Managing Expectations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's easy Ben. You say you're happily married but I don't think that's true at the moment."

"What do you mean?"

"Reading between the lines dear -- oh yes, right there, get that knot out -- your work situation has caused unhappiness at home recently."

I applied a bit more pressure, "That's true. There has been a strain."

"Your wife expects you to fix it, so you came here to fix it. It won't be the last time you're expected to step up when problems develop. Oh and you haven't asked, but sleeping with Jeff Brown had nothing to do with business. It was your presentation that sealed the deal. What happened after was just recreation."

She couldn't see me, but I nodded, mainly about what she said about Belinda. I had wondered about the other part, though. I was glad she offered that up. I was glad to hear she'd gotten where she'd gotten on merit. She certainly was impressive in that respect.

She continued, "The same is true in my marriage. I make twice what he does and am on track to make much more than that over the course of our marriage. I accept the role of being the main provider for the family. In order to get into that position and maintain it, I have to deal with pressures our spouses can't understand. Nor should they have to."

I was listening as I continued to work on her lower back. I was sure I'd be encouraged to go all the way down to her ass at some point. "I think I see. I mean it though when I say that I am happy with my wife. You are the first time I've had sex with someone else while we've been married. I see myself as monogamous, although I hasten to add should work bring us into contact again I'm happy to put your needs first."

I think she giggled, at least that's what it sounded like, "That's fine if you want to keep things that way. Things may change, though, especially after you have children. You may find that the dynamic has changed between you two, but you'll still be expected to be the problem solver and continue to pursue your career. That part won't change. You may revisit your thoughts on this in the future. Go lower."

I did start massaging her ass as I thought about the future. What I did with Maddy tonight was going to be an exception, a not unpleasant task that needed to be done. I doubted the path I took would be the same as the one Maddy had taken. To each their own. I massaged her in silence a bit longer. The evening was likely coming to a close and I still had a call to Belinda to make.

There was one box left unchecked between Maddy and I though. She knew it better than I did. 15 minutes later found me on my back and her straddling me, "Time for your final exam."

As she guided my cock into her pussy, it part of it still felt so wrong. It also felt so good.

She started talking as she began to ride me, "What have you learned?"

"You're in charge; I'll be a team player."

"Good. What else?"

"I'll say anything you want right now." She laughed a bit.

"Brat. Let's recap; can you be a team player?"

"Yes."

"Can you respect management?"

"Yes."

"Do you understand that you are putting the company over yourself?"

"Yes!"

"Then fuck me. And don't try to please me, please me."

I did my best. I didn't spend the night and I wasn't invited to I was asked to leave discreetly. That was fine because I had a call to make to Belinda, one I was very eager to make. I had received assurances, both verbal and non-verbal, that Maddy thought I would be a great corporate asset for the rest of my career.

Five years later, my life was very different. Belinda and I had two children and we were discussing a possible third at some point. I had received a second promotion and was indeed able to spend a lot more time with Belinda and our children. I was able to be there for the births, help change the diapers and not miss out on all of the wonderful little moments you experience watching kids grow up.

I did see Maddy again a few times over the years. It got more frequent the higher I advanced. We usually didn't have sex, but we did a couple of more times after that. I was very discreet; It wasn't coerced, I'd found a mentor and someone who was an ally within the company. I learned the higher you advanced the more of those that you needed.

I was in a suite with an employee in front of me. It was five years later in San Antonio in my suite on the River Walk. I was there to woo a client. I was essentially doing the same job Maddy had done in Aspen. I was interrupted in my reverie by Amy, the person sent to make the creative pitch to the client. She was 25 and had made it clear to me that she was eager to advance and felt that because she was so good at her current job she was being denied that opportunity.

"What?"

I sipped my glass of wine before answering. "I'm sure you understood me. You've mentioned your expectations and I gave my response. Feel free to show yourself out if you don't like the answer."

I watched as she considered than began undressing. We'd have to discuss her underwear choices. I'd learned from the best.

Thanks to my editor Black Randi without whom this story would not have been submitted on time. Thanks to Q for hatching this mad idea and forcing me to write more than one story every 6 weeks. As always, I try to respond to every comment posted the first two days after this story is published. I always answer emails. If you liked my story or hated it, I appreciate comments.