Marcie and Leo Ch. 050

Story Info
Technically explaining Aubrey's relationship.
1.1k words
4.78
1.2k
0
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 50 of the 135 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 04/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

(Hello Reader. The original story this was based on 'Good Neighbors" went 188 chapters. When I made the decision to make a second story with these two characters, it was with the goal of showing them as human. Too many times as an author, there's a tendency to "oversex" the characters. The woman I drew inspiration from wanted me to make her character more realistic. Thus the tendency to focus more on real situations. I thank you, the reader, for reading these and encouraging me to continue to dig into their relationship. This being the fiftieth, I am as always indebted to the "Marcie" to my "Leo" who encourages me and inspires me. Without her, this story would not exist. Please enjoy the story.)

"When do you need us?" I asked.

I was doing my best not to sound excited. On one hand, Aubrey is my assistant at work. Her new fiancée is one of my lab techs. Technically, it would be fraternization due to the fact Aubrey holds a hire position than Wesley. The technical part of me wanted to say something about this being a bad idea.

Except.

Aubrey is also my late wife's best friend. She is probably the closest I have had to a sister-in-law until Marcie entered my life and gave me two more. I have seen the men Aubrey had been involved with in the past and it took a miracle for me not to knock out most of them for hurting Aubrey. I have a history of being over-protective. It was that part of me that asked the question.

Marcie looked at me before she spoke.

"I think what Leo means is.... wait. Leo, did you just ask her when?"

I looked at her and nodded. Marcie smiled for a moment before she spoke again.

"Well, I'm with Leo. When?"

"Maybe a few weeks. I want to talk to Janet regarding the legal ramifications because Leo's technical side hadn't kicked in yet."

Marcie looked at me.

"Technical side?"

I took a breath.

'Technically, Aubrey is a member of senior management. Wesley is in the lab. There could be a possible fraternization situation except that Aubrey isn't a direct report."

Aubrey looked at me a bit more relieved.

"Why did you wait to tell me that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Leo, the one thing I know that is more dependable than your desire to protect me is the one that talks me out of things."

"Do you want to marry him?"

She paused. Then she smiled as she nodded her head.

"Then why do you want me to talk you out of it? You have the right to be happy."

It was at that moment she walked forward and hugged me tighter than ever before. She then turned and hugged Marcie before she excused herself. Marcie was looking at me again.

"Leo, did you just give her your blessing?"

I looked at my wife.

"It's not mine to give."

At that moment, it was Marcie's turn to hug me. She then looked into my eyes before planting her lips on mine. It was a warm kiss at first before it heated up. She then carefully led me back to the couch where she took the position before we were interrupted. This time, she looked out the curtains before she reached over and flicked off the porch light. Content that we would not be disturbed, she sat back on my lap straddling me before we resumed our make-out session.

It was hot and heavy that night. It started with just kissing before we were partially disrobed and making out more like teenagers. I was unsure what brought on that interlude to be honest, but I never look the chance of making love to my wife skeptically. I fell asleep that night with her cuddled next to me. I thought about the changes going on again before I started drifting off to sleep.

A few days later, Matt met me in my office. It was my first day back and I was just getting used to hobbling around the office. Matt had a weird look on his face.

"Buddy, what's going on with Aubrey? Janet just called me about needing clarification on her relationship?"

I looked at the door before he took the hint to close it.

"Aubrey has been dating a lab tech since before last year's New Year's party."

"So why does Janet need to be involved?"

I took a breath.

"Because he proposed, and she said yes."

"So?"

"She's senior management."

"Oh," he said before sitting on my couch. "So, what does that mean for us?"

"It's up to you. Technically, he is not a direct report. So, the only way fraternization would be an issue is if we show favoritism towards the lab. Or if we promote him over someone else with more qualifications. Or if he gets off the hook for something that would be an automatic termination."

"In other words, you already thought of the worst-case scenarios already."

I gave Matt that look. He backed off.

"My bad. I guess sometimes I forget that you have that tactical mind."

I smiled.

"It was her idea to talk to Janet. What did Janet say?"

"Basically, the same thing you did. Except the part where he was not a direct report."

"Well, he is directly under our lab supervisor. He is under the production side, where we rarely must be brought in unless it's a question of costs or licensing or something. Production answers to Johnson. Johnson reports directly to you. The only way I get brought in is if you ask me to."

He looked at me in awe again.

"So technically, it's good."

"That's my opinion."

He looked at me and smiled before he looked out the window.

"I miss the old days sometimes. Two kids with a dream just barreling forward. Now we're full-fledged adults and we must think more strategically. When did we grow up?"

"When you two hired me to keep your keisters out of trouble," Janet answered.

Both of us looked at her and noticed Wesley and Aubrey behind her. Matt turned from the window and went back to the couch. Janet resumed speaking.

"I wanted them to hear the explanation from Leo. The thing is legally, you are correct on all counts. It's just that I wanted Matt to hear it from you before we ask him directly."

"Ask me what, Janet?"

"Are you okay with it?"

Matt looked at me. I smiled and nodded my head.

"I am. Wes, just keep yourself out of trouble, okay?"

"Yes, Mr. Masters."

"Aubrey, if you see something that might cause a conflict of interest, I need it diverted to me directly, so it doesn't look suspicious."

"Yes, Mr. Masters," she said.

I looked at her funny. She looked at me and blushed.

"Sorry, this sounded formal."

Everyone laughed before Janet relaxed her shoulders.

"I am getting too old for this."

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers