All Comments on 'Matchmaker 04: April'

by SanityCheck

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Even though it's a fictional story, the topic of racism and guns could have been dealt with in a better way. Rather than showing that Tara over reacted or her coming around to Charles's thought process, maybe you could have made Charles bit more understanding to her obvious reaction. Only a POC can understand how deeply a racist remark hurts. Not reacting to it also enables it.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Loved the interaction once it got going. Well done

DoctimeDoctimealmost 4 years ago

Just reacting to the to the POC comment. This was obviously written before the George Floyd debacle. I have to confess I read the story as a romance between a man and and a woman. Not a white man and a black woman. I do hope that the world has tilted a little towards anti bigotry in the past ten days, but I read your stories for the romance. It’s up to our legislators to change the world. And it’s up to us to vote the bigots out. Keep writing. I just added you to my favorites list. 5*****’s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not a good story. It says that caricaturizing Texans is wrong (ok), however, the Californian is an even bigger caricature and nothing is said.

Also, the Texan is pro-gun, nothing wrong in that. The Californian is against guns, but any halfbrained reason is enough to make her change her mind: "If trained professionals (as bodyguards) can have guns, anybody and their cousins must have the right to carry guns. It stands (not) to reason!"

On the whole, the story is well written, but the characters look like the writter political beliefs incarnated. Other stories in the series are way better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSanityCheck@SanityCheck
You may read my multi-part submissions with confidence as all my stories are complete before the first part is published. I typically publish near the first of the month. There may be occasional exceptions, but generally if there is no new story by the seventh, there won't b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories