Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 57

Story Info
A Mass Effect trilogy novelisation.
6.4k words
4.8
2.2k
5
0

Part 57 of the 69 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Book 3, Chapter 8 - Citadel

*****

His named was Javik. He was the avatar of vengeance. He was a skilled warrior. His only mission was to kill Reapers. Aware that he was the last of his kind, he would fight this war, ensure we were victorious, then he'd simply fade away. His people were gone, and he would go to join them in the end. But only after the Reapers were sent to hell.

Did I like him? To be honest, not really. Something about his attitude just rubbed me the wrong way. But I'd learned that I didn't have to be friends with everyone. Some people, I simply worked alongside, we would be pleasant to each other, worked together professionally, but that would be it. Maybe in the coming months, we'd warm to each other, but I wasn't going to hold my breath.

As for Liara, she was left disappointed. The honest truth was that many theories she'd had about the Protheans were incorrect. They were not the benevolent galaxy spanning Empire she thought. The Protheans were brutal. Perhaps Javik had those ideas because he'd been born after the Reapers had arrived, when the entire Empire was at war. But, from what Javik was able to tell us, the Protheans had strode across the galaxy, bending any other race to their will. All other species either submitted or died.

Liara sighed as we sat upstairs in the cabin. "He's just not what I hoped for, nor expected," she admitted. Miranda was next to her. Kelly and Emily were to either side of me on the other couch. "And his attitude is... Well, he doesn't really think highly of us at all."

"Talked to him once. That was enough for me," Miranda said.

"So you're suggesting asking him for an interview isn't a good idea?" Emily asked.

"We'll take him to the Citadel and let him have a look around," I said, "At least we have a date for the summit, but the fact it's still over a week away is really fucking annoying. Even more annoying is the asari..." I glanced at Liara. "Any news on them budging?"

"None whatsoever, Shepard. Mother thinks they're all idiots, of course. They should consider her an expert but asari have long memories."

"At last the salarians will attend," Miranda added, "And the krogan were always going to attend."

"I'm not sure who owes more favours to who, Wrex or myself. But fighting Reapers is something the krogan will want to do, but on their terms. And there will be a price for their assistance."

"What price?" Emily asked.

"I reckon I could put a bet on it and pretty much know I'm going to have a lot of credits in my pocket because I'm right."

There was silence before Liara said, "Genophage."

"Bingo!"

"Fuck," Miranda muttered, "The salarians will freak."

"Let's not get overexcited just yet. I think that'll be the price, but I'll go into the meeting with an open mind. And Victus will have influence too. He's the one who put forward this idea, I'm leaving it to him to argue though he has my support."

In bed that night with Kelly, cuddling into my side as always, fingers trailing up and down my chest, we laid in contented silence for quite a while. She was trying not to fall asleep, while I was finding it increasingly difficult each night to drift off. I was already living on a diet of battle, sex, caffeine and other stimulants to keep me going. I figured I'd just sleep when the war was won, or if I was dead.

After making love the next morning, we dressed in silence before she stopped me walking away and just hugged me. I knew why immediately. "Lot of thoughts in this head of mine," I whispered, kissing her cheek.

"I'm not worried, Shepard. And I certainly know there are things you simply can't talk about. So I thought you'd like a hug."

"I always love a hug from you."

She leaned back and grinned, and I leaned in to kiss her. Pulling her into my body, she started to giggle within a few seconds. "We should probably go downstairs for breakfast. We did make love already."

"True. And we'll be arriving at the Citadel later today."

Joining the others downstairs, the tables were jovial as usual, which still surprised me considering everything going on around the galaxy, but these moments were what we needed to keep us going through the worst of times. Ken, Gabby and Adams spent nearly their entire life down in engineering, but always joined us for meals. I still wasn't sure if Ken and Gabby were an item or not. She had been involved in one of the evenings I'd had with all my girls but, since then, she'd kept her distance.

It was amusing that Miranda and I now shared an office after she practically insisted I didn't have to leave. It was basically her room, but I kept the desk I'd put in there, and a second desk was placed in front of mine where she worked wither back to the door.

One thing I had noticed was that Kelly had done what she'd promised to do. Gone were the trousers, replaced by a short skirt that barely made it halfway down her thigh. And her blue shirt was always unbuttoned, so whenever she leaned over my desk, there was nothing but skin. It took incredible self-control not to continuously bend her over my desk, or do very naughty things to her by her workstation in the CIC.

To my amusement, Miranda had taken to doing the same thing, showing off her incredible legs, while everyone knew she had a fantastic set of tits on her, wearing a shirt one size too small to really show off how full they were. And I probably spent half my day concentrating on not staring at her. She knew... She knew...

Liara ditched her suit when on the ship, taking to wearing the same get-up as Kelly. I was left thinking all my girls had agreed to this. What amused me no end was the fact even Samantha had taken to wearing a similar skirt. When I asked Kelly about that, as I just had to, she admitted it was simply to tease me, the unobtainable woman. "But she does like you," she added. I laughed as she didn't have to spare my feelings. Despite what some people thought, I didn't fuck or try and fuck every single woman I met. It just seemed like it sometimes.

A couple of hours out from the Citadel, I wandered out to see what Kelly was up to. Standing behind her, she knew I was standing there, glancing back and smiling. Stepping closer, I ran my hands up the back of her legs, picking up the hem of her skirt and lifting it over her tight little arse, running my hands around to the front. "No panties from now on," I whispered into her ear.

"Okay," she whispered back, "All the time?"

"Definitely."

She reached down and must have removed those she was wearing, looking down to see a blue pair of panties around her ankles. Traynor looked across, watching her eyes widen, before turning her attention back to her screen but there was no missing the blush.

"Want me to fondle you, right here, right now?"

"Shepard, we've fucked in here before in front of people." She paused. "Ah, that was with Cerberus though."

Running my hands up the front of her shirt, I could feel her nipples through the thin fabric, eventually reaching her chin where I gently moved her face so I could kiss her properly. As we made out, I moved my hand back down her body to between her legs, making her moan as I ran a finger gently along her increasingly wet slit. Before we could really get going, Miranda cleared her throat next to us.

"Jesus wept, you two..." I looked at Miranda. "Couple of things you might like to know, Shepard. Are you going to stop fingering Miss Chambers?"

"Miss Chambers, care to continue this later?"

"Absolutely." Lowering her skirt, she crouched down and handed me her panties. "I won't be needing these." Traynor burst into giggles as I placed her panties in the top pocket of my jacket. "Maybe I should wear them long enough to get wet and you can sniff them?" Miranda burst into laughter. Even I looked at Kelly in surprise. "Well, you always say how much you love my scent..."

"No panties will make me happy."

Walking back into my office, I sat down to look at the messages that had come through. What broke my concentration next was the fact another pair of panties landed on my desk. Looking up, Miranda was sat back in her chair, skirt pulled up and her ankles spread apart. She must have liked the look in my eyes as she ran a hand down her leg to her pussy. "Is the no panties rule for anyone else?"

"Definitely you, Miranda. No panties from now on." I looked up. "EDI, can you open the comm to Liara's room?"

"Done, Shepard."

"Liara?"

"Yes, Shepard?"

"No panties from now on unless we're on the ground."

I heard her burst into giggles. "I'll take them off now, Shepard."

"EDI, Emily's room please?"

"Done, Shepard."

"Emily?"

"Hello, Shepard. Something you need?"

"No panties on the ship from now on."

"Oh, I love that idea. Do you want me to wear similar things to the other girls? I have plenty of clothing here that you'll love."

"And I love the sound of it.

"I'll get changed right now."

"Good girl. EDI, the med-bay." Miranda raised her eyebrows at that but smiled at the same time. "Karin?"

"How are you, Shepard?"

"I'm fine, Karin. Have you noticed what the girls have been wearing lately?"

I heard laughter first. "Of course, Shepard. Can hardly miss it, can I? Are you going to suggest something?"

"Care to join in? Short skirts, no panties?"

More laughter. "Shepard, you are incorrigible at times. I love it. I'll just need to get my hands on a few skirts. I'm sure Commander Lawson could requisition some for me... please?"

"Think I'll just order in a few dozen of each size if this is the way it's going to be," Miranda replied, "I've got a couple of spares for the time being, Karin. I'll bring them down in a minute." EDI cut the link as I sat back in my chair and laughed. "Anything else you'd like me to do, Shepard?" Miranda asked. I looked up as I heard the tone. She'd shown a certain side of her personality during our time with Cerberus. I wondered if she wanted to continue to explore that.

Pushing my chair back, I pointed at the floor next to my chair. She stood up, moved around the desk, then sat down on her knees next to my chair. Reaching forward to stroke her cheek, the smile was immediate, her eyes showing utter devotion. "You really mean it, don't you?" I asked.

"I fell in love with you, Shepard. I didn't mean to, but... I knew everything, and I mean everything about you. As I told Tim, you were a bloody icon. A living legend. And I was given the chance to be part of your team. I know it didn't start well between us, but now... now I wouldn't want to change a thing."

"How far are you willing to go?"

"As far as you want. I know what you share with everyone else. I know how much you love Kelly. But I know I want this with you. I've had men domineer over me before, but that was when I had no choice. I do this willingly with you." She shuffled closer, resting her chin on my thigh, looking up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers. "I want this, Shepard," she whispered.

"You submit?" The nod of her head was as eager as I'd ever seen. "I'll have to tell Kelly."

"Tell her now."

So I did. Kelly thought it was a wonderful idea. Then we told Liara, who agreed that it was a great idea. And the three chatted about what would be necessary, agreeing to go shopping on the Citadel when we arrived. The rest of the crew was pleased to get off the ship, though I'd warned them that once we left for the summit, the chances of any shore leave would likely be limited for a number of weeks, so make the most of the opportunity. Though I would not tolerate any messages asking me to bail them out.

My five girls, at least on board, disappeared together. To my amusement, Chakwas disappeared with them. Jack had received word that we were returning, waiting on the docks, and she joined the girls. They knew I was going to be busy for a few hours, agreeing to meet them at a bar on the wards we all enjoyed.

The Council offices were as busy as ever. A long line leading to an overworked receptionist. Khalisah al-Jalani was waiting outside Udina's office. She met my eyes and grinned, suggesting she was taking my advice. I walked down the long corridor, passing by the offices of Sparatus, no sign of the turian, and Valern, no sign of him either.

Knocking on the door of Councillor Tevos, I was surprised when she opened it. The fact she sighed when seeing me didn't bode well, though she was polite enough to invite me in. "Drink?" she asked, "I have coffee."

"Please. Two sugars only."

I took a seat opposite her comfortable looking chair, offering her a smile of thanks when she placed the cup and saucer before me, taking a sip as I waited for her to sit down. She folded her hands in front of her, looking at me expectantly. But I wasn't going to make it easy for her. I was surprised when she sat up and walked around her desk, leaning back against the edge almost in front of me. I looked her up and down in her tight dress. Always found her attractive, and I did like powerful women.

"We won't be attending, Shepard. I know that's what you don't want to hear..."

"Understatement of the century, Ariana." She smiled at the use of her first name, at least. "Is it your decision? The Matriarchs?"

"All of us. That's the politician in me answering. Privately, the decision comes from Thessia. It's not being threatened; therefore our own preservation is first. You are learning that even my own power is limited, Shepard. I've seen the pictures from Earth and Palaven..."

"You do realise the same pictures will be of Thessia if we don't come together."

"I'm aware, but I don't want to repeat what I said before, though the point unfortunately still remains the same. All I can do is wish you luck regarding the summit and hope it does help. Maybe, if whatever you plan does work, it will wake some people up. But look around the Citadel. We've seen a trickle of refugees, but you'd never believe there was a galactic war on at the moment."

I finished my coffee. "Don't suppose there's any chance of you changing your mind?"

"Host the summit first, Shepard. I'm aware of your idea regarding the krogan. I support it and have told Sparatus as much. Again, purely personal. The Matriarch's are aware but are keeping their opinion to themselves for now."

"And the salarians will freak out," I added.

"They will, so it will up to diplomacy to smooth out the process."

"I'm not well known for my diplomacy, Ariana. Even I can admit that. I'd rather knock heads so they see sense." I stood up, amused she immediately had to look up at me. "Do wish the asari would see sense."

"We're not in danger right now, Shepard. Self-preservation will rule until we are."

I sighed, but I knew nothing I could say was going to change minds. I made to turn around before I looked back at her. She looked up at me expectantly and she smiled when I reached to caress her cheek. "Keep in touch. You hear anything, please let me know. And if anything happens here..."

"You'll save me again?"

"It's what I do."

She leaned up and kissed me. Soft on the lips, took all of three seconds to deepen, wrapping my arms around her as I stepped forward, feeling her body press into mine. A few seconds later, she released a low moan into my mouth as my hands my up and down her back, lifting her up enough to give her arse a quick caress. That made her smile, breaking the kiss.

"How long?" she asked.

"That first time I met you. Thought you were gorgeous."

Kissed her again, pulling her even tighter into my body. I ended up picking her up and somehow carrying her over to a nearby lounge, sitting down with Tevos straddling my lap, refusing to break our kiss just yet. My hand was now firmly grabbing her arse, the other finding the zipper of her dress. That's when she broke it, resting her forehead against mine.

"My lovers are mostly asari," she whispered, a little colour rising to her cheek.

"You've been with a male?"

"Twice. Both were turian. It wasn't enjoyable."

"Yeah, their dicks are weird. Even I know that." I kissed the tip of her nose. "Part of me is still pissed off about it all anyway."

"Oooh, angry sex. I like angry sex, Shepard." Then she paused. "Ah, it will probably be different when I'm with a man."

"But you would like to be intimate?" She nodded eagerly. At this moment, I was just seeing Ariana, not the councillor. She was confidence and nerves, all at once. To my slight disappointment, she lifted herself off my lap to stand up, smoothing down her dress before offering her hand to me, helping me up. "I would like you to stay, Shepard, but if you do..."

"I understand. Have plenty of things to do myself."

She showed me to the door. Before opening it, she turned and kissed me again, no surprise she ended up pressed against it, our bodies moulded together. When I heard her whimper, I thought she was going to give into temptation. But she didn't, both of us pulling apart, grinning like fools, before she opened the door. "Thank you for visiting, Commodore."

"My please, Councillor."

"Good luck with the summit. I hope you achieve what you need. I will keep you in the loop regarding any developments."

It was all for the ears of those in the hallway outside, in particular her receptionist. Wishing her farewell, I walked back to the taxi rank, taking the first one available to the hospital. It was as busy as always. This time, the overworked receptionists saw me and simply jerked their head in the direction of Ashley's room.

She looked even better than last time I'd seen her, though she also looked bored to tears. Taking a seat, she told me about her physical therapy. The concussion had been bad so her balance was still off slightly, but walking wasn't a problem. But the doctors knew what they were talking about with head injuries, and hers had been bad. I simply assured her a place on the ship was available whenever she was ready.

"Wasn't expecting to see you again so soon, Shepard."

"We're taking shore leave while we wait for the summit. One of my crew is in hospital, and I wanted to see her."

She turned her head to look at me and grinned. "You're not angry about Mars?"

"I'm angry that you were injured."

"That's not what I was talking about."

"I know. And I'm not angry about that. Ash, in your shoes... I know who I was working with. Trust me, I still have to look in the mirror. But it was a means to an end. Soon as the Collectors were dead, I told Tim where to stick it."

"Then you had a month long orgy, from what I heard," she said with humour.

"Ah... yes..."

"Don't care, Shepard. Want me to name all the women you were with in addition to me before?"

"Remember them all?"

"I do." I took her hand in mine, giving it a squeeze. "Would you like to restart what we shared, Shepard?"

"Definitely."

"So do I," she said quietly, "I should have given into temptation a lot sooner than I did."

"I won't do anything with you right now, Ash. I've just been to see Councillor Tevos."

The grin on her face was instantaneous. "You didn't!?"

"I didn't, but we will. I think..."

"Well, even I can see she's attractive." She chuckled to herself. "Nailing one of the Councillors. Hoping to get some favours or something?"

"Nope, just attracted to each other. I'll see if it happens. It's just good I have many open-minded women in my life."

"And good thing I'm one of them, right?" I smiled at her. "Thanks for coming to see me, Shepard. Means a lot."

"Anyone been to visit?"

"Chakwas has been in to check I'm doing okay. I've received quite a few messages from people, even some on the ship I got to know while it was in dock. At least people remember me."

"You're hard to forget, Ash. I seem to like a particular woman, at least half the time."

"Feisty?"

12