Mary's Affair, Ended

Story Info
The affair had ended four years ago. Now the fallout came.
7.6k words
4.1
72.2k
65
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MattblackUK
MattblackUK
1,466 Followers

my thanks to Randi for organising this event, inviting us to participate and for her invaluable assistance. And to the Literotica team for publishing all of our stories over the years.

*

My phone rang. It was an internal call from my secretary, Emily. "Hello, Em?"

"Hi, Steve, there's someone on an outside line for you. She said you'd want to speak with her?"

"Who is it, please, Emily?"

"She introduced herself as Mary Jones. Shall I tell her you're too busy?"

Mary Jones? My daughter Donna's one-time best friend? Interesting. "No, Emily. Please put her through right away."

Seconds later I was speaking with Mary, and the last several years had slipped away.

"Hello, Steve? Is that you?"

"Yes, Mary. It's me! I'm so pleased you called. How have you been? Are you okay? Have you spoken to Donna yet?"

"Not yet, I wanted to talk to you first. I'll talk with Donna later today. Your offices are still in the Clark Building on Barker Street?"

I acknowledged this and she added, "Can I meet you at your office, Steve? At 4PM?"

We agreed on the time and we ended the call. I sat back in my chair, pondering. Mary and Donna had been thicker than thieves together, having met when they were aged four, at nursery.

They'd done virtually everything together, including double dating when they were old enough; until suddenly Mary had virtually vanished overnight, abandoning her plans to study at the local college with Donna and taking a place at a college 500 miles away, in a different state.

There'd been very little contact between the two girls after Mary had moved, and I'd had many discussions with my wife Sally over what might have precipitated the situation, but she had always shaken her head, answering, "I'm afraid I don't know."

Today, I felt that I would soon learn what had happened.

At a little before 4PM, a smiling Emily ushered Mary into my office.

Mary looked different. She looked pretty much the same as she had the last time I had seen her four years ago, but she had lost something. She'd aged, obviously, as had we all, but there was something else, too.

She rushed across the room as Emily shut the door behind her. "Oh, Steve! Steve!" she began sobbing as I held her. I was bewildered to be honest. Something bad had happened to her which had snatched her away from us, her second family, me, my wife and our daughter. Her own mother had vanished from her life when she'd been a child, and cancer had taken her father when she'd been in her mid-teens.

She disengaged from me and said, with tears in her eyes, "Steve, I have something to tell you, something that will have you hating on me. Really, badly hating on me."

I shook my head, saying: "I'll never be able to hate you, Mary. Never."

She in turn shook her head. "What I tell you may just make you change your mind, Steve. You see, I had an affair with your wife."

Whoa! An affair? Between Mary and Sally? Talk about blindsided? So, that was the reason why Mary had vanished those four years ago?

I ushered Mary to the two comfortable easy chairs that were in a corner of my office. "Mary, your news has shocked me. But I don't hate you, at least not yet. Please could you tell me what happened? How the affair began?"

She trembled and then began to speak. "Stave, remember when you, Donna and Sally were supposed to have a long weekend at the lakes, but Sally couldn't make it in the end, because someone organized a long last-minute workplace meeting?"

I nodded, not saying anything. I'd forgotten about that. Sally had told Donna and myself that one of her colleagues in the school counseling department that she worked in had become worried about a new piece of state legislation, so he had called a meeting at the very last minute. In order to prepare for the meeting, Sally had decided to let Donna and myself go to the lakes by ourselves. Donna had asked Mary if she wanted to go, but she had a project to finish off for school, so it had changed to time for some Dad and Daughter bonding. It had been great, but it would have been better if Sally had been with us.

"Sally asked me to visit your house on that Friday. The meeting had taken place earlier that day. It hadn't taken long, just about half an hour. But it had been Sally who had called the meeting, not some colleague of hers as she'd told you.

"She had a couple of bottles of wine already open and breathing and she sat me down on the sofa. We began drinking the wine. She offered me a shoulder massage. It felt good and eventually she asked if I wanted her to use some massage oil? Of course, I agreed, but she said that I should take off my top because she didn't want to stain it with the oil.

"The next thing she suggested I dropped my bra straps to stop them interfering with the massage. Then... then she touched my breasts. I panicked. I didn't know what to do!

"But then she complimented me on my breasts and she gave me another glass of wine and I somehow felt more at ease, happier. Then she kissed me. I tasted the wine in her mouth and I suddenly felt energized and warm.

"She kissed my breasts, then she inserted her hand into my knickers, I tried to stop her, but I felt really weird. She began kissing me again and my resistance fell away. She found my clit and she started rubbing it. It felt different as to when a boy did it; she knew just what to do. What I wanted. I got really wet. She knew just what I wanted, what I needed. I suddenly came, it was very intense.

"Then I began to cry, I felt really guilty. I said: 'What about Steve? What have I done?' What have you done?

"She kissed my tears away, gave me a tissue and said, 'Don't worry about Steve. This has nothing to do with Steve and me, or Steve and you. I love my husband to pieces and I always will. This is between you and I. Don't worry about it, it will not impact on my marriage with Steve. He doesn't have to know about this. He doesn't need to know about this.'

"Then she started kissing me more aggressively and with more passion and eventually almost without any conscious effort on my part, your wife had my skirt up, my panties off and she had her tongue in my vagina. She tongued me to so many orgasms that eventually I was fully satiated and I had to beg her to stop.

"She got up, moved away from my crotch and she sat next to me and cuddled up to me. She began whispering to me, loving, encouraging words. I now realize that they were well-rehearsed words, designed to ward off any guilt that I might be feeling. And believe me, Steve, despite what she'd said, I was feeling guilty.

"After a while, she convinced me I should return the favor, and we moved into a 69 position and we got each other off and we showered, had a snack and went to bed together. We made love again several times before you and Donna came home.

I looked at her before speaking. "How long did the affair go on, Mary? Why did it stop? Did you stop it, or did Sally?"

"It was me. I stopped it. It lasted about three months. It wasn't easy hiding the affair from you and Donna, but Sally had convinced herself and me that it was all worthwhile and that we weren't taking anything away from you. In fact, she went so far as to imply that you and she had a sort of open relationship and that if you wanted to take a lover, she wouldn't mind."

She paused, shook her head and continued "But one day she let something slip that made me realize she was full of shit. A story came up on a celebrity news channel about an actor whose wife had found he was cheating on her. She turned to me, laughed and said: 'If I ever found out Steve was cheating on me, I'd cut his balls off!'

"She saw the expression on my face and she realized that she'd fucked up. She tried to put it right, but I ignored what I now realized was just more of her bullshit.

"She'd convinced me we weren't cheating on you, but she'd lied to me in order to do this. So, she'd just shown me that our great adult love affair was really nothing but a tawdry, filthy thing. I left your house. I felt dirty and humiliated. And stupid. I knew I had to get away from her. From everyone.

"I couldn't tell Donna why; I couldn't even think about looking you in the eye and telling you and I obviously didn't want to talk to Sally again.

"I told my cousin who I was living with that a relationship I was in had gone sour, which was sort of true, so I told her I needed to leave town. I cancelled my place at college, went online, found another college which was 500 miles away and luckily when I called them, they'd just had a student decline their offer of a place on the course I wanted to do, so I took their place and went into dorm accommodation there."

"You never really kept in touch with any of us, did you, Mary?"

She looked shamefaced. "I wanted to, but I couldn't."

"Okay, I can understand that. So, what happened then?"

"I began to struggle at college, so I booked sessions with a counselor who was a really helpful woman. She let me ramble on about what had happened over a number of appointments. After three years I got my degree and I went to work in the graphic design department at the college.

"I began to get depressed. When I tried to kill myself twice, the hospital recommended me to a really good expert in PTSD, and with her help I was able to make some real progress.

"A couple months back my counselor said she was convinced that I needed to gain closure on what had happened back then, that I needed to come home and let you guys know why I had just disappeared."

I shook my head. "I'm so sorry for what happened to you, Mary."

"Why are you sorry, Steve? I don't really understand?"

"You think, or rather you thought, you were having a love affair with your female lover, my wife, but the reality, at least at first, was that from what you just told me was that the fucking bitch actually raped you!"

Mary shook her head. "No, Steve I have to take full responsibility for my life choices. I was a full-grown woman and I messed up."

I squeezed her hand. "No. You are forgetting Mary, I know the shit your mother put you through, how she booked it and left you with your dad when he was first sick with cancer, how hard it hit you when your dad eventually passed away and your mother never even sent a sympathy card.

"Both Sally and I knew that you were young and very vulnerable. From what you just told me, she set Donna and me up to be out of town so she could remain at home so she could have free reign to seduce you and to fuck you. She got you drunk, and from what you just told me, she probably slipped you some E to help make you more compliant. And she is a psychologist, damn it, a school counselor! She, above everyone else, should have known not to do that. But instead, she used her expert skills to seduce you.

"What she did was wrong and I think, though I'm no expert, it actually would have constituted rape."

Mary began to cry really hard. I hugged her to me, my own eyes were tear-filled, too.

"Steve! Oh, thank you! I was so sure you would hate me, but you don't, do you?"

"Mary, I don't hate you. But I do hate Sally for what she did to you. Look, I feel we need to have Donna clued in on this. I'm going to book a table in a private room at the Village Tavern at 6.30PM, I'll get Donna to meet up with us. Sally is involved with a committee meeting this evening, or so she told me, so she'll be out 'til at least 10.30PM or so, so we won't have to be bothered about her for the moment."

She wiped her eyes and said: "You don't really think Sally raped me? Do you?"

I nodded, saying: "Yes, Mary. I am sorry, but yes, I believe that she raped you. But now, I'll call Donna and get that table booked."

I asked Emily to book the Village Tavern (which was actually a large multi-roomed sports bar within the Kentish Hotel, a part of the Brocade Hotels chain). So it was I was meeting up with my daughter and her best friend. I was very pleased that Sally wasn't with us as I'd not have been able to resist getting into it with her.

I also used my cellphone to call my cousin Rosie, who was a deputy sheriff in town. I explained what had happened and she agreed to meet with us at the Village Tavern.

Mary had taken the opportunity to leave early (by total coincidence she had booked a room at the Kentish) to get changed and I'd called Donna to clue her in, after I made a brief call to my lawyer to advise him of the shitty situation in which I found myself.

"What the fuck?" Donna shouted, her voice crackling with anger. "She had an affair with my best friend and ruined our friendship? That fucking bitch!"

"Donna, there's actually more. I'll let Mary tell you at the Village Tavern, but from what Mary told me, at least during the first time, Sally's seduction of Mary was almost certainly a rape."

"I'll kill the fucking bitch!" She shrieked. Obviously, there'd be no forgiveness for her mother, I thought.

We all sat together in a private room in the Village Tavern including Rosie, and over drinks and light snacks (none of us felt like eating much, for obvious reasons) we all caught up on the past four years. There were tears, mainly, one or two smiles, but mainly tears.

I let Mary tell Donna her story. I gently asked her if she had proof of what she was telling us, in case Sally denied it. She'd thought of that and had brought screenshots of text messages, some photographs and a few letters.

She left out no details. When Mary had finished her story, Donna held her hand and said, "Mary, I'm so sorry that my mother did that to you. I really don't understand her thinking."

She turned to me "Dad, did you suspect that Mom's a lesbian, or at the least, bi?"

I shook my head. "No, Donna, I had not one clue about that. She never let anything slip about anything like that. Looks like she pulled the wool over my eyes."

"Dad, what are you going to do now you are aware of the fact the bitch cheated on you, and also that she raped Mary?"

"To be honest, Donna, I don't know. I thought I knew everything about your mother, I mean, we have been together since we were 14 years old, been married for 30 years and this is the first time I knew she cheated on me."

Mary intervened "I'm sorry I told you, Steve."

"Mary, don't ever apologize for telling me. I needed to know that not only Sally was a cheater, but that she was, or rather is, a rapist."

We discussed matters further and finished up the snacks.

I asked Rosie what she thought. She was quiet for a time, before she spoke. "You know something, Steve, this case is one fucking, shitty mess. I could see many prosecutors pulling back from it, but equally there are some who would relish it.

"From my experience of dealing with sex crimes over the last ten years, I think the DA would go forward with this case. At one time, same sex sexual assaults were not easy to prove, but over recent years things have changed and there's more acceptance that gay on gay sexual assaults should be treated seriously. Actually, there have been two gay on gay sex crimes, one involving males, the other females, which were prosecuted by our current DA, so I doubt if it wouldn't proceed, so long as Mary wanted to be a witness."

Mary nodded her head. "After what you three guys have said to me today, I think I'd like to have Sally face justice. Until what Steve told me today, I thought I was just as guilty as Sally, but now I realize that, at least when it all started, she raped me."

I asked Rosie what she thought we should do. "Well, I feel that it's important we get things started as soon as we can. I'll reach out to the Sheriff and see how she wants to proceed. But my gut instinct is that we should arrest Sally as soon as we can. Maybe even this evening."

"How do you feel about that, Mary?"

Mary replied "I'll go with what you say, Rosie. The thing is, I realize that I owe a lot to Steve. I was left with the impression by my counselors that I was an adult in an adult relationship with Sally. But Steve made me understand that Sally had abused me and had coerced me into being nothing but a sexual plaything for her. I don't think she should be allowed to get away with what she did."

Donna and I got home at 9PM and we were talking in the den about what we would do. Mary was staying in her hotel room and Rosie had called into the home of the sheriff to talk over what she'd learned about what Sally had done to Mary.

When Sally arrived, it was a little after 10PM, so she'd finished whatever she'd been doing a little early.

"What's wrong, guys?" She knew from our expressions that we were both mad. Before I could say anything, Donna started up. "You must think Dad and me are so fucking dumb, huh? You really think you could get away with us not finding out about what you did to Mary?"

Sally looked shocked. She sat down heavily on the couch. "I don't know what you mean, Donna?"

"The fact that you were fucking Mary, which made her run away, you bitch!"

"What do you mean? Who told you about that? It's not true!"

I decided to interject. "Sally, there's no point in you lying to us. Mary told Donna and myself everything. She showed us physical evidence that you and she had a love affair, so don't lie."

She shrugged and said: "Okay, so I had an affair with Sally. It's none of your business Steve, nor of your business, Donna. We were both grown-ups, and we had a grown up adult relationship. It didn't affect our life, Steve, so why are you so upset? After all, the affair ended four years ago."

"That's not the point, Sally. It's been over for you for four years, but I only found out about it today, so your cheating on me isn't over for me! Besides, what kind of a fucking halfwit has an affair with their daughter's best friend and sort of glosses over the shitstorm that caused?"

"But like I said, it's not any concern of Donna's. Or yours, to be honest."

Donna replied "That's nothing but bullshit, Mother! You drove my best friend out of my life and I didn't even know why. I thought it was something I had done to make her leave town! But it was something that you did! Besides, you knew how sensitive Mary was, how troubled she was, but that didn't matter to you. You wanted to fuck her and that's exactly what you did. What the fuck to do you think the school board would think, knowing that you were fucking a young student?"

Sally shook her head. "That's not the case! Mary wasn't one of my clients, she wasn't even a student at the school I work at. Besides, we were both over the age of 18, so that wasn't a problem!"

"Really?" I spoke up, angrily. "She was 18, the same age as our daughter, and like Donna just said, you knew how troubled she was, how her mother had walked out on her and her dad when it was discovered he had cancer, how he died and she still heard nothing from her mother.

"You fucking used your training as a psychologist and a school counselor to get her panties off.

What is it they call it? A Special, Elevated Duty of Care? You owed Mary a special, elevated duty of care, but you didn't care. You just went and took what the fuck you wanted.

"And you know something? I wanted Mary! I thought she was attractive and sweet and vulnerable. But I didn't take her, I didn't seduce her because I knew it would be wrong! Damn it, if I, a software engineer, knew it was wrong to seduce her and have my way with her, why didn't you, a school counselor and a fucking psychologist not know that? In effect, you damn shit, you raped her!"

Sally denied it, she still went with the "we were both adults" routine, but then she compounded her sins (for want of a better word) by raising the statute of limitations. "What about the statute of limitations?" she whined.

"I don't know. But I hear the fucking DA will be expressing an interest in what you did!"

"But we don't need to get the law involved, do we?"

MattblackUK
MattblackUK
1,466 Followers