All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 08'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartalmost 6 years ago
Crossing

...the boundary into pretty great literature. Thank you for sharing with us!

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinalmost 6 years ago
Lovely Story

The cardboard boat race alone was worth 5 stars! Thank you for this intelligent, romantic tale.

mature_neophytemature_neophytealmost 6 years ago
Beautiful

And oh so real! I love this tale, and the characters are just so tangible. I feel like I could walk out my front door and bump into any one of them. Like most on Literotica I enjoy the fantasy and extreme relationships in some of the stories, but this is just so much more real. Great writing, especially this chapter. Looking forward to more!!

EmirusEmirusalmost 6 years ago
What the hell, she thought, I like lobster.

Read every word. Every 10,000 plus of them and now I know what I’m looking for. Or should I say NOW I know what I’m looking for.

“What the hell, she thought, I like lobster.” You can feel her acceptance of the situation and see the expression on her face as she says it. I like the “a gaggle of apparent dignitaries.” 😂

Although it was obvious that Brent was a wrong un, because he was too good to be true, you wanted to find out why he was there. Sad to say we’ve all met people, men and women, like him and they always seem to get away with it.

You are able to write something that people can actually relate to and not just see as fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I'm one of your biggest fans!

I'm a widower, and I read stories on this site for about three hours a day. While there are some truly great authors such as you, most write nothing but trash. So I salute you and thank you for this lovely, tender love story.

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 6 years ago

Lovely, gentle story telling, Melissa. You're so... unobtrusive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Romantic Indeed

The story tugged at my heart in several places. The heart heals with the words it feels!

Great story, well done!

LuckyMMLuckyMMover 5 years ago
Don’t usually comment but :

I don’t usually comment, but this whole story is just so wonderful, so well done.

It is just when I needed to touch my heart again. I agree with all the wonderful comments made so I won’t repeat them. But I agree with them.

So wonderful to find stories like this. I think I’ve moved from the loving wives category to the romance category.

Last but not least, thank you for creating this wonderful story.

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

Lovely.

*

Wow. First she finally gets the courage to move on from Wyatt (who clearly thought just getting "married" was enough and no further effort was required) to Brent (never said he was married)--and while that was a horrible mistake--it precipitated her move to Maine. Wonderful thing: her sharing that story balanced the scales in personal history they needed to know about each other, so now it makes sense they confess "I love you" to each other.

*

The difference in age clearly exhibits zero problems because they work at the relationship together and they've learned to equally share. That's why she couldn't remain chained to Wyatt, because he refused to mature professionally and personally. Only missing element is for Mary to stand up to her mom and defend their relationship.

*

Adorable descriptions of the fireworks, cardboard boat races, fair, all the sights, sounds and people. Only one thing I found:

*

"She raised her eyes and beyond the wharf she saw the curve of the shore, whitecaps breaking against it's rocky edge." Needs to be "its," which is something that seemingly rears its head once per installment.

*

Stupendous job! 5

GoldustwingGoldustwing20 days ago

Certainly fits the Romantic category, but I loved the Mary backstory, it was a tough time for her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
945 Followers
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES