All Comments on 'Marty's Story'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Virtue signalling harder than a twittermob of SJWs.

God is obviously a Chad after the way he cucked Joseph by knocking up Mary. I doubt he'd have much time for a simp like Marty.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Looks like the first anony is goi g to get a very stern talking to . . .

. . . by St Peter

.

And of course we Catholics are right.

As for Mr 1957, good story, but it had some omissions, and, of course, a couple of places where he slipped up and called her Traci.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree...

reading this story gives the reader an overdose of virtue signaling. The epilogue was awful, and this trope is a tired LW anachronism: "No, I'm not crazy, and I won't raise your black child. I will marry Naomi and raise our black child. If she'll have me, I'll be the one listed on the birth certificate, and you'll officially be nothing more than a sperm donor."

57 also failed to provide any convincing motivation of the marriage.

The writing flows; there is creativity. This could have been a good story.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Marty

The good die young, and Marty has a heart attack at age 42. A Jewish saint in this story, raising a mixed race child of another man. Not Hooked usual story, and not one that I usually enjoy so much. I pictured Ernie Borgnine as Marty right away, even before remembering his portrayal of the gentle butcher in the great movie "Marty". I have to believe that your character wad influenced a little by the movie Marty. I enjoyed Just a Summer Job, and this adds a lot to a great story. Marty was a good man, and he did die happy. Great story.

revkilljoyrevkilljoyover 3 years ago

All simps got to heaven.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* again

Why did he marry her, does it matter? He was her friend and his motivation to marry her was not real clear. That would have helped a little, but it doesn't really detract from an outstanding prequel. Loved the original too.

Anony did understand, but he was clear to everyone that it was his decision and for everyone else the discussion is over! He knows what comes with package. Like a real man, when he makes a decision he doesn't waffle and puts his body/soul into making it a success. I guess you can call it virtual signaling if it makes you uncomfortable knowing what really makes a life a success. You commit 100%, you do what is right (and, in your soul, you all know what that is in most any situation but most don't choose that because it's usually harder). You should treat people well and if they threaten you or you family - you put a stop to the threat any way you need to, so it never comes back again.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
I've just read "It Was Only Supposed to be a Summer Job"

Nowhere in that story did it let on that Stevies father Marty came from a family of prophetic gypsies. "Maybe if this was 1971, or 1991, but it's not. This is 1951, and raising a mixed-race child here in New York isn't going to be easy," Henry said. Maybe Henry, Marty's father only had a partial prophetic gene or he would have known that not only did Marty have the strength and determination to stand up to the discrimination and adversity that he would face, but would be so strong of moral fibre and love for Stevie that Stevie would consider him his one and only true father despite lacking the same DNA. I'm not slamming what is probably going to be a great story once I read it, just came to comment this because I found it kind of funny.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
It doesn't seem to be letting me comment

I just commented on this story but when I went to the comments it wasnt there let alone the message of it being under review

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not A Very Good Story

This is what happens when an author writes outside his/her comfort zone. One never expected to see a novel by Tom Clancy in the Fantasy genre, and Hook shouldn't write something like this. Get back to your roots...

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but why did Ellis randomly do an about-face and decide he wanted Naomi and Stevie for himself? For one thing, the idea of a black man kidnapping a married white woman and her child (regardless of paternity) is pretty ludicrous in itself. Even more so in pre-Civil Rights Movement USA. Unless he kept both of them imprisoned in his house forever, it would just take one statement to a cop (or anybody, really) to fuck up his life for good. And that's not even accounting for how Marty would be out for his ass. For another, he didn't want the ball and chain to begin with, so why did he suddenly decide that being bound to an unwilling woman for posterity was the best idea?

COYSCOYSover 3 years ago

Good story

But why is it in LW? There was never any tension in the marriage between husband and wife. But nonetheless a very entertaining story. Thank you

ju8streadingju8streadingover 3 years ago

half expected marty to tell them, send me back i have a job to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Guess I haven't seen any "perfect" stories but I did find it a good read. For those overly critical please point me to your story or book, I'd give it a read. Thank you Hooked.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
Nice story!

Always good to read a new one from Hooked!

Tootight1Tootight1over 3 years ago
good story

What there is of it. Seems as though you get all the way through it and oh then he had a heart attack and dies. WTF... This I did not expect.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

The story was OK up until the ending when the awful religious bullshit interfere with and ruined the end of the story

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Solid story after solid story, Hooked just keeps them coming. Thank you, Sir. Randi.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

A lovely story and a fantastic prequel to your earlier story which I confess to having missed earlier until tonight.

Thank you for these tale, you are at times an exceptional author, this is one of those times.

Scores a firm 5/5.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I don't mean to be difficult, but if this is a prequel, then it describes events prior to the other story, so why does the other story need to be read first?

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Aw....

Ok, you went a little corny at the end...I loved it! Thanks for writing!

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

An interesting story. Yes, there are good and evil people in this world. Hopefully we get to meet and be friends with more good ones than evil. Thank for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
If this was a "prequel"?

Doesn't that mean it should stand on it's own and the next chapter would be better if you read the "prequel" first? And regardless of the story, no one dies happily, at age 42, from a heart attack. Not your best work.

2 stars

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Great story - Hated Marty had to die, but well written and fresh. 5*

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

I had zero interest in the prequel, seems I made the right choice in skipping it.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Small errors don't ruin a very good tale

Thank you Hooked that was a very good story, error was mixing up the Naomi / Traci names but hey I won't demand a refund.

I think Lit should offer a full refund to the same 4 anonymous commentators that have whinged about every story in this event.

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Real good

I thoroughly enjoyed that, even though my natural cynicism and suspicion had me looking for some liberal claptrap. Pleased to say I didnt find it, good tale well told.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Excellent read

Enjoyed the story but thought there should have been more of a build up at the beginning. Who out of the blue decides to marry a pregnant girl. Maybe more of a reason why he was attracted to her in the first place. The ending was a bit harsh, were done the main character must die. Thanks I did enjoy the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Tale...

and now we know more about Steve, the star of another favorite tale.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A great story from you, you created a Jewish saint .

Nice to find the perfect man written by you. If the human race could only follow this story. The extra religious BS at the end was not my thing. How did this develop in your mind . The pearly gates .really! You killed him off so young.did his son ever make something of his life going forward in a white world filled with prejudice and haters,bigots, small minded souls .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked this story.

Thought it was a good story but would like a sequel about how Marty and especially Stevie got on after Marty died.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Damn. Good.

Very good story.

Marty passed too soon, it was a damn shame.

Well done, simply poetic.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 3 years ago
Excellent story: thanks!

Here's to the good guys, wherever you find 'em.

GA

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 3 years ago
Out of sequence but good anyway

Hooked1957 got it wrong "Marty's Story" is a prequel so if you read "It Was Just Supposed to Be a Summers Job" first it will be out of sequence. I enjoyed the story but the ending of Marty at the gates of heaven took away from were the natural end of "Marty's Story" was I felt when, (Marty apparently died a happy man sometime during the night, a massive heart attack claiming his life at 42.)

rodryder44rodryder44over 3 years ago

It was a good story without any connection to the genre of Loving Wives.

AileyInnAileyInnover 3 years ago
Enjoyed your story...

A feel good in a place where feel good is not always the case. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you...

...Storyteller! I would loved to have met Marty. Five big stars ⭐️ for this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wonderful series. Not what I come to Literotica for, but I'm rewarded by reading this and the sequel. Thanks mate

OBSunSeekerOBSunSeekerover 3 years ago
Life Well Lived

Excellent a life well lived! Story of a mans man who took on responsibilities that was not of his own making and who helped others. I have had the honor of meeting and working with a couple like Marty in this story. Good to read something with some goodness once in a while.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

Nice job making the prequel match the original. Very consistent. Too bad Marty died in the end, at such a young age. At least he left with a smile, and left his wife satisfied - can’t ask for much more!

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

I particularly enjoyed & liked the Heavenly Reward section. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the jokes that end the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story! Though not blood related, Stevie was his son, and when she really first needed him, Naomi had a husband and they were a respectable family. 10 stars isn't close!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the most enjoyable stories that I have read on this site. Well done

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

A fitting prequel to your great story “the summer Job”. Good writing and a main character that was truly heroic! The humour was a bonus!

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dang it, there you go again another ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ story. I don’t know how you do it. This one hit all the buttons I enjoy reading about.

Those who know and understand the New York City of the 40s – 70s can see the imagery you created in this story. Longshoremen ran the docks with an iron fist using the Italian Mafia to enforce.

Your Story being in the “Hanging by a Thread,” listing of stories was a nice treat. It looks like there are some good ones in the listing. Thanks for writing this one.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Quit when he talks to Ellis as if he is a decent guy instead of a piece of shit!!!

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

You do your readers a dis-service when you construct an excellent story and rush the ending. There should have been at least two more chapters covering contact, how his family progressed and he reconnected with his wife at her passing.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33about 1 year ago

ANOTHER THREE POINTER/HOLE IN ON/ TOUCHDOWN/HOMERUN KEEP GOING.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

There are a few good people out there...................5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What good Karma. No wonder Stevie had the overflow of his father's good deeds. Naomi was blessed as if Marty was the incarnation of Ruth.

( ...wither thous't go, there will I follow... from the book of Ruth?)

DazzyDDazzyD6 months ago

Read and re re read! Still GREAT!

DazzyD

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The last scene at the pearly gates made the whole story (not that it was lacking up to that point). While I'm not a believer, I would be delighted if that's what greeted me after passing, although I suspect I'd be one of those waiting awhile. Definitely not the prequel I expected, but a very good story nonetheless.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Excellent, wish I could have read it before the sequel. Still, outstanding!! Thank you

TwmatthewsTwmatthewsabout 1 month ago

Nicely tied into the story of Stevie. A story like this doesn't need a lot of sex to be enjoyable, especially when the characters are so well developed.

Captain_KarmaCaptain_Karma15 days ago

Well done! Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous