All Comments on 'Man in the Mirror Ch. 03'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 268 Comments
MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 month ago

Read this a few times and still good. The wife needs to seek fictional help and he was a better man than most. Glad he got a good ending. I think once u cheat on your spouse and get found out, the marriage will never be the same

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

She didn’t know it yet, but Paige was better off without Art!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What I wouldn't give to meet Jerry. A weird way to go about it but he sure got the message across to Arthur. And kudos to Arthur for coming to the realization like he did.

knoxhardknoxhard3 months ago

Someone in a comment said they felt sorry for Paige. My instant reaction was "hell no!" She's a narcissist. She doesn't even understand what real love is. She's just an immature teen whose life is guided by emotions and selfishness.

And then I thought, perhaps I do feel sorry for her. After all, she's an immature, narcissistic woman who doesn't know what real love is and likely is incapable of ever learning what love is. How sad.

Javmor explores the growth in maturity in his MC, At the end, he realizes that his wife wasn't really who he imagined her to be. He'd put her on a pedestal because he loved her. This is all too often the case in real life. I'm not sure it gets explored that much in LW stories and certainly not well.

Too often the wife is a caricature of a bitch from hell. They exist. But not exclusively.

BabyBunny2222BabyBunny22223 months ago

Great story and great message.

Calico75Calico753 months ago

Second read. Still just as good.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0353 months ago

Good story, glad you didn't ruin it with a reunion.

XluckyleeXluckylee3 months ago

Great story. I looked forward to seeing the next chapter. Thanks for sharing your stories with us readers. 5 stars from Xluckylee.

Karn9Karn94 months ago

Excellent story, well written and very thoughtful, I like the deep insight into King Arthur his thinking and character. I enjoyed the way you wrote about his faults, failures and mindset throughout the story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Awesome writing. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great characters, and a very believable story. Your descriptions of the thoughts and emotions of the main character and the changes over time are excellent

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19555 months ago

I really liked this story and how well it was written. I never lost interest and found it reflected a lot on real life and emotions.

Ocker53Ocker535 months ago

Excellent story, one of the best on here, very realistic ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

xMulexMule5 months ago

5*

Nothing superflous; every paragraph with a purpose.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Paige didn't have real love for her husband. A little talking could have turned this all arioound but she was too self centered to go to the trouble. Too bad some couples change to the point that they no longer communicate.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very inciteful story. You have hit on feelings that I have had all my life. I have always felt that I was just not good enough and held back all the time. Maybe I too am better than I think.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree6 months ago

Very enjoyable.

A story with a strong and believable plot.

Well written too.

Not a man's journey

but a man's recovery

from a great shock to his system.

And coming out of it stronger than he was before.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story arc, very fulfilling and rather comforting picture that life goes on despite it's troubles, failures and betrayals.

oldguy1oldguy16 months ago

great story about self belief well written thanks

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

have said it. A very sure of herself woman cheats on her husband and have the audacity to insult and belittle him, it took him a year to discover his self worth after that she realized what she lost. 5 - stars!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thank you!

StruckwrongStruckwrong8 months ago

You have your own unique style and processes for sure.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Your Author's Final Notes are so true. When I first started reading LW, all I seems to read were the serious BTB stories, and I enjoyed them, even the nuclear ones. Now I have found some other authors that have gone in different directions, and those, too, are good and enjoyable. JAV, you are excellent. Thanks for all your stories.

