Mark & Lorraine Analyse That

Story Info
Critical Path Analysis.
9.8k words
4.28
2.7k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story contains characters from other stories but is intended as stand alone.

All comments and feedback are gratefully received as I'm hoping the feedback will encourage improvements in my work. This is a work of fiction from the deep dank recesses of my mind and any resemblance to real people is purely accidental.

This story depicts Lesbian and heterosexual sex, if this not to your liking, please visit some of my other submissions, otherwise I hope you enjoy.

----------

Lorraine was a colleague that Mark didn't interact with every day, but his current project had thrown them together and he was rather enjoying himself. She was far from a runway model, having a little body fat that sat nicely on her hips, around 5 8 or 5 9 with shoulder length tousled brunette hair and piercing green eyes. What really captivated Mark was her pretty face, her impish giggle and when she smiled her dimples appeared at the sides of her mouth. Naturally Mark was always trying to play the clown so that she kept smiling.

The two were involved on the project for their analytical skills, hers from a software code point of view and his from a customer process stance. They quickly established a rapport that stemmed from a mutual appreciation of the Big Bang storyline where two of the characters stylised a romance in terms of scientific tests and results and so they twisted the plot around to an analytical stance which they applied to a variety of scenarios from making a drink through to navigating their way home -- you had to be there, I guess.

During one exchange Lorraine confessed that she would like to try a new restaurant that had opened nearby but it wasn't her mother's thing -- her mother being her only companion at the moment. Mark knew that Lorraine had split from her husband and had assumed she was keeping a new partner quiet from the office gossip but hearing her confession started him thinking. He decided to take a gamble by offering "Well, if you want to try it out without having to go on your own why don't the two of us give it a try on our own but together? It won't be a date or anything just two colleagues providing each other with a bit of company" the worst that could happen is he got shot down in flames this early on.

Lorraine had opened her mouth to say that she appreciated the offer but wasn't sure but then promptly closed her mouth. She liked Mark and he made her laugh but part of her was still emotionally bruised from her separation, and she was still adjusting to life as a single woman. Largely she had been accustomed to it but then there were scenarios like this where having a companion would be nice. What had actually split her, and her husband was Lorraine was unsure if the company she craved was from a man or another woman.

Having worked it through in her head Lorraine nodded and replied "I'd like that, as long as it isn't a date. I have some emotional baggage to sort out in my head and don't want to saddle anyone with it just yet" hoping this had staked her position before Mark jumped to any conclusions.

"Excellent" beamed Mark and said "I was going to say it's a date, only it's not. I guess I should say it's a non-date. I'll get a table booked and see when they can fit the two of us in". For the next fifteen minutes they went through their mutual routine of mapping out the process Mark would go through to book a table, the critical path analysis and decision points he would encounter. Yes, she liked the way Mark played along.

They continued to work well together over the course of the week, beginning to find out different details of each other's lives. Thursday evening came around, the non-date they were due to visit the restaurant. As Lorraine usually got a lift into work, Mark had offered to convey her to the restaurant and drop her off at home afterwards -- he was at pains to stipulate the offer was of one colleague helping another and certainly not in a date way. He also confessed that he would find it hard to go dutch on the bill as he had a bit old fashioned upbringing -- you know hold the door open for a lady, pick up the bill and so on.

It turned out that they had a tremendous time. At no point had they talked about their work although they had done their analysis routine a couple of times to decide what they would choose from the menu. Mark had admitted that he hadn't managed to find his Mrs Right yet but was determined to continue the search even though he suspected he was too picky. Lorraine had told him about her marriage breakup and how, although she hadn't given up hope of finding that someone special, she was still unsure what she wanted in the next partner.

Mark delivered the knockout blow when he asked, "Are you looking for that special man or, the way you described it, that special someone could just as easily be a woman?"

Lorraine's jaw nearly hit the table and she felt compelled to ask, "How did you know that's my particular dilemma?"

Mark looked genuinely shocked "Well, it was just a stray comment. I mean this is the 21st Century after all so why should it make a difference? It's obviously something you're not making public knowledge and so you can rely on me to keep quiet. Who knows maybe our combined analytical skills can combine and find the right person for you? -- when you are ready of course and ditched that emotional baggage."

Lorraine should have been alarmed that her secret was out and yet she felt both relieved to have it known by another person and sure that Mark would be a good confidant. She found Mark easy company and found herself confiding more than she would have thought. In fact, over the next week or so, she found herself confiding more and more in Mark until she realised, he knew more than some of her oldest or closest friends, there wasn't much about her he didn't know. There were a couple of occasions when they were in company and he could have mentioned something to the others and yet she saw him sit there with a knowing look, making no attempt to join in the conversation.

Mark subsequently asked if she wanted to see a particular film that was about to come out -- in case her lack of partner would stop her seeing it. After a moment's thought Lorraine accepted and once again, they mapped out a decision tree of which cinema, which screen and the time of the showing -- It was another of those 'you had to be there' moments. She actually enjoyed the play acting the two engaged in while sat side by side during the popcorn sharing. In the same manner as their restaurant visit, Mark had driven and at the end of the evening took Lorraine home. It was raining and he insisted on her stopping in the car while he extracted the umbrella from the back and came around to open her door for her to step out safely under the umbrella. Once they reached the front door, Lorraine stood on her tiptoes and kissed Mark on the cheek proclaiming, "My gallant hero".

Should Mark leave it there? Instead, he turned his face to hers, leant down and gave her a single lingering kiss on the lips. Without giving her a chance to comment, Mark turned, bid her goodnight and left. Lorraine was rooted to the spot; her head was spinning trying to process this new dynamic as she watched him reach his car, wave and climb into his car before pulling off.

'Did she like it that he had kissed her?' Actually yes, it was very nice if totally unexpected.

'Did she wish he was still stood there kissing her more?' Yes again, it would have been nice.

'How would she feel seeing him in the morning?', 'What would she do if he tried to kiss her once more?', 'Did the kiss mean he wanted to form a relationship with her?' Despite her analytical skills, she had no answer to these questions.

She touched her fingers to her lips where his had touched but then realised how silly she looked just stood outside her own front door. She unlocked the door, kicked her shoes off and went and sat down in her living room, unable to think of anything other than that kiss. Her kiss had been out of innocence, his had intent in it. It was a good half hour before she shook her head and made her way to her bedroom, but restful sleep was the last thing she got.

When she arrived at the office the next day, Mark was already sat at his desk and speaking on the phone and so she took her seat and waited for him to finish. When the call had ended Mark smiled over to her and said, "Good morning"

Her reply was a distracted "Morning". As they were the only ones in that part of the office today Lorraine stood up and sat at a chair next to Mark's desk. She squared her shoulders back and asked in a hushed voice, "What did you think you were doing last night before you left?"

Mark knew full well what she was talking about but feigned innocence and replied, "Protecting you from the rain".

Lorraine gave this little growl that made Mark chuckle and said "Not that. Afterwards, what did you think you were doing kissing me?"

Mark shrugged and replied "Saying thank you for one of the most enjoyable evenings that I've had for quite some time. Did you not enjoy yourself last night?"

Lorraine blustered slightly saying "Well, yes I did enjoy myself".

Before she could continue Mark asked, "And did you enjoy my kiss?"

"Well yes, but that's not the point" was her reply.

"Well, what is the point?" he asked with a completely innocent expression.

Lorraine was now in full force mode even though she kept her voice low, "You know full well that I'm still trying to find out what I need".

Mark leant back in his chair and enquired "And how does one kiss stop you exploring the possibilities? Did you not like being kissed? Being thought of as desirable?"

Once again, Lorraine was blustering "Well, yes, it was very nice. It just made me more confused than I was before..." she then stopped short as she then asked, "... what do you mean desirable?"

Mark kept a straight face and replied "Exactly as I said. It may surprise you, but people find you attractive, desirable even, use whichever term works for you, and I'm one of those people. Look you told me a while back that you were uncertain about the way forward. May I suggest that while you're making your mind up, that maybe you consider what is right under your nose. I know you've been treated a bit shitty in the not-too-distant past and I fully support your efforts to explore your options, but I'd hate for you to give up completely on men without me at least trying to change your mind that we're not all complete shits."

Lorraine just sat there opened mouthed and stared at him as she processed what he had said. For his part Mark just sat back in his chair until her face softened and asked, "What do you propose we do and how would you feel if I still wanted to explore... "she paused to lower her voice further "... the other option".

Mark leant forward conspiratorially replying "What we do is entirely up to us and no-one else. Nothing is being implied from my side, there are no expectations or guarantees. It might be a complete disaster -- I don't think it will if the last few weeks have proved anything -- but we won't know if we don't give it a try. Above all I will approach each time as an adventure, but I can't stipulate enough that there are absolutely no expectations from my side. I'm just looking to have some enjoyable little adventures with a friend".

He allowed her a few moments to absorb what he had said before he added "As for exploring 'the other option' I fully support you trying it so that you can at least say that you explored both options". Lorraine looked pensive, stood up and returned to her desk.

Every so often she would look over at Mark and at the moment he thought she would say something she looked back at her screen. He left it an hour so she could gather her thoughts before sending her a discreet text 'Are we still friends?', he watched her reaction and saw her smirk at the screen while she read it, he got a smiley face text as a reply, so he sent a further message 'Fancy getting out of the office for lunch? We can either talk or just sit there in silence' he got a thumbs up in reply.

The chosen lunch venue was away from the office and therefore little chance of being seen by any of their colleagues. They did their little routine of mapping out their dish decisions and when both were sat down with their lunch choices Mark felt he had to break the ice asking, "So where is your head at right now?"

Lorraine nodded approvingly and replied "My head is in a good place right now. Thank you for asking. I've chewed over our conversation earlier and realised I'm panicking over nothing". Mark burst into a broad grin at hearing that and allowed her to continue "I'm going to accept your proposal as long as it comes with no expectations other than having a good time. What have I got to lose?"

"Exactly" replied Mark before continuing "What do you say to going for a drive in the country this weekend and peruse some antique and thrift shops? You've mentioned you like to upcycle furniture". Lorraine was pleasantly surprised to find a man that actually listened to her interests and so she agreed. The weather was fare, and it was nice to get off the beaten track. At one point they were walking down a street and Lorraine suggested sitting down for a drink. Just at that moment she spotted a table ahead that was being vacated by another couple and inadvertently reached for Mark's hand to pull him in that direction only to find that once they took their seats that Mark wouldn't let go of her hand and so she left them intertwined.

Once they finished their drinks, they stood up to continue their exploration only this time they did so hand in hand. Lorraine felt a little disappointed when they arrived back at her house as this normally heralded their time together was coming to an end. Mark walked her to her front door and leant down for their second kiss which made Lorraine's pulse jump in reaction. What she didn't know was it was having the same effect on him. It was followed by a further, longer kiss but then Mark pulled away from the kiss and said, "Good evening" and made his way to the car. Her heart was beating rapidly and secretly Lorraine had hoped for more but then considered the approach was typical of Mark.

A couple of lunch dates ensued the following week and during the second Mark suggested they take a trip to a local public park. Both were thoroughly delighted when the other reached for the others hand so that they could walk holding hands. On arriving back at Lorraine's Mark once again walked her to door and leant down for more kisses. This time he seemed in no rush to depart and between kisses Lorraine suggested that they go inside for a drink as the temperature outside had started to drop.

With drinks dispensed, the two sat side by side on the sofa when Lorraine leant to her side so that her face was inches away from Mark's waiting to see if he would take the next step. Thankfully without a moment's hesitation he leant forward to close the gap and attach his lips to hers. The drinks were left forgotten as the kissing grew in intensity and Mark was the first to make his tongue do the exploring of Lorraine's mouth and lips which she readily accepted.

Mark was mindful to keep his hands still while holding her close and was pleased with the new dynamic until Lorraine pulled back with a concerned look on her face and so Mark naturally asked, "What's the matter?"

It took a few heartbeats before she answered, "I'm enjoying this, it feels a natural progression, but I'm concerned about the physical side of things".

Mark shrugged his shoulders and said "So, don't worry about it then. We'd only go there when and if you are ready for it. It's a big step. It will change the dynamic between colleagues." He then leant in for another kiss and was delighted when she followed suit.

That was as far as they went that evening and Mark left at a reasonable time with one final kiss at the door. He had started to look at her as very desirable but knew one wrong move in too much haste could ruin things. The next couple of dates progressed along the same lines until one Saturday when it changed forever. They were sat on Lorraine's sofa and having engaged in some intense kissing Mark was delighted when she climbed on to his lap and sat on his legs. That in itself wasn't as surprising as Lorraine reaching down mid-kiss and pulled his right hand and placed it squarely on her left breast.

He didn't mind but did pull away from the kiss and his face portrayed his puzzlement. Lorraine whispered, "It's okay, honest" and leant back into the kiss which Mark reciprocated, taking her words as a good sign and continued to flex his fingers on her boob. It was a sign of her own frustrations; she knew he was too much of a gentleman to have pushed her too far. Within a few minutes Lorraine pulled her shirt out of the waistband of her trousers and moved Mark's hand from the front of her shirt to underneath. This meant he was in direct contact with her lacy bra and her enflamed nipple could clearly be felt pressed into his palm, the more he flexed his fingers, the more she mumbled approvingly into their kiss.

Lorraine guessed that Mark was purposely holding back waiting for her to take the lead and so she decided to break away from the kiss so that she could lift her shirt over her head and cast it aside. Just as she began to feel unsure of herself Mark whistled and said approvingly, "Mmmm, very nice" and pulled her down to kiss her all over again. This allowed her time to think through her next action, her ego had been suitably lifted and she so wanted to do something nice for Mark in return, just then inspiration struck.

Without breaking off from their kiss she reached both hands behind her back and unclasped her bra. It took a moment for Mark to realise that the elasticated straps had become loose, but it was Lorraine tugging at her bra to discard it that alerted him to the change as his hand settled on warm naked flesh. This time they both groaned in the kiss, but Lorraine's was longer, Mark's actions were having a direct effect on the way her pussy twitched and it had been so long since she had felt like this.

Mark started to lift her from his lap which hinted to her that she should assist and so wriggled so that she was sat beside where he had vacated. He leant his head down and attached his lips to her nearest nipple, they had always been sensitive, but she felt little pulses going from them directly to her pussy which had started to leak profusely. She may not have the largest breasts Mark had played with, but the size of her rubbery nipples ensured they had his undivided attention.

In time Mark reached down and started to undo Lorraine's trousers. After the first initial kiss, it was the first progressive move he had made but he was hoping that her actions and reactions so far were the signal he was reading. Sure enough, as he tugged at her trousers Lorraine started to wiggle her hips trying to help him remove them as she crumbled into a fit of giggles. Once her trousers were around her ankles, he repeated the move to remove her panties. Subconsciously he was holding his breath, any fleeting concerns he had that he was exerting too much pressure on her were allayed as she similarly wiggled her hips to aid their removal.

He kissed his way down her stomach to find everywhere around her labia was sodden. He pushed her legs open and leant his head forward so that he could run his tongue over her enflamed clit making her jump slightly as a jolt shot through her lower stomach. Mark's tongue enquired further down and plugged her pussy, curling it to scoop up as much of her tangy juice as was possible and draw it into his mouth. After the first couple of dips, he was addicted, she tasted delicious.

For her part Lorraine was in raptures, his enquiring tongue delved deeper each time. He had a firm grasp on her hips to restrict her wriggling while she had her fingers gripped through the hair on the back of his head as she tried to buck her hips up and down, but he made sure she wasn't escaping his attentions easily. The deeper he probed with his tongue the more she bucked her crotch up to him but when he replaced his tongue with two of his fingers it hit. Her pussy convulsed around the fingers he was twitching at her g-spot, her clit jumped against his tongue, her legs thrashed around, and her vision blurred -- this climax was long overdue and was a humdinger.