Marcie and Leo Ch. 058

Story Info
Learning about balance.
1k words
4.75
1.2k
0
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 58 of the 135 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 04/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

"Stand Beside Me" was playing on the stereo system as I sat there working on my emails. Although I was going to Physical Therapy three times a week, Matt was insistent that I was okay working from home still. This meant I was in the recliner more as I checked my laptop for reports and questions. As I was working on that, Marcie and Aubrey were working on more wedding plans. The wedding was a few weeks away and the girls were piecing together the different aspects. The small wedding of fifteen grew to more like fifty and there was talk of using a different venue. It was then Aubrey's head went up.

"That's it."

Both of us looked at her.

"What's it?" I asked.

"That song. Leo, do you know the name of that song?"

I smiled.

"Stand Beside Me."

"Who sings it?"

"Jo Dee Messina sings it. It's Country."

"No wonder I didn't recognize it," she laughed. "I like the sentiment in it though."

Marcie looked at me and smiled. As the girls began to work on their project more, the numbers started to entice me again. It was a few hours before I heard the door close, and an angelic woman approached me. I looked up from the laptop and started to close it when her face came closer, and her lips pressed against my forehead. I moved my face so her lips would touch mine and we shared a kiss.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" she asked.

"Did what?"

"Had that song play. One of the things Aubrey talks about is how Wes seems to follow her instead of takes charge."

"It was random honestly," I said. "The song just played out of nowhere."

She looked at me skeptically before she slipped into my lap with her arms around my neck.

"I think sometimes she wishes Wes was more like you."

"I don't know about that. I am scared to think about if Wes can get away with that sometimes."

"I mean it. There are times when you have the answers and times when you allow me to step up. I like that kind of balance."

I kissed her again.

"We're from two different backgrounds, Amor. We just mesh well. There are times you allow me to take the lead. Then there are times you step up because you know better. Wes and Aubrey are closer, generationally speaking. They must find their own balance."

We sat there for a while holding each other before our stomachs started to assert their demands, so to speak. It was as we were working together in the kitchen that there was a knock at the door. I looked through the window and saw Wes in his lab coat. I carefully walked over and opened the door to greet him.

"Leo, can we talk?"

"Sure. Is it about Aubrey or about the lab?"

"Both?"

I welcomed him in and went to the couch where Marcie brought in a pitcher of ice water and a couple of glasses. Wes smiled at her before she went back into the kitchen.

"Which do you want to cover first?"

"Lab. The workload is getting a bit much without Amanda."

"How long has she been gone?"

"Two weeks. She's been keeping me informed and said she may need more time."

"Let Deb know we need to hire a new lab tech."

He looked at me.

"But what about Amanda?"

"She'll still have a job when she returns. The thing is you need help. We should be able to draw someone who just graduated from the university to start out in the lab and learn the ropes. That should help a bit."

"I didn't think of that."

"You thought to ask me. That's thinking ahead."

Wes looked at me.

"Did you play that song on purpose?"

It was on a random playlist. No pre-meditation at all."

"I'm worried about..."

"Why?"

He looked at me.

"I'm not you."

"It's a good thing. I have a ton of baggage. You don't. You have her heart."

"I just wish I was more like you."

"She doesn't want a clone of mine. If that were the case, things would have been drastically different."

He looked at me again.

"The ex was different than you. So were the three before. She used to discuss them with Missy all the time."

"Missy was your late wife, right?"

"And Aubrey's old college roommate. They talked about guys all the time, usually away from me so I wouldn't punish them for hurting Aubrey. Aubrey went out with you because you're you. Not because you are a clone of mine. You just need to be the best Wes you can be. Whatever that means."

He smiled.

"I am sorry to bring personal stuff to you. It's just, I don't know how to talk to anyone else about her. Aubrey is so amazing. She's all put together and methodical. She would be perfect in the lab if she wasn't such a klutz."

We shared a laugh before Marcie walked in.

"What are you two laughing about?"

We looked at Marcie before the door opened and Aubrey walked in. She had a look on her face that was partway between confusion and frustration. She looked at Wes before she was about to speak before Wes stood up and wrapped his arms around her. She looked at me with the same look before he whispered in her ear. Her confused look melted into a smile as her eyes closed. He took her by the hand and waved at us before they walked out the door together. Marcie looked at me.

"So, what were you two laughing about, really?"

I smiled at my bride.

"The fact that they both need time to find that balance we talked about. And the fact that my assistant can be a klutz sometimes."

As I stood up carefully, Marcie was already in position in case I fell. Her arms felt good around me before I leaned towards her and kissed her tenderly.

"You are amazing, Amor. Thank you for being my balance."

"I need to. Lord knows what you would have done if I weren't around when you broke your leg," she replied with a snarky grin on her face before she winked.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers