Marita at Bat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But I did. Less than two weeks later I got a call from the animal hospital front desk asking for me. The receptionist identified herself and said Marita needed help. When I suggested they should call Roberto, I was told he was the problem. They asked me to come right away.

I was ushered back to the large animal exam room only to find Marita curled up on the table, weeping. The receptionist silently stepped back leaving the two of us in the room. I went up to Marita and gently placed my hand on her shoulder. She jumped, looked at me and started screaming.

"Get out! Just get out, dammit! I know you're gonna rub my nose in it."

I stepped back and sat in a rickety old chair by the door. "What? Look, Marita, I'll leave if you really want me to go. I'm not rubbing your nose in anything. I don't know what the hell is going on, anyway. Sally called and asked me to come down."

"She should mind her own fuckin' business."

"She's worried about you."

"There's nothing wrong that I can't fix, now leave me alone."

"OK, I'll go, but I want you to know you can call anytime, day or night, if you need help."

I had barely closed the door when I heard her yell out, "Manny, please..." and as I opened the door again, she ran sobbing to my arms. I held her for a few minutes until she calmed down slightly before I led her back to her office. She sat in a chair while I kneeled next to her. Her crying eventually settled down and she took in a few deep gulps, looked me in the eye and started talking.

"Roberto, he's taken the kids. I told him not to, but he took them out of school this morning and is driving them to his hometown down in California, at least that's what he told me. I was frantic when I got a call from the school. I called him and he was on the road. He let me talk to Juan, who sounded worried, but I think he was trying to put on a brave act. Isabella was crying in the background and asked for me."

"Does he have any legal right to take them?"

"No! I have full custody!"

"Have you told anyone?"

"No, I uh..."

"Marita, this is serious. These are your kids. Look, we need to call the authorities right away."

"I know I should've, but I'm so embarrassed that I've screwed up again."

"You haven't screwed up. Now, tell me, where's his home town? What are his parents' names? Address? Maybe the state patrol can stop his car..."

With all the information given to me, I called the local sheriff's office. I was patched through to their missing persons officer. I gave him a thumbnail sketch of what had happened and where Roberto was likely headed. Halfway through it was clear the officer was very concerned. At the end he asked for my contact number and promised to spread the word all the way to California and set up an Amber Alert. I was amazed how quickly it went through. Every cell phone in the office shrieked the message within five minutes.

Marita settled down a little and I was able to convince her to leave work and come home with me. Halfway home my phone rang with caller ID showing the sheriff's office.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Gomez?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"We got him!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. A deputy down near the border was looking for speeders and our man was going ten over. Once his plates were run, well, then they brought him in."

"What about the kids? Are they OK?"

"Apparently so. They're with the Basalt County Child Welfare social worker."

"Can you get them a message that their mom is on her way and will be there in three hours or so."

"I'll tell them four hours, Sir. You don't want to be stopped for doing ten over yourself, do you?"

"No, I guess not. Thanks for the good news and the warning. We're leaving right now."

While I was talking on the phone Marita's expression went from abject misery to a beaming smile. Once I hung up, she launched herself into my arms. "Thank you so much for your help. You are an angel."

"I don't think so, but I'm glad things are working out. We need to get down there right away. Let's swing by your office and pick up your divorce papers and the rulings about total custody."

Fifteen minutes later we left the city and were on our way. The roads were dry and we still had several hours of daylight. For much of the trip Marita talked about her failed relationships and bemoaned her poor choice in men. "I thought Roberto was a new man. He seemed happy with the kids and was nice to them. He was looking for work and I thought we'd probably get back together. What a fool, no, what an ass I was to believe him."

I let her ramble on for a while and when she seemed to have lost steam, I gently spoke up, "You're not an ass, you're not a fool. You're a good mom who was trying to do right by your kids. It's OK to misjudge someone, we all do it now and then."

"And I was so mean to you when he came back. How will you ever forgive me?"

"You weren't mean. You were doing what you thought was best for them, just like any good mom would do. And there's nothing to forgive."

"Really?"

"Really."

"But I got my third strike. You told me after my previous two fiascos that I had two strikes and I had another chance. Now I don't," she sniffled.

"Nah," I chuckled, "This was a foul tip. You're still at bat."

"I hope so. I don't want to be a loser for the rest if my life."

"You're not a loser. You've got great kids. You're doing well at your job..."

"Yeah, you know they even want to make me office manager. Did I tell you?"

"No. That's great news."

"Our current manager is retiring and because I had some business classes at the JC, they want to give me a chance. I hope this doesn't change their minds."

"They'd be fools if they did. You've been there for several years and you're the top tech. They know you and your work. I'll bet you the job's still yours."

"I hope so."

From there the conversation drifted to other topics. We talked politics and shared more about ourselves. I learned a lot more about her and her background. She had worked hard and done very well with her life, even while taking care of her two children. I was impressed and I told her so.

We made it to the social worker's office right before five p.m. She let the kids see their mom and there were tears all around. The social worker had the kids stay in a play room while she took us back for an interview. Marita was grilled fairly intensely about why this had happened and what her plans for the future were. Fortunately, we had the papers showing her the legal issues and after a few private calls and telling us Roberto would remain in custody, the social worker let us go.

It was quite late and we all were hungry so we hit a local burger joint. I did not want to drive another four hours home and suggested we stay in a motel. Our sleeping arrangements were the same as the last time but unfortunately there was no mirror to let me watch Marita when she got dressed in the morning. We made it home by midafternoon and once I dropped them off, I went to my place and crashed.

Two days later I was working hard on a new project when I heard a soft knocking on my door. I opened it to Marita who gave me a tiny hug before I escorted her into the living room.

"So, what brings you here today?"

"Manny, I've been such a fool and I want to apologize in person for my behavior lately."

"What do you mean?"

"You and I, well, uh, our relationship was getting promising and I went out and screwed it up by going back to Roberto just because he showed up."

"Uh, I don't quite remember it that way. It seemed you were wanting him back in your kids' lives. How can that be bad?"

"Well, that wasn't, but I should have let him back into their lives without turning my back on you. I'm so sorry," she hiccupped as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Hey," I answered as I brought her into my arms for a reassuring hug, "It's over and done with. Let's forget it ever happened, OK?"

"But I can't forget."

"Well, I will and I'll officially forgive you if..."

"If what?"

"If we can start over and see where things go. OK?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're forgiven, I've forgotten. Now, about that starting over thing..."

She looked up at me and squeezed me a little before a smile creased her face. "Dinner. Could we start with dinner?"

"Sure. Where would you like to go?"

"Nowhere. I want to invite you over. The two adore you and I think you're fond of them."

"OK, deal. Just tell me when and I'll be there." We made plans for a few nights later, I gave her a final squeeze and a kiss on her cheek before she headed back in to work.

I arrived promptly at six and was met by the two at the door. They were laughing and talking over each other as they led me inside. The aroma from the kitchen was wonderful and once I followed my nose, I saw her.

She was leaning over a chopping block while working on some cilantro. The lighting gave a warm feeling to the room. She had her hair tied up off her thin, attractive neck while a few strands fell forward in front of her face. She had her lips pinched between her teeth as she concentrated on her task. The apron snug at the waist seemed to nicely emphasize her figure; nice breasts and a full, attractive ass. And it was at that very instant I knew I wanted her. You may think I was crazy, and maybe I was. We had done nothing more than some mild necking and many of our times together were dealing with her issues, but I knew she was the one.

Those few seconds were interrupted when the kids ran through the kitchen playing some kind of game. She turned to me and with her hands occupied, she rubbed her face on her upper arm to push the hair away. She had a warm smile and her eyes sparkled. I couldn't help it. I was drawn to her like the proverbial moth to a flame. I took the knife from her hand, dropped it on the counter behind her and wrapped my arms around her. She looked up at me with a slightly puzzled look until I smiled and brought my lips down to hers.

The kiss was sensuous and warm. It was also the nicest kiss I could ever recall. Her lips were soft, inviting and barely parted. I nibbled on her lower lip as she nibbled on my upper. Her tongue gingerly teased me and parted my lips even further. My mind was completely occupied with the pleasure and warmth we were sharing until I heard a voice behind me.

"Mommy, what are you doing?"

She broke from me and looked over at the giggling Isabella. "Uh, Manny and I have decided to spend more time together, you know, like adults do. And kissing is part of that."

I was delighted she announced that we'd be 'together' even though we'd not had any such conversation. I turned to Isabella and squatted down to look her in the eye.

"Is it OK with you? You know, that we were kissing?"

"Yeah, I guess. It's kinda gross, though."

Marita jumped in. "It isn't gross for grown-ups. Someday you'll want to kiss someone, I'm sure."

"Yeah, maybe. Hey, Juan, guess what I just saw," she shouted as she ran from the room.

I turned to Marita and whispered, "I'd like to spend more time doing that, if it's OK with you."

"It's more than OK. If you play your cards right, once the kids are asleep..."

"I'll take that as a promise," I chuckled.

Dinner was wonderful and I helped with the clean up as the kids got ready for bed. They sat around in their PJs watching some mindless sitcom until they were nodding off. Marita escorted them into their rooms and was gone for some little while before she returned wearing a pair of her own PJs. Thin silk-like material barely concealed her curves and her nipples were easily seen tenting the material.

She sat down on the couch next to me and scooted close before looking up at me. "Now, where were we when Isabella interrupted?" she asked.

"Somewhere right about here," I answered as I took her in my arms and leaned down for another kiss. The kisses were almost oxymoronic, you know, like jumbo shrimp.

They were sweet, but tart.

Soft, but firm.

Teasing, but promising.

But the best thing of all was they were with her. After a bit, we broke apart and she looked at me with a wry smile. "I find myself wanting to take you back to my bedroom."

"And I wanting to go with you."

"You know," she went on, "I have a responsibility for my kids and I will not expose them to us sleeping together, you know, having sex. Not yet any way. And I didn't with Alejandro or Roberto, just for your info."

"I completely understand. Uh, perhaps we can get ahold of Jessica for next weekend. Interested?"

"Yes, definitely! And how about Fred? Could we do some sleepovers for the kids? Then we'd have a chance to do our own sleepover."

"Yeah, I think we could. But for now, I want another sample of your lips. OK?"

"Mmmm," was the only answer I got as she leaned over and brought her lips to mine.

That night at home I kept thinking about her. I realized I had fallen for her. Since my divorce years before, my sex life had been limited to occasional flings, one-night stands, one friend-with-benefits arrangement and, of course, Rosy Palm. But I was looking forward to being with Marita, not just having sex with her. That's what told me there was more to this than simply getting my rocks off. I went to sleep and dreamed of her for most of the night.

I called Fred and told him Marita and I were looking for a night alone. He hooted and laughed and told me it was about time I settle down. We set up a couple of nights, the first would be Juan and Isabella going over to their place and later we would host. I texted Marita that we had the following Friday free of kids. She texted me back an emoji of a little devil sporting a leering smile.

Marita insisted on cooking for the two of us that Friday night. When I arrived, she was wearing dark green leggings and a beige sweater-top featuring a round Christmas ornament over each breast and a plunging neckline. We kissed at the door before she invited me in. Dinner was spectacular and the wine I brought helped put us in a festive mood. After we tidied up, she took my hand and led me out to the tiny patio in back of her house. After bundling up under blankets, we sat silently side by side, holding hands and sipping the last of the wine. Once we finished our drinks she turned to me with a smile I could see even in the dark.

"Hey, you," she whispered.

"Yeah?"

"You know a little about baseball, don't you?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"It seems a certain batter swung and missed the first two pitches."

"Oh?"

"Then a foul tip kept her at the plate."

"I told you you're still in the game."

"Yeah, but I'm thinking on the next pitch this batter is going to hit a home run."

"I see."

"Care to help me around the bases?" she asked as she stood and reached for my hand.

I stood up and kissed her gently before answering, "If second, third and home are as nice as first base, I'll be glad to help you."

"Oh, Honey, for the record, I'm on the pill and I got myself checked last week. I'm all OK. You?"

"My last check was also good. If you want, I'll use a condom..."

"No," she interrupted. "Not necessary. Come on, follow me."

With my hand in hers, she led me back into her house and down the hallway to her bedroom which was fairly small but neat with a few tasteful pictures on the wall. She sat down on the queen bed and pulled me to her where she started to undo my belt and zipper.

"We could spend a lot of time fiddling around and slowly taking each other's clothes off, but I want you naked and next to me. Now," she laughed.

"OK, your house, your rules," I smiled back at her. Once my pants were undone, she pulled them down only to be frustrated by my shoes. I turned and sat next to her, took off my shoes and pulled the pants completely off. As I turned to her, I felt fingers starting to open my shirt and before I knew it, I was sitting next to her with nothing but my boxers on.

"That's better, much better."

"Glad you like it. What about you?"

"Your job, you up for it?" she answered as she raised her arms above her head. I gently grabbed the bottom of her sweater and pulled it up and off of her. She obviously had had no bra on and her generous breasts were full and stood proud on her chest. Her nipples crinkled up in the cool air of the room. "You like?"

"Yeah, very much," I answered as I reached up and slowly stoked her left one lightly with my fingertip. "There's one little problem, though."

"What?" she asked fearfully.

"These leggings. How does one get you out of them?"

"Just grab the top and pull them down. Easy."

I did so slowly and deliberately. At the beginning I saw her bright red panties and as I pulled the leggings further, her beautiful legs gradually came into view. Finally, the leggings were off and I gently nudged her down onto the bed before I pulled off my boxers and sat near her feet.

Her smile was sweet with tiny little dimples. Her breasts had flattened slightly against her chest but were still prominent. Her belly was womanly and slightly full with a few faint stretch marks along the sides. The tiny scrap of cloth covering nirvana did little to hide the fact she was already getting wet. Her legs were sleek, muscular and shapely all at the same time. "Eres hermosa," I murmured as I looked at her, "You're absolutely beautiful."

She smiled in response and a tiny blush crossed her cheeks. I reached up past her thighs and gently grabbed the tiny panties and slowly pulled them down her legs. A small patch of straight black hair covered her mound while her lips were shaved clear. Moisture glistened between them and when I leaned down to smell her, the scent of an aroused woman mixed with a hint of perfume greeted my nose. Closer and closer I came to her pussy until the hair tickled my nose. I slowly gave her an Australian kiss, you know, a kiss down under, and let my tongue trace up between her lips dragging her moisture with it to her clit.

"Ahh," she sighed quietly, "Nice."

I took that as her approval and dragged my tongue up her slit again. And again. Her taste was divine and I could hear more sighs with each lick. I increased the frequency and the pressure of the licking, paying particular attention to her pearl. My tongue would go around and around it while at the same time I applied some suction. Her pelvis started to thrust up towards me in time with my licking and I felt her hands gripping my head, pulling me tighter and tighter towards her. Slowly I parted her lips with my index finger and slipped it inside, stroking first near her cervix and then the front of her canal also in time with the licks.

Her pelvis arched up off the bed, her hands held me tighter and tighter and I heard her agitated moaning become louder and louder. Then with a keening wail she called out my name and thrashed about so much I could barely stay with her. As she settled down I eased off my tonguing and fingering until she relaxed back on the bed and dropped her hands to her side.

"Oh my God, Manny, where have you been all my life? I haven't had decent oral sex in years and it was, that was unfuckingbelievable."

"Glad you liked it. Fun from my side, too."

"You may have had fun, but I had an out-of-body experience. Wow."

I didn't say anything else but held her while letting my tongue slowly slide across her yoni a few more times. She eventually seemed to gather her strength and sat up while looking at me. She reached down, gently pulled me to her and licked around my lips before giving me a deep, sensual kiss. Her hand drifted down my belly and grabbed my rigid member, slowly stroking it up and down.

"Any chance I can return the favor?"

"Uh, maybe later. Right now, I want to make love with you in the worst way. OK?"

"Of course. Here," she said as she spread her legs a little more, "You get on top, but let me raise up my butt with a pillow first. Helps it feel better."