Margot

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If you need me, wife, I will be in our rooms. Don't get up, I will have a servant show me."

"I will show you," Elora said quickly, standing up and gliding across the room.

Jacob walked silently next to her as she went to the grand hall and up the giant staircase. "You will of course be given the master suite now, I have already had the servants begin clearing it out, having our things packed."

"You do not need to pack or leave, Margot truly wishes for you to stay."

"I will be frank with you and I wish the same. Will I be putting my daughters in danger if we stay here? Will you use us against her? To make her behave for you?"

"You and I understand things better than she does, don't we?" he asked with a forced smile.

"She was not raised at court, she does not know maneuvering and using people against each other. It is not her way, not within her heart to see it until it is shown to her. I have no wish to see her harmed, but I must also protect the rest of my family. I can no longer protect her, it is out of my hands, but the rest of my daughters... I do not wish them to be at your mercy. Here. These are your rooms."

"Lady Elora, I understand your fears... I will tell you this. It is all in her hands. I have tried to be good to her but she does not want it. She is hurt and... unreceptive. Admittedly, at first, I did not treat her well. She was a slave and I punished her for all the hurt done to me by the court. The way I was shunned... I was given a lady to punish for three years of pain. A Lady made slave by her father's greed. That was all I knew. When I did come to know her... very quickly I might add, it was too late. Her heart was hardened against me. Still, I will continue to try. I have no wish to harm anyone, only win her heart."

"But if you cannot, you have no compunctions forcing her into line?"

"It would be a last resort, but no. I will do what I must. I can vow I will not harm your other daughters, they are all safe from retribution."

"Only myself. I suppose it is a small price to pay to stay close to my daughter and bring her joy and love in this dark time. I would ask one other thing regarding my other daughters..."

"Yes?"

"You will not interfere in their... matches. You will not try to force them into unions for..."

"That will never be an issue. Not only is it outside of my rights to try to pair them off, I have no wish to. Let them make their own choices, I have long been in favor of marrying for love and not power."

"And yet..."

"Yes. I forced Margot into a union... but it was not for power. As I said, I saw who she was very quickly. She is the kind of woman I have been searching for since I decided I was ready to take a wife. I have a true hope she will learn to care for me if I try hard enough."

"We shall see. You have already proven you have it in you to be cruel. A bad temper. You have..."

"Enough," he said gently. "I am aware of my faults. Understand that I intend to try and I intend to be good to her family, but I will also not tolerate disrespect. We will show each other mutual respect and leave it at that. Does that suit you?"

"It does. I will leave you to look over your new rooms my Lord." She turned and left, gliding down the hall to the marble staircase.

He left Margot in peace for several hours, having her things transferred to the master suite and directing servants when his own things arrived. Finally, a servant found him and announced dinner, which surprised him. They had brought him lunch as he worked on moving his personal assets with his advisor as well as transferring his personal servants. He had thought that Margot would have dinner sent to him as well, staying free of him as long as she could.

He went down to the huge grand dining hall and paused a moment as he went in. The chair at the head of the table was open, the ladies sitting on that end. Margot was sitting next to it. He looked at her, watching her for a moment to try and find a sign of what she was trying to pull. She was testing him in some way, or perhaps pandering a bit. Trying to please him.

He smirked at her as he sat down at the head. Either way he would play her game. He watched her, daring her to say something, but she kept her eyes down as the servants began bringing out the meal.

Elora broke the silence. "Bertram is set to be tried tomorrow, do you intend to bear witness, my Lord?" she asked Jacob.

"I have not been called, but I will if I am. Will you?"

"I have been called so I must go, as well as my banker and advisor."

"Lady Long will not be attending, even to spectate. I think perhaps her sisters should stay home as well, with her."

"I agree," Elora said quickly as Moira opened her mouth to speak against it. She closed her mouth and slouched. "They will all stay with their sister. I will be leaving after breakfast, do you intend to spectate?"

"I do not. I have seen all I need to see of Bertram Dupree. I will be staying and continuing to get my affairs in order, mine and Lady Long's."

"You have taken up your new role quickly."

"Do you think I should not?"

"It is convenient for you that her accounts are open to you now, as her husband."

"Is it?" he asked with an amused smile. "I find it inconvenient to have to bother with all of the hassle of this paperwork and transferral. It is not so much that it will make a significant change in my own fortune. The larger hassle is the estates and lands dispersed throughout the kingdom. I do not see why all of these estates are needed."

"They are not, but as her lineage dwindled, more and more was left to her. Scattered throughout Miovia and Mareshomese. They could not be sold, only managed, their income added to her locked account. They can all be sold now, or gifted. It is within your purview to grant estates now."

"Perhaps. I will see what my wife thinks once she has had time to finish grieving and wants to look it all over. For now I am simply getting things in order. This is very good, I am glad I will not have to bring a cook over. Pet, aren't you going to eat?"

Margot's head shot up, her eyes daggers. He smirked at her and motioned to her plate.

"I am not hungry," she answered through clenched teeth. "And I have asked you not to call me that!"

"Pet, perhaps you should ease your tone. I insist you eat something, you need to keep your strength up."

"Are you ordering me to as a husband or as my Lord and master?"

"I am asking you as someone who cares about making sure you stay healthy. You seem tired, Pet. Perhaps we should retire early."

"I am fine. Good for hours yet."

"Then you feel up to eating."

She picked up her fork and took a bite, stabbing her ham violently, as if to make a point. She chewed, still glaring at him. His smile spread as he watched her. He couldn't help but be amused, she was a little spitfire and he was enjoying it. In a slave he wanted deference and submission. In a wife, he was finding he was liking her fire.

He sat and watched her eat, waiting for her to look away, but she did not. She seemed to grow more angry instead of distressed and he leaned back, grinning. That seemed to infuriate her.

"Do you find something amusing, LORD Long?" she spat, saying 'Lord' as if it were a swear.

"I do, Pet. Why don't we retire for the evening and talk about it?"

She went pale, but still managed a glower. "I intended to..."

"I am sure you can see to whatever it is tomorrow, considering you will not be leaving the grounds tomorrow."

"I find I no longer wish to know what amuses you," she said, finally looking away, her cheeks coloring.

"No, Pet?" he asked, his tone dangerous.

Elora stood quickly and ushered Margot's sisters out of the dining hall. Jacob stood as well and rounded the table, holding his hand out to help her up. She stood, ignoring his hand and turned to follow her sisters. He caught her arm quickly and led her up to their rooms.

"These are my parents rooms!" she said, trying to pull away.

"No longer. Elora moved her things before we arrived. We are the Lord and Lady of the house now, the master suite is ours."

"But my room is..."

"Your things have been moved. Your mother is in that room now. Come, Pet," he demanded, pulling her into the room.

"It's all different... the bedding, the curtains, everything!"

"I didn't want you thinking of your parents when I took you to our bed."

"I am not comfortable with this..."

"I did not ask. Do you need help with your buttons, Pet?"

"I have asked you to stop calling me that!"

"You will not distract me, Pet. Take your dress off. Now."

"Or what? You will rape me again?"

"You are my wife, it is not rape, it is your duty. If I have to remove that dress, it will be ruined."

She turned away from him and began taking her dress off. He pulled his own clothes off, then went to her. She was hugging herself and hunched in on herself, facing away from him. He ran his hands up her arms gently and rested them on her shoulders, rubbing with his thumbs. After a moment, he turned her and thumbed her tears away as he lifted her face to his.

"Little Sprite," he said softly, as if testing the name on his tongue. "Come to bed with me. Let me make love to you."

"I have no choice, do I?" she asked, lowering her eyes again.

"You have a choice as to whether you enjoy it or not. You can let me please you, let me show you how nice it can be, or you can fight it and make me take what I want. I want to see you happy, I want to make you happy, but I will not let you pretend I do not exist and that we are not wed. I brought you here to see you happier, not so you could hide from me. Look at me Margot. It is not a hard choice, is it?"

She pulled her face out of his hand and looked away stubbornly. He sighed and led her to the bed. He pulled the blankets back and laid her down, then laid down next to her, leaning on one arm as he looked down at her. She lay stiffly, her arms at her sides, looking straight up. Her message was clear, she wouldn't fight but she wouldn't participate either. He smiled slightly and brushed a stray curl off of her cheek.

"You truly are a lovely creature," he murmured, looking her over. He traced his fingers over her collarbone, down her arm and back up, then down the side of her breast to her waist and hip. He saw her shiver slightly and goosebumps appear. He leaned close to her and kissed her temple, then her jaw and her neck, down to her shoulder and further. When he reached her breast, he pulled her nipple into his mouth, sucking and pulling as he caressed the other with his hand. He rolled her other nipple in his fingers, pulling and toying with her, mimicking the movements of his mouth on her other breast. He heard her breath catch and her breathing go ragged. Her hands went into fists on the sheets. He moved closer, pressing his body to hers, pulling her against him as he lifted his head and kissed her lips. He licked and sucked on her lower lip, pushed her mouth open and kissed her until she lost herself enough to kiss him back and touch his arm with her hand. He didn't gloat in his victory, but he did respond to it. He pulled her in even tighter and kissed her more thoroughly, forcing her mouth further and his hands gripped her. He slid his hand up her jaw and into her hair, gripping tightly and her hand went to his hair, her other up his arm to his shoulder. He eased his knee between hers, nudging her legs apart gently. She bent her leg up, her knee sliding up his thigh to his hip and hooking her foot behind his leg as she pulled him tighter against her. His excitement heightened and he moaned softly into her mouth as he moved his hand down to her thigh and up behind her knee, pulling it even higher.

The movement seemed to make her realize she was giving herself to him and she pulled away with a gasp. He growled lightly and pulled her face back to him, kissing her again and not letting her go. She pushed with her hands, but then hesitated, losing herself again. He could feel the transition, the moment of surrender and he revelled in it. He slid his hand down her thigh and then in, playing his fingers over her slit and she whimpered into his mouth but didn't fight him or pull away. She was wet and hot, so slick and ready for him.

He rolled and switched to his other elbow, reaching down to pull her other leg up to his hip. When he pressed his cock to her slit, she sucked her breath in in anticipation and raised her hips slightly. He pushed in slowly, holding her close to him and caressing her face as he kissed the top of her head.

"Oh, my sweet Little Sprite, you feel amazing," he whispered, then groaned slightly as he pushed deeper into her.

Her hands tightened and she tensed, whimpering slightly, but she pulled with her legs, pushing through the pain.

He was gentle and slow, holding her and kissing her gently everywhere he could reach. She gripped him with her hands, biting her lip and furrowing her brow as she gave herself over to him.

He came far too quickly in his excitement and her giving herself to him. She gasped and her eyes sprang open as she looked up at him. "That was lovely, my sweet Pet," he whispered.

She quickly looked away, spots of color blooming on her cheeks.

"Oh, no My Love," he chuckled. "You can't take it back now. Look at me. I loved that... that is what I want between us. Affection... adoration... love."

"Then you should have married someone who felt those things for you," she snapped, tears in her eyes. "Are you finished? May I sleep now, my LORD."

He laughed softly and nuzzled her ear. "Oh, Pet. The day will come, soon, when you realize you feel for me as I feel for you."

"No. I have had love, real love. I will never feel that way for you. That cannot be forced."

"Time will tell," he whispered, then kissed her temple before laying next to her and pulling her close. "Goodnight Little Sprite."

The next day was ridiculously long and Margot paced a lot. Jakob seemed to always be there, close, looking up from what he was working on, passing by as he saw to things. He called her to him in the afternoon and she felt dread welling up as she made her way to her father's office that he had claimed for his own.

"Hello Pet," he said brightly, but distractedly as he scribbled away. "Have a seat, I have some questions to put to you. Your estates. Do you wish to keep them and see something done with them, grant them, or sell them?"

"What estates? Where are they? How expansive? Do they have homes or just grounds?"

He went into detail about all of her estates and she sat and pondered for a moment. "Table them for the moment, I would like to speak to my sisters and mother."

"That is a wonderful idea, but I was loath to bring it up as I did not wish you to think I wanted rid of them. Now, your finances I have kept separate for your personal use. Not household personal, but additional personal. Actually, I had thought you might perhaps like to gift it to Elora and your sister as your father depleted everything that was hers. I would like her to stay here, but I do not want her to feel as if she must and she is beholden."

"You would allow that?" Margot asked, confused.

"Of course. Pet... I understand that you are a rich Lady, but I think you fail to understand that I am more rich. I was not a Lord, not before you, but your wealth does not hold a candle. And I do mean my own and not my fathers. Though that will also be left to me. Your fortune would make Elora and your sisters well set up on one or more of your estates, but you will not truly be giving up anything. I just thought if you were gifting what was being held so long for you, it would not be coming from me in any way. They would be more comfortable with that."

Margot nodded graciously. "I will see what they think. If nothing else, I can set it up in trusts for their dowries."

He nodded and went back to scribbling. "There are more things my love. Some few of your family heirlooms from here at the manor have been held in hock for some short while. Your father had no right to them, but he still took them. They were from your mother's family. Do you wish them returned?"

"What are they?" she asked, anger coloring her cheeks.

He went into detail with a long list that broke her heart. When he finished, he kept her all afternoon with other more trifling matters that he wanted her thoughts on. By the evening, she actually felt like what she wanted mattered to him.

Elora was pale when she returned home and she had been crying, Moira as well. Her sisters had been kept away from the trial, but had spent the day close, waiting. Only Margot had been forbidden to leave the manor.

Margot took Elora's arm and led her to the drawing room where all of the girls sat with the woman. Jakob came to the door to listen.

"They made a spectacle, of course!" Elora said angrily, more tears coming. "It could have been over in two hours, but they drew it out and made sure to bring as much disgrace as possible to our good name! What he did... the things he did, they are not excusable, but they had no cause to bring all of us down as well!"

"Is it prison then?" Margot asked softly, laying her head on Elora's lap.

"No Little Sprite. No. I am sorry, it was ordered he will lose his head. This Sunday."

Margot sat up and looked up at Elora, horrified.

Moira spoke up. "It was because of what he admitted to about killing your mother. She was... she was well loved and important. I'm sorry Little Sprite."

Margot laid her head back on Elora's lap and cried while Elora stroked her hair and held all of her weeping daughters.

Jake spoke up suddenly. "I will give you all time to grieve, of course, but Margot and I have been discussing things. I know now is a hard time for all of you just now, here in Miovia. Margot has three estates in Mareshomese and one that borders. Still here, but close. When I asked what she wanted done with them, she suggested one or all of you might wish to have them. There are more, of course, all over really, but with everything happening, I thought your land of birth might be a comfort. Not that she or I either one would wish to see you go, but she wanted it to be an option. For any of you, or all of you. It is purely your own choice. You could even go for a while and return here when you feel more refreshed, or you girls could just choose one and when you are married you will have it for your own..." he was floundering as all the women stared at him, not knowing if he was saying something wrong.

"Jakob," Margot said softly, shaking her head. "What he means is you are welcome to anything at all. Staying, or a local or distant estate. I hope you all stay, I would miss you, but I would also understand if you need time away. Jakob has also said he hopes you will all stay, he knows how much I need my family just now. The estates aren't going anywhere. You can decide now or five years from now or fifty years from now. We can talk about it later. Mama, are you alright?"

"I am well, Little Sprite. It was a hateful, hurtful day, but I will manage. I am happy I have my girls to comfort me in this time and I am happy I can be here to comfort my girls. Lord Long, I am grateful for your understanding and generosity. I will think on your offer and decide what I think is best for my other daughters and I."

"Of course, take your time. And if there's anything I can do, please let me know."

"Can you take back roasting our father on a spit and making him into a monster?" Helena raged at him, then turned and buried her face in her mother's arms.

Jakob blanched and raked his fingers through his hair. "I am sorry for that, it was ill done... I have no excuse. Pet, I will be in my office," he said miserably, then left.

He did not come to dinner, but when he came to bed that night, he kissed her and held her and made love to her again. She turned away after and still tried to pretend she did not care, but he held her with a smile anyway.