Marcus of Duros Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chloe felt a little bad for teasing him so much, but she had to admit she got a heady rush from knowing that she had such a profound affect on him. The thrill was even more so when she was sitting directly over the focal point of his excitement, allowing her to literally feel the effect she had.

"Lets have the packet Jarrod." Marcus said, directing his attention to Jarrod, who sat alone in his chair.

"Of course." He answered, pulling a large brown packet out of his briefcase he had brought with him.

Opening it, he took out several pieces of paper. The one that sat on the top stated the orders. The others held briefing material, instructions, and intelligence on the enemy they would face. Rising from his chair he walked across the room and proffered the topmost paper to Marcus.

Handing his glass to Chloe, Marcus took the paper and began to read aloud.

"Commander Marcus Crassus, you and your battalion are hereby ordered by the Lords of Duros, as duly appointed wardens of the independent state of Duros, to conduct yourselves to the city docks on the morning of the Eighteenth of March. There you will meet the naval squadron under the command of Admiral Carambeaux of the Maritime Republic of Nouveau France. Under his direction you will command your battalion as a detachment of Marines for a naval campaign against an enemy maritime republic. Admiral Carambeaux expects the campaign to last approximately seven weeks."

As Marcus finished reading all of the women in the room let out a sigh of relief, Chloe included. The men for their part nodded, pleased that their campaign would not be too long, and that it was something a bit different from the usual drudgery of land combat.

"That's nearly a month away!" Valentina exclaimed happily, hugging Anastasi's side and nestling her nose into his neck.

There was little to no reaction from Krieger and Dorthea, but as Chloe understood it, that was standard operating procedure for them, usually preferring to leave intimacy for a more private locale. Phillips and Sophia reacted only slightly more intimately, with Sophia kissing his cheek and resting her forehead against his temple.

Chloe decided to kiss Marcus's cheek, not wanting to be left out of the show of intimacy as Jarrod was. Remembering his excitement that had only marginally dissipated, she kissed him slightly more wetly than was necessary, lingering there for several seconds until she felt a twitch from his groin. Smiling sweetly at him she pulled back, taking note of his glare that had suddenly taken on a much darker quality, as if indicative of a plan forming in his head.

Soon the men returned to talk of the campaign and the women extricated themselves from their grasp, some with more difficulty than others. Valentina had to struggle to get out of Anastasi's firm embrace, entangled in his arms as she was. Even after she finally stood up he had to get the last word; pinching her ass firmly as she walked away. Squealing and jumping towards the kitchen she turned to glare at him as the others laughed.

"JOE! Behave yourself! Or else!" She said threateningly, pretending to be angry, her eyes betraying her amusement.

"Or else what?" Anastasi countered, raising his eyebrow at her. "You know you can't resist this." He said as he waved his hand over his stout form.

Anastasi was not an overwhelmingly attractive man. His teasing words about his perceived physical beauty amused Marcus and Phillips, who guffawed loudly, inducing even Krieger to chuckle slightly. The women giggled softly and smiled at each other knowingly. As they themselves got up and strode past her, Valentina turned and flicked her hair in Anastasi's direction, pretending to be mad, but not quite concealing the grin that had broken out as a results of his teasing.

As the women returned to the kitchen the men began discussing some of the finer points of tactics regarding marines in naval battles. Being assigned as a Marine detachment was not nearly as common an assignment as serving as a land force. As the resident tacticians, Krieger and Marcus led the bulk of the discussion.

Back in the kitchen the women were putting dinner together. Chloe found the segregation of the men and women to be intriguing. She thought she would much rather be in the living room with Marcus learning about the upcoming campaign.

"Why do you girls always stay in here while our husbands talk out there?" She asked the group.

"Oh we only sat out with them the first night we had dinner here." Dorthea answered for the group.

"The next night we came in here when they were talking about the campaigns. We just prefer to not hear about it. It's easier this way. It's bad enough to worry about them while their away, but it's another thing entirely to hear about all the ways they could die. Imagine seeing that in your mind every time you go to sleep when they aren't next to you in bed."

"I didn't think about it that way." Chloe answered soberly. "So what are we making for dinner?" She asked, attempting to lift the mood of the room.

For the next hour or so, the women put together a hearty stew and continued to talk. The majority of the discussion was about her, and when she got a break Chloe asked more questions about the other women. By the end of the hour Chloe had learned a great deal about each of the women, and felt that she had made a good impression on them. As they began setting the table in the dining room and ladling out stew, Chloe went into the living room to roust the now comfortably intoxicated men, their wives having taken several trips back to refresh their drinks.

"All right boys, come on, it's time for dinner." Chloe announced to the room.

"Sounds good, what's for dinner gorgeous?" Marcus asked, his voice comfortably sleepy from the wine.

Chloe was startled by his words. He had never before referred to her by any sort of endearment. She had been just "Chloe" to him. She smiled slightly, attempting to conceal her happiness from the room. Private matters should sometimes stay private she reasoned. If he remembered that he had said it later, she would tell him how much she liked it, or maybe she would show him she thought to herself, grinning more widely.

"A nice beef stew, Valentina led the way in the kitchen." Chloe answered finally.

"Oh this should be good; my wife is the best cook in the world!" Anastasi exclaimed as he jumped up, stumbling slightly.

Phillips and Krieger had already risen, and much smoother than Anastasi or Marcus had. They moved to Anastasi's side, supporting him slightly as he stumbled to the dinning room. Apparently this was a normal occurrence as Chloe thought she heard Phillips mutter under his breath about the "big Italian meat-head."

Marcus remained standing by his chair, only himself and Chloe in the room.

"Do you need help Marcus?" Chloe asked quizzically. He didn't look that drunk to her.

"No, I just wanted a second to kiss you." He answered, crossing to her and pulling her quickly into his arms.

His breath was slightly sour from the wine but Chloe didn't care. There wasn't much to complain about as his lips caught hers in a slow, heartfelt kiss. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it seemed much longer to Chloe. As he broke the kiss she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I liked it when you called me 'gorgeous' Marcus." She confessed, unable to wait until later.

"Oh you did? Well in that case I think I'll call you 'gorgeous' more often. After all, it's true." Marcus replied.

"You're sweet, and I wouldn't mind that at all." She said, going up on tiptoe to kiss his cheek. "But we really should get back to the others or they'll start to talk."

"Ohhh let 'em talk if they want." Marcus said, grabbing for her again.

Quickly, Chloe danced out his grasp and walked towards the dining room, holding her hand out to him.

"Nuh uh mister. Come on, it's dinnertime. I bet you're hungrier than you'll admit."

Nodding his head in agreement, Marcus walked to her and took her hand. Together they walked hand in hand into the dining room.

The dining room table was large and circular. Marcus had never been a fan of rectangular tables, he could never quite see everyone, so he decided to replace the standard rectangular table that had come with the apartment with a circular one. Each couple sat side by side. Jarrod, however, never having married, sat without a partner, breaking up the boy/girl/boy/girl pattern that dominated the seating plan.

Dinner was a lighthearted affair. Chloe discovered that Valentina had put her foot down a while back, insisting that the men not discuss battalion business at the dinner table. Evidently she was unwilling to hear about it, and although Chloe still thought she might be interested to hear about the campaign, she didn't want to hear about it if it was going to make Marcus's impending assignment harder for her. Conversation as such was slightly mundane and instead centered on the events that were planned for the next day.

"Thought much about the trial tomorrow Marcus?" Anastasi asked, sobered up by the meal.

"Not too much, I only just heard about it this morning while we were walking through the market."

"Yeah, one of the corporals from the 2nd Battalion is on trial."

"What'd he do?" Marcus asked, more curious now.

"Started a fight with two Legionaires from a different battalion. He nearly killed them in the process, they'll be in the infirmary for months. Then he smashed up the bar, went home, and beat his wife to death." Anastasi answered sourly.

The women gasped, appalled by the man's brutality.

"What will happen to him?" Chloe asked curiously.

"He'll probably be put to death. If he's found guilty that is." Marcus answered.

"Are we going to the trial Marcus?" Chloe asked curiously.

"Yes, we don't have a choice as it happens. Commanders are required to be in attendance when they aren't on campaign. We serve as the jurors."

"Oh, I didn't know we had to go." Chloe answered with trepidation.

"Don't worry Chloe, it'll be alright." Anastasi answered from across the table. "If he is executed it's usually fairly quick at least."

After the discussion on the trial the following day, conversation began to dissipate as the guests finished their dinner. The men took their wives bowls and brought them into the kitchen along with theirs and began to wash them. Chloe was confused by this latest development, she had expected that she and the other women would be clearing up.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Chloe asked slightly alarmed, afraid she had missed something important.

"Girls make dinner, boys clean up." Phillips said humorously from the door to the kitchen. "That's the rule."

"Oh... alright." Chloe said, startled by the change of plan.

Sitting back down she squeezed Marcus's arm affectionately as he picked up their bowls and returned them to the kitchen. She had always been trained in the forum that women cooked and cleaned in the home, and that such tasks were not of great enough importance for men to waste their time on. Evidently her expectations were not consistent with reality, and for the next several minutes Chloe and the other wives sat talking as their husbands washed the dishes.

"Isn't that our job?" Chloe asked Valentina quietly.

"Your husband's doing." Valentina answered. "He insists that the men help out in some way. The others initially only followed along because he's their commander, but eventually they started doing it on their own. Anastasi does dishes a couple days a week, and I hear that Phillips helps cook almost every night. Isn't that right Sophia?"

"Mhm, he does." Sophia answered. "Turns out he's a terrible cook though, he would burn water if I let him so I give him prep jobs instead, but it's still nice to have him around." She smiled slightly, her gaze unfocused as if remembering something intimate.

Chloe still did not understand Marcus. What man wouldn't want a woman to do all the menial work around the house? Dorthea caught Chloe's quizzical look and answered her unasked question.

"He doesn't think it's fair. Marcus likes things to be fair. In his battalion, and at home. We've always thought he should get himself married to a nice girl, so when we heard he married you we were relieved that he'd finally gotten someone to care about him as much as he cares about other people. Now we just have to start working on Jarrod."

The other girls laughed at this last pronouncement, just as the men came back into the room from the kitchen.

"Well ladies," Anastasi said in a tired voice, "this evening has been lovely, but I think it's time for my beautiful wife and I to retire."

With a melodramatic bow he proffered his hand to his wife. Taking it, Valentina stood up and said her goodbyes. The other two couples followed suit. Several minutes later only Jarrod, Marcus, and Chloe remained in the foyer.

"I'll swing by at eleven to walk with you to the trial." Jarrod said, shaking Marcus's hand.

Turning to Chloe he kissed her on the cheek.

"It was very nice to meet you Chloe. I can see the girls are fond of you already."

"Thank you Captain Jarrod." Chloe smiled, pleased at his words.

"See you tomorrow Jarrod." Marcus said, holding the door open for him.

As Jarrod walked out the door, Marcus shut it quietly.

"Well that was very pleasant Marcus. I like the girls, and your captains seem very nice too."

"They're good people." Marcus agreed, slightly cryptically.

"Is something on your mind Marcus?" Chloe asked curiously.

"Yes." He answered, even more shortly.

"What?" She asked, quickly loosing her patience.

"This." He said grabbing her wrists and pinning her arms above her head, backing her up against the door.

"Wha-?" Chloe huffed in surprise, the breath leaving her lungs upon firm impact with the door.

"I've thinking of ways to get back at you for teasing me when I couldn't do anything about it earlier. I came up with this. Now you can't do anything about what I'm going to do to you. Fair's fair."

Marcus's voice was just above a whisper. It sounded dark and dangerous. Chloe felt his breath on her face, and as she lifted her head her eyes locked with his. His eyes had narrowed to slits, his mouth twisting in an evil smirk. She recognized that expression; he had a plan, and it certainly involved her without her clothes on. Realizing this Chloe shivered, the possibilities exciting her and making her skin feel like it was crackling with electricity.

"Ohhh my poor Chloe, it looks like the draft from the window is making you cold again." Marcus said patronizingly.

Chloe huffed irritably as he spoke. She hated that voice. Of course he knew she wasn't cold. He knew he was getting her excited, and knew just what to do about it. His self confidence was simultaneously irritating and irresistibly sexy. She decided it tipped more towards sexy though, as his mouth began exploring her neck, his tongue dragging lazily over the sensitive skin below her ear.

Pulling both of her wrists into the grasp of just one of his hands, Marcus freed his other to explore her body.

"Now gorgeous," he said, taking a break from kissing her neck, "I seem to recall that you enjoy being touched down here..." He trailed off as his fingers began tracing the skin of her lower stomach.

"Yes Marcus I do." Chloe whispered her voice catching slightly as her body shivered from his touch.

She hated the way her voice sounded. It shook, as if she had no control over her arousal. All she wanted was for him to touch her, but she didn't need to sound so pathetic, she thought irritatedly.

"What are you thinking about Chloe?" Marcus asked in the same deep whisper, dragging his tongue up to suck on her earlobe, another one of Chloe's sensitive spots.

"N-Nothing." Chloe answered, attempting to keep her voice level.

"Oh dear Chloe, you know you can't tell a lie when I've got you like this. I can read you like a book. You're wondering why you like it so much when I do this too you. Why it feel so good to be teased."

"Yessssss." Chloe gasped, her voice cutting off in a harsh whisper.

"I don't have the answer Chloe. All I know is that you love it. Tell you what? Let's make a little bet. I bet that if reach under your skirt, I'll find you soaking wet after only a few seconds of teasing. If I win the bet, you make me breakfast tomorrow, if I loose, I'll cook you breakfast. Deal?"

Chloe looked up into his eyes, still dark, but now glinting with humor, as if delighted at the effect he was having on her. She knew she was already soaking wet, but she desperately wanted him to touch her. Besides, she reasoned, she had already planned on making him breakfast. It was a win/win situation.

"You already know how wet I am Marcus." Chloe whined as he continued to play with the soft skin of her stomach just above her skirt.

"I have my suspicions, but I haven't touched you there yet, so how can I know for sure? That being said, I'm willing to take a little risk."

His voice was low and dripping with confidence. She hated it, but loved it at the same time. She couldn't get enough of his voice whispering in her ear, but at the same time she was disgusted by how weak he could make her just with his words and a couple soft touches. Finally, unwilling to be teased any more, she took him up on his bet.

"Alright. It's a deal Marcus."

"Excellent."

His hand left her wrists, allowing her to lower her arms to his shoulders. As she did he lowered his hand to her skirt and began to pull it down. Removing it completely, he began softly caressing the skin all around her skimpy thong. Chloe moaned at his touches and worked her hands through his short hair, silently begging him to touch her.

"You know Chloe, I'm not as confident as I was a minute ago, perhaps I should give you few more minutes to warm up before I carry out our bet. Could either give me an edge, or it could give you time to compose yourself" His voice was still low, but this time it was laced with a cruelly teasing air.

At his words her eyes shot open. He wouldn't keep to tease her would he?

"No Marcus, please!" She gasped her voice a ragged moan.

"Yes, I think that's what we'll do."

"Noooo Marcus now you're just being mean!"

Marcus laughed darkly. "Fair's fair gorgeous." He said, reminding her of her teasing earlier in the living room.

Chloe did not think that the teasing she had done earlier was anywhere near as cruel as what he was putting her through now. Sensing her frustration building, Marcus reached behind her back and untied her top. The material slipped from her breasts and fell to the floor, releasing her generous chest to his touch.

Catching her wrists in his hands again he quickly held them both behind her back with one hand as his other began exploring her breasts, aided by his lips and tongue. His caresses and gentle nips were driving Chloe crazy, and she wondered if he would make her come just from playing with her nipples like he had the previous day. As she began to feel the warm tightness forming in her belly, he removed his hand and mouth from her breasts, as if he could feel when she was getting close.

"Ohhhhhhh Marcus whyyy? Why are you teasing me so much?" She asked, her voice betraying her desperation.

"Because you love it Chloe." Marcus answered simply, pulling her arms around his neck and lifting her upwards by her ass.

Her legs closed around his waist instinctively, and her mouth sought his eagerly. Placing one arm under her ass to keep her up, he pulled her against him with the other, pressing one of his strong hands into her back. Locked in place as she was, he began to walk with her to their bedroom.

If she were thinking about it, Chloe would have been impressed. He managed to walk them both to the bedroom without being able to see or use his hands to steady himself. Arriving at the bed he abruptly dropped her without warning, breaking the kiss.