find out why she was damaged, and you delivered another finally crafted story that showed why she was like that... and gave her a way out. A powerful story, and so well written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope he asked for a full set of test results for the stinking cesspool of bacteria, viruses, and probably fungi she waddled around with!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another fabulous and well crafted story. Thank you!

chiefhalchiefhalabout 1 year ago

WOW, that was fabulous!

Thank you

seaferringseaferringabout 1 year ago

Superb. You made me feel so many things - sorrow, pain, longing, hope, joy... Even though the characters are more attractive and more desirable than I will ever be, I was still able to relate to their experiences and their brokenness. Thank you for writing something beautiful. Something that transcends erotica so perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another OHW masterpiece. I absolutely ador your writing. No matter the characters or the category you always manage to hit that emotional sweet spot aboyt just how painful love can be. All too often writers focus on the uplifting aide of love, the joy, the happiness, the smiles and the laughter, but without fail you also bring the all the pain that comes with it. Its that pain that makes your stories so amazing and heartwarming, because when your characters finally get their happiness, we can relate with them because you've been there during the pain that came before. Please keep writing, never stop. Your stories truly are incredible and you are, without a doubt my favoutite author on thia site.

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

Lovely story. I find myself wondering where things stand with Anne...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice story. Suggestion: listen to couples when they are talking together. First names are rarely used. Endearments such as Honey and Sweetheart are, but first names, not so much. You can use other writing tricks to let the readers know who is who.

Starwolf1961Starwolf196111 months ago

You did an exceptional job of portraying two broken people able to heal one another with love. KUDOS! and 5 Stars

AnnaValley11AnnaValley1110 months ago

I missed this when it was first published. Silly me - now added it to my favourites and will be following you from now on. Thanks for such a superb story

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64310 months ago

Demons of war, demons of life! Never completely forgotten but pushed back from where they consume everything! So nicely told!

Your insights into people/emotions is brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Little too close to home.

Saw a lot of faces I carry around in the dark shadows of my mind. Wasn’t expecting to visit with them today. But in the end was happy to visit with them through this story. Maybe softened some the jagged edges of the memories. Maybe there is hope left for a normal life. Thank you.

LrtikagraphLrtikagraph8 months ago

A lovely story. These are plausible people, in a plausible time frame. It all feels right. And beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I generally don't really don't read straight stories but I've been working my way though all your works. You are amazing and I absolutely love your writing. Thank you. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I really, really enjoyed this, even the ugly cry it gave me.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass7 months ago

Yet another five star story! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

Didn't really feel like a romance to me. She was unlikable, and unremorseful. I felt sorry for Liam, not really knowing what he was getting into.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy6 months ago

WAR What is he good for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ….. we not only killing soul we destroying living souls, turning them into nightmare being, the same is about parenting and the outcome, fearful little beings ….. and here it comes hurting a soul, because the own soul isn’t able to act in a kind loving social mannerisms …. But what is social ….. ok, Wanda, you did it again, after all the tears I shed, you turned the tale into the happy ending path ….. so let those two enjoy and create some happiness

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Came for the sex, stayed for the story. This was a beautiful little story; I cried more than once. The author is a great storyteller.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories