All Comments on 'Marriage is a Contract'

by SEVERUSMAX

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Marriage is Acctually

Marriage is not a contract, but actually a covenant. There is a difference between the two. Contracts are established between two entities where there is a binding agreement, written or verbal, for the parties to protect their own interests. They look out for themselves. Covenants are binding agreements, written or verbal, where the two entities look out for the interests of the other party or person. Contract is of a selfish nature and is established for self preservation where as a covenant is one of selflessness and done in love for the preservation of the other party. Covenants are maintained until the death of either party which is why a husband and wife are supposed to stay together until death due is part. Covenants are usually sealed with blood. In tribal instances, they would cut their hands and shake sealing the covenant with blood. In a marriage, it is sealed when the husband and wife have intercouse for the first time and the heiman is broken causing the woman to bleed sealing the covenant. Of course today, there at hardley any unbroken heimen when people marry now a days..Lol...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too bizarre

Too much meanimgless drivvel masquerading as dialogue. Just shoot the dead horse now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Jeez ...

I'm sorry. You probably invested a lot of time and effort into this story.

But then again maybe you didn't because it's up there as one of the biggest piles of shite I've ever read on this site.

You might have thought it was a good idea at the time and maybe it could have been - with another writer.

I want at least one character to have something likeable about them but every single one of yours was despicable.

In the end it was painful reading.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Well

You are very weird but thanks for the bizarre read.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 6 years ago

hell of a story. thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Expanded boundies.

I liked it because it skirted on the very edge of believably. We need stories on the very edges to expand the horizons for the legion of stories that fall between. Stories are not only for espousing ones ideas, beliefs and prejudices but also for the art of story telling.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nah, this writer blows

After all the asshole comments he made on the last story he wrote, I won't bother to read this.

WittonWittonover 6 years ago
Drivel

I'll confess that the premise was good enough to get me hooked. I scanned the last four pages - the second page was a waste of time but I kept hoping ....

Too many characters, and not a one really believable. The narrator wasn't real - we didn't learn nearly enough to like or dislike him. The women weren't real. Rob was the closest.

The author had a story idea which could have been the basis for a good story; instead he gave us six pages of what amounted to "and they lived happily every after."

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Fun Story

Over the top, fun story. I thought it was very good. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fun

No I thought it was a load of old tosh, sorry author

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Needs technical work

This was an interesting story, with lots of possibilities and original thinking, but it lacks the fluidity, the precision of concepts and the rigurosity of the ideas necessary to make it the most enjoyable to read.

These minor "matters" are technical skills, to get such skills, it does not require talent, you already have it. It does require only that you read "how to" articles just here in Literotica, about "How to write"

Just do that, and future stories will be much more enjoyable to read

maxx308maxx308over 6 years ago
I enjoyed it

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 6 years ago
For a story that you invested so much time into

The payoff was crap.

Not only was it boring; but it has the misfortune of not making any sense. While I don't know many Christians, the ones I do know are not cavilier regarding sex or matrimony. I have a difficult time understanding how bible-believing couples can participate n cuckolding, gang-bangs and polygamy and still be Christians. Not saying there are none but what's the point of going to church only to act in a way contrary to what you believe? What's next? Incest? Child-marriage? Bank robberies?

Next, there was no real chemistry between your characters. They played a part and that was it. It was like reading a cheesy '80s porn in word form: Dear Penthouse, guess what happened to me....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

An enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Blah, Blah, Blah

Boring. Two stars. The characters in this story could talk their enemies to death.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 6 years ago
A good premise but it was not well-executed

It didn't gel for me, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
page to page

After reading past page two, i skipped to 6 and found out i did not miss a thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

Just more trash from this whiny author. Based on comments, not going to bother reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5! HEY ANNONY I see

you're still reading all the LW stories and then telling us how bad they are and much you hate them. You're insane and retarded

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Keep Writing

Enjoyed the hell out of it!

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 6 years ago
Why the hell

Would they move to Utah. There is a difference between polyamoury and polygamy. I'm Poly. My only complaint is 4 is be nuts. 2 is hard enough 3 is pushing it.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Started with a confused premise then got worse

The high point was the final discussion with the mother inlaw.

The low point (amongst many) was the anal irrigation scene on the morning after the wedding.

The eighth and tenth anniversary scenarios we're silly.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
lost me

You lost me with the poly stuff......not for me

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Don't really care

For the wife swapping or sharing stories, but I have to admit that this was done pretty good. 4*.

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Well written,

just the story wasnt that interesting to me. A little wordy as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Some to like, a lot to dislike

A some here to like, and a lot here dislike. The premise made little sense, even though you certain devoted considerably more than enough words to set it in place. Living with Deanna, maybe. Marry her, not likely. Having kids with her, no fucking way.

Purposely bringing kids into the mix could only be thought up and carried out by a couple of really fucked up humans.

3 stars only because I did read to the end. Writing was fair, the premise sucked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

couldn't get past first page. this is some boring, wordy crap

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 6 years ago
This may be the stupidest fucking story I've ever read

Really. While discussing the outrageous and ridiculous premise of this so-called fake marriage the waitress at the restaurant decides to hit on the guy/ fiance... There is no possible reason why any sane man would agree to such a ridiculously idiotic marriage concept.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Idiotic

One of the most stupid stories I have ever read.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
And the usual suspects prove their idiocy.

As expected, the trolls can't stay away. Harry himself, what an honor to be trolled by him personally! If he hates this story that badly, I know that I've struck deep into trolldom's nerve center. That being said, the whole idea of this story remains one that I'm proud of myself, of two people with many conflicts and a lifelong friendship that turns into a marriage of convenience, who marry and THEN fall in love over the years.

That they are poly just makes it even difficult for conventional minds to accept and demonstrates that you can love two or more people at once, but must be prepared for the outcome to be unpredictable. I WANTED this to be the kind of marriage that would shock and upset conventional Christian types on many levels at once, including her family (he's not really all that religious himself, in case you missed it). To have her family accept it only when they were near death and free of the moralistic bullshit that society shoved down their throats and brainwashed them with was realistic and necessary, I think. Only then were they free to see the forest for the trees.

There are no guarantees in life or love. Being too goal-oriented as to the endgame does you no good in relationships. You just have to embrace the experience and face the uncertainty, which is a heresy in a society that demands a Disney or rom-com type ending.

That Sam was willing to share Deanna for so long showed her how much he understood and loved her as a friend (albeit a friend that he married), not a possession, while her willingness to share him showed that she wanted the best for him, including her sister, and in turn wanted the best for her sister, namely him. That she wouldn't share Robbie with her sister wasn't due to jealousy, but a protective instinct toward Erin that should have been her first clue that Robbie was never going to be what she once dreamed. He was never going to propose until it was already too late, and that was a good thing. Her conscious mind screamed for her to go for Robbie and hope for him, but her subconscious warned her not to place too much faith in him and any future with him, for her or Erin.

She should have quit while she was ahead and just enjoyed Robbie as what he was, as he would eventually tire of it and move on with his life. They were just too incompatible to work out for good. By the time that she realized that she didn't love Robbie the same was she once did, she nearly lost Sam in the process, so she had to get her head on straight and stop taking Sam for granted, both as her husband and as a friend with benefits. Robbie was her dream, her fantasy, and she eventually had to embrace the truth of what John Lennon once sang.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

If there is a point to this story, ultimately, that quote sums it up.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 6 years ago
Very nice 3 page story.

Unfortunately it was six pages long. 3*

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 6 years ago
Never Been A Troll

And proudly remain troll free.

That said, I agree with many that while the premise was interesting, the story missed overall.

Much too verbose. Many concepts lost thier impetus after paragraphs of needless repetition. You also call thiers a "marriage of convenience", but it was very similar to an arranged marriage.

Overall a 3 for me as I think you made a good effort. Just write more succinctly!

robinhodrobinhodover 6 years ago
Weird

Or what?

I did get to the end. But then I wondered why I bothered.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
OPEN MARRIAGE

Strange story was most confused.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
By the way, to Mr. Covenant guy, honestly.....

......marriage is only a covenant if you believe that it is. Historically, it was not a sacred thing, just a business deal done between a father and his future son-in-law, sometimes very arranged (arranged marriages and those of convenience not only aren't mutually exclusive, they're often very much the same, though not always, as here, which is not an arranged marriage, just one of convenience). The girl was often married off very young, sold to her husband like a prized cow, and turned into a brood mare. The virginity thing wasn't sacred, either. It was about a supposedly more valuable possession, much like how a new clock is considered better than an old, used one, or a brand new car over a used one. Nowadays, virginity is nothing more than a myth perpetuated by fundamentalist idiots.

Jesus, for instance, was probably the product of a much older husband and his much younger wife, though if you believe the Christian version, then he was the product of divine rape and pederasty, which is far more offensive if you ask me, since Mary was probably much younger than she was in my "Heavenly Night" story. I had to keep that one tame enough for Lit, but if I was totally realistic, it wouldn't fit the age requirements here by a long shot. The usual age for virgin brides was probably close to 12 to 15 back then, and for betrothed often even younger.

I wasn't going to lecture, but since you're spouting things that you deem to be fact to "correct" me, get your facts straight first and learn how to spell "hymen." Incidentally, I had some learning to do regarding such things, but I did, such as my mistake back then in thinking that the hymen was inside the vagina. Not having bedded virgins back then, I didn't know how wrong I was, but ishtat pointed out my mistake and I looked it up before realizing that she was correct. Anyway, don't lecture me unless you're prepared to be lectured in return. Marriage didn't start out sacred. It started out as a business contract, plain and simple, all about economics.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
A little confusing

But so good I re-read it until I followed it. 5*

livetoreadlivetoreadover 6 years ago
Besides being WAY too wordy....

...if you're going to state something as fact, at least look it up! Urine is NOT sterile! It's far from it. As to the rest of the story...try putting in an indication as to who is speaking or thinking. I'm sure you've seen it done by other authors. They put these things in like "bla, bla" said Sam. Or Deanna said, "bla bla" give it a try, you might find you have fewer ppl saying your stories are confusing.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
A few points.

1. I repeatedly indicated who said what, so I don't know where you're getting that I didn't, or getting confused.

2. I did look up the matter, and all of the sources that I read indicated that urine is sterile, by which they mean no biohazards (no living or harmful microbes) exist in it. It is, however, toxic, so there is that to consider, and perhaps that led to some of your confusion there.

As to being too wordy, some would agree, some would not. That's a matter of perspective and personal preference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a maroon

Google, fool. The first whole page. No, urine is not sterile and neither is any of the rest of you.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Someone who can't spell "moron" right, calling me one.

Yeah, that's rich. And again, the sources that I read indicate otherwise. I could always cite them, but I don't have the time or patience for this BS. By the way, "maroon" is a color. Just sayin'. Rollin' my eyes.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Okay, I stand corrected. Or, rather sit corrected.

My sources were what I went by, but newer science seems to refute that. It's all part of why people get confused by medical and physiological data, because it seems to reverse itself on a routine basis.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Still, maroon is a color.

No points for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn dude, you open mouth and insert foot on a regular basis

Maroon. It's what Bugs Bunny used to call morons in the classic cartoons. You seem culturally illiterate

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good luck

Arguing with a troll is an exercise in futility

As for the pressing issue, I once met a total maroon who was wearing a moron shirt.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 6 years ago
The premise of

an open marriage was at least interesting the way it was proposed. Sam was promised so much, how could he reject Deanna? Its like a woman promising you sex, and to enhance the deal/offer by letting you watch baseball while doing her doggy style. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Funny and touching

I really liked this story, was surprised to see so much hate on it. It is a unique and funny story, with some strange tones (perhaps my knowledge is limited on US culture, it sounded like it was written in the 70s to me). But overall, it was good and dealt with very real human emotions. I come from a very conservative Christian family, so much of the dialogue felt extremely real and warmed my heart to know that there's a lot of truth in the things I think but can't say (e.g. who was the better "lover"), because the community around me would reject it immediately. Not bad, very entertaining.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 5 years ago
Sweet fantasy

The trolls really came out to play on this one.

But I think it depends on how you read the story. If you are expecting or hoping for gritty realism, then this one is going to disappoint. But if you read it as a whimsical fantasy, it has a whole lot going for it.

I read it like that and enjoyed the hell out of it. The dialogue was long, but entertaining. The tension of "will she/won't she" was low, but still added a piquancy. The sex was surprisingly minimal for a harem-type-story, but as a fantasy was still enjoyable. The romance was perhaps overshadowed by logical argument, but still held to the end.

So, all-in-all, I suppose it was minimalistic despite its length, but still hugely enjoyable. 5*

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXalmost 5 years agoAuthor
This last troll seems to be rather threatened by my stories.

Good. I haven't even deleted his dumbass comments and I won't. Why? Because, unlike his fellow Trumpista fascist, white supremacist, Christian nationalist trolls, I do respect freedom of speech and expression. He wants to look for intolerance? Look in the mirror, dude. You're the one stalking an author that you claim not to care about or like his stories, reading them, and moving on to yet another story, commenting all the while. I think that I got under your skin because some part of you likes what you read. Maybe you're just afraid that your death god will send you to his lake of fire for reading and liking my work. I prefer gods that celebrate life, lust, and love, not death, war, and torture myself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@SEVERUSMAX

WOW! You come out with idiotic political hate crap! So you are dim enough to drink the lying koolaid huh? Someone doesn't agree with you so you bring out the name calling which are lies. You have low character and no integrity.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "@SEVERUSMAX"

Um, drinking the "lying Kool-Aid" is the sole province of the Trumpies - 10,000 lies and counting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
These stories....

...are here simply for our entertainment. Treat them as apolitical and just enjoy. That's what I did and I was joyfully entertained. To the point that I awarded it five well-earned stars.

timrivtimrivabout 4 years ago

Premise of the story started out OK even when he add the sister. But by the when’d he had four wives and at least sixteen kids wit him a the four wives sharing his bed was just plain ludicrous. Who is this guy Supercock, there is no man anywhere that could satisfy four women every night. Especially as he gets older. So have to give it two stars as it’s way to over the top.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Good Fun

A novel approach. Loved it

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Stupid ass shit

!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What an entertaining site this is! First a story and then the comments! First a rifle shot at a specific target and then a shotgun blast all over the place. I like ‘em both! I learn from all of them: from some I learn about life, from others about the world view of a troll. Both are useful.

The initial premise worked for me. Unusual, off the wall even, but two people can agree to whatever they can think of. I found that the thread remained intact throughout. Erin is a stretch, but fit because she adds an odd sort of balance. Annette is unnecessary. She dilutes (deludes?) the storyline. The character is so strong that she deserves a story of her own. Muddling ensues. The addition of more and more characters changes the premise from “marriage is a contract” to “marriage is a fleshpile”.

5 for the bones, 4 for the flesh. Rounded up, of course.

LWlurker

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Story started out with an interesting premise, but then quickly fell apart with too many partners -- you get to the point of utter unbelievability that just loses interest. I am just sorry that I got sucked into wasting time getting interested and reading until things fell apart.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Stupid

Story really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i enjoyed it but its just a begining and an ending. it has some much room for great story in the middle. that it would be a waste not to finish it with many more chapters in the middle

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Weirdly entertaining. Normally a poly story gets a 1, and this one has a number of idiocies in it...BUT the character development of Deanna is fascinating, which kept me reading. This would have been better if it were focused on Deanna and Erin, and Erin got the same level of character development as Deanna.

4

slowhand21slowhand21over 1 year ago

Couldn’t get to the second page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Even with all the silly and improbable bits, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. The one thing I particularly resonate with is the wedding night scene. This is a man who has actually spent time with two women. Every time I've been with two women, even over the course of a weekend, when I should have been able to pace myself, they totally exhausted me and I'd fall asleep. Unlike the sexy-fun-times of porno movies, making love to two women a couple of times each is much more tiring than one woman four times. No, I don't know why that is, but it's been my experience. When they bathed him, I laughed out loud, remembering a time where the three of us were in a Motel shower together, not for sex, but so they could hold me up and not hurt myself falling. That was the time when I fell asleep between them, and woke up to see them playing cards, waiting for me to come back to life.

You may think that you're God's gift to women, but the fact of the matter is that women are God's gift to you, and you need to treat them like it.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 1 year ago

Not a fan of polyamory but fun read nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

These children will have a lifetime of failed relationships, addiction, depression, and therapy ahead of them due to the damage this couple has inflicted upon them.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

I think even Mormons would have trouble with this. Completely twisted and ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

This is about the most unrealistic flight of fantasy, oh'well just keep writing as I enjoy reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous