All Comments on 'Matchmaker 07: July'

by SanityCheck

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Back in the groove!

After reading June, I was afraid your series was becoming repetitive, but I enjoyed this one very much. I love your creative, thoughtful character development and your touching sense of romance. I especially appreciate the vast detail you put in your settings. You convey the feeling of a place so well that i feel that I’m there. I love to look up the places that your stories take place to learn more about them.

Thank you for writing so well, and thank you for sharing your work.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisteralmost 4 years ago
Another great Matchmaker story!

I echo the previous comment about the places. I always have Google Maps up in a window next to the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Once again you have done a great job of telling a lovely tale of budding romance.

As already mentioned, the amount of detail you put in your stories about the locale makes the stories seem more real and takes the readers on different journeys to various locations in a very vivid way. Nice job.

So glad to know that there are five more waiting for us.

You got us all hooked on this series from Jan to May, then decided to draw out our agony waiting for the next month's tale by only sharing them one month at a time!

Argh!

Wishing I had a remote that allowed me to fast forward thru July.

Until next month, have a productive month & listen to your muse.

Cheers.

rayironyrayironyalmost 4 years ago
Splendid series

Thanks for letting us gawk over your literal shoulder.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love the series!

Love the series! Just the right amount of sweetness not to cause tooth decay but keeps you coming back for more. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
hope the next one has got the edge again

I love the details, especially at how you depicted the Irish. I liked the slow pace of the story. They're two lovely, honest people that are very compatible inside and outside the bed and slowly warmed up to each other to the point where they slowly slide into a relationship. This story was a story that happens in real life other than that it was setup by our matchmaker. But that compared to the other stories in the series this one felt like an intermezzo. I was waiting for the one big bang moment and how you were going to invent that. And you didn't. Still a nice story.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Loved It

Another lovely story with many nice touches and well written again. Although from the Ireland side of the pond I've only been there on business and am impressed with your knowledge of Ireland. Another 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I read this

perhaps a year after touring Ireland with my wife of 40+ years. You managed to capture the ambience and spirit of the land and the feeling that folks from the diaspora feel when visiting. While being a mongrel myself, most of my genes come from there and me mother was both genetically and emotionally from there. We were there in the rainy season and it didn't rain once.

But enough about me, wonderful story. I enjoy this series.

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 1 year ago

Nicely captured the amazing sense of history and time you feel in Ireland. I remember walking along the North Sea with my hand running against a wall older than my country, and being imbued with that really often while there, and then listening to my Irish host talk about how being in the US changed her sense of space, as she couldn't really get a handle on the country, as everywhere was so different.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSanityCheck@SanityCheck
You may read my multi-part submissions with confidence as all my stories are complete before the first part is published. I typically publish near the first of the month. There may be occasional exceptions, but generally if there is no new story by the seventh, there won't b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES