Marcie and Leo Ch. 138

Story Info
A rainstorm.
869 words
4.2
313
0
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 138 of the 141 part series

Updated 06/10/2024
Created 04/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rain is a wonderful weather condition where we live. I admit that when Missy, my late wife, and I commissioned the construction company to put in a pool in what was then our backyard, it was because of the times during our summers when it became a bit too much. However, I do love the rain when it happens. Marcie also enjoys the rain as long as it's the gentle kind and not the thunderstorm kind. It provides a chance for us to relax together as well as making the air smell wonderful.

It was one such day when we had that gentle rain coming. We were both on the couch enjoying some stuff on the television. There was a blanket over us. Marcie was wearing a pair of her yoga pants and a tee. I was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt. I had my arms around her as both of us were laying there while the television was on. Marcie had the controller in hands as we were just relaxing. It was a quiet, peaceful day.

Then the rain started getting heavier. I could feel Marcie bristle in my arms as we heard the rain hitting the roof. I started whispering in her ear, letting her know everything was alright. I could feel her fidgeting. As we started hearing the rumbling, I could feel her freezing up. I started to rub her arms as I kept whispering.

Next thing we knew, the lights went out. We had our cell phones handy, so we were able to turn on their flashlights temporarily. By this time, we were sitting up on the couch. She turned towards me, so she was straddling my lap. We were hugging tighter. I was still trying to whisper to her. I was starting to remember the time we were walking around the lake. We spent most of that storm in a rain shelter holding each other just like that. I was able to reach over to the end table and pull one of the small lights fashioned like a lantern out so we could have light while the power was out.

"Leo..." she said, her voice clearly showing how scared she was.

"I got you, Marcie," I responded.

My hands began to rub her back as she pressed against my chest. There were no other thoughts in my mind but to hold her.

My phone began to ring. I looked at the caller ID and saw Aubrey's name. I looked at Marcie before I answered.

"Everything okay, Aubrey?"

"Kind of. I have the generator working in the basement. Did you two want to come over until the storm blows over?"

I looked at Marcie. She slowly shook her head.

"We're going to stay in place, Aubrey. Thank you for the offer though."

"No problem, neighbor. If the power doesn't pop on after the storm rolls through, just come over."

We exchanged goodbyes and I went back to holding Marcie. It was quiet as we heard the thunder and rain.

"I always told him we needed a generator," she whispered.

"We can get one when this storm is over," I said. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what, Leo?" she asked.

"I never thought about it since I moved in. I was just so..."

That time, it was her turn to kiss me to distract me. It started small before it deepened. As she pulled back, there was that sparkle in her eyes. I started to smile before she placed her hand on my face.

"I never gave you the chance, Leo," she said. "As you said, you were moving into my place. It's an improvement we can check out next week some time."

I smiled more.

"You seem to be feeling better," I said.

"I have my big protector holding me," she said as she snuggled in. "What was it that bear called it in that movie? You're my thunder buddy or something."

We sat there holding each other in silence for a while. We started talking about random stuff just to keep our spirits up. It was a bit later that we headed towards the refrigerator to make ourselves some sandwiches for dinner. Eating by electric lantern light was something different. As she was eating some of the baby carrots we had in the refrigerator with it, we discussed some of the scary moments we dealt with before we were married.

It was getting late before we took the electric lantern and walked into the bedroom to get ready for bed. As we carefully maneuvered ourselves under the blankets, we made sure our phones were on the nightstands. We snuggled under the blankets still holding each other. It wasn't long until I could hear Marcie's cute snores. I took a deep breath of relief before I felt myself falling asleep also.

We were both awakened by the sounds of the television. While Marcie stayed in bed, I grabbed my sweatpants before walking out to the living room to turn off the television. I started walking back into the room before I heard Marcie whistling at me.

"I do love my man walking around shirtless," she said with that silly grin on her face.