Mañana - A Better Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Looking good!" Desdemona said as she peeked through the curtain.

"Hey!" Emily squeaked, covering her chest.

"What? Your ass looks really sexy in that little thing. Might want to wax though." Desdemona said, stepping in behind her, "I can see your cute little pubes sticking out here."

She put her arms around Emily and played with her nether hair.

"Get out!" Emily squeaked, pushing Desdemona out of the changing room.

"Alright, alright. I'll tell you something though, you can't easily do a complete bikini wax on your own. You're gonna need someone to help you and I am the best at it." Desdemona said proudly as she crossed her arms, "Might as well let me see your cute little body now."

"Oh great." Emily mumbled, putting on the top, "At least with small boobs I don't need to worry about the tiny bikinis up top."

She sighed and put the loose white hip skirt around her waist and covered up the bikini bottom.

"Alright, how's this." Emily said, opening the curtain.

"You're white as a sheet. Get some tanning oil and lay on the beach for a few days." Desdemona said harshly.

"Bite me!" Emily squeaked, pulling the curtain closed, "I used to live in New York. You don't get sun with buildings like that around."

"That explains a lot. So let's see some of those other clothes." Desdemona said.

Emily huffed and took off the skirt. She pulled on a pair of tight tan shorts and then pulled on a blue tank top.

"How's this." Emily said, opening the curtain again.

"Very fitting. You look like a high school boy." Desdemona said.

"You're an ass." Emily snapped, picking up her clothes, "How much for all the clothes?"

"Ohh...I think I'll cut you a deal. How about twenty bucks?" Desdemona said and Emily paid her.

"That's all? Okay." Emily said, holding the shirts, shorts and bikinis in her arms, "Do you have a bag?"

"Sure. But you'll have to bring it back." Desdemona said, pulling a cloth sack from behind the counter, "Loosen up sweetheart. One day or another I want to fuck you silly. You're damn cute, you just need to get rid of this city-girl gloom around you."

She smacked Emily on the ass as she walked out. Emily squeaked and huffed, walking out quickly with her new clothes in a bag. She walked back across the street and into the bar.

"Desdemona's an annoying pervert." Emily said flatly.

"With huge tits." Jim laughed.

"No kidding." Emily sighed.

"New clothes look good on you though." Jim said, "I bet that bikini G-string looks really good on you."

"How...you...oh you two set me up didn't you!" Emily huffed.

"Oh I wouldn't do that...but Desdemona might've hidden all the normal swim suits in the back yesterday." Jim chuckled.

"Ohhh! You asses! She had me wearing this tiny little thing!" Emily squeaked angrily.

She stormed out of the bar and back across the road.

"She really needs to loosen up. I thought Desdemona could do it, but she is really wound tight." Jim chuckled, leaning back against the bar.

*******

An hour later, Emily was putting her new clothes away in her hut. She had gotten Desdemona to let her have a normal bikini that actually covered her decently. Her new bikini was blue with orange flowers across the breasts. She hadn't been hiding any shorts or anything though, the short shorts she had was all she was going to get. But at least those were decent.

"Damn crazy slut." Emily mumbled to herself as she took off the tiny G-string and small top that she had been wearing under the shorts and tank-top.

She put them away in the drawer and put on the nice blue bikini. She still wasn't that comfortable in it because she didn't wear bikinis all that often, but this at least covered up everything it needed to. She had a mind to go swimming today. The ocean was crystal clear and a gentle breeze blew waves up on the shore and she had been bristling to explore the cool waters since she got here. Now she had a nice bikini and some other clothes, she could go do just that.

As always, when she walked out the front of the hut and down the soft sand, her worries and thoughts just melted away like a sand castle under the ocean's tide. Each splash of the waves just washing away more and more stress. Something truly miraculous about those tranquil waters. Walking down the wide beach, she stepped into the splashing waves and walked out until she was up to here hips in the water. The ocean was warm and pleasant here, softly moving around her legs and caressing her skin.

"Here goes." Emily said, taking a deep breath.

She slipped forward, sliding into the gently moving waves. The water around her was crystal clear. The sun shone brightly all the way to the ocean floor. Colorful fish and skittish little crabs moved away from her as she swam forward. The ocean slowly grew deeper but it stayed just as beautiful. Rocky outcroppings and colorful sea plants started to fill the ocean floor around her. Bigger and more colorful schools of fish started to appear. Taking a deep breath, she turned over and dipped down into the water, swimming downward. She let herself sink down as the ocean moved around her. Things weren't completely clear through her eyes since she had no goggles on, but it was still beautiful. She could see for what felt like miles.

Bubbles slowly escaped her mouth as she floated towards the ocean floor. Her feet touched on some clean spots of sand and she looked around. It felt amazing to be so deep under the water. The ocean surface gently moved around almost ten feet above her. As a small tropical fish swam up to her and nipped at her finger, she realized that this was why she came here. To be under the waves and enjoy the ocean. For the first time since she got here, absolutely nothing was troubling her or was on her mind. It took that feeling to realize how, even when she thought she was peaceful, things still troubled her mind even when she didn't realize it. She was so used to always having some problems in her head.

But not here. Not under the ocean like this. Her mind was as clear as the water around her and she felt like she could just swim to the surface and fly away. This feeling of total uncaring abandon was the best thing she had ever felt in her life. As her head started to get light from the lack of air, she blew a few more bubbles and kicked off. It only took her a few seconds to reach the surface and take a deep breath of clean, Caribbean air.

Her entire body seemed to sigh with relief as air permeated her lungs. She turned onto her back and kicked gently against the waves of the ocean. The sky above her was the most shockingly beautiful blue she had ever seen. Strips and tufts of puffy white clouds drifted lazily overhead and she let her arms spread out away from her.

She floated happily on her back, finally content with the world.

*******

Emily had a rather nice day altogether. She had caught a couple of fish with Leo's pole and had Jim show her how to gut and clean it. She had found some fire-starting stuff in the cabin and got her fish cooked down on the beach. It had been an all-around relaxing day.

She still hadn't figured out what to do when it got dark out. There were no lights in the hut and she was yet to find a flashlight. So as the sun went down, she put the scooter back behind the cabin and sank down on the couch, watching the orange glow of the sun slowly disappear from the ocean. She was still wearing her bikini, having spent a good portion of the day swimming.

As the sun went down, she found herself feeling something she hadn't in quiet a long time. After seeing Desdemona today and seeing her bare breasts, Emily found herself still thinking about her. She leaned back on the old couch and spread her legs.

"Haven't done this in a while..." Emily sighed, rubbing her fingers down the front of her bikini.

In high school, Emily had rather enjoyed masturbating often. It seemed like it had been years since she had felt any sexual pleasure at all.

She pulled her top up and started to rub one of her nipples softly. Her hand pushed down into her bikini and rubbed along her pussy. To Emily's amazement, she found herself getting quite wet as she thought about Desdemona. She could still feel Desdemona's breasts on her face and her hands on her ass. Her finger slipped slowly into her pussy and Emily let out a soft moan.

"Ahhh...didn't think I had missed this as much as I do..." Emily moaned, pushing another finger into her wet slit.

She pulled one of her legs up on the couch and pushed her fingers deeper. A powerful pleasure seeped outward from her pussy, making her legs and crotch tingle wonderfully. Her head laid back against the top of the couch and she let out another long moan. Her bikini was starting to get wet with her juice. Turning sideways, she laid along the length of the couch and pinched one of her nipples.

"Oh yes! It's good!" Emily moaned, her pelvis squirming around.

She rubbed her thumb against her clit, rubbing it from both the front and back with her fingers. She cried out with ecstasy and arched her back on the couch. She moaned joyfully and came. Her pussy clenched wonderfully around her fingers, making her moan and cry out. Her body collapsed back onto the couch, hot and sweaty. Her breath was short and her head buzzed with wondrous ecstasy. She gave a shuddering sigh and closed her eyes.

Life was good.

*******

CHAPTER 5 - CHANGES IN LATITUDES, CHANGES IN ATTITUDES

Emily yawned as she woke up. She was lying in her bikini and shirt on the couch. Apparently she had fallen asleep here after masturbating successfully for the first time in a long while. She stretched and sat up. The sun was just barely starting to shine. She got to her feet and her stomach tumbled loudly.

"Oh shut up. I know. I know." Emily groaned, listening to her stomach argue back.

She was getting tired of this constant challenge for food. The supermarkets and fast food places in New York had thoroughly spoiled her, making food as easy as a phone call. Here on the island she had three choices, the bar, the sea and the foliage. As she stretched her arms above her head, she stepped through the curtain and onto the porch. Her foot knocked against something and she looked down. A coconut was in the sand, bumped there by her, and there was a mango next to her foot.

"What's this?" Emily asked, kneeling down.

She picked up the mango and the coconut, looking at them suspiciously.

"Hello?" She called out to the empty beach.

She stood there motionless for another minute before walking back inside. She set the fruit down on the small table and turned to her dresser. Her bikini bottoms were dirtied by her fun last night and so she pulled them off. Her actual underwear were also dirty, so her only choice was the immodest bikini. She quickly slipped it on and put on some shorts and a tank top over it.

Emily put all her dirty clothes into he bag that Desdemona had lent her. She decided to just keep it now after the way Desdemona had acted. Turning back to the fruit on the table, she scratched her head. There were fruit trees all around them, but if something had landed on the roof it couldn't have just stopped on the porch. Even if it did, the chance that a second piece of fruit would stop right next to it seemed impossible. She decided that someone must've placed them there. Probably a bad joke from Jim or something.

Looking across the dresser, she found a worn old knife in a leather sheath. She pulled it out and looked at it closely. It was shiny and eight inches long. The edge proved sharp as she carefully tested it on the mango. Cutting it apart, she took a large bite of the fruit and marveled at the flavor. Sitting down quickly, she cut the skin off the mango and ate piece after piece quickly. The juice dribbled down her chin as she swallowed the delicious fruit. It was succulent and burst with flavor as it moved passed her pallet. She swore that she had never tasted anything so amazingly fruity and delectable. It was just the right amount of sour to make it taste astounding.

And as delicious as it was, it was all over too soon. Only a quick few minutes later, she was left with a taste on her lips and a few peels on her table. She sighed and licked her fingers. Looking sideways at the coconut, she took the green fruit in her hands. Running the knife down the length of the shell, she peeled the green outside off. She was left with a hairy and tough brown fruit. The knife couldn't seem to get a good bite into it. She used it to carefully shave a portion of the coconut and try to grind a hole with the tip of the knife. The sharp edge slowly chewed through the outside of the coconut and bore a hole in it.

Putting her lips to the hole, she tipped it up and let the coconut milk dribble into her mouth. Unlike the mango, it wasn't sharp and bursting with flavor. Instead it was rich and sweet, moving through her mouth like a delicious syrup. It made her think of ice cream, rich and creamy. She relished every drip of the milky white drink. Just like the mango, it was over entirely too soon. Taking the coconut and the other peels outside, she tossed all the junk into the bushes behind the house and held the coconut in her hand. She took it up on the porch and set it down on the wood. Getting the knife out of the shack, she hit the coconut with the butt of it. It cracked slightly. She hit it again and it broken into a few pieces. She picked up the largest piece and carved out a good chunk of the gritty white insides.

Emily popped it in her mouth and started to chew in it. It was harder than she expected but it still tasted surprisingly good. Maybe this was all she needed, just a lot of fruit and a few fish.

*******

"So this is all they have for jobs huh?" Emily said as she looked at the board in the bar.

"Well it is a small island." Sean shrugged.

"So we have working at the plantation, helping paint a house...and helping clean the beaches." Emily sighed, "How boring."

"Maybe you should go into work for yourself. We don't have anyone on the island who sells fish. Maybe you could make some money by catching fish and trading them to people for what you need." Jim suggested, "Since the ocean seems to be what you really love."

"Yea but the best thing I've managed to catch was a tiny little thing that barely fed me. How can I catch something big enough to trade." Emily asked.

"Go out in your boat. Fish for five or six hours and then bring 'em here. I know I'd buy some of 'em. I never get enough meat in here. Always run out by lunch time and have pretty much nothing for dinner." Sean said as he washed the bar.

"So I could just catch some fish and bring them to you for some money?" Emily said to Sean.

"Yea sure. You gut and clean the little buggers and I'll give you a dollar a pound." Sean said, "Seems a fair deal."

"Fair deal? Don't you sell your fish plates for like three dollars? That's no where near a pound. You're making like five dollars a pound." Emily said flatly.

"Alright, two dollars a pound but only on the good quality stuff. None of those little sun fish or tiny tropical guys." Sean bartered, "I do gotta pay to keep the lights on and the stove running."

"Alright. So Jim, which boat is mine?" Emily asked.

"The orange one." Jim said simply.

"That's it? The orange one?" Emily asked.

"Oh yea. You'll know it when you see it." Jim chuckled.

"So how do I sail?" Emily said after a moment of silence.

"I better come with you." Jim laughed, "Can't have you sinking your boat on the first run."

"Right. Thanks." Emily nodded, "Hey Sean, mind if I just leave my scooter out front?"

"Go ahead. Nobody's gonna steal it." Sean said with a wave of his hand.

Emily smiled and walked out of the bar, Jim following her closely. They walked down to the docks with little talk and Jim pointed across the water.

"There. The one with the sunburst sails." Jim said, pointing at a sail boat with bright yellow sails.

"That definitely fits Leo." Emily chuckled, "So how do we get out there?"

Emily felt Jim wrap his arms around her and he picked her up off the ground. She squealed loudly as he spun here around and hurled her out into the water. Warm ocean water splashed around her as she sputtered and threaded water.

"What is wrong you people just saying, 'you've got to swim'." Emily said angrily as she pulled her hair out of her face.

"It's more fun this way!" Jim laughed as he dived off the dock.

"Does everyone swim to their boats?" Emily asked as Jim surfaced.

"Nah. There's a nice guy on the shore, Jamal, who runs a little paddle boat back and forth for a few quarters." Jim said, "But it's nice to swim sometimes. Come on."

He started out into the bay, swimming lazily along. Emily followed him out to the boat and they climbed up the small ladder on the back. The hull was a road-cone orange and the sails were sunburst yellow. The deck was clean white and a large silver steering wheel stood at the back of the boat.

"Alright. You want to learn sailing. It's not hard once you get the hang of it. You just have to learn how to do everything." Jim said as they dripped on the deck.

"Okay. So the sails are all wrapped around the mast like that. How do we get it up? Just pull on the ropes?" Emily asked.

"Nah. New sailboats are great. They've got so many automatic things. Watch this." Jim said, stepping up to the steering wheel.

He reached down and grabbed a large silver handle that was laying against the deck. Pulling it up straight, Emily could hear something winding up. He pushed it back down and pulled it up. She watched him pump it for a minute or two and he pushed it completely back to the deck. Something locked in loudly and there was a pulling of rope through pulleys. The sail that was wrapped around the cord from the top of the mast to the nose of the boat started to unwind. It pulled completely back to the mast and filled with wind.

"Now that sail is your headsail. It will move of it's own accord depending on the wind. It's a good sturdy sail, you don't have to worry about it much. Alright. Now this other sail here is your mainsail. It helps keep direction and keeps the ship upright. It takes a bit more work to put up. You have to unwrap it from the cross-arm here and pull it up with this winch." Jim said, pointing at the bright yellow wrap around the cross-arm, "Come help me here."

Emily followed him down onto the deck and they unwrapped the sail. He grabbed the winch handle on the mast and started to turn. The sail started to raise up. It took him a minute to pull it up the entire mast and when he did, the winch locked it in tightly. The wind was pulling on them by now and they started to move.

"Alright. Now the wind tends to go from east to west around these islands, pushing towards the gulf. Now the sail's arm will move around the mast to about thirty or forty degrees, letting you sail across the wind." Jim said, "You see? It pulls to the right side of the mast there. The boat will go sideways a little, so you have to account for that."

"Whoa, wait a second, so I can just sail sideways to the wind and it will still move forward? How on earth does that work?" Emily asked, looking up at the sail.

"Yea, look. We're moving and the wind is coming from over there and yet we're still going this way. Trust me, you don't want to go fully with the wind. That will over-canvas the sails and it will pull too hard on the mast. It can damage the boat if the wind is too strong." Jim warned, turning the wheel slightly.

"Okay, so sail a little off-angle to the wind. We're actually starting to move pretty good here." Emily said, feeling the wind flutter her wet hair around.

"Well you can get to ten or fifteen knots without too much of an effort most days." Emily said.

"How fast is that?" Emily asked, "Cuz I don't know what a knot is."

1...345678