Marnie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marnie had too many sleepless nights to submit to Pamela once again.

"Fuck you Pam," she said, with as much vitriol as she could muster.

Pamela laughed and then tucked her tit back into her bra and buttoned her blouse. "My dear, I think you've fucked yourself."

* * * * *

It was late afternoon when Marnie returned from her meeting with Dr. Wentworth. The pub was still empty and Blaine and Aidan were prepping for the light crowd expected for that Monday night.

"Hey Marnie, you look a bit down in the dumps," said Aidan. He wiped off the bar counter with a damp rag and started to wash a few dirty glasses from the previous evening. Then he noticed his little sister had been crying.

"Marnie, you OK?" he asked, now concerned. He came around to the front of the bar to comfort her.

She fell into his arms and buried her head in his shoulder.

"Aidan, I'm in trouble."

"What kind of trouble?"

Fiona had walked into the pub while they were talking. "Trouble?" Fiona repeated, having heard a snippet of their conversation.

Aidan called Blaine over. Marnie told the three of them about her affair with Lauren and recounted the meeting she had just had with Dr. Wentworth. Blaine stopped her when she told them about Wentworth making a sexual advance towards her.

"She did what?" he asked in shock.

Marnie laid out the gory details of their encounter, which naturally led to her admission at what happened in order to secure her permission for a faculty advisor. Blaine, Aidan and Fiona sat there in stunned silence.

"I cannot begin to comprehend what we've just heard. We should call the police immediately," Blaine said emphatically.

Marnie was despondent. "And tell them what. A student who was just accused of sexual misconduct is impugning the integrity of the English department chair, as well as a member of the University's Executive Committee. Right. We'll probably be arrested for filing a false police report."

Blaine's tempered was cooled by Marnie's sobering assessment.

"We can fix this," said Fiona, graciously overlooking her friend's broken promise. "We have about 48 hours until the evidence is disclosed. What do we know about Simone Dawkins?"

"Not much ... other than she seems like she likes to poke her nose in other people's business," Marnie lamented.

"Let's find out what we can about this Simone person," Aidan chimed in.

"What good will that do?" asked Marnie.

"Fair is fair. She was snooping on you. Why don't we snoop on her?"

"I agree with Fiona and Aidan," Blaine concluded. "You're looking at expulsion. What's the harm in finding out what we can about Simone, and if there's nothing, then you'll have to take your chances in the disciplinary hearing."

"I can start asking around about Simone," Aidan chipped in. "I do know a lot of people."

"Agreed," said Marnie, her flagging spirits lifted by a small ray of hope. "Let's ask around and meet up at the same time tomorrow."

* * * * *

Marnie decided she'd first talk to Lauren that night. Perhaps she had heard something about Simone. She called her, catching her in her office already packing her things.

" ... so my brothers and Fiona are asking around about Simone. Is there anything you might know about her ... anything?"

"I wish there was. I don't pry like she does."

"What do you know?"

Lauren sighed, "Other than her official bio, pretty much nothing ... Marnie, I'm so sorry this happened. I didn't sleep last night and I'm afraid of what this is going to mean for you."

"Don't worry about me. You need this job. If the committee decides to terminate you, can you still go back to your old job in the States?"

"I'm afraid not. I'm certain if I'm terminated for cause here that my position back home will be gone."

"What will you do?"

"I don't know ... and right now I don't care. I'm so mad at myself. I know I'm impulsive and it was me that got us into this mess."

"No ... I'm as much to blame. We both went into this knowing what might happen. It's not over yet and I for one am not sorry that we got together. You're a wonderful person. I'll never forget that."

"You're talking about us as if it's over."

"I think it is. Just think about it. If we can somehow dissuade the committee from moving forward, we certainly can't continue to see each other, and if the worst happens ... well then .... you'll have to think about your boys first, and getting a job back in the States. I'll be able to take care of myself. It's not the end of the world that I don't get my degree."

" ... but it's your dream."

"That's why they call them dreams. Sometime they don't happen."

"Marnie. You're the one with the level head. I can't keep two thoughts in my head right now. I wish I could help you."

"I noticed in her bio that she's not married, and she's not wearing a wedding ring. Do you know if she was married?"

"I heard she was. But I don't know the circumstances behind her divorce. It must have happened long before I arrived."

"I have an idea ..."

* * * * *

It didn't take long for Marnie to discover that Dawkins was Simone's maiden name, that she reassumed after her divorce. Marnie found Simone's wedding announcement in a ten year old edition of a Dublin newspaper. She had married Lachlan McGuire, a professor in the chemistry department at Dominion. Marnie retrieved the current faculty list and to her disappointment found that Lachlan was no longer on the faculty.

She starting searching all the college chemistry programs in Ireland and quickly found that Lachlan was now department chair at the University of Limerick. It was only a two hour drive, so Marnie decided to go the following morning to see if she could track him down. She printed a picture of him off the University website and tucked it into her purse.

She arrived at the University by mid-morning on Tuesday, and started first at the administration building to get his class schedule and also the name of his administrative assistant and the location of his office. He had a class ending at 11 and office hours from 12:30 to 2. She decided to try to catch him after he left his 11 o'clock class. That would give her enough time to talk to him and then get back to the pub in time to meet with Fiona and her brothers.

"Professor McGuire!" she called out. A bespectacled man, a snowy top of white curly hair, turned around. He eyed Marnie's curvy figure before responding.

"Yes ... are you one of my students?"

Students pushed by her in the crowded hallway. "Can we talk for a minute ... in private?"

He rubbed his chin. "Yes ... yes ... I think we can duck into the faculty lounge. No one's in it this time of day."

He led the way, weaving through the mass of students hurrying to their next class. He closed the heavy wooden door behind them, the sound of the hallway now a muted roar.

"What can I do for you?"

"I'm here to ask you about your ex-wife ..."

His eyes narrowed. "That bitch."

"Well, I guess we're in agreement on that."

"So what has she done to you?" He said it as if he'd said it many times before.

Marnie described in painstaking detail the dilemma she faced with Simone's charges.

"Hmmm ..." he mused. "She doesn't have a criminal record, and I can't think of anything she's done that might be of interest to you."

"If you don't mind, why did you get divorced?"

He chuckled. "My dear lass, I don't think we have enough time today for me to answer that question. I think in the end we found out we just didn't like each other, let alone love."

"Isn't there anything?"

"Well ... the straw that broke the camel's back was her stepping out on our marriage."

"An affair?"

"Of sorts."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure how, but she fell into a relationship as a sub."

"Sub?" Marnie had never heard that term before.

"Submissive ... it's a term used for people involved in bondage and discipline. Now mind you ... I'm not into that kind of thing."

"With another man?"

"Ironically enough ... no. It was a woman."

Marnie's heart did a full stop. Simone was a closet lesbian? That was rich.

"Thank you Professor McGuire."

"I'm not sure I helped you."

"Maybe you have."

* * * * *

Marnie, her two brothers and Fiona reconvened at the bar late the same afternoon. They all found out independently that Simone was divorced, but Marnie was the only one with a tidbit of information.

"So what did you get?" Fiona asked.

"I've talked to her ex-husband. Funny enough she was having an affair with another woman ..."

Blaine was immediately struck by the irony. "You've got to be kidding ..."

"He said something about being a sub ... some bondage and discipline thing that I don't understand," Marnie continued.

"I know," Aidan interrupted. He was the most worldly of the four, and his connections through the pub brought him in touch with all facets of the local community. "'Sub' means submissive. In that world there are dominants and submissives. Think 'Fifty Shades of Grey.' I'm not part of that scene but I know people that are."

"Sounds kinky."

"It is."

"I have a friend who's into that," interjected Blaine.

"You?" said Marnie and Aidan in unison.

"Hey, I'm not a prude. I know things."

"Apparently so," said Aidan. "I thought you were buried in spreadsheets in the back room."

"Do you want to hear what I have to say, or not?"

"Yes ... I do," said Marnie.

"His name is Conor MacAteer. I don't know him well, but I do have his number. I can call him if you like."

"We really don't have anything else. Could you?"

"Of course Marnie. Anything for you."

* * * * *

It was Wednesday morning. Marnie spent a sleepless night hoping Blaine would work some magic, but mostly worrying that Lauren would be fired and she'd be expelled from school. She left the house in her pajamas and a robe and went next door to the pub to fix breakfast and meet with Blaine. She forgot to comb her hair and her eyes were red and watery. She saw her brother already dressed and eating breakfast.

"You look like hell," Blaine observed. He had a plate with two fried eggs, sausages, a rasher of bacon, and toast.

Marnie tucked her robe underneath her and sat in the chair across from him.

"Want some?" he asked, holding up a sausage he'd speared with his fork.

Marnie waved her hand. "Ughh ... I can't think of eating now." She eyed the pot of coffee. Blaine filled an empty mug he brought for her.

She perked up after her first sip. Blaine explained in detail his conversation with Conor the previous evening and the call he'd gotten early that morning.

"So Conor did what?" Marnie asked, not quite believing what she heard.

"Conor talked to Simone's Domme," Blaine repeated.

"I got that," said Marnie, still a bit foggy. "So Simone listens to her?"

"It's a lot more than that Marnie. Simone's been with her for a few years."

"And she made Simone erase the picture off her phone?"

Blaine chuckled. "That's not all. Look at this." He pulled up a picture on his phone and showed Marnie. His sister was fully awake after seeing the picture. Simone was naked, on her hands and knees, wearing a dog collar with a leash clipped to it that was being held by someone out of the frame of the picture. There was no question it was Simone.

Marnie let out a low whistle. "Shit."

"I don't think we'll have to worry about Simone," Blaine said, changing the picture on his screen and pocketing his phone.

"I guess not," said Marnie, her mind reeling again.

She got up and hugged her big brother. "I've got to get ready. The hearing's in a couple hours and I want to see Wentworth first."

* * * * *

"Oh Marnie, you're here. I guess you didn't listen to your voice mail message," said a much more sanguine Dr. Wentworth. Marnie was surprised by the tone of her voice, which was much more ominous on Monday. The bravado was gone. Marnie still couldn't stand the sight of her.

"I'm sorry Dr. Wentworth. I must have missed it this morning in the rush to get over here." Marnie rested her backpack on the credenza next to Dr. Wentworth's desk and sat in the guest chair.

"Dr. Dawkins recanted her story and withdrew her complaint. She said she's not going to support any charges against Dr. Byrne. I can't explain why. I can only guess at what you did. But being a little whore, I'm sure it was something nasty."

"I appreciate your heartfelt apology, Dr. Wentworth," Marnie said sarcastically.

But of course the esteemed Dr. Wentworth had to get the last word, and her admonition gave Marnie a hard dose of reality.

"But I also know Dr. Dawkins. I know when she told me that she was completely sincere. I had no reason to question her allegation so I am sure it was true. If you stay here as a student we'll eventually prove that you and that slut Dr. Byrne have been fucking. And when we do, there will be no place that you can hide."

Marnie knew she was right.

"Is that all?"

"No. Come around to my side of the desk so I can talk to you."

Marnie did so, expecting the worst.

"I wanted to let you know that I'm going to charge your slut girlfriend with lewd behavior. That phone sex incident? Even though I can't get you kicked out, I can discharge her. I'm going to drag her in front of the disciplinary tribunal, so don't let you think this is over because it's not."

"You don't have any evidence ..." Marnie started to protest. "If Simone's not going to testify ..."

"If I have to I'll testify. They'll have no choice but to believe me."

"But you weren't there ..." Marnie said, her voice quivering. "You'd be lying."

"A little lie isn't going to stop me. That slut deserves this. In due time I'll get you out as well."

"But ... but ... you can't do that ..."

"Watch me."

"You'll ruin her career if you lie. I ... I can't believe this ..."

"There is another option ..."

Pamela hiked up her skirt. She lifted her hips and slipped off her panties.

"See there?" she asked, holding them up. "They're wet. They're wet because I dream about how I made you fuck my pussy, and now that you're here I want you to do it again. Show me that you're my little slut and I'll forget about charging your precious Lauren Byrne."

She spread her legs open to show Marnie how wet she was.

"No Pamela. Not again. Not ever." Marnie was defiant.

She pulled down her skirt. "It's her funeral, and then yours. Now get the fuck out of my office."

Marnie grabbed the strap of her backpack and carried it out with her, slamming the door behind her.

* * * * *

Chapter Thirteen

Downfall

Still shaking from her encounter with Pamela Wentworth, Marnie unlocked and entered the pub. It wasn't scheduled to open for a few more hours. The lights were on, indicating someone was there, likely Blaine in the back office. She opened the door.

"Get it?" he asked.

Marnie hefted her backpack onto his desk and unzipped a side compartment. Nestled inside was a small motion activated camera. She handed the camera over to Blaine.

He opened a small door in the camera and popped out the memory card.

"Let's see what we have here ..." He pushed the card into a slot on the side of his laptop. He accessed the memory card's menu and hit "play."

A black and white image came up on his monitor's screen. It was unmistakably Pamela Wentworth, sitting behind her desk. The credenza was to the side of the desk, so it was a sideview of the professor. Blaine unmuted the audio.

They heard Marnie's voice off screen first.

"But you weren't there ..."

"You'd be lying."

Then on screen they saw Wentworth speaking.

"A little lie isn't going to stop me. That slut deserves this. In due time I'll get you out as well."

"Go back!" said Marnie excitedly. "We got it!"

Blaine went back to the menu and played the file from the beginning. It showed a skewed angle of Marnie entering Wentworth's office, and then a steady side shot of her sitting at the desk when Marnie placed the backpack on the credenza.

Blaine paused the video.

"We got all of it apparently," Blaine said, relieved and gratified. It was his idea to place the camera in Marnie's backpack and to cut a small hole for the camera's lens. Marnie and Blaine had practiced in his office, setting the backpack at the correct height and angle to get a clear shot at desk level. They played the entire video, confirming that they had captured the complete conversation.

"My God, Marnie ... I can't imagine what you went through, being blackmailed by that bitch."

"You can't."

"We've got her."

"I know."

* * * * *

"What's the meaning of this?" demanded Pamela Wentworth, as she entered the executive conference room in the University's administration building.

Standing were Megan O'Connor, Nicolas Twomey, and Cara Gallivan, the President of the University.

"Thank you for coming on short notice Dr. Wentworth. I have with me Megan O'Connor from Legal and Nicolas Twomey from HR ..."

"Yes ... yes ... I know who they are. Can you tell me why I was pulled out in the middle of my class?"

"Well yes. I'm afraid a serious accusation has been made by one of the students in your department ... Marnie Dunlavy. I believe we had an incident with her, but the charges were apparently withdrawn. You do know her, don't you?"

"Not well at all," she answered, lying reflexively. "She's a doctoral candidate. If you want to speak with someone on the faculty, perhaps it's best if you speak with Dr. Lauren ..."

"Dr. Wentworth ... we want to speak with you."

"I'm not sure I could be of help. I barely know her."

"Well, according to Ms. Dunlavy, you know her quite well."

"She's a liar ... and don't believe anything Dr. Byrne tells you ... they're out to get me ... they ..."

Cara gave Pamela a withering look.

"I beg to differ." Cara nodded at Nicolas, who hit the play button on his phone.

"A little lie isn't going to stop me. That slut deserves this. In due time I'll get you out as well."

I presume that's your voice, Dr. Wentworth?"

"Where did you get that?"

"Where we got it is of no concern to you right now."

"That little bitch ..."

"I'm afraid Dr. Wentworth, I'm going to have to ask for your resignation, effective immediately."

"That ... that recording is illegal ... I'm going to talk to my solicitor ..."

"We'd encourage you to do that if you must, but I have to tell you we've also been in contact with a few of your former students, and they've corroborated accusations of sexual harassment ... and worse. We don't need this recording to terminate you. We're just affording you the courtesy so you can make whatever excuses you want in front of the press, as there will undoubtedly be criminal charges."

Pamela started shaking, then sobbing. "I'm sorry ... I don't know why I did it ... I don't ..."

"They'll be plenty of time to sort this all out ... but in the meantime I need your resignation."

* * * * *

"Oh my God, you did it Marnie," Lauren gushed on the phone, having heard the good news that Wentworth had resigned. "How did you do it?"

"It's probably better that you didn't know."

"You're right. But thank you ... it's a huge weight off my shoulders."

There was a long pause on the phone before Marnie spoke again.

"There's still the matter of us."

Lauren collected her thoughts before replying.

"Can we see each other anymore?" she asked, fearful of the answer.

The question hung out there, suspended in mid-air for both of them to ponder. Speaking the words out loud .

"We can't keep our hands off each other," Marnie finally said, breaking the silence and stating the obvious.

Lauren didn't want to give up so easily. "We'll have to."

Marnie was the more realistic of the two. "But you know and I know that we lack the will to stay apart."

1...456789