Martin Luther Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But on the other hand, she was the one kissing him and she was beautiful, and she was naked, and she was just so amazing. Marriage what? Cousin who? Martin didn't care, just so long as this moment didn't end.

He wasn't sure how long it lasted. No amount of time would have been enough. No girl before had ever kissed him like this. The evil one's kisses were all so shallow with no emotion behind them. Even his memories of the sexiest women he'd ever bedded were nothing compared to this. This kiss was great was all he could think.

Oh, but it couldn't last. They kissed for a good while but once the sleep fell from Flora's eyes and she was finally able to clearly discern who he was she suddenly froze in place.

"Martin." she said.

Hearing his name from her snapped him out of it. "Flora."

With the moment over the memory was coming back to him of how she had interrupted him from going to his bedroom. She'd led him to her room instead and then for the second time. After sex they had fallen asleep together.

Martin snapped out of it and then there was that moment or two when neither of them spoke. His brain started to realize just how much trouble he might be in here and he gulped.

She was right about to say something but Martin feared what she might be thinking. "Your dad's going to kill me." Martin said to get a word in before her. That derailed her and true to what he eventually learned was her nature she had to disagree with him and insist on the opposite.

"No. Don't say that."

"He's not going to understand that this was a mistake."

"No! You listen to me. Papa doesn't need to know. Ok. And besides, we're cousins. We can share a bed to keep warm."

"It's summer."

"Don't panic and don't overreact. Nothing happened. Ok. Nothing. We were just having fun."

"Really?" Martin was unsure they could keep that cognitive dissonance up for long because he could clearly remember the opposite it being more than just fun.

"You can't tell anyone." she said. "It has to be a secret."

"I know."

"And don't tell my father. No! You hear me?"

"Yes. But what does this mean?"

"What does what mean? I don't know what you're talking about. Now get dressed and get out of here before someone catches you."

Martin wasn't going to argue with her. He got a quick peek at her body and her bush as they were getting their clothes on and then she pushed him out the door to the hallway where he tried to hustle to the room they were officially letting him use.

So a funny thing was waiting for him in his room when he got there. Carla was sleeping in his bed and apparently she'd had some alcohol and it didn't take long for him to figure out that she was actually really sick. Once he alerted someone about the situation the next thing he knew he was backed into the corner of the room as every person in the house crowded into, ahem, his room to check on Carla. In the middle of all the conversation his uncle asked why she was in his room and Flora took the opportunity to answer for her cousin.

"Martin is such a good cousin to stay and watch over her all night like that."

"Why didn't you tell me something before now?" his uncle asked

Martin stammered, "um ... um ..."

"Give him a break." the aunt said. "Martin, I'm so sorry she imposed on you like that."

"Don't worry about it." he said feeling guilt boil in his stomach and spread evil fumes of hell fire all throughout the insides of his body puffing down his arms and filling his fingers to the point where he could imagine that he'd leave traces of his tainted pollution on anything he touched.

...

Chapter 8

As a sort of thank you for Martin staying with Carla when the girl was drunk Martin had the next day off by decree of his aunt but of course the uncle made a big fuss about the fact that Martin wouldn't be paid for just lounging around the house.

Martin had never yet had a day to just be at the house with no work to do. With how much he had to pay to stay there he could never afford to take a day off. Now that he didn't need to pay to stay there it was nice to finally get a day off. One thing he really wanted to do was try to pray the office slowly and reverently without rushing. That would be nice for once and he felt that after recent events he really did need to pray.

He closed his door and got set up. With a heavy heart he started to pray "I confess to almighty God that I have ..."

Knock, knock.

Why? It had to be every fucking time didn't it. EVERY LAST FUCKING TIME!!!!

Martin's aunt entered his room while Martin was still down on his knees. He got to his feet for her and he noticed that she looked alarmed.

"What were you doing?"

"Uh, praying."

"Like that? Are you a muslim or something?"

"No, I'm not a muslim."

"Good, cause we're Christians in this house."

That was a laugh but Martin wasn't going to say anything.

"So, what religion are you?" she asked him.

"That's kind of hard to say."

"It has a name, doesn't it?"

"The most accurate name at the moment would be sedevacantist."

"What's that? Is it like Buddhism?"

"No, it's not like that at all. It's nothing like Buddhism at all."

"Well, like I said we're Christians so we go to Church on Sunday and that means you too. No exceptions in this family. And I know my husband's had you working on Sunday but it stops. You hear me."

Martin nodded in acceptance but he didn't want to participate in going to whatever church his aunt had in mind. That moment was the time to bring up the issue though. He then hoped that she would leave him alone to pray but instead she had an entire list of things in her mind that she wanted to ask him to do around the house.

While Martin was assigned to help this group of servants with a task or go do that the aunt spent a large part of her day doing yoga. The oldest sister got to work bossing the servants around inside the house while Violet put on outside work clothes to go boss around the staff taking care of the grounds. Flora and Carla spent a large part of their day just trying on dresses and makeup.

First Martin was tasked with being the muscle to lift up some very heavy rugs in some rooms to the cleaning staff could vacuum and the mop that area.

While waiting for the floor to dry he sat and drank some water with the cleaning staff while Virginia made plans for what they were to do next. Martin tried to see if he could maybe talk to Virginia to get to know her. She wasn't rude or anything but his eldest cousin seemed distant and mentally distracted.

Upon placing rugs back on the floor in the correct position Martin was to be given a break but just about that time some visitor had arrived at the estate. Martin was introduced to an elderly woman and her son who was about fifty. They were related to Claudia so that meant they were also related to Martin through his mother. Most of the conversation took place in Spanish though when the son spoke he preferred English. Eventually the conversation over coffee turned to Martin's mother and how much of a sad state of affairs that had been. The conversation wasn't allowed to linger there as Claudia insisted they move on and in fact she then got the idea that Martin needed to go help someone do something, anything. If Flora's wedding was going to happen that summer then they had a lot to plan.

Martin left to go find his next job and on the way stopped at the restroom. After relieving himself he exited to find Flora in the same part of the house. He smiled and came over to her to perhaps talk and get to know her better.

"What are you doing?" she asked him in the tone of an accusation.

"What do you mean? Just, I thought we could ..."

"Get away from me. Duh. It's not like that between us."

"Like what? I just ..."

"Don't be stupid. Now go outside or something and leave me be."

Martin half wanted to explain that he hadn't meant to initiate the thing that she was obviously thinking about but then thought perhaps her rejection of him was for the best. Still, this dis not hold well for the future if he wanted to create a normal familiar relationship with her. Then again Martin was never going to ever be able to be normal again as so perhaps this was part of it.

Martin went outside to give Flora maximum space. He'd had women treat him like that before and he knew well what it meant. Almost instantly he was found by Violet.

"Just the little cousin I wanted to find." she said.

Martin sneered. "I'm older than you are."

"Maybe, but you're still naive like a little boy."

"So what did you want me for?" he asked.

"Follow me."

Unlike what her name might suggest she wasn't actually the kind of girl that was best suited to be inside away from the sun. Violet looked radiant in the daylight and she somehow made work overalls look ... sexy.

"Here you go." she said as she pointed to a chopping block and a pile of logs.

"You want me to chop wood."

"Obviously." she said.

Martin looked around and had to wonder. "Not saying I'm not going to do it but what's it for?"

"What do you care?"

"I don't see a wood furnace anywhere. Again, not saying I won't do it but I don't like being given busy work just for the sake of it."

"Is that what you think I'm doing?"

"Tell me what it's for."

"Small pieces fit better into the machine for making mulch. There. So now if you can stop calling me a liar and ..."

"Wait up. Hold it. When did I say you were a liar?"

"You were questioning my integrity."

"Is there any particular way you want this wood chopped? I've never done this before so I don't exactly now what I'm doing."

"Very, very obviously. How about this, if you can tell me the first, um, five words of Vitalic's Second Lives, then I'll help you and teach you the right way. If now, then, figure it out on your own."

Martin smiled, "So I guess I know what you think of me."

"Nope. Wrong."

"That wasn't my answer, and if you're asking me to tell you that then you know full well that there is not answer and so actually you're just telling me you think I'm dumb."

"Not dumb. Just ... deprived and not up to date. I mean, you said you'd sing for us and you did some kind of church song."

"Did you even know what I was singing?"

"I can tell a church song when I hear one"

"And what kind of music do you like?" he asked. "Far be it from me to just assume."

"What's that mean? Assume based on what?"

"Nothing. I'm not assuming, which is why I'm asking."

"Well, what kind of music do you like?"

"I'm in between music genres at the moment."

"I've never heard that before. So what did you used to like? Let me guess, country music and you left because you finally figured out that it was lame."

"I'm guessing you're a Bruno Mars and Maroon Five kind of girl."

"Oh, nothing so basic. I'm way beyond that."

"Avant garde are we?"

"See, even that kind of label doesn't even ..."

"Yeah, I'm going to stop you there. New rule. I'm not chopping wood unless you can tell me the first line of lyrics from Metallica's Anesthesia."

"Really trying to show how old you are with that old ass band from the dinosaur age."

"They were ahead of their time and the music they wrote in their twenties is far better than anything they've put out since."

"It's a trick question. They don't even have a song called that."

Martin laughed which seemed to really get under Violet's skin. "You know if you really want to be cutting edge you should check out Tina S playing the 3rd movement. She's definitely good with an ax, just not this kind."

"I'm looking it up."

"You do that."

"You get chopping. Go, go."

"I don't know what I'm doing, remember."

"It's not hard. It's chopping wood."

Martin got started and really made a mess of his first log but he figured it didn't matter since it would be turned into mulch later anyway. He did it a bit better on the second one but maybe that was due to just random chance. When he was getting ready for this third log his cousin Violet came to him.

"You're going to wear out your shoulder doing it like that. You have to let your hands slide."

Martin stopped where he was and turned to hand the ax to her. "Show me."

She snatched the ax from him and then proceeded to cut the next log so perfectly that Martin wondered if he'd ever be able to match it, not that it was a competition but still.

"Nice."

"Now, do it just like that. See, even a girl can do it."

Martin took the ax back but before continuing with his work he wondered if perhaps he could get something answered that had been nagging at him. Of course he couldn't ask directly so he had to be subtle about it.

"Is something wrong with Flora?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Nothing. I just noticed a few small things, nothing big but I want to make sure I don't say the wrong thing to offend her."

"Is this about her boyfriend being black."

"No, nothing to do with that."

"Then what? I mean, she's under stress because she's getting married."

"What I mean is, are you mad at her?"

"Me? Why would you ask that?"

"Is she mad at you? Maybe I haven't known you all long enough to be able to say this but there seems to be some kind of, I don't know, barrier."

Violet turned from Martin and stood with her fists on her hips as she looked over at the tree line in the distance. "I ... We had a fight."

"Can I ask about what?"

"No. ... Well, I mean, it was stupid. I wasn't telling her not to get married. I was just saying that the timing was all wrong. Virginia's divorce just became final and now we have this. I never said anything about Aaron. I don't like his music and I'm not going to subscribe to his youtube channel just because he's dating my sister. I have my own taste and he's not it."

"I find it hard to believe there's all this resentment over a youtube channel."

"Oh, my God, you would not believe how seriously he takes that shit."

"Ok. If you could tell Flora not to get married what would you tell her?"

"I'm not going to tell her that."

"But if it was ok and you could what would you tell her. I won't tell anyone else. I'm good at secrets."

"You're a guy."

"Trust me, guys are very good at secrets. So good in fact that you women don't even know we have them."

"Secrets like what?"

"Can't tell you. It's a secret. Oh, and it's a big secret, too. Huge. Earth changing. But I can't tell you. It's a secret."

"You could just be saying that."

"Ok. I'll tell you one secret but you have to keep it."

"Ok."

"Promise."

"I don't make promises lightly."

"Promise to kept the secret or I can't tell you."

"Fine. I promise."

"Ok. I know who killed Kennedy."

"What? For real?"

Martin nodded with confidence.

"Who?" Violet asked.

"That is a different secret. I can't tell you that. Then you'd be in danger too."

"Har, har."

"Don't believe if you don't want to but remember you have to keep the secret."

"No worries there."

"So, what's up with you and Flora?"

"We're past that."

"No, we're not. What kind of mine field am I walking into here?"

"I don't think she's ready. It has noting to do with Aaron being the right guy or not. I don't think Flora is ready. I told her I didn't want her to get married. I shouldn't have said it but I just didn't like how she'd be leaving us and then I'd miss her."

"You love your sister a lot, huh?"

"Nobody understands."

"Of course not." Martin said.

Violet turned to confront him for what he said and the while looking Violet in the eyes he continued.

"Your emotions are yours and just like you could never understand exactly what I feel I can't ever enter your heart to understand your feelings. But I know that you do feel and if you need to talk, maybe we don't know each other very well yet but I'm willing to listen."

Violet lost her aggressive stance and came over to Martin. She might have been expecting him to shy away from her touch but when she reached for his hand he covered part of the distance with his own motion to give it to her. She held it and looked at him.

"I'm guessing maybe you need to talk too sometimes. It couldn't have been easy growing up the way you did."

"I've never known anything else so I'm unaware of how it could have been better."

"Well then I'll show you how it could have been better. Maybe you feel like your mom left you. I'm sorry about that."

"I don't think I feel that way."

"It would have destroyed me if I had to grow up being left all alone. Martin, you're not alone anymore."

"Violet, even if Flora gets married you won't be alone. She'll always be your sister and it isn't goodbye forever."

"I know that. I know. It's ... I don't want to talk about that anymore. Look, we've wasted all this time. It's time to go in. Thanks for nothing, little cousin."

"Hey, I didn't do nothing. I mean, that might be pathetic but it's not nothing."

Violet laughed. "Ok. Pathetic will have to do, I guess."

Martin was about to go when Violet tugged at his arm and then was asking him to hug her through body language. Martin hugged her and she added, "You're not alone anymore and we'll never abandon you."

"Thank you." was all Martin could respond.

Once back in the house Martin quickly found himself drafted to help in the kitchen of all places. That required washing his hands thoroughly and then wearing an apron.

"What do you want to study in college?" Carla asked him as he was helping.

"Um, maybe psychology." Martin lied. "And you?"

She leaned against the counter and smiled at him while he continued his task. "I guess business. Papa is always pushing Kiyosaki on us so I figure it will make him happy."

Martin wasn't going to comment but he felt it was a shame to waste the opportunity to go to college only to study something you weren't actually interested in. Sure, maybe college was one part job training but certainly it had to be another part growing into an adult and finding what you really wanted to do with your life.

Carla and Martin talked for a while actually, all through preparation. She wouldn't let him out of her sight. When Martin was asked to go outside of the house over to the stables to deliver a message about something Carla insisted on walking with him and she even tried to hold his hand. Carla was a bit put off when the Spanish girl approached Martin. She happened to have a basket full of flowers at that moment and she gave one to Martin with a smile. Once the Spanish girl was gone Carla was visibly upset so Martin lied to smooth it over.

"You didn't catch what she said?"

"No. I don't speak whatever that gunk is."

"You never speak Spanish with your mom?"

"No. Why would we need to?"

"She said that you're beautiful and if I was a real man then I'd want to give you this flower."

"Awe, she said that? Really?"

No, not really. "Well, my Spanish is really subpar but that's sort of what I could make out."

Carla hugged him as she accepted the flower and then kissed him on the cheek.

During dinner they all sat together at the large table and servants were serving them. Someone commented that the stew was extra delicious that day and then many of the others agreed that it was better than usual.

"Martin cooked it." Carla said proudly.

"You made this?" the uncle asked.

"I helped."

"This is good." the aunt added.

Humbly Martin accepted their praise but didn't want to bring a lot of attention to himself. If they thought he cooked well then that would become his permanent job.

Martin half expected that after dinner he'd have to help clean up but when he started in that direction he was informed that the regular staff could handle it. Oh good, could he finally have a moment to himself to pray? Please?

After dinner Martin went to the restroom. He took care of what he had to take care of and then washed his hands. On his way out of the restroom he was confronted by Flora. She pushed her way in as he opened the door. She got it shut behind her and locked it. Martin looked down at his feet. Yes, he guessed this was a conversation that was overdue. He looked up to read her face and try to see how he should go about this.