All Comments on 'Marcus Bleak and the Sex Robots'

by Ikay

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
DmitryDmitryover 11 years ago
Holy

shit. This was one the trippiest story I have read on this cite. Great story, written in the best traditions of the "Blade Runner". WTF? Were are all of comments?????

Corpse_riderCorpse_riderover 11 years ago
Sci fi sex

Highly imaginative & well written.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 11 years ago
Fear not these Robots: Fear Humanity

"I got jealous. I wanted to teach her a lesson, waited two years to use it on Rose. It really felt good. She screamed like a stuck pig. I really enjoyed myself."

Does this really sound like a statement coming from a kingdom that will be eternal, escpecially from the voice of one of the smarter robots?

Story was still excellent- Just wanted to point out the Character's (not writers) logic fail. xDD

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent writing but...

this is a great piece of sci fi and a great piece of writing. My only criticism is in the rush to end what should have been a longer tale. That and the fact that it's not really erotica, not a bad thing but relevant given the website it's on.

My hope is that the author will flesh out this story to really explore the themes and characters that have been so expertly introduced and after a few short story and scifi awards get this made into a movie, part blade runner, part minority report and part something gritty about prostitution as a window to the soul of society (probably French).

xxxecilxxxecilover 11 years ago
Cool premise, weak ending

While the premise is very interesting, and probable in many respects, the ending is highly unlikely. If he's such a successful detective, then he must be able to get warrants. All he has to do is get a warrant to search Zino's CPU on the basis that she was the last 'person' to see the victim alive. Based on the premise, her CPU would contain a memory of her committing the roboticide, and planting the evidence. Case closed. A seasoned investigator with so many years of experience wouldn't be thwarted so easily.

Then he can raid the evidence locker and force her to perform. Yay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Total enjoyment

This story was very different from the typical found here. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good story- wrong site to post it

I am enjoying this story quite a bit as it is a very entertaining sci-fi tale; I can easily see this as a book. Your writing is quite good as is your characterization.I don't really like your hero (at least in the first chapter) but I don't see this as a bag thing as I see where you are going with him and I believe your choices with him were the right ones. I am a fan of the detail you've injected and the pace of the story is perfect if your intention is to make this a full length book, which I hope you do. The most successful books have to capture the reader's attention in the first chapter, something you've done very well. The only negative comment I have is your decision to use this site to post to. While this story certainly has its erotic moments, I wouldn't classify it as erotic fiction. Since this story really is quite promising I would suggest you try posting it to some more mainstream sci-fi writer's sites, I think you could quite possibly find some success there. If you do, I would suggest you change the title though as I don't think it fully represents the tale you are creating (especially having now read chapters 2 and 3).

sstteesstteealmost 11 years ago
Incredible

This is like an actual sci-fi book... I've thought of some similar ideas by myself before, but such in-depth story exploring the very realistic scenario of our future is worth to become an entire novel. I completely agree with comments saying you should try to post such story in some sci-fi-oriented community. Probably only with minor modifications, according to their own ethics guidelines :)

DeepBlueCDeepBlueCover 9 years ago
Wow!

The imagination manifest in this story is amazing. Making it even better is the excellent writing which is well done and virtually error free.

This promises to be an extraordinary piece of work if subsequent chapters uphold this great start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The guy running the sex club refuses to give the client's name, but conveniently suggests the protagonist talk w- Zino.

Zino tells Rose was off to see Mr. Amsterdam.

Then the protagonist searches for Mr Abel, & finds a suspect.

Where is the connection between Amstel & Abel?

Oops...

Kinda lose 3 of 5 just for that.

Plus the date, time location info between scenes is annoying as hell. This entire chapter occurred over, what, two days?

What does it take to put that info into prose, so the reader doesn't have to remember a completely meaningless time of day? Three, maybe four sentences?

That's either laziness or trying too hard to be 'Mission Effing Impossible'.

Plus, the whole protagonist is instantly recognized as a sociopath robot hater by Zinn, when he doesn't say or act at all negative towards her? Sentient doesn't mean omniscient.

I'll try Ch 2, but if it's as poorly thought out as Ch 1, I'm stopping.

This is middle school quality plot work, but good spelling & correct grammar.

GeoD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous