All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 03'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not as exciting as previous ones but fun nonetheless

This turn of events wasn't what I expected but it was fun to see him contemplate his past and to see just what life threw at him to get him where he is now. Should be interesting 3-4 days on the sea without his lovely lady, maybe throw in some moments of her thought of him in the meantime too.

5* all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I think the previous comment missed the fact that Alvin finished his trip and he's on his way back to Mary already. Or have I read it wrong? Alvin's daughter Jennifer is there at the Newport (Rhode Island) dock to drive him back to Londonderry, right?

Oh, and he's a middle child! I KNEW he was a middle child! *swoon* Part of me wants to hear more about Bonnie now, but I just know it will make me cry.

Bebop3Bebop3about 6 years ago
Character Development

It was nice to see an exploration of Alvin's background. It helped to balance the narrative between the protagonists.

Looking forward to chapter four.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueabout 6 years ago

Chapter two fell flat for me - it read like a big back story info-dump, and whoever he was, was so dull I've forgotten already - but this chapter buzzed along nicely. Wendy a nice touch of spice, and Alvin's story tightly seen.

My concern though, on behalf of the story, is the "big events in a life" - like his father's death - pass by very quickly. Many of your paragraphs could almost be chapters in their own right. It's like postcards on a fridge door, whereas I'm wanting to read the long letters.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 5 years ago
Introduction of the characters

Chapters 2 and 3. Get to know Mary and Alvin - their back stories - who they are, how they got that way. Give them some hurdles to overcome. Alvin’s reputation and Bonnie’s ghost (Kelly’s comments about Alvin’s long list of girlfriends who never seem to work out, and Alvin’s musings about Mary as just another pretty girl compared to Bonnie, who “had been his lover, his wife, his soulmate. The mother of his children”.

Onward to Ch. 4. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

slightly confused!

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

Interesting chapter on Alvin, and using the "isolation" to either better define him or make him face an important decision/take action...well, you followed the classic literary option to do just that--although as a flashback--and you nailed it: becoming a man is accepting the responsibility you're given or taking charge of your destiny (and he has to assume the former); in so doing, he meets the girl that would become his better half. Of course would never replace Bonnie, so she could only become a unique and different part of his life experience.

You earned a well-deserved 5 on this one.

GoldustwingGoldustwing18 days ago

Very smooth sailing with the story so far, really enjoying it.

WilCox49WilCox4921 minutes ago

Very nice installment to a nice story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
944 Followers
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES