Master de Vil and His Maids Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Looking back, that first night was truly a whirlwind. I learned so many things at once I hardly knew how to handle it all. After they revealed to me what nighttime services were, the girls introduced me to the communal bathroom where everyone spent a lot of time taking care of their bodies and beauty. They bathed me and showed me what lotions, creams, and soaps to use that would keep my skin supple and smooth. They shared tricks on how to maintain my hair--which they all agreed was certainly my best attribute.

And, within that first week of service, I soon realized that these girls weren't prostitutes; they were simply girls who were given a new life; a better life. I began to deeply understand more about why all of the girls were willing to give up everything for Master de Vil. One of the maids, Jane, whom I shared a room with, told me his story as we worked.

I was now dressed in the maid uniform, a classic black gown with a white apron and a white cap to keep our hair neat and out of the way. But it was hardly unflattering. In fact, Rosetta took my measurements that first night and with Master de Vil's direction, she custom tailored a new dress with a matching corset just for me. We all wore corsets under our uniform, but they weren't the cheap, brittle whalebone bindings I was used to wearing. These were specially made out of bamboo, and were flexible enough to be comfortable for housework, but rigid enough to cinch in my waist and accentuate my bosom in an almost scandalous style. I had to admit, the uniform made me feel confident and clearly made the rest of the maids look beautiful as well.

Anyway, Jane and I were dusting all of the picture frames in the mansion when she suddenly addressed the elephant in the room by saying, "Now Ellie, I'm sure you think we're all insane and shameless, what with these nighttime services."

A little taken aback at her bluntness, I blushed and looked away, and she saw that she had hit the nail right on the head.

"Ellie, I was the new girl before you and I know exactly what you're thinking and why. But you have to understand that all of us had nowhere to go and nothing to hope for before Master de Vil found us. He gave us work, pay, and a place to live, not to mention companionship among other girls. All of the help in this entire mansion are the less fortunate. Take the cooks and the butler and footmen: they are all far too old to be hired among other households but Master took them in, knowing that had nothing for their retirement. The apprentices in the stables and garden were just like us; one among many poor, uneducated children. We all work hard because of his generosity and kindness. So don't think nighttime services are any kind of punishment or suffering. We choose to do it because we love him. He never forces you to do so. Why, Susan was so repulsed by the idea that she didn't do it for an entire year! She eventually fell for him though, as we all did."

My feather duster stilled. Everyone was just as destitute as I was? Whoever would have thought someone as wealthy and high class as Master de Vil would even consider hiring what was essentially inexperienced beggars off the streets!

"But Jane, I don't understand. Why would he be so kind? Why would he hire us? He could have his pick of the best educated, most highly recommended maids in the world but he didn't!" I exclaimed.

"Master actually hates high society and the elites. He comes from a long line of wealthy tailors and designers who have always served the richest of the rich and even the Royal family. His parents are actually merchants who have a thriving coffee, tea, and spice business in India and moved there when Master was just a young boy. He chose to stay behind in England because he wanted to become a clothing designer, just like his Grandfather was. This is his portrait here." Jane pointed with her feather duster at a painting of a regal looking gentlemen, who had fine lines of laughter around his eyes and mouth.

"I'm sorry to say that I never knew the man, I'm sure he's what made Master into the person he is today. Master's grandfather raised him and taught him everything he knows, but he was a kind gentleman and always participated in charities and such. Well, after his death, which was about 10 years ago, Master was already an accomplished designer but had a substantial surplus of funds due to his inheritance from his grandfather. He was also extremely lonely without his grandfather and began to resent the airs and arrogance of high society. In fact, the women there especially disgusted them. He had a few gentlemen who became his close friends--and still are; they often go hunting and play sports together. Anyway, Master had all this money on his hands and was so tired of society that he wanted to do something radically different. He decided to replace all of his hired help with the poor because he knew that he could give them a better life, and he hoped they would be much more fun to have around than the 'proper' maids and butlers that used to work here."

"And did he like what he found?" I asked, processing this fascinating tale.

"Oh indeed! The poor, like us, apparently are far less polite, which makes us much more fun! Master enjoys learning about what our lives are like, what we do for leisure, and so much more! We are far less reserved than the high class people and say what we feel and think openly. He finds that very amusing and loves to talk with all of us." Jane's green eyes danced and her fiery red hair threatened to spill out of her cap as she dusted energetically, clearly reveling in some happy memory with Master de Vil while sharing about this with me.

"He isn't disgusted by our lack of manners and breeding?" I questioned, disbelieving.

"None whatsoever!" Jane laughed, shaking her feather duster at me for emphasis. "He even likes to help us with the work and learn new trades. Why the other day, I saw him helping the stable hands milk the cows and brush the horses!"

"Amazing..." I breathed, turning back to the portrait of Master's grandfather. It was so unexpected that Master de Vil would be so...friendly with people like us. Those high society folks generally looked at us like bugs on the street, and offered some money as charity just for appearances' sake. But Master was somehow so different from what I expected.

As I thought about what Jane said, I realized something else was missing in this tale. "But Jane, that doesn't explain the 10 maids in this household. If he's the only one living here, surely he would only require a few to care for his rooms?" I asked.

Jane turned to me and grinned. "Ah you're right! Here's where it gets even more interesting. Now after hiring all his help, Master still wanted some female companionship; he's still a young man with needs you know. Obviously, those snobby, spoiled debutantes were practically groveling for his attention, but he hated that sort of thing. And being a clothing designer, Master has a keen eye for beauty; as you can see by his clothing designs, furnishings, the garden, and this entire estate to be honest." Jane gestured to the spacious hallway lined with portraits we were in. "And I'm told it all started with a girl named Elizabeth. She was the daughter of a poor shoemaker, and one day, Master saw her through the window of her father's shop. He was taken aback by her beauty, which he could see in spite of her ragged dress and the shoe polish that stained her skin. And so, Master decided to hire, or essentially save, more beautiful girls from their unfortunate lives and allow them, in his words, to 'blossom into the true angels they are.'"

I made a face. "That sounds like a fancy tale you whip up to comfort poor children."

Jane shrugged. "I'm just retelling the story is all. It happened before I got here and it's been like this ever since that first girl. She aged out about 5 years ago and I was hired a few years after that." Jane finished.

We continued cleaning and dusting, growing quiet as we focused on our work. I was lost in thought. Hiring the poor? Hating the rich? A high society gentleman actually interested in the lives of the common folk? The events of the past month have truly turned my life upside down. And if Master de Vil was truly as everyone described him, then I was one of the luckiest girls in all of England to be under his care.


12