Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And Benezia?"

"While I would not wish her death, I do believe it is likely as she is indoctrinated and her surrender is unlikely."

"And once we stop Saren?"

"I would like to return to this colony and assist them rebuild. I feel responsible for what has happened here, and if they will accept me, I will happily return and remain here to live."

We headed back upstairs to the colony. It was now dark, not doubt late evening, even early morning. The seven of us were now exhausted, while Shiala seemed to be in a daze. I didn't really blame here, to be honest. The colonists, plus those we had rescued near ExoGeni Headquarters, were waiting for us. Fai Dan was up and about, his hand now bandaged, thanking me profusely for saving his life, the rest of the colonists thanking my team at the same time.

Introducing Shiala, none of them knew who she actually was, and while we briefly explained the situation, they accepted what happened and would be happy for her to return once we had taken care of Saren. "I'll be honest, Commander. We need all the help we can get," Juliana stated, "I'm not sure if ExoGeni will continue funding this place or not with the Thorian now dead, though I'm glad it is."

"What will you do about ExoGeni?" Lizbeth asked.

"I'm not sure yet. We've taken plenty of data. We'll continue to go through it and figure out what else they are up to. As far as Feros is concerned, you should hopefully be safe going forward. I will leave you my details, and I will also pass information onto the Alliance. Hopefully, if ExoGeni pulls out, the Alliance might be able to provide some assistance."

With more thanks ringing in our ears, I suggested we head back to the Normandy for a meal and some sleep before we headed off onto the next mission. I introduced Shiala to the crew before we headed down to the mess, where I think we all piled out trays high with food, and bottles of water and electrolyte drinks were consumed fast.

Once we'd stuff ourselves, we sat back together in silence before I said, "Fucking fantastic work, team." They all looked at me and grinned. Well, I think Garrus did. I could only assume Tali did. "We all survived. Barely any wounds. Saved the colony. Killed the Thorian. Gained a new ally. More information than we really know what to do with. If that's not a success, I don't know what is."

"What do we do next?" Garrus wondered.

"We continue our research into ExoGeni. I want to know what sort of samples they were sending out. And I want to know who or what this Cerberus is. But, for now, take some time for yourself, get some shut eye, and we'll leave Feros in the afternoon tomorrow." Glancing at my watch, I added, "Well, later this afternoon, considering it's now 0200."

The gang slowly but surely started to break up until I was left alone with Shiala. "Where should I sleep?" she wondered.

"Do you want a pod or a bunk?"

She gave me a look which, I'll admit, surprised me. Mine probably expressed surprised. "You saved my life, Commander..."

"Shepard."

"I'm just thinking..."

"Hold that thought, Shiala. If that were to happen, let it happen naturally. I don't expect payment in that way. I'll go out on a limb and suggest you were pretty much an innocent victim in all this."

She looked away. "Thank you, Shepard. For believing me."

"So... Pod or bunk?"

"I'd rather sleep on a bed. If I sleep in a pod..." She trailed off and shuddered. So I led her to the bunk room, where Ashley and Alenko were already fast asleep. No surprise and didn't blame them. "Thank you again, Shepard," Shiala said softly before she leaned up to kiss my cheek.

"No problem." She returned a small smile before turning, walking into the room to find a free bunk. I grabbed another bottle of water before returning to my quarters, avoiding bed for now, continuing to read over the data we'd retrieved. I was left with a feeling that I wouldn't only be going to war against Saren and the geth.

*****

A/N - For anyone who has played the game, Fai Dan commits suicide. I figured saving him would be a nice albeit small, insignificant change. I plan on one or two major changes going forward.