All Comments on 'Matchmaker 11: November'

by SanityCheck

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdover 3 years ago

Matchmaker series is great romance blended with intense sex. That said, would enjoy some more “play date” like tales - crazy, raw sex.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Another Gem!

Great story as always. I do hope that Brooklyn and Ryan will be our December finish! 5 stars and a fave

rayironyrayironyover 3 years ago
Such a tasty series

Tightly written and well executed with enough character development to be satisfying.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Minor nits to pick, consider them suggestions if you re-edit to publish this series as a novel

There is no deck at Duluth IAP, and security checks are at the gates.

Obviously I enjoyed since I suggested repackaging and publishing as a novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Flawed concept

I think this episode showed the flaw in the series concept very clearly. Women being made available for men with lots of money. I didn't find the development of their romantic attraction at all credible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree with Anon 11/4

The development from gold digger to serious love interest didn’t make this one as credible as some of the other chapters.

Also, one big nit. She makes $80k? That’s absurd. The median U Chicago law school graduate starts at $141,522. And Sage hardly strikes me as the type to receive or accept a below average offer. She’d be making more like $190k (that’s what the 124 graduates hired into the top law firms from U Chicago started at in 2019).

I think that’s the kind of attention to detail that can turn a good story into a great story.

SanityCheckSanityCheckover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your comment.

There are some clues in the story to explain why she was making only $80,000. On page 1, Sage states that she takes only the cases she thinks she can win, and on page 8, Billy-Ray tells Brooklyn that Sage is back in Chicago to finishing some work for her client. These two passages are to show that she isn't working for a law firm. If she were, she would represent the clients assigned to her by the firm, and if she were to leave, her clients would be assigned to another lawyer in the firm.

On page five, Sage says that she is just getting started. As you stated, Sage is the type of woman to take control of her own destiny. Taken together, these three pieces of information suggest that she is working for herself. With her firm being so new, she doesn't have the name recognition or resources of a large firm, and her salary reflects that.

Finally, also on page 1, Sage explains to the reader that she is taking what work she can, work she isn't satisfied doing, until she can land the "big score." She is planning for the long term and is willing to take a little less now because she is confident she will make more in the future by having her own small firm.

Again... thank you for your comment.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Great Story

Maybe a little bit repetitive in style now but again you've worked enough changes in character, etc into this to make it different. Funny thing is though after reading the comments and your answer as to why Sage's income was low, but IMO this then raises further questions about her "mercenary" nature in the early part of the story, ie she was only after him for his money. Anyway not enough to put me off.

I see Brookland and Ryan are up next but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Really enjoyed this one, 5 stars.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFabout 3 years ago
I agree with Anon 1/3

The way to big $$$ in the law is through the large well-known national firms. Small one-person shops don’t lead to rich lawyers. They give you independence if that’s what you value, but not great wealth. To make money, either you make partner, or one of your clients picks you up to be in-house counsel. But nobody is going to give a one-person firm a “big score” no matter how good she is. That’s reality.

SanityCheckSanityCheckabout 3 years agoAuthor

In 1994, a small, two lawyer firm, Masry & Vititoe, settle a 300+ million dollar lawsuit against PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric.) At the time, it was the largest direct pay law suit in American history. That one suit netted the firm 130+ million dollars.

I never said Sage intended to remain a small, one person firm. I said she was just starting out.

In any case, thank you for your comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1 star this one is shit

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSanityCheck@SanityCheck
You may read my multi-part submissions with confidence as all my stories are complete before the first part is published. I typically publish near the first of the month. There may be occasional exceptions, but generally if there is no new story by the seventh, there won't b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories