Marcie and Leo Ch. 048

Story Info
Our first Thanksgiving as a married couple.
1.9k words
5
1.4k
0
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 48 of the 135 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 04/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

There is a difference between being vulnerable in front of Marcie and being vulnerable in front of the rest of the world. I love Marcie with every ounce of my being and have shown her everything because I trust her just as much. So being helpless isn't so difficult for her.

There's a different degree with Aubrey and Matt. Aubrey, my assistant, was also my late wife's best friend and had seen me at different times. So, she understands a bit better when it comes to the times I get withdrawn and such. Matt, my best friend and the CEO of our company, is also knowledgeable. Still because he knows how I get; he gets very careful when he sees me in that light. It's one reason he had me working from home while I recovered.

Marcie's family has never seen me like this. They have been noticeably absent since my injury because Marcie had been fending them off. I think part of the reason was because she was unsure how my moodiness would play in front of her four siblings and their families. Like many set-ups, we both knew it wouldn't last forever. So, when we received the call from Mon a week prior to Thanksgiving, Marcie was ready. Or I thought she was.

"What do you mean it's my turn?" she said over her phone. "We just had a wedding here a few months ago for Christ's sake."

There was a slight pause as she listened to her sister. I could see her shoulders slump defeated. She then started talking quietly into the phone for a moment.

"June and you better come help then. It's been a while since I did this."

A few more moments.

"No, Leo is not going to arrange for catering. We do this the way we always do it. I will just need help."

Another few moments.

"Because Leo can't help me as much this time. He's kind of hampered."

She smiled after a few moments.

"Okay, you and June will spend the night before and help me. See you then."

She hit the button on her phone and let out a huge sigh before she flopped next to me on the couch. I gave her a moment to gather her thoughts before I asked.

"What do you have to do?"

She looked at me.

"It's my turn to host Thanksgiving."

I started to laugh. She looked at me with a weird look.

"What's so funny?"

I leaned over and kissed Marcie on her forehead after moving the penguin head of her pajamas off her head. She then melted a bit before she asked again.

"What's so funny?"

"First, I love the way you told them I wasn't going to cater this one."

"They need to understand that just because you're the CFO if a Fortune 500 company doesn't mean we moved up several tax brackets. We are still doing Thanksgiving like everyone else."

I smiled at that thought. Many folks think just because I am in line with Matt means I am well off. They never understood that I worked my tail off to get that way.

"I am 'hindered'?" I asked.

Marcie blushed.

"I didn't tell them about your leg. I was being protective."

"So, Mon and June are coming to spend the night..."

"And help me get everything ready."

I smiled.

"And I will be the good husband, sit here and stay out of the way."

She hugged me after that.

"I really wish you were in your walking boot by now to be more than just sitting on the couch."

We snuggled for a bit before started putting together the shopping list. It was on Saturday when Aubrey came over with Wesley in tow. As they walked in, Marcie was all smiles, hugging both of them before they looked at me.

"How you holding up, Leo?" Aubrey asked.

"I'm okay. Hopefully I'll be in the boot in two weeks."

"The lab guys have been asking about you. I told them you had been recovering," Wes volunteered.

"Are they asking how it happened?"

"They all have theories. Luckily since no ones knows, it's easier that way."

Aubrey looked at him skeptically.

"What's your theory?" she asked him.

Wes started to stammer a bit.

"Ur. Weren't we going to help Marcie with shopping?"

Marcie started laughing as she grabbed her coat.

"Okay, Leo. We're going to get the stuff. Matt's gonna be here in a bit to hang out until we return. Please take it easy."

I smiled weakly as they left. I kept looking at my laptop, trying to make heads or tails with the recent reports before there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

In entered Matt, Shannon, and their son. Both of them came closer and hugged me a bit before they allowed me to hold my godson for a little while. We were talking for a little while, catching up on stuff before Shannon asked a question.

"Are you doing alright, Leo? Matt's told me how this was the first real injury for you."

I looked at Matt before speaking.

"I took an ego shot to be honest. I'm not used to being able to move. This is difficult for me. I'm just thankful I can work from home. So, what have I been missing?"

Matt looked at me.

"Honestly, nothing major. Have you checked the reports?"

"Yeah, what happened?"

"New accountant. We're still trying to get them to understand some things. Leon didn't do a good job reading him into everything."

"What happened to Leon?"

"He used his buyout option. He wanted to spend more time with his new wife."

"Isn't she the heiress?"

"Yeah, she convinced him to do it."

"Lucky bastard," I said before I saw Shannon smile.

"Well, at least he's happy," she said.

It wasn't long until Marcie returned with Aubrey and Wes with the groceries. As we all hung around for a bit, the thoughts kept crossing my mind regarding things. Marcie saw my face and smiled at me. I could tell she was reading my mind. It was later that night as we were lying down that she asked me about it.

"What did Matt tell you?"

"Leon used his buyout option. So, we have a new accountant and the reports looked off."

She lay down next to me, so her chest was pressed against my arm. I enjoyed feeling her close as her arm wrapped around me.

"So, either you are worried abut the numbers or you are feeling crappy because you're not there."

"Both."

She leaned in for a kiss that turned deeper before her chest touched mine. Her sparkly eyes then looked into mine.

"Leo, you're doing what you're supposed to. You're allowing your body to heal. In a few weeks you'll have the walking boot on, and you'll be able to go back to the office a few days a week. Stop beating yourself up."

She punctuated this thought with another kiss. As we lay down to sleep, my mind started to run a bit quicker before I was drowsy enough to fall asleep. The meeting at the beginning of the week went on without a hitch, albeit with me being on my phone for it. It was the day before Thanksgiving that Mon and June arrived. Since the last time we spoke of them, both girls were still single. That night, the girls were around the kitchen table talking about how much had changed since the year before.

"I'm sorry I inferred that Leo could arrange catering," Mon said.

"It was more for logistics really. Last-minute weddings are one thing. During November and December, they are booked solid," I answered.

The girls looked at me from the table. They both smiled, from relief probably because I looked a bit moody. June walked over and gave a huge hug. This was huge because June, unlike her sisters, wasn't a hugger. It was at that point they were plotting how to do everything. I went to bed that night before they finished, knowing full well staying out of the way was the wise decision.

The next morning, I was up before all three of them. I maneuvered myself to my foot and onto my crutches before hobbling my way to start a pot of coffee. I felt lucky that the coffee pot was close enough to the sink so I could fill it without any acrobatics. As I put the carafe on the machine, I heard a voice behind me.

"And here I thought you were helpless."

I turned and saw June looking at me. She was dressed in yoga lounge pants, a tight T-shirt, and a smile just like her sister usually did. I smiled as if I was caught with my hand in the cookie jar. She smiled back before she motioned towards the living room.

"Okay, hero. I'll take over the coffee. Did you want something for breakfast?"

"Um, I was going to..."

"Going to nothing!" Mon said from behind her. "You are going to sit in your spot and let Marcie's sisters help take care of you. You're family. Family watches out for each other."

I hobbled to my recliner and sat down before I thought about what to put my foot on. Mon fixed that by moving an ottoman close enough to prop up my leg. She then followed it up with a hug.

"Leo, this sucks. I know it does. The thing is we're going to help Marcie today. This means we're going to make sure you're taken care of. We'll warn Rob and Jim, so they know not to expect too much. They'll want to come over and watch football. They'll be fine. The kids will be alright also. You're in good hands."

I smiled and tried to allow myself to relax. It was soon after that Marcie walked out of our bedroom. She looked over and saw me in the recliner before she looked at her sisters.

"How far did he..." she started to ask.

"Started coffee," June said. "I caught him."

Marcie looked over at me before Mon stepped in.

"I talked him down, Sis. You know how headstrong he is. We assured him we will take care of everything."

Marcie walked over to me and knelt so her head was level with mine. She smiled.

"Leo, we got this. Let us be Darling sisters. I don't want you to worry."

I had no choice but to smile. I was allowing myself to be in their hands. I trusted Marcie with everything. I knew it was in good hands.

The rest of the day went off without a hitch. Rob and Jim arrived with their families. While the kids played, they sat down on the couch and started watching the different football games. Rob even regaled me about his turn years ago when his wife put him in his place after he sprained his ankle. His youngest, Dee, even came up to me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Daddy says you married Aunt Marcie. Does that make you my uncle, Mr. Leo?" she asked.

It's hard not to melt after that.

After a few glasses of eggnog and some pie, Rob and Jim took their families away after an extra set of hugs. As the house quieted down, the girls were chatting when there was a knock at the door. Marcie went to the door. Aubrey was let in before she walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"You okay, Leo?"

"I'm alright. Did you eat?"

"Wesley's mom is a dynamite cook. And..."

She held up her hand.

"Wes asked me to marry him."

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers