All Comments on 'Manipulated Destiny'

by Alex the Cat

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
JustLuckyJustLuckyover 10 years ago

Good to see you writing again.

WerewolfEnthusiastWerewolfEnthusiastover 10 years ago
I loved it

I would love to see a secondary chapter to this, with the re-uniting of the family and what happens with Hannah it was just so good.

LiveCatLiveCatover 10 years ago
As awesome as ever!

I know I've come to expect beauty & excellence from your stories but you never fail to deliver both!

Once again AtC you've produced a gorgeous story, with wonderfully complex & engaging characters.

Loved every word, from the pained start to the beautiful & very hot reunion.

Thank you!

x

idrubloodidrubloodover 10 years ago
Wonderful story.

I enjoyed it very much. Such deep emotions; the good and passionate along with the sad and depressing. As always, a masterpiece of storytelling.

I was slightly thrown a couple of times in there with a few name mix ups but otherwise, brilliant.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward for anything else you might post.

IDB.

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtover 10 years ago

This was a sad story at first, but I'm glad the two lovers reunited. :) Why do people have to be so heartless? One of life's oldest mysteries...

curiousonejcuriousonejover 10 years ago
Awesome like all your story's

Great story ... But I would like to know what happen Hannah and skyler reunion with her family :))))

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Who's Kim?

yankeecatladyyankeecatladyover 10 years ago
Fantastic

Love it!!!!

WistfulSeniorWistfulSeniorover 10 years ago
Excellently Told

An excellently told story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, what happens to Hannah. Her story and life was left hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

Great story, would love a ongoing story. was cut to the end to abruptly... I need more info in Hanna and the family including the "dead" aunt!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Kim??

Who's that?

pope32767pope32767over 10 years ago
Beautiful work

Of course, this should be in "Romance", although I know all too well why it can't be. Still, I found it anyway.

The memory of the rain made me think of this little anonymous poem from the 15th century:

O western wind, when wilt thou blow

That the small rain down can rain?

Christ, that my love were in my arms.

And I in my bed again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Potential

The story has lots of potential but needs more editing. Your story also sounds like " an adolescent Radclyffe" novel. Find your own voice and characters. We expect great things from you because you are talented. This story is beneath you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome!

Just what I needed. You really have a way of writing beautiful stories. And its good to see you back this year. Keep Going

beth2323beth2323over 10 years ago
Not perfect, but I still loved it :-)

A couple of name slips & some minor errors, but the worst was the too abrupt ending! Please please continue. Would like to know what happened with Jocie & Hannah. & you could even give Skyler & Devyn a follow up ;-) ..... maybe even flesh out that daft prick FBI agent's ex's story..... I too, wish you had nothing but time to devote to many more LONG stories :-)

break213break213over 10 years ago
wow

I don't know what it is but i just love your stories. All of them I don't know how any time I've read them over. Just wow amazing. I cant wait to see what next.

dynomite01dynomite01over 10 years ago
Great as always!

Keep it up, I always love reading and re-reading your stories! I wouldn't mind more chapters on this one!

ShikeShikeover 10 years ago
I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, but this isn't your best. It's a great story, but completely unfinished. I would have liked to see some more discussion between the two couples at dinner about the situation. I think the friends deserved it. I also think the ending was a bit rushed. If you add more chapters and flesh some of these bits out (since you've already sort of played with the timeline) I think the story would come together a bit better. But as is it feels completely unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I loved it!!!

I love all of your stories... I'm glad you started posting again.. Now can you PLEASE finish Bloodline????

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I really enjoyed this!!

I loved this story! I would love to read what happens next. Please write more!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you,

Every story that you write is better than the last one.

Keep on writing. I love it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Confusing!

Maybe I'm being presumptuous by writing this before I've finished the whole story... but I'm getting so confused by all the different names going on. I thought one persons name is 'Hannah' but then in the middle of the paragraph it changes to 'Kim'??? And then goes back to 'Hannah'? Don't get me wrong here, I love Alex the Cats stories -I always have, but this one....mmm, I don't know yet...

I'll update after I've read the whole story. :-|

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not her best, but still a good story

Update to previous comment...

I'm glad Miss Alex is writing and submitting stories here again. I've definitely missed reading her work. However, that being said, I don't think this was near as good as her older stories. Too many complicated twists with the names from the beginning almost made me stop reading the story. Granted it worked out somewhere in the middle, but while first getting acquainted and acclimated to the characters and new story, well, it just didn't appeal to me personally. I continue to support Miss Alex and look forward to more new stories ahead. Thank you. :)

yankeecatladyyankeecatladyover 10 years ago
Happy

I love your stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

Really needed editing for grammar and punctuation, but it was a great story anyway. Some awkward moments (no one says things like, "it's obvious the two of you share a love that surpasses time"), but still a sexy read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
thank you

I have enjoyed every story of yours that I have read. Thank you for continuing writing, and sharing them with us. I look forward to your future submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Oh My God

Your story was so heart warming, so well thought out. I honestly was a bit confused in the beginning, but later it all started coming together. Love it, cried and then loved it a little more. Thank you so much for a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So loving

Your story is so beautifully written especially the part of longing for the lost love. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Quibbles first, praise later...

On page 1, Hannah became Kim became Hannah became Kim again. I wonder if you originally meant to call the character Kim and changed your mind when you started writing. Then near the end of the story, the bruised and bloodied Buckland, about to question his boss's decision, "chortles" his protest. "Chortle" means to chuckle or to laugh. I don't really think that Agent Arsehole was in any mood or state to chortle. (I'd bet that that old monster J Edgar Hoover would have approved of Buckland's vindictive actions, though.) Okay, Alex, whinges over. I did enjoy the story although I felt it could have done with a little more. If you ever get any suitable plot ideas, there is potential in this for several spin-off stories following other characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Prior to the party was confusing, but overall a decent story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
No.

Lots of errors. Weak storyline and weak character development. This is the worst story to make it to the hall of fame in my opinion. It had potential, but you really need to dig deeper and simplify/make your stories more believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I love your stories.

I have been delighted to find your stories, and am currently binge reading them all. I enjoy your characters, love the adventurous story lines, and like the moments of intimacy. I know how much time and effort it takes to write, and I am grateful that you have put your work into the world. Thank you, I love reading them. Please don't take bitter, scathing comments to heart. Keep writing. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the best

Fantastic story. I love all your stories. I think this one is one of your best. This is about the fourth time I'm reading your stories. I would love to see some new stories if you are still writing. (I hope so.) Your stories are some of the best on here. Your 2 characters you carry through are absolutely adorable. Again, I hope to see more.

SB

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 6 years ago
Tear stained cheeks.... again!

Yep, you might have guessed, this is not the first time I read this story, and cried through most of it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for sad, heart warming stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
ya know...

If a carny has never said "it's obvious the two of you share a love that surpasses time" to you, then you're obviously doing the relationship thing wrong.

orestes08orestes08over 5 years ago
This needs serious clarification/revision

I'm almost through the first page of this story, and I have literally no idea what's going on. I don't even know for sure how many characters are involved! Flashbacks are a fine narrative device to use, it's even okay to start your story with a flashback. But at some point before the reader loses interest, you should establish some sort of timeline and continuity that allows the reader to have a grasp on the story. It sounds like you have an interesting premise, and the characters sound promising too, but I'll never know because it is painful to read.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
SORRY ...........

I`m reading through all your stories and found them fantastic.

This one however ....... I have to agree with the previous commenter:- halfway through page one and I have to concede defeat.

Too many characters to try and get my head around too quickly, and this is coming from someone who is a massive Clive Cussler fan!!

I might come back and try to read it again, and I HATE being negative about something that you have obviously spent time to write and publish on here, but I would have to been in the mood to try and untangle the characters and who is with who etc etc.

Again, I truly am sorry to put a "confused" comment :(

alexwatson62alexwatson62almost 5 years ago
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD .......................

.... let you know, I had another go at this one and I completed it!!!!

I can normally follow the flashbacks in a story, but this one for some reason was more complicated than normal.

Having said that, the basic side of the tale was nice and sweet, without being sickly so.

From a personal point of view, if I could have come up with a story half as good as this, I would have been tempted to split it into two distinct parts, either as one or more likely Chapters 1 and 2.

You are an extremely imaginative story teller, and I look forward to reading many more of your tales :)

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

"She wondered what terrible wrong she had done that she had to karmatically pay for with the loss of her love."

You describe my being in the here&now, after the loss of my other soulpart ...... The"yes why i had to be left back here" question is turning into the "yes please let me follow asap"

Thank you for this story im sooooo taken ....... Wonderful

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Ok, as this story contains parts of my life as well, im might a bit out for a "normal" commenting ....... WOW ....... This was absolutely fantastic and im shure close to reality ....... Im so taking, taking by heart and soul, for this is truly a extraordinary fabulous wonderful story ...... Thank you sooooo much for sharing this peace of Art

123noproblem123noproblemover 2 years ago

What a great plot and characteriasation. Well Done!

FOXI27FOXI27over 2 years ago

How can anyone give four or less stars? It was so beautiful. Loved it

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDKalmost 2 years ago

Ohhh my gawd.....

Best story so far... And damn, I had to cry...

You're so good.. Love it..

Hugzzz

Belinda

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlover 1 year ago

Wow! What a rollercoaster! This story was as amazing as your others. I was initially a little confused with how it started and the 'time jumps'; I'm so glad I stuck with it

Definitely 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64311 months ago

A great story!

So much room for a prequel and a sequel, please continue with this story line!

So so good!

Thank you

ScoratScorat10 months ago

Too many unexpected/time-travelling snippets at the beginning. Judging by the comments below it's an excellent story but I just did not want to try to follow it any more.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’m sorry to say this, because I know how much effort goes into writing, but your constant use of passive voice (ie: “.:. Tongues were thrusting..” instead of “…they thrust their tongues together…”) completely put me off. Good stories are about people actively doing things, not about things getting done.

You have great story ideas, but I just couldn’t bring myself to read any more of them because of that passive voice thing.

Or as you might put it, great story ideas were had, but…

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous