All Comments on 'Marrying for Money Ch. 05'

by haremgirl

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Get on with it already.

This is turning into a bad Melrose place episode, we all hate Eliza already look forward to her doom. Just get to it, 5 chapters is plenty, you just milking the story now with bad theatrics.

You started a love story, and your ending up with a bad Harlequin "Romance".

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Write it your way

I've enjoyed the story very much so far. If the person that commented before me dosn't want to bother with the feelings of the people in your work or maybe a plot then he can find plenty of short stroke storys on the site.

Metzov

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Job

So we know the extent of Eliza's bitchy determination. You are doing a good job with character and plot development. I do have to agree with the previous comment - I am getting a little tired of Eliza. However, I disagree that exploring Eliza's nature is a detrement to the story. I am very much looking to hearing how the Eliza drama resolves itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Don't Listen to Melrose Comment!

That person is just being grouchy!! You are doing a great job and your storyline has developed nicely. Keep you the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Don't keep us waiting!

I love your story, but please, smarten Leanna up a bit! How could she think Trevor was going to ask for a divorce when he was going to tell her he loved her? Aaahh, that's so frustrating! I hope somebody gives Leanna a clue soon. I would hate to see a misguided separation.

batosibatosiover 18 years ago
marvelous

the humanity of your character's is astounding. I look forward to the rest, and I do hope that trevor will go on a deep search in the next chapter after "making mayhem" on his unwelcome houseguest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
well, I loved Melrose Place too. ignore the fools

I love every moment of this story and feel you have done a great job with character development and story telling. I think a woman who is essentially alone, with no one to confide in, to discuss her concerns with, would behave like Leanna especially when you consider the era. It's not like she can call her friends long distance for advice!

I want to see her strengthen her resolve...we all know Leanna is smart and beautiful....she now needs to gain some upper ground. I do want Trevor to have to win her back and I would love for HIM to be jealous and possessive for a change! It's time for that whole household to wake up a bit and for Leanna to take charge.

I am so psyched to see how you progress with this and I am a true fan of your work.

grumbletasgrumbletasover 18 years ago
misunderstandings do happen

in real life. I once lost someone I loved though not being forthcoming with my true feelings, fearing mistakenly) rejection. I was young immature and very unsure of myself.

My reticence eventually drove her away. 16 years and a divorce later I met her again by chance and we spoke of our romance over a cup of coffee. I found out that she broke off our relationship because she felt I didn't love her. She had married but like my marriage it wasn't fulfilling and she often thought of me as I did her.

Despite our feelings we agreed to stay away from each other as her husband and children deserved better.

I am reading this story and feeling it very much, for me it is pretty much true to life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
its a guy/girl thing

I, like many men, get impatient with this kind of stupidity, the basis for many a soap opera, novela, or rommance novel, and of course for many sitcoms as well. It works better as comedy I think. On the refreshing side, the hero here at least questions his own ability to say what needs to be said. Even so, I do find it all irritating. On the other hand, most of the ladies and some guys very much enjoy this sort of thing, Go figure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Say Lets Have Eliza Shoot Her And Get It Over

When one (thats you ) have pushed every negative button possible and contorted any rational thought or communication- don't you think its about time to bring some credibility into play???

Or does she sink on a boat off Africa and become a slave put into a harem (girl)???? Lets see what else can -Ou Ou -hey the perils of pauline - did they have railroads then? Aha - lets go with the old tied to the rails as the train bares down or is the bears down - oh hell - gets close and and and to be continued in chapter 83 as the xxxxx turns (forgot the word)!!! (Aha - It's as the "World" turns!!)

Look you are a great writer author but don't try to extract the last minutia of stress and hand wringing - it's getting tiresome already. We all know how it's going to end - the captain in grief shoots his wife marries the black slave sells the plantation for a $1.00 and moves to Harlem as a dancer. There - Next!

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayover 18 years ago
Bravo...

i do love this story...each submission has their right to how they feel about this story and i my own*smile*..i love this story and cant say it enough, although i've come in after it has concluded i'm happy to see there are a few more chapters to read on and can't wait to see where you wonderfully delightful imagination is taking your readers...i would totally recommend this story and have to others including authors here...i see good things coming your way and hope you continue to allow us to read you. i love the Dom parts of his taking her of course being what and who i am lol...a submissive in service in a D/s relationship of my own...i would love to see what you would do with a BDSM story...maybe one with some of this love and romance so many of the stories submitted are just beat,suck and f*ck stories...D/s as you most likely know isn't all about that...the power exchange...the complete feeling of acceptance. just think about it...respectfully fan in Texas naynay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Absolutely love it

I love how you bring in the dom/submission during the love scenes. The sex is amazingly erotic. Trevor's dominance of his wife is very hot.

This entire story has been nicely written and the characters are wonderfully developed. The gradual increase in sexual inhibition between Trevor and Leanne is very realistic and keeps getting better.

mjl2010mjl2010almost 17 years ago
All I can say is

I'm glad the rest is written and I don't have to wait. Get yourself published HG. You have talent. MJL

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
stupid

although i love reading romance and erotica this story is almost too stupid to bear! i wouldn't wonder if you had simply copied the most formulaic part of all the boring romance stories out there that involve stupid people having stupid problems because they're too stupid to think and talk to each other. this is painful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
i love it!

i love this story, i'm glad i've found it with everything completed :D you write excellently...!

JL from Toronto

Magnus_St0rmMagnus_St0rmabout 14 years ago
Good GRIEF!

Enough already!

The tension you've built between these two is becoming painful. The lack of communication between these lovers is certainly very realistic as are the problems that it causes. I know that there will be a sweet reconciliation in the end, but I'm almost beat-down in the meantime by the stupidity of Trevor and Leanne. The assumptions they make are almost always in the negative and it's becoming a drain.

Still, I like the story. I'll be downgrading for continued tension caused by foolish prideful failures to communicate as I think by now, ONE of them would have had the sense to clear things up.

canndcanndalmost 14 years ago
Magnus SAID IT ALL~

ENOUGH ALREADY....let them communicate. They were so open in the beginning when they met.

What happened?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Nooooo your female protagonists always go through this! Even though the mutual love is painfully obvious to the audience! >_<

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
slightly unbelievable

It makes it hard to read when she keeps complaining about how miserable she is and how sad she is about him not showing his feelings when just keep giving in and not even fighting for what she says she wants

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sooooo.... five chapters in, & we're just gonna ignore the whole Confederacy/slavery thing?

I mean, they were CONFEDERATE soldiers, fighting for the right to keep their slaves, which were human beings they owned. They owned humans and wanted to keep owning them. Seems like a big deal. Should be addressed. Mentioned. Something.

LitstoriesloverLitstorieslover7 months ago

my heart aches for Leanna

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

To anonymous from 4 years go: not everything has to be about everything. Enjoy the story, entering a loveless marriage and basing the relationship on sex is good material and the author handles it exceptionally well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous