All Comments on 'Marjorie's Story'

by fanfare

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Interesting

Don't know what else to say

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thanks!

Yes, it was interesting, written with reserve but still emotional enough in parts to get me involved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
future

Please, In the future if you must try to write this drivel at least post it in Non Erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Gave you a 5 for effort and the content

Keep writing and fuck dear annony and the place you put the story !! It's a good read and annony eats shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Rumblin', stumblin' mess

Didn't seem like a story. Just some misc. events strung together. Certainly not a Loving Wives submission. Poorly conceived and badly done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Shut the fuck up bonnie!

If your going to post anonymous, at least stop knocking other anonymous commenters. Go fuck yourself instead.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
The big error in the story....

The big error in the story was: "The negro porter"....1*

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years agoAuthor
play nicely now, children

I apologize to those readers who did not understand the Author's Notes. I'd hoped I was clear that this is NOT a fictional story. This was based on what real life events, real live people really experienced. Or to be more accurate, based upon their memories of those times.

Yes it is disjointed and politically incorrect and perhaps their memories were confused and cluttered with trivia. Unless you were there and personally participated, I see no reason to accept your criticism of other people's lives.

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I AGREE...

Master_falcon90 is correct. I agree with him. This was interesting but...

This is like a preamble or a writer exercise.

I gave you no grade as it struck me this is incomplete. Just a part of something else.

Technically the writing is alright . And your protagonist, she reminded me of my grandmother.

Telling me about her life when she was young. Terrible and wonderful things happen to her. When she told me her story 60 years later. She was very matter of fact. Like it had occurred to another person.

Fanfare your "Marjorie's Story" reminded me of that event. Thanks you very much, my grandmother passed in 1999 at the age of 92.

AMerryman

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Compelling, hard to put down

Not my usual story, read like a historical biography, but extremely well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Oh, what garbage !!

Pathetic and boring drivel, with NO writing skills in sight ! 1* of course !

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 6 years ago
Well, not a story with a wide appreciative audience

There's good reason why true events often make for poor stories. Written in an old fashion voice, The narrator is both stoic and pretty limited in descriptive narrative skills, and as a result dramatic events are downplayed. As a result, it doesn't make a very satisfying story for a modern audience.

Chilley

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Interesting

Interesting story, interesting times and likable character. I kept waiting for something to happen, but it was a pretty smooth flow. Maybe there will be more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous