Mary and Alvin Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bonita stood and stretched. "Well, alright, if you guys are cool with it, I am going to do it."

"I'll find you the contact info for the agency," Jennifer said, "Do you want to stay for supper?"

"Thanks, but I told Jamie I'd come by and take him to House of Pizza."

Danni raised an eyebrow. "What's going on there, kiddo?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's going on. We're just friends."

"You are spending a lot of time together," Jennifer said.

"Well, he's got nobody else. And besides, he's interesting, I like hanging out with him."

"Okay," Danni laughed, "I was just asking."

Bonita stepped on to the porch and gave them each a kiss. "Come on, Lola," she called. Lola trotted over and followed her to the bike. She hopped into the sidecar as Bonita took her seat.

They think me and Jamie got a thing going on, Bonita thought as she waved and rode out of the yard. I mean, yeah, I like him and we get along really well, and he is kind of cute, but the idea that I have the hots for him or something? That was a crazy notion. Wasn't it?

***

Jessica's daughter Emily and a group of her friends clapped and cheered when Bonita revved her motor and rode in a full circle in front of the bakery. Lola, sitting in the sidecar, barked at them, and they cheered again. She still wasn't happy about the sign reading "Largest Dog In Londonderry" that Bonita had draped around her neck, but she was always pleased to get attention.

Weaving from one side of Main Street to the other, making sure that everyone saw the Faulkner's Wharf sign she had affixed to the back of the motorcycle, Bonita caught up to the Rotary Club float in front of her. She had participated in the Harbor Festival Parade since she was a little girl, when she and Hannah would ride their bikes, with Papa walking along beside them. One year she marched with the Sea Scouts, but she hadn't lasted long with them; she knew more about sailing than the dubbers who ran the ship. For a couple of years, after Mary had joined the festival planning committee, she and Hannah had gotten to carry the big banner at the front of the parade. But, as a teenager, she decided the whole thing was corny and wanted nothing to do with it, although she did attend the year that Hannah was the runner up Harbor Princess. But now, she got a kick out of it. When she reached the turn at the bottom of Main, she saw Alvin and Rafael standing on the corner. She waved at them and Alvin gave her a thumbs up.

Once the parade was on Front Street, it began to break up as the participants made their way to City Park. Hannah was standing on the front steps of the old Bayside Fuels building, and waved when she saw the motorcycle approach. Bonita pulled over and parked.

Lola jumped from the sidecar and into Hannah's arms. "Oh, don't make her wear that silly sign," Hannah said, "How do you know she's the biggest dog in town, anyway?"

"I'll make the claim until someone proves otherwise," Bonita said as she relieved Lola of the sign.

They walked down Front Street to the vendor's area, and browsed through the stalls.

"So, where's your boyfriend today?" Hannah asked Bonita as they looked through a display of tourmaline jewelry.

Bonita rolled her eyes. "He's not my boyfriend. Why does everybody think that?"

"Because he follows you around like a puppy?"

"That's on him, not me."

"You don't discourage him."

Bonita shrugged. "Yeah, what about you? I can't believe you took up with Dale Larrabee again."

"That's just a summer thing. You know I don't want to get serious with anyone until after I graduate."

"But a girl needs what a girl needs, right?"

Hannah laughed. "Right now, I need a corn dog."

"Is that a euphemism?" Bonita snickered.

They found the hot dog vendor, and got their corndogs. Hannah bought a can of ginger ale and Bonita got a Moxie.

"You know Jamie actually likes Moxie?" she asked Hannah, "I never met a flatlander who liked it before."

"You sure bring him up a lot, what with him not being your boyfriend."

Bonita shrugged and raised her middle finger from around the stick of her corndog. They walked into the park and found an empty picnic table in the shade of an ancient maple tree. They sat side by side and sipped their sodas, listening to the Down East Jug Band, playing in the bandstand. Lola squeezed under the table and went to sleep.

After they finished eating, Hannah asked, "So, when are you going to meet your dad?"

"Next week. Me and Mama Jen are driving over."

"How do you feel? Are you excited? Scared?"

Bonita thought for a minute. "Just curious, I guess. A little anxious."

"Are you thinking you might have a relationship with him?"

"Hard tellin', not knowin'. I mean, he could be a real numbie."

"I doubt it."

"Why?"

"Well you turned out mostly okay."

"Well, there's a real compliment."

The jug band finished its set and the Bayside Fiddlers took their turn. They were two songs in when Hannah nudged Bonita.

"Here comes not your boyfriend now," she whispered.

Jamie walked up to the table, hesitated for a second, then said hello and sat down across from Bonita.

"Hey, I saw your mom riding in the parade," he told Hannah.

"Yeah, she's the festival chair this year."

"That's cool."

Bonita cleared her throat and cocked one eyebrow at Jamie.

"Oh yeah," he said, blushing, "I saw you, too. And Lola." He leaned down and patted the dog on her head.

They listened to the fiddlers for a while, then Jamie decided to get some food.

"Bring us back a funnel cake!" Bonita shouted to him as he left. He waved and nodded.

"He is really sweet," Hannah said, "and he's not hard on the eyes. He worships the ground you walk on. So what's the problem?"

"Well, for one thing, I don't want to be worshipped. And I'm his boss, don't forget that."

"That's just temporary."

Bonita snickered. "I can just hear it. I've got good news and bad news for you, Jamie. The bad news is you're fired. The good news is, we can fuck now."

"He'd take that deal in a heartbeat."

"I don't know," Bonita said, shaking her head, "I don't think he's done wandering."

"Sure he is. He's exactly where he wants to be. The question is, what do you want?"

"I'm perfectly fine with what I've got."

"Bullshit, Nita. I love you, sweetie, but I'm calling you out. Your whole life is your job and your dog. Is that it? You're good? All set for life? At twenty?"

Bonita started to speak, but Hannah interrupted her. "If everything in your life is so hunky dory, how come all of a sudden, you need to know who your dad is?"

"That's a whole different thing."

"It's the same thing. You know there's something missing in your life. Are you going to be thirty, forty years old and still hooking up with local losers like Ben Quigley?"

Bonita shook her head hard. "You don't even know. Jamie's got some real fucking issues."

"I don't doubt it. He watched his mother and father die and almost died himself. But you know what else? He spent the last couple of months working his ass off to prove to himself, and to everybody else, and especially to you, that he's not a loser. And here he comes, bringing you a funnel cake."

Jamie set the funnel cake in front of Bonita, than sat down. Bonita looked at his food. "Jeezum crow," she said, "that's the biggest pile of french fries I ever seen."

"I got the largest size because I thought you might want some."

Bonita felt Hannah's knee nudge her thigh under the table. She cast her an annoyed glance. Hannah took a couple of fries, ate them and said, "You know what, I am going to go look around the vendors some more. I'll see you guys later."

Bonita and Jamie ate most of the french fries. What they did not finish, Bonita tossed on the ground. In less than a minute, a pair of gulls swooped down and took them. Lola wolfed down the last of the funnel cake.

Bonita nervously tapped the table with her fingernails and cleared her throat. "So, Jamie, there is something we need to talk about."

Jamie frowned. "What is it?"

"The work on SeaJay is just about done. We're putting her in the water end of next week."

"So...I am out of a job, and I need to find a place to live."

"Well, what do you want to do, Jamie?"

Jamie looked down at the table. "I've got nowhere to go," he mumbled.

Bonita sighed. "I can keep you on till the end of the summer," she told him, "but it would help if you were willing to get on a frickin' boat that's actually in the water."

"I know, but...you know..."

Bonita reached across the table and laid her hand on his. "I know, Jamie. Don't worry about it, I can find stuff for you to do."

Lola was getting restless. "Come on," Bonita said, "Let's take a walk around. I think she needs to poop."

They walked through the park toward the parking area where the carnival rides had been set up. When Lola did squat to defecate, Jamie took the plastic bag from Bonita, and picked it up to dispose of it.

"You want to go on the ferris wheel or something?" Jamie asked, as they meandered past the lines waiting to board the rides.

"Naw, I really don't like that."

"Really? You go sailing out in the middle of the ocean, but you are scared of going on a ferris wheel?"

"Take a look at the people who run them, bub. Count their frickin' fingers."

Jamie laughed. "Yeah, you've got a point."

"When I'm sailing, I know that everything is right. The vessel is sound. The rigging is tight. Everything is ship shape, as they say."

"Sounds like you have trust issues."

"Nope. High standards."

Jamie laughed. "But you still hang out with me."

"You ain't so bad," Bonita said. Impulsively, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Jamie stopped walking and stared at her. She blushed and turned her face away. He caught up with her in a few steps.

"So, we seen the whole fair. What do you want to do now?" Bonita asked.

"Want to go to the movies?"

"Yeah, alright. We have to take Lola home first."

They walked down Front Street to Bonita's motorcycle, then rode to her apartment. She pulled into the driveway and dismounted.

"Well, come along," she said when Jamie hesitated getting off the bike.

"You never invited me in before" Jamie said, looking up at the big Victorian house.

"First time for everything."

She led him up to the third floor landing and opened the door. Lola pushed past him, almost knocking him down the steps.

"Yeah, you might not want to get between her and her food dish," Bonita said, grinning.

Jamie looked around the apartment. "This looks cozy," he said.

"You mean small."

"No, it's nice."

"Back when this was some rich sea captain's mansion, this was the maid's quarters. You want a soda or some water or something?"

"Water would be good," he said. The only seating in the living room was a small love seat and a battered easy chair. He sat on one end of the love seat while Bonita fetched two glasses of ice water from the kitchenette. When she returned, she sat down next to him.

He took a sip of water, then put the glass down on the end table. "Bonita," he said, "Do you..."

He stopped and frowned.

"What is it, Jamie, spit it out."

He turned to face her. "How come you kissed me back there?"

She thought for a moment. "It just felt right, I guess."

"What if I kissed you now?"

"Does it feel right?"

"Yeah."

He put his hand on her shoulder, leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers. She returned the kiss, slipping her tongue between his lips. They embraced, shifted to as reclined a position as the little love seat allowed, and continued to kiss.

Jamie awkwardly squeezed Bonita's breast.

"A little rough there, bub," she whispered.

"Oh, shit, sorry," he said, lifting his hand.

"That's alright." She took his hand in hers and returned it to her breast. "Caress, don't squeeze. You ain't milking a cow."

They ran their hands over each others bodies as they kissed. Bonita's hand slid across the front of Jamie's jeans and felt his hardness. He moaned loudly and kissed her harder.

She pulled her head back and gently pushed him away.

"What's the matter?" he asked, "Is something wrong?"

Bonita furrowed her brow. "You ain't done this before, have you?"

Jamie blushed and looked away.

"Aw shit, you haven't. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you."

"It's okay," he said sheepishly.

Bonita sat up and patted him on the thigh. "At least you ain't one of those dubbers who think they invented fucking."

She stood and held out her hand. He rose and took it and followed her into the bedroom.

"I'll save you the embarrassment of figuring out bra hooks and all that," she said, pulling her shirt over her head.

Jamie stood at the foot of the bed, staring at her. She tossed her shirt at him. "You just going to stand there gawking, or you going to get undressed?"

By the time Jamie got his clothes off, Bonita was already naked, kneeling on the bed. He climbed up and knelt in front of her. She put her hands on his shoulders and kissed him, then reached down and wrapped her fingers around his swollen cock. Dropping down to her hands and knees, she guided it to her lips. She sucked the length of it in and out of her mouth a few times, then drew back, afraid that she might make him come too soon.

Sitting back on her heels, she said, "First of all, this is a nice dick, so don't start fussing about if it's big enough or some shit."

"Bonita, I am not totally clueless."

She laid back and spread her legs. "Show me that you're not."

He leaned down and propped himself on his elbows. He kissed her mound, then pressed his tongue inside her.

"Slower," she whispered, "gentler." He heeded her and slowly ran his tongue up and down between her labia. She took hold of his head in both hands.

"That's it," she moaned when he found her clitoris, "right there...no...yeah there..."

She closed her eyes and sank into the pleasure from his lips and tongue. She didn't think she'd have an orgasm, but she was enjoying his effort, and he would get better. That thought startled her. She was assuming this was not a one time thing, and she liked the way it made her feel to think so.

Jamie raised his head. "How is it? Good?"

"It's great, babe. But maybe you should fuck me now."

He smiled and crawled forward until the tip of his cock bumped against her vulva. She reached under him and took hold of his shaft.

"Now, go slow," she told him and guided him forward.

"Am I in?" he asked.

"Just barely, go ahead, push."

She drew in her breath as she felt him fill her. "That's good, babe. Now, back and forth, slow."

His arms were trembling. She put her hands on his biceps. "It's okay, Jamie. It's really good." He dropped his head down on to her shoulder and she wrapped one arm over his back, while stroking his hair with her other hand. His hips were moving with increased speed and force. She lifted her legs and hooked them around his thighs.

"Can I come in you?" he gasped.

"Yes," she whispered, and she sensed his muscles stiffen. He bucked his hips hard, again and again, then collapsed on top of her, sweating and panting.

He took a few deep breaths, then rolled on to his side. She turned to face him, and nestled in his arms.

"Did you come?" he asked her, when he could speak again. She had not, but she said, "Yes, honey, you did really good." There would be plenty of other times, she thought.

Lola jumped up on the bed and tried to squeeze between them.

"No, Lola," Bonita said, pushing her back. Lola reluctantly laid down at their feet and went to sleep. Jamie and Bonita held each other, occasionally kissing, until it grew dark in the room.

"Oh shit! I almost forgot," Bonita said, sitting up. She turned on the nightstand lamp and rolled off the bed, grabbing her jeans and shirt off the floor.

"What's up?" Jamie asked.

"Just put your pants on, bub." She shooed Lola off the bed, then led her into the bathroom and shut her in.

"It's almost time for the fireworks," she told Jamie as they dressed.

"Oh cool, are we going to go back to the park?"

"Nope." She walked over to the bedroom window, removed the screen and climbed out.

"Bonita! What the fuck!" Jamie rushed to the window. Bonita was standing on the low sloped roof.

"Come out here," she said.

Jamie cautiously lifted himself through the window and sat down with his back against the wall of the house. Bonita sat down next to him and entwined her arm with his.

"It's safe," she said, "it isn't very steep."

"No, but it's like forty feet down."

"Yeah. So don't fall."

There was a whistling sound, and than a loud explosion, and the sky burst into red and gold sparks.

"Hey," Bonita said, raising her voice to be heard over the noise, "I think I can solve your problem."

"Which one?" he shouted back.

"Where to live."

"Where?"

"Here."

He looked at her for a moment, then kissed her. The sky lit up in brilliant bursts of color, but they did not really watch.

***

"You just drove past it," Bonita said, looking over her shoulder.

"I know," Jennifer said with a shrug, "I didn't see anywhere to park."

"There's a spot, across the street."

"I'll see if I can turn around." She turned left at the next corner.

"Uh...Mom...this is a one way street."

Jennifer put the car in reverse and backed on to Elm Street. "Hey, what do I know about Manchester? I haven't been to New Hampshire in twenty years."

"All I now about it is ten miles of turnpike, and then you're in Mass."

"And that your father lives here."

The space was still open and she pulled into it and shut off the car. They sat and stared at the front of Granite State Grinder. Bonita drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Jennifer stroked her daughter's hair.

"You're sure about this? If you want to back out nobody would blame you."

Bonita shook her head. "No, I'm ready. You sure you don't want to go in with me?"

"I'm sure. But I'm here if you need me."

"You just going to sit here?"

"Where the hell would I go?"

"Alright." She opened the door and started to get out, then turned and kissed Jennifer on the cheek. "I love you, Mama."

"I love you too, baby. Hey, bring me back a latte and a scone or something, okay?"

"Sure, Mama."

She stood on the sidewalk and took her phone from her pocket. She opened the picture and looked at it for perhaps the hundredth time.

His name was Kevin Fernandez. He was smiling in the picture. He had dark hair and eyes and a light olive tone to his skin. He looked like a nice guy. Not a bad surrogate for Mama Danni, Bonita thought. She put the phone back into her pocket and crossed the street. Without any hesitation, she opened the coffeehouse door and saw him immediately, sitting at a table halfway to the back. They made eye contact and he stood. Bonita walked toward him and he held out his hand. She was surprised to see that he was several inches shorter than she was.

"Bonita?"

"Yeah, hi. Kevin, right?"

They shook hands.

"Can I get you a cup of coffee or something?" he asked.

"Sure, just a regular coffee, cream and sugar."

"You want a muffin or something?"

"No, I'm good."

She sat down while he went to the service counter. Resting her hands on the table, she saw that they were trembling. Stop that, she told herself, and clasped them in her lap.

Kevin returned to the table with two cups of coffee, and put one down in front of her. He sat and for a minute, they looked at each other in silence, then both began to speak at once.

Kevin laughed. "You go first, dear."

"You live here? In Manchester?"

"I live in Merrimack, that's just a little ways away. So, you're up on the coast of Maine. I've been up there a few times on fishing trips, it's a beautiful place."

There was another awkward silence.