All Comments on 'Man of War Ch. 06'

by unknownauthor29

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sounding line

I am surprised you did not mention use of a sounding line while moving through the reef. It would be common sense to use one. Even modern ships use Sonic Depth Finders.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Feedback

I personally would appreciate the relationship with Jane, but you should follow your voice for this story.

misternikmisternikover 4 years ago
Master your own ship

Write what you want, and ignore the critics. If they do/don't want certain content, they should take the effort to write their own stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great sea story

I am greatly enjoying this story. I look forward to each new chapter and the slowly expanding world. The sea story is great. Combine that with the unique setting in this world, with a tantalizing tease of magic, and we have a great tale. The sexual component is enjoyable while not overwhelming the story line and the learning of the history and social morales of this society adds to the overall effect.

The storyline with Jane does not disturb me at all and is quite enjoyable. I whichever way it heads will be fine.

I look forward to the next chapters. Keep the story coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Incest is not necessary for the story.

The story is very good and developing well. I am looking forward to the future chapters. Starting something with his sister is adding unnecessary complexity, could trivialize the romance aspects and is not necessary to keep us interested.

ncpetencpeteover 4 years ago
It is your story

Write using your imagination and story line. Incest/Taboo is the largest section of this site by far above all else. Over 436 thousand stories in that section which should tell you that the majority of the readers/writers on this site have no issues reading it in the context of the stories. If someone has an issue, there are plenty of other stories they can read if they want. They aren't the one writing the story. Good luck with it, don't let those that are not confident enough to even put their names to the comment steer you away from your story line and content. Good luck with it, I for one have been enjoying the story. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the future chapters. Thanks for sharing your imagination and hard work with us.

ncpetencpeteover 4 years ago
Censored Comment

Apparently the management doesn't like honest opinions. I have enjoyed your stories. I simply said that you are the one writing your story and incest/taboo is the largest section of this site therefore the majority of the writers and readers obviously have no issue with it. Write it the way you want, those that don't like it have other stories available if they choose to go elsewhere. Looking forward to your next post.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I wanna see hot incest

I wanna see him and his sis together

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Personally, I quite like the incestuous part of certain stories, but I feel that in this particular story, it might (perhaps not a certainty) detract from the story. And when it comes to reading stories, quality is everything. The storyline that is ongoing right now is very good just the way it is, so while personally I would like to see an incest scene, I believe that it would make the quality of the story slightly worse if it does get added. The teasing I feel is fine, it adds to the story, so dont change that. Anyway, keep up the great work!

-RebelSympathyzr

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Enjoying the story so far, not sure if the mores of incest have been touched on in the story as yet, but looking forward to whatever adventure awaits Shepard and company.

bwpkodiakbwpkodiakover 4 years ago
Your story your way

I agree with misternik it is your story write it how you want if you don’t want the brother sister sex don’t write it this a fantastic story and you should follow your own heart as to where it goes!!

steveb51steveb51over 4 years ago

Let them, it seems to be an open society

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

When Jane was first introduced I remember thinking “there’s just no way they aren’t going to get together eventually.” I think it’s the logical progression for them based on the nature of their relationship and characterization as you’ve already portrayed it, as well as their close physical proximity during the voyage.

So my perspective is that prior characterization and plot both naturally lead to them becoming lovers, and teasing it only to pull back from it now would feel contrived.

I think you can and should tease it for a while longer though, and of course if you do decide to run with it, it shouldn’t become a major focus of the story. More of a “now he has three lovers and the third happens to be his sister” kind of thing. An adventure story with an incest component, not an incest story with an adventure component.

Also, I’m guessing that the incest category here gets more hits than the rest put together. I don’t think the brother/sister action would be a problem for most of your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Little sis

You have made jane too beautiful to leave alone at this point bring on the incest

scruffnzscruffnzover 4 years ago

I don't think it's needed and at the end of the day, there's a ship full of men and women so it wouldn't be hard for someone to find poor Jane

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Your story.....

If you don't want that relationship, don't put it in. This is a very good story and I don't think it will detract from that either way. Or you could write some alternate chapters. My own feelings are to bring it on as they both seem to have deeper than normal feelings for each other. I would caution not to let it interfere with the Leliana relationship though. Of course, if you intend on Leliana falling overboard and disappearing (I hope not)......

Nikodemus00Nikodemus00over 4 years ago

If you want to add that element, go for it! I'll enjoy the story with or without it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Incest

I wont be offended either way. You could always write in an injury and they determine medically they don't share the same blood further testing reveals they arent actually blood relatives....yada yada yada..... It's your story and I am here because of your other stories and because I enjoy Your writing and look forward to whatever you write

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Nothing wrong with incest.

The two get marooned on an island, with or without the doc and priestess... preferably with. Then the 4 can keep themselves warm and not get bored during the day.

PrivatePervPrivatePervover 4 years ago
Incest

It's honestly up to you because its your story but I think a sex scene between him and Jane would be very entertaining but I don't know about a relationship especially because you have me very interested in him and Leliana's relationship maybe just a once in a while occurrence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No Incest Please

Just no .. plain and simple .. NO .. there are a bunch of randy sailors on the ship she can satisfy herself with .. just no to incest please ..

my two-knuts worth ..

;-}~

JaekartJaekartover 4 years ago
Perhaps a wrong turn ??

With your character generation and the plot of the story as it is developing, having John and Jane become intimate this early in the adventure, to me would be a distraction to the plot. To me, it would take away from the marvelous story you are telling, and make it just another stroke work. If it just burns away in your thoughts to have it, by all means write it. Right now, they have all stepped into the unknown, so a focus on that should, to me at least, be the next step. Just my two pennies worth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Of course there should be incest

So one or two object, big deal, the majority would welcome it gladly. The most popular category by far on the whole site. Any story in any genre that includes that dynamic is always the most popular. One or two who say no thanks are just that.... one or two. Please include the whole harem including the sister. Way hotter....

moon76dragonmoon76dragonover 4 years ago
John and Jane? Absolutely!

I couldn't disagree more with those who are opposed to the story taking this turn. As you mentioned yourself, sibling relationships are very popular on Literotica, and as long as your story is well written (which, thus far, it absolutely has been), I don't think you'd lose the interest of as many readers as you might think. In fact, I'd venture to say that, while some might indeed be put off, you would actually GAIN at least as many readers as you'd lose, and perhaps even more, from among those who seek out such stories. The only thing I'd recommend if you DO pursue this would be to have affairs between them develop slowly, as each of them questions the ramifications in the cold light of sobriety, and perhaps takes awhile to overcome any residual guilt and embarrassment over going as far as they already have before eventually giving in to their obviously shared desires.

Just my two pieces of silver, of course, as at the end of the day it's YOUR story and you should be writing it as you see fit. Don't let a handful of comments, including this one, sway you one way or the other, as ultimately the number of people who comment will inevitably be only a small fraction of those who have actually read the story.

BlackkingBlackkingover 4 years ago

I have nothing against incest, but I don't need it especially, so it's up on you to choose :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Breakdown in good order

There is already a breakdown in good order -- Jane (who John intended to treat like any other junior office) is the only command officer with him for meals. (Having a relationship with staff officers may be tolerable, but under no circumstances does that extend to command officers.) His XO should be joining him, but apparently feels uncomfortable doing so. Meanwhile, one j.g. is with him every meal? Even without an incest scene, this is already bad for morale and discipline as he is most definitely not treating his sister as any other Acting LT. Such a relationship would show very poor judgment on the part of a Captain.

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 4 years ago
Catastrophe on the Horizon, Captain!

So far this is a very good story, which I am enjoying. Looking at the comments, I think a lot of others feel the same way. It is kind of slow moving though, plot-wise. Good sex scenes, our bold captain is a randy fellow indeed.

Lots of room for negative comments about the ship, if this was a Historical Adventure story. But it isn't, is it? This is Sci-Fi.

What are we going to find just over the horizon in a few days time? Some kind of blockade by modern naval warships? A fog bank that results in him looking at the Great Barrier Reef right where he came through it when the fog breaks?

How about the good ship Dunkirk sailing toward him looking brand new, with full original crew only a few days older than when they left the harbor?

As for sex with the sister, well, the guy is already screwing way more than his share of the ship's resources! Several hundred crewmen, a handful of female officers which seem to be the captain's now or future harem. Sniff, sniff, smells like trouble to me.

Let's just wait and see what the next chapter in this voyage brings us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please don't

Please don't continue further in this route. Teasing and stuff is fine but actually going for it is both out of character and a turn off for a lot of readers.

Kind regards

Undead Dragon

AukweirdAukweirdover 4 years ago
Your story to tell

It's your story to tell, so tell it your way. I'll read it, and enjoy it no matter how you tell it.

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
late to the series

I find the possible relationship between brother & sister, Captain & Lieutenant, incredibly exciting! Going forward, I hope you ignore the negative comments along this line. This is Literotica... 'erotic' is the key and this train of thought, is definitely erotic! The adventure is alluring in and of itself but wow! the possibilities !!!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 4 years ago

I would leave the incest out of it. Find her another lover. Shipboard life is already sufficiently complicated and high-pressure due to the fact that people can't get away from each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only 3 parts remaining and no way the story ends. I hope this author returns to this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userunknownauthor29@unknownauthor29
Long time writer of fan fiction across various sites. Uploading here as most of my stories do have an erotic edge. Try to avoid writing plain porn, but I do get carried away in some chapters, which turn into nothing but a few thousand words of smut. The Dragonborn Comes - A m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES