Marcie and Leo Ch. 060

Story Info
A big decision on the horizon.
1.3k words
4.9
1k
0
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 60 of the 135 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 04/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers

It was the middle of the afternoon when Matt called me. We talked about some of the numbers and stuff before he asked me about how physical therapy had been going. I told him how it was going well even though I was impatient. Matt then started asking me about something totally different.

"Have you ever thought about retiring?" he asked.

I paused for a bit.

"You mean me personally or both of us?" I asked back.

He took a moment to speak.

"One of our customers offered to buy the company from us."

I thought about his words. I never thought about an end game like that before. This company was all Matt and I knew prior to everything that had happened. Before Missy's death. Before Marcie. Before my godson. Financially speaking, we were both set. I then started to think about our team. I thought about Aubrey. I still had a difficult time thinking about it.

"What about our team?" I asked.

"The customer wants to buy the building and our lab. We would still get a percentage of future profits. The team in place would remain if they desired to. Aubrey, if you chose to say yes, would take over your position, meaning that Wes would have to change roles as well. It's still a bit foggy to be honest."

"Is this to spend more time with your family?"

"Yeah. I put so much into it. Shannon and my son had taught me that I need to slow down. I need to get out of this corporate culture. I'm glad we started it. I just want to enjoy the next twenty years or so. Do you know what I mean?"

I looked over from my recliner and saw Marcie. She was working on her tablet again and enjoying her quiet. I also thought about Aubrey. It was as Matt was reading my mind also.

"I know you're worried about Aubrey. The customer who wants to buy us out has a pretty good structure. So, if she chooses not to take your spot, they probably already have a backup plan."

"How soon do you need an answer?"

"Maybe by the weekend? They want a final answer by Monday so Jan and their legal team can come to terms."

"Okay, I'll let you know by Friday."

"If you have a funny feeling, you need to tell me."

"I'm kind of numb right now."

"So was I. Been that way for a few hours. I haven't thought about everything yet. All it takes is you and I both agreeing, and it can be done probably in six months."

"I'll let you know. I need to consult my team."

"Thanks, Bro. Didn't want you drop this on you, but this is a once in a lifetime situation. I wanted to read you into it because it affects both of us and our families. On one hand, I want to spend more time with Shannon and Jr. On the other hand, it's all we know."

This was how the call ended. I put the phone down and looked at Marcie again. I started to remember when we started seeing each other more while I was mourning Missy. I remembered how she always said that she wished I was home more. At the current time, I am home all the time because of the physical therapy on my leg. Still, I was unsure how to package my thoughts. I was about to say something when Aubrey knocked on the door.

Marcie looked at me and smiled before she went to let her in. Aubrey was a mixture of emotions again. With her wedding only a week away, I could understand why. I was unsure how to talk to her about this as well. As the girls went to the table, I maneuvered until I was able to slide out of the recliner before I walked over carefully towards them. This caught Aubrey's attention.

"What's going on, Leo?" she asked.

Marcie looked at me then and noticed the look on my face.

"Matt called. We received an offer for the company."

There was silence for a little bit. Aubrey talked first.

"Sounds like a great offer if Matt was considering it."

"I am not sure. We didn't discuss it. The new company would take the building and everyone in it. Matt initially said you'd take my spot. The thing is it would cause a conflict of interest with Wes. I know my situation is okay. I'm worried about you."

I looked at Marcie.

"This is a shot in the dark for us. We always talked about me being home more. Thing is I'd still have income and we are set already. But it is also your decision because I don't know what I would do with myself all the time."

Both girls looked at me before Marcie spoke.

"There's a bunch of things you could do. You could work on yourself. You would be able to spend more time with me. I always joke about you going to yoga with me, but that doesn't mean you have to. I mean, Mitchell's retirement was due to age and he didn't get to do much. You have a whole life ahead of you to discover your passion."

"As for me," Aubrey said. "I'd have to think about my options. You're not my keeper, Leo. We demonstrated over the last few years that we are a great team, but that I have skills to do whatever I wanted. You make the decision based on you. I'll be okay."

I smiled a little before I walked over to the shelf and grabbed my gloves. The girls looked at me again.

"Are you okay, Leo?" Marcie asked.

"I am. Just want to think and move a bit. I'm far from angry. Just want something to focus on to help me think."

I carefully walked over to the bag next door. I still, after all this time, hadn't moved it over to the house. It was just because the set up was convenient. I hadn't touched the bag for a long time. Not just because of the accident, but because I always thought about it as an anger management tool. I had the gloves on before I started to lightly tap on it. It felt different. As I started hitting it, I kept a slower pace to keep myself from getting into it too much. After about twenty minutes, I started to walk towards the house when I heard a voice.

"Not bad, stud."

I looked over and saw Nikki. She had her arms crossed in front of her. She was already in workout clothes and her duffel bag was on the ground next to her.

"I never said I was a pro."

"True. I was about to knock on your door before I saw you. Figured I'd watch for a bit. Looks like now I understand about why they call Marcie the one who tamed the lion."

I started to walk towards my house as Nikki caught up.

"It's the first time I hit the bag since before the accident. I need something to focus on while I was thinking."

"My baby daddy didn't use a bag. It's one reason I left him."

I looked at Nikki.

"I would have fixed him."

"He's currently sitting in prison already. He was put away for a list of charges. I won't ever have to see him again."

As we neared the door, she kept talking.

"I'm surprised Marcie never mentioned it."

"Could be any reason really. After all, I let you girls have your way and I just tag along."

"Are you going to watch us workout today?"

"I'll probably move into the bedroom to do some things."

"Awww, I was hoping to have an audience," she said with a sly look on her face.

"He only has so much strength, girl," Marcie answered as she opened the door. "I mean, three attractive women stretching in front of him. His brain would probably explode."

The girls shared a hearty laugh as I grabbed my laptop and went into the bedroom. I had some thinking to do. And their bodies were not going to make the thinking any easier.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
406 Followers