All Comments on 'Man in the Mirror Ch. 03'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 268 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
worthy of note

In prelude to one of your stories-Imbalance??-you were gaga about comments by lordslumdog-lsd as he has come to be called by many.

Was nice to see how he responded about your writing on this story.

I was mystified that you would single him out as truth be told his comments are more obfuscative than illuminating.

So much so that a reader with 145 IQ and numerous reading and comprehension test scores all in 99th percentile has trouble following his dissertations.

What I took away from his comment was this was a mediocre story written by a hack incapable of a fresh idea but he figures you might rework a overly trite theme for your next story.

Seems your note of gratitude went to his head and fertilized his delusions of grandeur.

Of course you might agree with his comment and take it to heart.

enjayemenjayemalmost 7 years ago
5*

You do angst and self doubt extremely well

Kiheisam58Kiheisam58almost 7 years ago
What comes around...

Another thought provoking story. I wonder if therapy would have helped him get some of his self esteem back though. Getting in shape was just part of her problem with him. Her saying he was no good in bed was just too much from someone who supposedly someone who used to care for you. She just gave up on him plain and simple and she never really gave him the chance to Chang at all. She was just a selfish spouse that was more interested in her own gratification than working together to repair a broken marriage.......there.....my rant is over!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent story

Character growth, well at least for some, and a descent wrap-up. Paige was selfish to the end. I wonder was she always that way and Art was just blind to it? He remembers her as a different type of person when younger, but sometimes we don't perceive everything happening at the time. Especially since she was such a great liar.

I did like the hypocritical part towards the end, but I still think it would have done her well to have it pointed out and acknowledged.

smmhomesmmhomeover 6 years ago
Thought provoking

Wonderful insights. I love a tale that makes me think.

So his form of redemption is through maturing beyond her perceptions of him... hmmm... An odd way to achieve a sense of balance or justice... but it works. Impressive.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Dissatisfaction

Okay, it's been a while since I read this, I've been spinning through comments on Jav's stories to see which ones I want to re-read, and just want to say something that I THINK has been said before, but I think it bears repeating.

So many wives in these stories have SOME dissatisfaction with their husbands: He's out of shape, he works too much, he doesn't say "I love you" enough, whatever.

They NEVER say anything to their husbands to give them a chance to change or to refuse to change, and instead they cheat. It's only AFTER they get caught that they use their dissatisfaction as an excuse.

You KNOW that if she refused him sex, or in the phrase that all women hate, "let herself go," and HE cheated, she'd rip his balls off, ESPECIALLY if he said anything like that to her! For that matter, if he DID try to talk to her about those things, she'd STILL rip his balls off!

Ocker51Ocker51over 6 years ago
A Nice Read

I read all the chapters and enjoyed the story, I've been divorced so I could relate to a lot of what was being written⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Well done, thoroughly enjoyable

Nice pace, solid characters, wonderful moral for all to learn.

Thanks

Full marks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done!

Well paced, developed with sympathy and wonder of wonders held together in a believable fashion, and you even found a way of finagling an adult ending - thank you!

Obviously I hated it so only 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The connections with previous stories

Are not necessary. When there are many in a story it seems to be the appearances are more important than the story.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 6 years ago
Sees himself, but really doesn’t

Late in the separation, Art realized that Paige was no longer the woman he married. He failed to acknowledge that by the time she strayed, he hadn’t been the man she married for quite a while. He didn’t cheat, but really didn’t try very hard to keep the marriage healthy. He emerged a better man than probably when he first married Paige, but still failed to understand that his attitude was as much at fault as Paige’s actions. Regardless of equality, the burden of being an attentive and caring spouse still begins with the man.

javmor79javmor79over 6 years agoAuthor
For a guy with a name like "Whogivesashit", you leave a lot of food for thought.

I agree with some of it, disagree with some of it, but I can see your point and your train of thought quite clearly. I think you should change your name. It seems to not suit you.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
The Best

My wife (Hotwife805) asked me to read this and I’m not sorry I did. This has to be the best I’ve yet read on this site. It rings of truth to me because I was the man in the mirror. This story mirrored our early marriage. I was preoccupied with career and taking her for granted. I ignored her to the point she felt abandoned. Eventually and not unsurprisingly took a lover. A friend saw her and her lover out on a date. I confronted her. The dialogue was so close to yours it was scary. Anyway... we separated a year we went to therapy and remarried. That was ten years ago. Never again did I neglect her.

Incredible writing. I confess I would have loved them to work it out. Ultimately he is the one that gained. He’d still be a fat wimp if she hadn’t cheated.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
good story

Id think most men would file for divorce as soon as she phenomenally disrespected him, some things just are a step too far to take back. She didn't give him any shot at changing or addressing what the problems were from his end, so imho shes done. as for givesa assertion that its the mans job to start things to maintain a relationship, I call bullshit. Nowadays women say they have an equal say and part in a relationship, so the ball is in her court as well as his. the wife character in this is just a self centered bit... no shes a cunt no bones about it. in the real world if the wife character got fat etc the husband would be pummeled if he didn't stand by her, stay with her and love her for who she is not her looks. so sorry but she gets no pity from me. sad thing is ill bet this scenario has played out many times in the real world, and the witch's self centered attitude rationalizes her actions.

fairway9fairway9about 6 years ago
My life In review

Wow this story is my life in reverse. I had the same experience. When young and married at 19 yrs. old and she was 17. I worked 2 jobs 90 hours a week and all the ot I could work. This was to buy our first house. Over one and a half years after our

marriage we had our first child. I did this for 5 years. Then I was transferred with promotion to another city. So we headed off to our next city with a newborn and a 5 year old. About 4 years later I asked my

wife to get a part time job to help out. In my position I no longer got overtime. Her answer was I didn’t get married to work. I got pissed so what did I do? I had an affair. Well that finally blew up. To give the children a home we decided to move 600 miles away and try to start over. After

about 10 years and another child it got miserable. She put on a lot of weight. I asked her to walk with me. Always an excuse. Didn’t want to sweat too many bugs. Never the right time. I just gave up. I didn’t care any more. She finally served me divorce papers. Best thing that ever happened to me. Life is good again.

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

I have to agree with “whogivesashit” they were both at fault he gave up being the man she married and became a complacent overweight couch jockey. However her response and his wake up call was over the top. I can see how she went a “step to far” it belittling him and going after his self esteem. Plus he had to overcome seeing her having sex with a man who she said, knew how to get the job done. Her change of heart was to little to late. She had burned all her bridges and their was no way to fix them in the short run maybe five or ten years they, if single might be able to. Put things behind them but it would be a long shot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
thank god...

I was really concerned that you would make them reconcile with each other. He makes himself over and she sees him with different eyes. Oh We Can Make It Together....... YES,but she was still a cheating bitch. Thank you for not taking that route. Everyone grew up everyone had pain and now everyone moves on. Some better.....Some worse. But if you break your vows you deserve the final pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yes!

Breakfast of Champions!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE.

PERFECT OUTCOME, MADE THE COW SUFFER WITHOUT THE BURN,GREAT READ, JUST5*****.

WillupbossWillupbossabout 6 years ago
Nice Job

Thanks for all the work you put into this story. It paid off!

Sometimes I’m one of those guys that are hoping for restoration in a broken marriage and from the way chapter two was going I thought that’s where you were headed. But in this case I felt that the things Paige said and did were just too severe to get beyond so I was pleased with your ending. Even Lance gets a shot at having a bright future. Nice Job!

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

It was a good story, but the final confrontation between Arthur and Paige felt a bit lacking. She was still attacking him, when she was the one that totally destroyed their marriage, and he didn't set her straight.

He should have patiently explained that he'd never get back together with her because she was a terrible wife; deceitful, selfish, and unfaithful. That while she might have been physically attractive, inside she was an ugly monster. That he'd met another woman who had showed him what he'd been missing for the last ten years. That he was glad that his wife had revealed her true colours, because it meant he could trade up and wouldn't be married to a horrible person for the rest of his life.

She still loved him and respected him again, so that would have cut deep. Especially as it was all true...

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Than you

Thank you for a great story, with believable characters. Thank you for making it long enough to get immersed in and enjoy. Thank you most of all for not having Artie reconcile with Paige. Great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great read

Loved this story. Such a good read and the main characters very believable. Well done and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story ....

... well developed characters and storyline.

timrivtimrivalmost 6 years ago

Finnish the story.

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Doubts!

Just the right amount of wobbling doubt to make this a fairly compulsive read, with characters that breathed as if alive most of the time!

Well written, and five of those funny pointed things!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Right!

This did turn out to be a great story. Maybe Arthur was better off not to have beaten the cheaters with the toilet tank lid. Definitely Five Star worthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Second Read, First Comment

Good character development. I was worried that he would take Paige back. Paige is nothing but a selfish woman. When a person stutters, unable to put words to their thoughts and the only thing they can say are "I...", that is an indication that they are shallow and self-centered. It would be nice to hear more about Colleen and Art, and Lance and Julie in an entirely different story, not a continuation of this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

What a intricately woven tale about the complexities of divorce, the disintegration of a relationship and the myriad of emotions involved. Thank you for sharing, a great story.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Huh

He didn't take her back. Awesome!

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago
For some reason...

I was kinda hoping for a reconciliation in this one.

Birdstheword1Birdstheword1over 5 years ago
A very reasonable story

That's what I enjoy most about this story.

The wronged party does get a happy ending but it's not like they win the lottery and fall in love with Playboy Mdel of the year. They find someone going down a similar path who ultimately is probably a better fit then the lasts one.

The wronging party isn't burned at the stake but she also doesn't just get to go back to the way things were. A genuinely believeable plot line that also had some gems of wisdom to instill in the readers. Well done.

IntuitiveJIntuitiveJabout 5 years ago
Excellent story

Good job. I like stories that are believable and show the emotion of the characters and this one worked for me. The transformation of both Art and Paige was entertaining.

I've tried writing a couple stories myself and I understand how much work it is to get them to the point of being publishable. Thanks for your efforts. Know that they are appreciated.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago

Is there a more elemental story of a man and a woman finding, perhaps losing, each other? The many who commented saw the honesty of the the characters as something they saw in their own lives. Me too. Sometimes, LW stories get caught up in jealousy and rage rituals and a story like this resets our sensibilities.

If ever there's a Hall of Fame where stories go, based on their merits and not their score, I'm voting for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story that was very believable. No one really a hero. No one really a villain. Good characters placed in an authentic setting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One Last Time

I wish he had butt fucked Paige one last time, just to exercise the devil of Derrick getting her in the shower. Pulled his dick out of her ass, wiped it on her face, and drove off!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Chicken soup for the soul

In part 1 and 2 i honestly thought his wife was also screwing the brother as well. That idea was so toxic it probably would have destroyed most people. I guess reading lw was gotten me so pessimistic that i am constantly looking for the worst case scenario. I am truly glad that the author has a soul and healed the wounded. I am not ashamed to admit that i am glad that bitch didn't receive any good fortune. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank goodness

because I was worried that he would RAAC with the worthless ex-wife.

But, by the way. One does NOT get pedicured hands!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
i enjoyed it...

Here's hoping he plays the field a bit before getting married again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good

Good story about acepting oneself. I am just sad about the ex-wife she seems like quite the selfish person. I hope she changes for the better.

bgl35bgl35about 4 years ago
Great

I very much enjoyed reading this story.You have a way with words. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent story of real life experiences!

I was moved into Arthur’s position in this story from the very beginning. I am not divorced but my wife is starting to treat me like Paige treated Arthur. No, my wife hasn’t started to cheat but who knows how cheaters think!

These commenters who don’t like this story are probably the Paige’s lover types. They see themselves being exposed as the bottom feeders that they really are!

Ocker53Ocker53almost 4 years ago
True To Life

This is my kind of story, I think most people can relate to this story in some way⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not a Psychic or Mind Reader

Good Story, thanks for the read!

So, this pretty much summed up the issues between Arthur and Paige:

Unlike Paige, she(Colleen) told me exactly what she wanted.

"Faster!"

"Slower!"

"Rub my tits!"

"Pinch my nipples!"

"Too hard!"

"Oh shit! Just like that!"

Men are just mere mortals....Their not psychic or a mind reader. If they were they'd have a show in Vegas or be playing High Stakes Texas holdem. Most can follow instructions if they're not written in Chinese, well except for those versed in said language then no problem.

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 4 years ago
Loved the story

Wow! Fantastic tale. Everything seemed real - real emotions, real conversation, real consequences. 5 stars.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Very long story for very little

This was a very long story that, although generally well-written, really has no plot.

Husband catches wife cheating, and after the obligatory puking, he ultimately divorces her and finds someone else. Nothing original or thought-provoking. Just another boring story with the same plotlines and tropes as many other stories.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Here's my issue.

First, javmor79 I love your work and your are in my favorites. Enough fanboy bullshit.

By the numbers:

(1) Dude, you write great dialogue. The conversational flips between the main characters are terrific, easy to read (flow of conversation), and entertaining.

(2) In this chapter, the conversation between the husband and wife get pretty intense.

(3) Here is where I have a conflicting view. The husband says this;

" We both let things slip away from us. But there's nothing we can do about it now. We just have to move forward as best we can."

",,,there's nothing... 'we'... can do about it now."

Wrong.

What he was really saying is, "There's nothing... 'I'... can do about it now the way 'I' feel."

In reality, there is no 'we', in his decision. That's an important point.

Could they have worked things out without the husband come across as a wimp?

The possibilities are numerous.

javmor79 Brilliant freaking story! *********

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

I liked this story as well. I did enjoy the irony of the wheel of fate turning the full circle and that Paige got to hear her own shallow hurtful words thrown back into her face, and not in anger either.

That moment was great!!!!

The characters were developed well and the entire tale dovetailed brilliantly in the end.

Scores a well deserved 5/5

jmmj5jmmj5over 3 years ago

Love this story!

While I have read many of your stories multiple times, this one is easily my favorite.

Not because he got even with Paige, but because he figured out who he was and realized what was best for him was not to go backwards but to go forward.

Great job. Write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great

Really liked it.

The wife was indeed a sorry piece of crap.

Sacrificing her family, her children for he cheap thrils.

Lets not talk tot he husband lets not diet together find activities together and never tell him you want something specific for sex.

Just cheat, and destroy. The modern womans creed.

Introvert269Introvert269over 3 years ago
Well done

I love this story and the happy ending for the brothers, this story hit me right in the feels because I relate to art, I'm currently going through something very similar, difference is the harsh comments were made 16 years ago and i still struggle with my demons, i truly feel you should do one more chapter addressing art and Lance's new, close relationship and arts progressing relationship with colleen

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Husband does not seem to realize that when he became a fat, boring TV watcher, he signaled to Paige that he was giving up on the marriage and really did not care for her.

So, Arty created the problem in the marriage, then corrected himself as he should have while still with Paige, and ended up getting rid of Paige and finding someone else.

Art never really came to grips with the fact that he started the downward cycle.

amygdalaamygdalaover 3 years ago

Wow this transcended the LV genre to become about a person finding themselves and appreciating the unique flavors that each individual brings and shows of themselves.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Excellent

Two major strengths in this story:

1. All the main characters are well developed, consistent (as they evolved), and oh, so very human! No reliance on simple caricatures here.

2. I love the observation that the two MCs have made the full circle in evolving to opposite positions in terminating the relationship. Unfortunately for Paige, her years of disdain and infidelity extinguished any chance of reconciliation.

.

Also, nice job on closing some of the open argument points within the story. For example, Paige first tried to justify her cheating by blaming Arthur for his failures. He also didn't initially call her out on her failure to request any changes in his behavior. Both characters recognized the fallacy in these points later in the story.

.

On a negative note, the incorrect use of pronouns (I/me/my/mine) and verb tenses/forms (e.g. do an internet search on "lie vs lay") make the speaking and/or narrating characters sound less educated than they are given credit. These are all simple, non-structural errors that escaped your editing & proofreading.

.

Thanks! Keep 'em comin'.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago
I Liked It

Great job. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Yep, excellent story. Because it's written from Art's perspective it's easy, almost natural, to feel sorry for him. But stepping back and thinking about this story it's really his fault that his life fell apart,

At one point Art tells Paige that she gave up on him and should have pulled him up on his failings. To a certain extent yes that's true but really it shouldn't have reached that stage where he needed Paige to tell him he was failing in their marriage.

Art shouldn't have let himself go and just let his life ride out. He got fat on his own Paige didn't make him put on weight. Art failed Paige in bed she didn't make him not satisfy her. He should have been taking a look at his life everyday and asking himself if he was doing the right thing.

You can't just let a relationship ride because you've become comfortable in it and assume that everything is ok because you're not being held to account by those you love.

To my mind Art was completely responsible for the failing of his marriage and for Paige going out and finding someone else to give her what he wasn't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Agree with the previous anon's comment about Art failing the marriage. Just because you are married doesn't mean you can become complacent and think that because your partner doesn't say anything to you about the marriage doesn't mean everything is ok. Life is tough especially if you are raising kids. But you can't let the relationship you had before the kids were born stop you both from being the people you were before the kids were born.

The same thing can happen with work where you let your job become the priority in your life and end up neglecting your marriage.

Art, in this story, was as much to blame for the failure of his marriage and Paige cheating as Paige was for not raising her concerns. Her cheating was the catalyst for the wake up call to Art. Sadly it cost him his marriage unnecessarily.

Good story, didn't spot any typo's or gramma issues.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Interesting to note that mom had a vague feeling about his personality change.

The boys are 36, so even if they left the for further schooling or not, she actually lived with him the same time Paige did. Hmmm... of course Paige lived with him as an adult and more intimately, while his personality was shifting around through the first part of his life.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
The dialogue between Page and Arthur when he was trying to get her to sign was brilliant...

...(dare I use) phenomenal. It felt so incredibly real. It caught the nuances of doubt and shame, of guilt, love, loathing... it felt like I was a camera besides Arthur’s head looking at Paige, and Arthur was subvocalizing the thought the thoughts so I could hear them.

Hey! Pretty fancy talking there. But the meaning is right.

5-stars & Favorite

BabalooieBabalooieabout 3 years ago

Good story. Five stars.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 stars - great story, I really liked it.

jamesapplejamesapplealmost 3 years ago

A really great story, from beginning to end. Just the right balance of heartbreaking and hopeful.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

This was a truly insightful and real story. Shame, anger, doubt, awakening. Getting past the haunting images, an overwhelming task arrived at with conviction over time despite heartbreak. I wish someone had told me about the 80/20 truth long ago. It would have helped me recognize the worth she stole from me. thanks for a fine story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I waited until i got to the finish to comment. Im very glad that i read this, good story that moved well, enough detail but not too much. Very well written, good story line and well told. Thank you for a very good read.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

"To my mind Art was completely responsible for the failing of his marriage"

Wrong. Go back to chapter one: Paige was never happy in bed with him, even before he got fat. Their entire marriage was a joke, because she was never sexually satisfied by her husband... but never said anything! How was he supposed to address a problem that he never knew existed?

It was Paige's responsibility to help guide her husband how to get her off. Art says at the end that Paige just used to lie there like a sack of potatoes and expect him to do all the work with no feedback whatsoever. Ironically, she accuses him of being boring in bed, when she's even worse!

Derrick was obviously experienced in bed, but I expect the real difference was that he took control and used Paige like a whore. The fact that she was cheating with Derrick would've made everything much more exciting regardless of his technique. It's noteworthy that Paige eventually got dumped by her lover... which means he probably got bored of her lazy entitled ass as well.

Paige actually started an emotional affair with Derrick TWO YEARS before Art finally caught them fucking.

The failing of their marriage was very much down to her.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 3 years ago
Just found this series

And I'm glad I did. Good character development, nice plot line, and a good resolution.

In spite of some of the comments about "I would have done this" or "He should have done that" I believe Arthur did what many men would like to have had the courage to do and that is to live a good life. That is the best revenge.

Unless you have had a marriage with children and something like this happened to you, you have no idea of how you would handle it. Until you have, keep you opinions to yourself.

Thanks for a good series and your hard work. And please keep writing, you have a talent.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I generally like stories with at least a little BTB, but this one, although very balanced, blew my mind. Arthur handled a very painful situation with grace and dignity. Five stars from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Powersworder was on target with his evaluation of their early sexual problems. How many of us hold back due to lack of confidence? Too many, I'm sure. The part about Colleen giving Author advice about what to do while making love is so very accurate. If more wives told their husbands what would send them to the big O life would be much happier for both of them. And yes, the same holds true for the husband. Tell the wife what gets your motor reeved up without worrying that she would think you are strange. Hell, you might discover that she has some interesting ideas of her own.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Inspirational story with deep investigation on personality development

Personality is not just your physic but your overall including emotions and actions

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, we all have issues in our lives and this story really illustrates them. Half way through this story I became a little nauseous, not because of the story, but how it made me feel. Thanks for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A fantastic story.

I revelled in Arhurs change, in his progress into being a man. I even felt sorry for Paige, who finally saw the Arthur she always wanted but lost. I was happy for Colleen.

It was a great story because it didn’t vilify one person or another, it showed us that they were human: flawed, insecure and hurt; but capable of change, growth and love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, Glad to read it was not a RAAC, or Nasty BTB either. Everyone reaped what they had sown. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

your story/s deserves all the good reviews. keep writing,you well written stories are enjoyable to read as they are true to real life as possible though fiction,which seem to evade most authors on this site. keep it up.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 2 years ago

This one was a home run!

ggariousggariousover 2 years ago

One of the best LW stories I’ve read. A solid 5.

reshalanreshalanover 2 years ago

Великолепная история! Я получил истинное удовольствие от её прочтения!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Paige..."I made a mistake giving up on us. On you."...

not a mistake... it was an unintended blessing....actually, Paige did Arthur an enormous favor... he was finally activated and motivated enough to do something to change his complacent and deprecatating self-image... if she had not set the fire he would have just continued his own self-destruction... Arthur should be thanking Paige for the motivation to change and get his life on the right track.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

enjoyable story about 1 man's life. will have to think long and hard about the 80/20 rule, it was interesting. Even though all the Loving Wife stories that involve a cheating wife, it seems they are rather shallow or self centered women always wanting more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can't really have much of an opinion on this one as I did not get very far into it...you blew it at the start.. A man/husband does not run outside to throw up when he walks in on a wife having sex with someone else,he gets pissed, just how pissed determines if there is jail time. Curb time for wife immediately for sure.. tried to get past that, but could not get past the dialog that never should have happened between the husband and wife,no husband goes into why she did or whats he done for her to step out. Once and Done!..on top of that you had 'her' suggest they should divorce and he questions it?? come on man where are you coming with that. Anyway thats' as far as I could go. Cant handle B.S. .. Its as if someone else is writing this story so no interest in it.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 2 years ago

Nice little story by a good writer. 5 stars thanks. Good character development and good story story about life. Sort of like Forest Gump, but different. Didn't get wood but held my attention. All the way.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

You are an excellent storyteller, and your writing style is easy to read and become immersed in the story.

Thanks for your efforts.

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

I gave 4 stars. I would have liked to hear her really apologising to him for the way she treated him. It seems to have been forgotten by many that she cold heartedly cheated for who knows how long. If she had spoken to him before the cheating, about her concerns and separated before she found a lover there might have been a way back. However, she is a very shallow person who looked at the cover of the book instead of what's inside. Still a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Marriage is hard but divorce sooooo much worse. My marriage was 40 years ago, the divorce 20. I couldn't take either one again. Thanks for the tale! (2nd time through.)

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The anon from a month ago is one of those with the false bravado. They are embarrassed when details hit to close to home. Think he pictures himself on his knees puking his guts out.

People react to situations differently and there is no reason to be embarrassed or make fun of anyone having to deal with some of life's most difficult experiences.

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyabout 2 years ago

I'm a fan of BTB and it has always been about the Discovery, the Confrontation and then the Actual Burning! I was getting bored with this wimp and I know you wanted us to experience him as a very decent a wimp who always took this bitch in consideration and never embarrassed her even though she deserved embarrassment from the discovery. He considered everybody but himself a very decent fellow that has always kept the peace, Towards the end she asked Arty, “Do you still love me?” He did not answer immediately but had many emotions and thoughts going through him – Their wedding day her in an angelic bridal gown, the birth of the twins and how beautiful she was with one in each hand but … “This Paige was the one on her knees in the shower with another man. This Paige lashed out in anger and cut me so deep that it took an entire year to recover. As much as I loved the former Paige, this one was equally unlovable.” This was the first time that you brought me back to this being a BTB story and this bitch was now getting burned – Nothing Nuclear but burning she was decently from a decent guy and that is what made it so painful being paid back in coin and having you own words thrown in your face almost verbatim. You spin a very good yarn although and I think he should have waking up much earlier almost 5 pages earlier and would have been just as effective. 4 -Stars!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

You played Paige perfectly. Cheaters are selfish centered individuals who have a million excuses that all boil down to what I call "The Raven Syndrome". It centers around the question: "What about me"? Paige had very little character and only in fucking a guy did she find any self-worth. I mean her whole discussion with her husband centered around her need to get lauded and his not measuring up to her expectations. One wonder point, however as she was never described as a raving beauty. Only in short story do we find a "good self-conflicted" person come out on top this quickly. Don't kid yourself, however as many people rise above the 20% want zone and live a productive life. Great short story telling on the writer’s part. Also, unless you only have eyes for BTB themes, you should love this one. BTRH...

FraserWayneFraserWayneabout 2 years ago

I gave the first 2 chapters only a 3. However, I didn't judge and kept reading. You tied it up so well in this last chapter, it was quite uplifting. That's why I believe it rates a 5. Looking forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a great story. I almost left in ch. 1, because of all of his whining and self pity. But it was actually redeeming and inspiring. I'm overweight and my sex life is uninspiring. So I actually found the shame, disappointment, determination and pain of Art to be inspiring. I got to get to the gym and fuck my wife later.

Nick_MichaelsNick_Michaelsabout 2 years ago

The best revenge is a life well lived

You are a very skilled writer. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brilliant even after the 3rd time of reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story. The following is offered to help you enhance the presentation:

"mine" is a possessive pronoun. It means "belonging to me".

"mine's" is just an error

"Shit" (not "shitted") is the past tense of "shit".

"the fault lied with him" That would mean both he and "the fault" both told a lie.

"the fault lay with him

ZebcannonZebcannonalmost 2 years ago

I liked reading all 3 chapters. My only comment would be that it took almost a full year before Arthur found out that his wife's comments effected him in the bedroom so to speak.

Anyway it still was a good read. Congrats. Pat yourself on the back.

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

Great story, very well written. I’m so glad he didn’t take Paige back. The only thing missing is an aluminum baseball bat that Derrick needed to encounter after everything was finished between them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great one ... one in a million!!! Not this unbelivable cuck crap!!! A story that felt real

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Five stars indeed. Arthur grew as a person; Lance grew as a person; Paige, will she grow? Will she ever know herself? Or is what she would see (her character) in the mirror too bad to be faced?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Kind of took the feelings we all have all of our lives; let them play out in our relationships; and did it in a 'Loving Wives' format. Thank you, for the entertainment.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayalmost 2 years ago

Nice turn around for Arthur, I almost tuned him out completely after chap 1.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories