Matchmaker 01: January

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I pulled the reins and the horse stopped, but the moment I relaxed them, she started walking again, trodding through the snow after Lane and her horse. I pulled on the reins again, and again the horse stopped. So long as I held back the reins, it stood still. The horse twisted its head and looked at me, clearly wondering why we were standing there as the other horse continued. I relaxed the reins and the horse started moving again.

Lane stopped, turned in the saddle and waited until we caught up. "See?"

"The horse thinks I'm an idiot."

"Probably," she grinned. "You just need some practice. Kind of like me and skiing."

"Maybe, but the big difference is skis don't have a mind of their own."

Her smile spread. "I'm not so sure about that. Anyway, I love horses. I haven't ridden one in years."

"You used to have horses?"

"Dad had a couple. Mom and I used to ride."

"But you stopped?"

"He still has the horses, but it's hard finding the time. I don't get home as much as I'd like. They live in San Diego, the one in Texas, not the one in California, which is about two hours away."

"Why'd you quit?"

She shrugged. "Too expensive to keep one in town."

I grunted. "I figured every girl in Texas had a horse. Kept it in her room like a pet."

She twittered out a laugh. "Because everything is bigger in Texas, right? Why have a dog when you can have a horse?"

"Exactly," I said as I shifted around in the saddle, trying to relieve some of the ache in my ass.

She grinned, clearly enjoying herself. "Come on. Only a few miles more."

I groaned as we started moving again. It was beautiful as we followed the riding trail, the deep blue of the sky and the stark white of the snow, Lane on her brown horse, me on one that had spots on its rear, the horses' breath steaming in the cold Colorado air. We trudged along side by side, the horses moving in a slow walk. I never got comfortable in the saddle, not like Lane, but I finally began to trust the beast enough to believe it wasn't going to start charging across the snow-covered fields or suddenly leap to its death out of sheer spitefulness.

As we stepped out of a stand of trees, I'd never been so happy to see a barn in my life. My ass and legs hurt, and I was sure I smelled like horse, but Lane had never been sexier. She'd taken off the riding helmet once we were out of sight of the stables, and she put it back on her head, but it didn't diminish her beauty one bit. Before today, before this very moment, I'd thought the women of high fashion in New York, London, Paris, and Milan were the most beautiful in the world, but none of them could compare to Lane's simple beauty on horseback wearing jeans, a furred leather coat with matching gloves, and the work boots I'd seen her wearing her first day. She didn't need high fashion. She didn't need anything.

The beasts knew exactly where to go and walked to the barn where we'd started. Lane dismounted first and hugged the animal's neck, talking to it like a lover. I was a little slower getting off my mount, and I discovered there was something wrong with my legs. It took a moment before they started working right, and I held on to the animal for support.

"Don't look at me that way," I muttered as the animal blandly stared at me, silently condemning me.

"Enjoy your ride?" the woman who had started us out asked as she took the reins.

"It was spectacular!" Lane gushed. "Thank you so much."

"You sir?"

"Great," I said, forcing a smile. I pulled a bill from my wallet and pressed it into her hand. "Buy the horse a carrot or something."

She smiled as me and nodded, leading the animals away.

"Thank you," Lane murmured as she snuggled into my side. "Let's go! I'm cold!" We started toward the Range Rover. "You okay?"

"Fine, why?"

"Why are you walking funny?"

"My legs are a little achy." She chuckled. "What?"

"Just wait until in the morning." I groaned in teasing despair. "Someone once told me a cure for sore muscles," she continued. "It worked for me."

"What's that?" I asked, noticing a creeping stiffness of another kind.

"My ski instructor told me the best cure for muscle soreness is to work it out."

I pulled her in a little tighter. "I've heard the same thing. I understand it works best with a partner."

"That's how I did it."

I nodded, fighting not to smile. "Will you be willing to help me work out any stiffness I might have?"

"It will be my pleasure," she purred, leaning in hard on my arm.

.

.

.

Lane

I stretched as I swam up out of the darkness of sleep. Bryant was beside me, still sleeping. Seven days. Seven more days before I returned to San Antonio. I smiled to myself in the twilight of half-sleep. This had certainly been an 'adventure of a lifetime.' Last night, for the first time, we'd fucked without Bryant using a condom.

I wasn't sure what that meant, if anything, but I'd wanted to feel him, only him, inside me. I was on the pill, so there was no chance of me getting pregnant, and I trusted that he was clean, as he'd trusted me.

I rolled over and snuggled into his chest, sighing softly as his arm closed around me. I was starting to have feelings for him. I certainly didn't love him, but I felt a fondness for him and enjoyed his company. I liked that he made me laugh and wasn't afraid to speak his mind, but I also liked the gentleness in him. You don't run a six-billion-dollar real estate empire without being strong, determined, and probably ruthless, but at the same time, he didn't exhibit those traits with me, or with anyone else I'd seen. He had a dichotomy between how I imagined him when conducting business and how he was in his everyday life.

Sleep pulled heavily on me. I'd slept better in the three weeks with him than I could ever remember. Whether it was because I was tired from a day on the slopes, having my brains fucked out at night... or the simple comfort of being in his arms, I didn't know, and I didn't care. One more week. One more week of outdoor fun, followed by love making that all future men would be measured against, and then deep, blissful sleep. One more week before I returned to my boring life in San Antonio, and I was going to wring every drop of pleasure from these last few days I could.

Starting now, I decided as I began to kiss my way down his body to my ultimate destination, wanting to taste him again, to hear his sighs and groans of pleasure.

-oOo-

I stood at the start of Boomerang, my stomach in my throat.

"You got this," Bryant said, his voice full of confidence.

This was my first Blue slope, and I was scared shitless. On Green slopes I could barely see the drop. After my hard fall the week before, I'd finally conquered the hockey stop. I wasn't great at it, but I could stop now without ending up on my ass in the snow, and my carving was sharper. I was a long way from skiing Black slopes, but I was improving and gaining confidence.

When the Greens lost their challenge, I'd moved up to Double Green, slightly harder slopes that allowed me to gather more speed. My first few trips down had been terrifying, but after a few successful runs I began to relax and enjoy myself. For the first time I felt like I was in control and really skiing, not accidently getting to the bottom of the hill without falling.

I began shaking my head. Stormin' Norman had a noticeable drop. It wasn't damn near vertical, like some of the Black slopes Bryant had shown me that shared a starting point with Galloping Goose, my favorite Double Green run, but it was terrifyingly steep, nonetheless.

"You can do this," he said again.

"I can't."

"You can." I shook my head again, my stomach doing cartwheels. "Lane, look at me. Look at me." I tore my eyes away from the slope to catch his gaze. "You got this, okay? I believe in you. You need to believe in yourself."

I shook my head again. "It's too steep. I can't."

"It's not, and you can. I'll be right there, right on your elbow, the whole way down. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

"But—" I began.

"Lane," he said, cutting me off. "You got this. Trust yourself."

I wanted to cry, but I pulled my goggles down and shook my head. My stomach stopped doing cartwheels and began doing a full Olympic tumbling routine. I took a couple of deep breaths to pump myself up and shoved off.

The hill was noticeably steeper than anything I'd skied before, but I kept my legs together and kept switching back to keep my speed down. Other skiers were zooming past me, cannonballing down the hill, but Bryant was just behind me and to my right, matching me turn for turn as I worked my way down the mountain.

I focused on the techniques Bryant had taught me, concentrating on my form, my legs pumping and turning, and then it was over. I was at the bottom and began to glide out before stopping. Bryant skidded to a stop beside me, and I threw myself into his arms, unable to contain my excitement. My unexpected lunge caused us to go down in a tumble, but I didn't care. I'd overcome my fear and was buzzing with excitement. It was dangerous for lay on the ground long, lest we get run over by skiers, but I kissed him lustily before rolling off him and getting to my feet.

"Excited much?" he deadpanned as he got to his feet.

"I want to go again, a longer run this time!"

He brushed snow off himself. "I don't know. I think you've had enough."

I slid up close to his side. "I can never get enough, you know that," I purred, putting as much promise into my voice as I could. If it weren't so damned cold, and so many people around, I'd jump him right here.

"True, but I'm not sure I can take much more."

"You haven't disappointed yet," I breathed before pulling his lips to mine. Fuck the cold. I was sure he could still get it up, even in the snow. If I could just do something about all the people.

He smiled at me as our lips parted. "How could I?" We glided over the slope map and looked at our options. He drew his finger along the top of a ridge. "How about See Forever? We can catch Butterfly, then Misty Maiden, and then have lunch in Mountain Village."

I followed his finger as he drew it along the trails. The three trails connected with one another, all Blues, and their combined length was easily ten times the length of Stormin' Norman. I was still tingling with my success.

"So, you like marathon sessions?" I asked. Two could play the double entendre game.

"You know I do, and I like to ski long trails too."

"Let's do it!"

He nodded. "Very well. I thought you wanted to ski, but—"

"That, lover, will come later," I cooed, holding his gaze until he had to look away.

"I'd better eat a hearty lunch. I might need the strength."

I laughed as I turned away and started gliding for the lift. He made me feel alive in a way I'd never felt before. Nick could be such an asshole, making me beg for his approval, but Bryant gave me quiet, unwavering support. When I did well, he heaped praise on me, and when I didn't, he encouraged me, believed in me, and made me believe in myself. I'd have never had the courage to do the Stormin' Norman run on my own, but his firm support had given me the confidence to try.

We rode the lift to the start of See Forever. There was a sign pointing to Gold Hill 1 and 2, both Double Black Diamonds, with an 'E' in one diamond and an 'X' in the other. I'd learned that Green Circles were the easiest slopes, Blue Squares midrange, and Black Diamonds were the hardest. Double Green, Blue or Black was harder than the singles, but not quite as hard as the next step up, but I'd never seen the embedded 'E' and 'X' before.

"I want to look," I called as I trekked to the start of Gold Hill.

When I arrived at the start and looked over the edge, my breath seized in my throat. The single and double Blacks at the start of Galloping Goose had looked almost vertical. Gold Hill was vertical, a straight plunge down the mountain to the bottom. I stepped back from the edge, feeling light-headed and out of sorts. If I fell here, I wouldn't stop tumbling until I hit the bottom of the mountain. They might as well as have painted a skull and crossbones on the sign with the words We're not kidding underneath.

"Steep, isn't it?"

I looked at Bryant. "It makes me want to puke just looking over the edge." I looked around. I could see plenty of people taking off down See Forever, but Bryant and I were alone. Apparently not everyone had a death wish. "Who would be crazy enough to do this?"

He chuckled. "I would."

I stared at him. I wasn't sure he was kidding. "Would you really?"

"Sure. I don't think you're ready for it yet, but—"

"Ya think?" I asked, my incredulity clear in my tone.

He snickered but continued. "But I would. I won't kid you and tell you it isn't a challenge, but yeah, I'd do this run."

I watched him a moment. The thought of him all but jumping off the side of the mountain, and surviving, turned me on. If Bryant could do that, that made him a million times the man of anyone I'd known before. "Before we leave, I want to see you do that."

He smiled down at me. "That's okay. I'd rather—"

"No, you don't understand," I interrupted. "I want to you see you do that. I want to come up here, watch you go down that hill, and I'll meet you somewhere at the bottom." I held his gaze. "If you survive, I'm going to take you back to the cabin and I'm going to fuck you like you've never been fucked before."

He broke into a broad smile. "Step back," he said as he approached the edge.

"No! Not now!" I cried, grabbing his arm and holding him back. "I need you to help me get down the mountain the first time!"

We slid back from the edge. "You know you don't need me, that you can make it on your own."

"I need you there, at least the first time. It's the only way I can get enough courage to try."

"Lane, you are capable of more than you know. You just have to believe in yourself."

I nodded, the warm feelings his support always gave me flowing through me. "I try."

"Don't try. Do. You're the most amazing woman I've ever met. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

"Let's go," I murmured, turning away to glide back to the starting point of See Forever, before I started to cry, my feelings a jumble.

We started down See Forever. I'd gained some confidence in surviving Stormin' Norman, and I allowed myself to gain speed, burning it off in long, graceful sweepers when I felt I was going too fast. I wasn't the fastest person the hill, but I wasn't the slowest either. It took what seemed like a long time to get down the hill. I'd look over my shoulder, glancing back to make sure Bryant was with me, not because I thought I could out ski him, but because he was my security blanket. With him on my heels, I felt safe and willing to take on new challenges.

He swished past me, leading me past the jumble of signs pointing at various trails as they branched off, preventing me from having to try to read them. I followed him, and as he slowed, he gave me a big smile and an air smooch as I passed him. I continued, working on my technique, gaining confidence with every turn of my hips.

Again he passed, carving a gentle turn onto Misty Maiden, which was much more crowded, and I was pleased to see that I was passing far more skiers than were passing me. It wasn't a race, but I felt relaxed and in control, and I was still passing skiers. Three weeks ago I couldn't even stand on skies, watching with envy as skiers glided effortlessly past me. Now I was passing less experienced skiers, and I wondered if they envied me.

Nobody had envied me before. Nobody cared about me, Lane Carlisle, except as someone who could do their taxes and keep their books. Even my family, who I knew loved me, thought it was past time for me to settle down and get married.

I watched as Bryant skidded to a stop and turned to watch me. I was a few hundred feet behind him, and as I began to brake, he pushed his goggles up. I ground to an almost perfect stop. That was, by far, the longest hill I'd ever attempted. I was slightly winded, and my legs burned, but I felt terrific. Better than terrific. I felt alive in ways I didn't know existed because of this wonderful man smiling at me.

"How was it?" he asked.

I wanted to cry and laugh and shout in joy. I was happy, happier than I'd ever been in my life. For the first time I felt special, like I could do anything. The urge to cry passed in the space of a heartbeat, but the warm feelings lingered. I smiled.

"Amazing."

He smiled warmly. "Skiing, it gets into your blood."

I nodded. "I think I've found a new passion."

"Ready to get something to eat?"

"Yes! I'm famished."

We locked our skis in the rental lockers available at the end of the runs. We enjoyed a meal of unbelievably good seared trout served with carrots and asparagus. We languished over our meal.

"Thank you," I said, my voice soft.

"For what?"

"For this. The vacation. Teaching me to ski. All of it."

He smiled. "My pleasure. I'll be sorry when it ends."

"Are you?"

"Absolutely. Aren't you?"

"Of course, but can't you do this pretty much anytime you want?"

He shrugged. "Money wise, I suppose. But it's hard to get away sometimes. I'm almost afraid of the hell I'm going to face when I get back."

I smiled. No matter how much money you have, vacations had their price. "Yeah. My busy season starts almost as soon as I return."

We watched each other's eyes for a moment. I had an urge to tell him I'd enjoyed it for more than just an all-expense paid vacation, and he looked like he wanted to tell me something as well, but we kept our council.

He pushed back from the table. "Ready to go again?"

I smiled. My legs felt rested, and there was something I wanted. "Yes. Can we do See Forever again?"

"If you'd like. You don't want to try one of the other runs?"

"I want to see you do Gold Hill."

He watched my eyes a moment. "Okay. I'll meet you at the gondola."

"The one at the end of Misty Maiden?"

He led me out of the restaurant. "I'll be waiting on you."

I nodded. "Don't be late."

"You either."

We caught the lift back to the top of the mountain and made our way to the start of Gold Hill. Suddenly I was nervous. Concerned for him, and worried about my long run down the mountain without him. I'd just made the run, but the thought of him not being with me made me anxious.

I pulled on his arm. "Promise me you can do this. Promise me you're not doing this just to try to impress me."

He smiled down at me. "I can do this, and I damn sure am doing this to impress you." He kissed me quickly. "Don't worry. I've skied worse."

I looked over the edge. How can it be worse than this? my brain cried. "Be careful."

He kissed me again. "I'll be waiting for you at the bottom," he said before he launched himself off the edge.

I watched as he battled his way down the mountain until he disappeared in a cloud of snow, his skis flicking back and forth in a near blur, his legs pumping. Just before he disappeared, he vanished in a huge spray of powder and my heart nearly stopped beating until he reappeared, his arms, legs, and body a symphony of motion.

When I no longer could see him, I turned and glided to See Forever. As I started down the hill, I smiled. If the hill didn't kill him and he was actually waiting on me at the gondola loading station, he might not survive the night because I was going to do my best to fuck him to death.

.

.

.

Bryant

"Fuck! Stop!" I bellowed as Lane rode me like a stolen horse. I'd already come once tonight, but that hadn't satisfied her. Almost as soon as we'd finished, she'd kissed me back to full hardness and we'd started again.