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

Thank you for such a good story, well written, character set just right, by that I mean they come over as real, the plot was really well thought out, some of it was quite thoughtful but I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Really enjoyed your story. Certainly nice to see a person with low self esteem turn his life around and become a happy person. 5*.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil479 months ago

Well I'm glad my wife didn't treat me like that. At 26 years old I was seriously ill with a rare illness. I was diagnosed with Addisons disease, saved my life. Have been on steroids for nearly 50years and was told I would likely put on a lot of weight. It didn't happen but I did put on more than I would like to. With Addisons disease you don't produce adrenaline so are unable to vigorously exercise in some cases. I have no stamina but have managed to keep my weight down, shame about my hair loss as my wife would prefer it if I had a good head of hair instead of a hairy body. I have lived longer than my life expectancy with Addisons so I am grateful to the NHS for that and even more thankful to a great wife for all of her love and care over the last 55years. Love her to bits. Thank you for a totally realistic story, not everyone dumps a husband /wife because their body or hair has changed. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

JohnSimmsJohnSimms9 months ago

Loved the author's coda. The story held my interest and I enjoyed the learning arc of your characters. I can see some of the commenter points regarding Paige and wishing for more "justice" but then again, this was Arthur's story. She could have an agonizing internal monologue about her failings running contantly. Derrick may have dumped her for a younger, more beautiful model. She may become fat and depressed. Then again, maybe she will experience an epiphany similar to Artie. That will be her story. Thanks for sharing your work with your readers.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Unbelievably good story, the insights that you have accorded to your characters have proved to all that you are a very good writer. The story was so interesting that I could not stop reading and nodding at the psychological revelations between people... very good analysis on the writers part. Your story was so true to life and thus bittersweet. The story deserves a ten but, alas, a well deserved 5 is all that is allowed. Thank you for your excellent tale.

SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

Thank you for a very readable and engrossing story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 stars. Brilliant effort. Thank you very much for a very well written well planned realistic story with believable characters.

But. Of course there is a always a butt.

The running times.

Seriously. We have this guy working his ring off at the gym on a special nutritional regime, with an RSM from hell beating on him, dragging him through this terrible sadistic keep fit programme for months on end.

And the best this guy can manage is to run just over 2 miles at a very slow rate. And then he is tired and worn out. His running rate is equivalent to a 9 minute mile. Or a 4 hour marathon.

Our weekly social training runs after work on Fridays, were always 5min 20 seconds for under 10 miles, and 5:40 for between ten and twenty miles. Then it was off to the pub, get very drunk, continue smoking, and try and pick up some easy lay in the bar. Hence there were never any runs that weren't just training.

Also agree with Inka re very over used very stale very shallow and very short sighted and very stupid trope about him lying to his kids. Why? Just so they can have the honour and privilege of being raised by the slut of the week with alley cat gutter morals and principles? Doesn't he love his kids? What did his kids do wrong so that he no longer feels the need to protect them from immorality and deception. Why on earth would any Dad willingly abandon his own children, his own flesh and blood to allow them to be exposed and even raised where that standard of morals and behaviour is acceptable?

Still a good entertaining story though.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good plot line, well executed and well written but "pedicured hands", seriously? Feet are pedicured, hands are manicured. Also, it's 'couldn't care less', NOT 'could care less', think about it...

inka2222inka222210 months ago

Well here's the thing. Yes all stories offer SOMETHING. But the stories about real life only offer same garbage man-hating sad reality that one can observe in... wait for it... real life. Without wasting time to read the stories that offer absolutely nothing different from that. Whereas, the escapist stories, offer, well, escapism. Entertainment. Attainment of imagining a better situation than the fucked up reality we live in.

/

And the "realistic" stories offer the evil people the win... like yours, where the bitch asswipe of an ex wife suffers about 1% of the pain and suffering and damage she visited on her husband, despite deserving 100x more. Is that more in line with real world? Sure. Does that make for an uplifting fun read? No, it makes for depressing, sad one.

/

So, your story and its chapters get 3.5 stars because after all, the guy did get a better model in trade off, despite being fucked over financially, AND a good makeover making him feel better about himself and removing psychological shackles women placed on him all his life. The same women who supposedly loved him and were supposed to care and protect him. I was tempted to do 2 stars, for the dumbshit stale trope of "let's lie to the kids and pretend the divorce is for a benign reason and not because your mommy is a bad person". But I'll be nice and only 2-star second chapter for that instead of all 3.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As a person who has just shed 40 pounds with diet and exercise, I could relate to this story. But I did it not to impress my wife. I did it to improve my health. It did. All of my vital numbers have improved significantly. My doc says I probably just added years to my life.

This is a very well written story with crisp, believable dialog. The author gets five stars for telling an honest and compelling story. I just feel sorry for Paige. She made a mistake that will take her a very long time to recover from. Like many marriages, they had something worth keeping, but they let it slip away. Kind of bittersweet, but a great story.

ChopinesqueChopinesque11 months ago

A reread after six months. I still like my earlier thoughts, and this is still a five star story. But I'll add this: Arty got pudgy. Big fat deal. He had a wife who saw her wedding vows as conditional upon her husband's appearance?? There was no way she deserved anything other than the fastest possible divorce. The fastest.

"...so long as you both like the way the other looks?" SRSLY? I know, it's a story. But here she doesn't have excuses beyond feeling dissatisfied. How long did the affair go on?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It's kind of a story about how fickle love really is, from both ends. I can't help feeling that Arty didn't really love his wife and that was the root of it all. What kind of person doesn't recognise that their partner isn't satisfied in bed, the kind that's self obsessed and unobservant, it's the one job that you have.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 stars for the gut-wrenching discovery (wife pleasuring another man) and the evolution of his restoring his confidence and moving on. Refusing his soon to be ex-wife who was keeping him around as 'plan B' was pivotal. One small note: a little less family and sibling history would keep it focused on the core issue (infidelity) and make it a better read. Well done otherwise.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler12 months ago

I enjoyed how the story told the complete circle of transformation that was necessary for Art to find his true self. I suspect, the evil, selfish spouse ( yes, I know she is fictional ) may find her way.

Thanks for the opportunity to use my time well.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Yeah it was ok, but lets be honest the only reason he didn't take Paige up on her offer was because he knew he'd still suck in bed. The embarrassment of having got to his 30s before learning to be considerate and thoughtful must have been overwhelming. But honestly it's very hard to care about a grown adult that can't perform in bed ... because it shows a complete lack of awareness and a degree of selfishness that would not simply be confined to the bedroom.

Also after reading a number of these stories my impression of gyms is that they are full of cucks and those desperately trying to not be cucked ... but what those people should be thinking about is what is my partner doing while I'm at the gym.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Bravo. Very well crafted. By turns heartbreaking and heartwarming. You are an excellent author with great insight.

AngelRiderAngelRider12 months ago

How sloppy does one have to be to repeatedly write the wrong name for an established character. Heaven forbid one do a little thing like proofread.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wow! It took a while but he finally grew up!

Very cool that he, finally, got an accurate perspective on his Ex. Admittedly, he criticisms were accurate, and maybe justified, but after the fact, she should have stepped to the plate and helped her husband. THEN, if he blew that off, what follows is totally on him.

Good story !

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nope

paaragdepaaragdeabout 1 year ago

Very well written with quite a few lessons to be taken from Thank you

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

I thought it was a great story! I got a little put off with the slow start and the main character flopping around aimlessly. The ex wife needed to be taken down a couple of notches.

Pappy7Pappy7about 1 year ago

Wow, I haven't commented on this story yet. How can that be seeing as how opinionated I am. Well, I liked it, gave it a 5 which is rare these days. And I enjoyed it a lot. So, thanks for the story and the entertainment.

tonyneatotonyneatoabout 1 year ago

reversal of roles. great story ! wife was superficial as shit. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
Re: Last anonymous comment

Javmor is one of the very few LW authors who does show genuine insight into human motivation and his characters behave like real people.

PB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very well written story that employed 'real' people with realistic emotions and reactions.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindover 1 year ago

Credible characters and situations. Paige's character and motivations can't be explored in detail because the narrative is in the first person. That's the author's privilege and a perfectly valid choice. A nice morality tale with a comfy ending. I enjoyed it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He goes to see Colleen, Upon arrival, she has him sit in her living room and tells him, we have to talk. Then, she drops the bomb on him...."Honey, I hate to say this but I have to... Dearest, I'm back with my ex. " His next time with his kids, He asks them if their mother is seeing anyone... They tell him no... So, when he drops them off at Paige's front door. Instead of leaving like he's done, he just stands there, Paige asks him if there's anything else, he half smiles and asks her if she's doing anything next Saturday night. She looks at him and asks, "Arty? Are you asking me out on a date?" Two months later, they re-marry.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Javmor has stressed the point that convoluted and lengthy explanations are, well, unnecessary.

You just can't convince someone who's decided not to do it.

It applies to the characters and commentators alike.

Great story.

5

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

The story is an excellent statement of insecurity, both in wounded individuals, and in the ones who wound; of some who help a lot, of overcoming a dreadful betrayal, of finding a new path, and more.

Your essay at the end is excellent too, should be redone as a separate "how-to" to commenters, for appreciating a niche which does what very good stories should do, what literature is supposed to do. Speak to the reader, divert them for a little from make him or her think, even out of their comfort zone, and maybe move them somehow. They don't have to be little morality plays, but we do live in a world and are a species underwritten with a moral dimension, and fiction which does not somehow relate to that risks not connecting to the readers; one where thoughts on life can be shared and reacted to.

AlanDavidAlanDavidover 1 year ago

This 3 part series was outstanding. I really enjoyed the read. No injuries, no accidents, no violence. Was a der interesting & a spellbinding story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 stars from me. Thanks for your efforts. Alan

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Damn good story! People never realize what they have until it's gone and then it's too late.

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Men age like wine. It is always proud to be a MAN. A women who backstab her husband when he is down hill deserve every misery in her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whew! Had me worried for a little while late on there. I feared it was veering towards the most unwarranted recon. of all time but the MC stuck manfully to the task and shed the most significant weight of all; Paige.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
@MasterKote

I don’t think he was “trying” to be a better person. He had already become a better person, because he was now focused on himself and his own good qualities, his “80%”. The things that made him a real man, the new “man in the mirror”. He didn’t have the desire to beat up on his ex-wife anymore, because he didn’t hate her OR love her. He was past that, because he was moving forward with his life. She was yesterday’s news.

The “ultimate revenge” - living well.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

A few words on "cameo characters." If it's important that a character needs to be Person A from Story X, then it requires that the reader has read AND remembers Story X. If it's NOT important, then why not Generic Person B?

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Our MC, sort of like the Phoenix, rising out of the ashes for a second chance at life. We all have that chance for a do-over its called tomorrow. We can learn and change our attitude for us not someone elase but you have to want to change and that requires understanding yourself and how you feel about things and why. God! What's wrong with me getting all philosophical? You know, I fuigured it out, I've been reading LW and even Romance stories for years. They have given me a little more understanding about life and love and marriage. To all you authors out there keep writing, you all have different isights on life that give us new ways of looking at things/ 5 stars and thank you.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Damn. Thanks. I enjoyed this tremendously.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

I can see y he didn't throw more words during their last argument because he wanted to be a better person, which was too bad. I wish he would've destroyed her in words then but I don't think she rationalized in his thinking either. Moral of the story is to communicate, otherwise a marriage won't last

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I enjoyed reading the three stories. I hope anyone reading this, who as a partner who they really loved, but as gone, or his going to seed, talk serious to them about it, before giving up on then, you just never realise what your going to lose before it's to late.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fun fat to fit story. Five!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Few comments from the medical, it's what I do, on the physiologic effects of obesity.

The abilty to withstand physiologic and,psycho-emotional stress is,significantly degraded. Also a concurrent, and progress, lean muscle disuse atrophy occurs. Jointly these two issue result endless fatigue, emotional lethagy and psycholigical decline.

Fro the sex performance aspect loss of agressive regular exercise is DIRECTLY correlated to severe testosterone production.

Worse, the counter hornone, ESTROGEN, is produce significant quantities because thst is one of the functions of fat: concurrently the body becomes slowly feminized both physiologically [think man boobs], ACCELLERATED decline in lean miscle mass (beginning to see the negative feed back loops here). So sever emotional and physucal fatigue, sub-normal testosterone levels, significant serum levels of estrogen, in combination, are a nearly perfect receipe for imporence or severely substandard sexual performance

Add in here that sever testosterone defiency is,directly linked to insidious covert depression

More ?: Direct correlation to hypertension, heart disease, stroke, premature joint degeneration; low back, hips and knees.

TYPE 2 DIABTES which worse ALL OF THE ABOVE by several ordrs of magnitude.

One last point gentlemen. Do you truly believe a woman is turned by a semi-flacid dick [see reases above] hidden in rolls,of fat

You don't wanna be that guy? The make a decision to be a different and better guy.

How ? GYM AND TRAINER (U need him. Don't argue), Clinical dietician: Your diet changes today. All the shit food goes into the can. See your a physician who specializes i male hormonal issues and do what he directs.

Last part and the hardest. Take a nude front and profile picture and taoe them the the bathroom mirror. Next to it place a before and after photo of a man in your age area. Above all this place a note. I'm gonna THAT GUY. Oh, every month replace the nudes with an update

Last. As you drop belt sizes have the clothing re tailored to you new size or destroy them and replace them. Yes, put some skin in the game.

Very last, I promise. The most FAT, not just weight, you should lose is 5 pounds a month. If you commit that goal is sound.

So, given the above you have a choice. 1. Do nothing and suffer the consequence or, 2. Make a decision change. The results and consequences rest on your head and no one else's. Want to know what you chose, take a look at what you've got.

FROM OUR SEAL BROTHERS

THERE IS NO EASY DAY.

Good luck brothers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was a magnificent treatise the evolutionary changed in the areas personal responsibilit, clinging to victimized as an excuse to for failure, courage, self denial and self delusion. Beyond that the concurrent pain and struggle to reinvent yourself into a better person.

The MC initially is displayed as a fat, self absorbed man with no respect anyone, not even, and especially himself. [No one lets their body go to hell without purposeful neglect. His sheer arrange demands a pass and approval just way he is WITH NO effort on his part] For the first 1/2 this story he is an unending displace of self-pity, refusal to accept responsibility and project his failure as a man being due someone else's fault.

In point of fact he is an abject failure in every area except being a good dad. He was a,truly loathsome thing and, initially, I didn't blame Peg to much for dumping him; however, to that point, she really didn't do a great deal to stop the avalanche either. Also fucking the guy in his bed was despicable. Worse, she felt justified.

On the positive side his metamorphosis from the trash heap to a man remaid, both internally and externally, was a study worthy self reflection by all of us.

The sexual aspects were handled in an appropriately sensitive relative to the scene. At the end he realized that what he loved was the memory of what Peg loved not Peg now. Better, he finally owned his responsibility in the failure of his marriage.

Peg, on the other hand, is,revealed to be a person predominately influence by externals [his new body] and confident, self possessed man her husband had become.

Her fling over, with nothing to show for it AND unable to manipulate him back to her bed, finally lifted the curtin of her shallowness, delusional self righteousness to reveal a bleak future.

I though this story just short of brilliant...and,something every couple at the 15 yr mark SHOULD read. With counseling then I think they will be horrified how they have slowly drifted from each other. Complacency, without some compelling force to blow it up, is eventually fatal. The author has displayed that point brilliantly.

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyover 1 year ago

‘Javmor79’ you are a very good writer a brilliant story although the BTB die-hards would say there was no burning. I say there was and it was subtle. The bitch got burned and admitted it even if it was only to herself. Nothing like getting revenge that is sweet and makes the person realize WHAT he/she lost! And this one lost a lot. I was really very sorry for Arthur when she told him he was a fat overweight slob who could not even find her clit after 5-minutes of lazy oral sex. When she bragged about if only he came earlier when her caught them in the shower he would have seen what type of woman she was when she was with a man who knew what he was doing. That was one of the cruelest things to say to any man. I’m so glad the tables got turned and he actually said the same words verbatim. It is exactly what happens to all cheaters when the affair is not illicit anymore; they lose interest for Derrick was not going to be step father to the twins. He was only interested in the mother - a fuck buddy. GREAT STORY – FULL MARKS!!! 5-Stars! This could be a novel – even a movie!

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Nice turn around for Arthur, I almost tuned him out completely after chap 1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Kind of took the feelings we all have all of our lives; let them play out in our relationships; and did it in a 'Loving Wives' format. Thank you, for the entertainment.

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Five stars indeed. Arthur grew as a person; Lance grew as a person; Paige, will she grow? Will she ever know herself? Or is what she would see (her character) in the mirror too bad to be faced?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great one ... one in a million!!! Not this unbelivable cuck crap!!! A story that felt real

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

Great story, very well written. I’m so glad he didn’t take Paige back. The only thing missing is an aluminum baseball bat that Derrick needed to encounter after everything was finished between them.

ZebcannonZebcannonalmost 2 years ago

I liked reading all 3 chapters. My only comment would be that it took almost a full year before Arthur found out that his wife's comments effected him in the bedroom so to speak.

Anyway it still was a good read. Congrats. Pat yourself on the back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story. The following is offered to help you enhance the presentation:

"mine" is a possessive pronoun. It means "belonging to me".

"mine's" is just an error

"Shit" (not "shitted") is the past tense of "shit".

"the fault lied with him" That would mean both he and "the fault" both told a lie.

"the fault lay with him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brilliant even after the 3rd time of reading.

Nick_MichaelsNick_Michaelsabout 2 years ago

The best revenge is a life well lived

You are a very skilled writer. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a great story. I almost left in ch. 1, because of all of his whining and self pity. But it was actually redeeming and inspiring. I'm overweight and my sex life is uninspiring. So I actually found the shame, disappointment, determination and pain of Art to be inspiring. I got to get to the gym and fuck my wife later.

FraserWayneFraserWayneabout 2 years ago

I gave the first 2 chapters only a 3. However, I didn't judge and kept reading. You tied it up so well in this last chapter, it was quite uplifting. That's why I believe it rates a 5. Looking forward to more of your work.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

You played Paige perfectly. Cheaters are selfish centered individuals who have a million excuses that all boil down to what I call "The Raven Syndrome". It centers around the question: "What about me"? Paige had very little character and only in fucking a guy did she find any self-worth. I mean her whole discussion with her husband centered around her need to get lauded and his not measuring up to her expectations. One wonder point, however as she was never described as a raving beauty. Only in short story do we find a "good self-conflicted" person come out on top this quickly. Don't kid yourself, however as many people rise above the 20% want zone and live a productive life. Great short story telling on the writer’s part. Also, unless you only have eyes for BTB themes, you should love this one. BTRH...

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyabout 2 years ago

I'm a fan of BTB and it has always been about the Discovery, the Confrontation and then the Actual Burning! I was getting bored with this wimp and I know you wanted us to experience him as a very decent a wimp who always took this bitch in consideration and never embarrassed her even though she deserved embarrassment from the discovery. He considered everybody but himself a very decent fellow that has always kept the peace, Towards the end she asked Arty, “Do you still love me?” He did not answer immediately but had many emotions and thoughts going through him – Their wedding day her in an angelic bridal gown, the birth of the twins and how beautiful she was with one in each hand but … “This Paige was the one on her knees in the shower with another man. This Paige lashed out in anger and cut me so deep that it took an entire year to recover. As much as I loved the former Paige, this one was equally unlovable.” This was the first time that you brought me back to this being a BTB story and this bitch was now getting burned – Nothing Nuclear but burning she was decently from a decent guy and that is what made it so painful being paid back in coin and having you own words thrown in your face almost verbatim. You spin a very good yarn although and I think he should have waking up much earlier almost 5 pages earlier and would have been just as effective. 4 -Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The anon from a month ago is one of those with the false bravado. They are embarrassed when details hit to close to home. Think he pictures himself on his knees puking his guts out.

People react to situations differently and there is no reason to be embarrassed or make fun of anyone having to deal with some of life's most difficult experiences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Marriage is hard but divorce sooooo much worse. My marriage was 40 years ago, the divorce 20. I couldn't take either one again. Thanks for the tale! (2nd time through.)

somewhere east of Omaha

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

I gave 4 stars. I would have liked to hear her really apologising to him for the way she treated him. It seems to have been forgotten by many that she cold heartedly cheated for who knows how long. If she had spoken to him before the cheating, about her concerns and separated before she found a lover there might have been a way back. However, she is a very shallow person who looked at the cover of the book instead of what's inside. Still a great story.

dawg997dawg997about 2 years ago

You are an excellent storyteller, and your writing style is easy to read and become immersed in the story.

Thanks for your efforts.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 2 years ago

Nice little story by a good writer. 5 stars thanks. Good character development and good story story about life. Sort of like Forest Gump, but different. Didn't get wood but held my attention. All the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can't really have much of an opinion on this one as I did not get very far into it...you blew it at the start.. A man/husband does not run outside to throw up when he walks in on a wife having sex with someone else,he gets pissed, just how pissed determines if there is jail time. Curb time for wife immediately for sure.. tried to get past that, but could not get past the dialog that never should have happened between the husband and wife,no husband goes into why she did or whats he done for her to step out. Once and Done!..on top of that you had 'her' suggest they should divorce and he questions it?? come on man where are you coming with that. Anyway thats' as far as I could go. Cant handle B.S. .. Its as if someone else is writing this story so no interest in it.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

enjoyable story about 1 man's life. will have to think long and hard about the 80/20 rule, it was interesting. Even though all the Loving Wife stories that involve a cheating wife, it seems they are rather shallow or self centered women always wanting more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Paige..."I made a mistake giving up on us. On you."...

not a mistake... it was an unintended blessing....actually, Paige did Arthur an enormous favor... he was finally activated and motivated enough to do something to change his complacent and deprecatating self-image... if she had not set the fire he would have just continued his own self-destruction... Arthur should be thanking Paige for the motivation to change and get his life on the right track.

reshalanreshalanover 2 years ago

Великолепная история! Я получил истинное удовольствие от её прочтения!

ggariousggariousover 2 years ago

One of the best LW stories I’ve read. A solid 5.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 2 years ago

This one was a home run!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

your story/s deserves all the good reviews. keep writing,you well written stories are enjoyable to read as they are true to real life as possible though fiction,which seem to evade most authors on this site. keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, Glad to read it was not a RAAC, or Nasty BTB either. Everyone reaped what they had sown. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A fantastic story.

I revelled in Arhurs change, in his progress into being a man. I even felt sorry for Paige, who finally saw the Arthur she always wanted but lost. I was happy for Colleen.

It was a great story because it didn’t vilify one person or another, it showed us that they were human: flawed, insecure and hurt; but capable of change, growth and love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, we all have issues in our lives and this story really illustrates them. Half way through this story I became a little nauseous, not because of the story, but how it made me feel. Thanks for writing this.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Inspirational story with deep investigation on personality development

Personality is not just your physic but your overall including emotions and actions

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Powersworder was on target with his evaluation of their early sexual problems. How many of us hold back due to lack of confidence? Too many, I'm sure. The part about Colleen giving Author advice about what to do while making love is so very accurate. If more wives told their husbands what would send them to the big O life would be much happier for both of them. And yes, the same holds true for the husband. Tell the wife what gets your motor reeved up without worrying that she would think you are strange. Hell, you might discover that she has some interesting ideas of her own.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories