All Comments on 'Matchmaker'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not bad BG, liked the premise, a lot won't agree.Keep them coming .

Cheers Vaughn

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

Subtle and understated. Never a question about the trajectory. A well conceived commentary re the finality of death, the folly of youth, and the soothing salve of time. Nice piece of writing. Thank you much

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

This story brought tears to my eyes, because of Annie's death and the Ethan & Bren story. Just a superbly written story. 5 stars.

I love the release of multiple stories by you over the past few days. Thank you!

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Good story, I feel bad it took a death to bring them together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A moving story, touching on many of my memories. Well written, thank you for this. 5 stars of course.

somewhere east of Omaha

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

Definitely one of your finest. Beautiful and touching. Great work.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

Reconciliation is so hard to write well, but this is so aptly done. The soft tones, emotions quiet but there. This felt like a gentle lullaby to read. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gee, this is getting boring. Nothing but 5's for the BigGuy! Annie's letter, of course, was the tear-jerker, and the author was wise to place this in Romance, instead of in LW. Until I got to the letter, I was thinking that, sure, he could take her back (which was obviously where the story was headed), but that given what she did, there should be some sort of pre-nup that in the case of another divorce caused by her infidelity, he gets sole custody of any children, and all the marital assets (other than her professional goodwill/employment). But then came the letter. And all that pre-nup stuff seemed silly. Hey, it's a romance, guys! And a romance, BigGuy33 style! (guy)

oddtomas1oddtomas1over 2 years ago

The story was great. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nothing romantic about a RAAC, ever. It's simply not possible. It's purely and utterly disgusting. Every time, no matter the 'excuse' the cheater has for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You know, if a character asks another a question, the sentence should end with a '?' Just sayin'.

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

Many times when I read a story on Literotica, I pause and reflect on what I read before I decide how to rate the story. This story was a no-brainer, and I instantly gave it 5 stars. The story was very real. The characters, and the situations, are very believable. And, on top of that, I found a few similarities in my own life.

Thank you for all of your stories, and especially this one!

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Very romantic. But - three years? And what about Brenly? Was she celibate for three years? I think maybe he would have asked. I think maybe she wasn't. What would have happened if Annie hadn't died? Would he have just gone on not seeing any woman? If I were he, I'd wonder if Brenly was returning out of pity. D

Jam_TomorrowJam_Tomorrowover 2 years ago

Beautifully written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gotta agree with a couple of other comments that raac is ridiculous. Someone shits on you like that, you don't say thank you, may I have another?. Hell no, this person has clearly stated what they think of you and the relationship why subject yourself to livi g a life of waiting for the other shoe to drop. Ethan is still young, there must be someone out there he can love and trust. These raacs paint these guys as pathetic, hopeless shits who haven't the capacity to move forward.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Aw, man!!! Beautifully romantic. It's a grand story, classically well-written!

.

'I got to the mailbox, fielding an expression of condolence for Annie's passing from Bob and Pauline French.' THAT alone, got you to at least a geh-rawn-teed '3', but hell, that's just a formality. You're an automatic 5/5!!!

.

Keep that well 'a pumping, El Grande! Keep that pipeline full of your special, quality writin'!!!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Ethan for all intents and purposes reconciles with Bren in the opening scene. I would have liked a more two-tier approach to reconciliation. Yes, welcome Bren's help and companionship in the immediate aftermath of Annie's death --- but the next reconciliation step, resuming their sexual/romantic intimacy, should have been written as causing Ethan more struggle.

.

Bren "loved" Ethan, yet repeatedly fucked Charlie. This caused Ethan such feelings of betrayal, jealousy, and loss that he divorced her. When Bren resumes her place in Ethan's life, I would expect these feelings, however diminished by time and circumstance, to return as well. Yet all is gentle forgiveness. Where's the angst?

jakie1jakie1over 2 years ago

Excellent story, a big thank you for all of your stories, it got me teary eyed as well, keep your stories coming, your followers are waiting!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

You are the barbell author. Most stories on one end or the other of the bell curve. Damn good’un here.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable. It seemed almost predictable, but it’s the way the tone just worked, that made the story. The length was just right, very well written. Most of all, it’s how. Ethan’s emotional turmoil really came through. His love and loss of his sister, how he warmed to Brenly over a few days but remained emotionally distant, to the completely unexpected letter telling him what he needed to hear. Perfectly written.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Excellent story. I'm generally not a fan of reconciliation but this one felt right. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A tribute too wisdom through age. It is a shame that age/wisdom affect love but it does. Thanks for sharing an exame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bob and Pauline French? If that's not a nod to JPB than I'm blind. At least there was some humor in this story. The only problem I see is that he made a life altering decision so soon after his sister's death. I don't know that good decisions can be made that quickly. Sorry for your lose.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

So, so very nice and sweet. A beautifully told story. Thank-you!

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
I'll Echo

...JohnCooksley(11/11/21). Well said, mate.

Keep 'em comin'.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

Second time reading this one. its still five stars as i wipe the tears from my eyes.

What I think is special about this story is that is real reconciliation, its dealt with the right way.

Well done!

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 2 years ago

I just read this the 2nd time... still outstanding 5 big ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a premeditated cheating. He takes her back after what happened then he is a whimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't like RAAC, especially when the cheater cheats multiple times. No one in any of these stories communicates and instead just cheats, as if that is easier.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I working my way through all the stories in LW & now through Big Guys tales & im finding I’m giving way more 5’s than ever before.

These & another author whose name starts with a “V” are mostly all getting 5s from me.

This was one great story that was peaceful to read. Thanks, Big Guy, thanks a lot.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The immature people with their raac comments are fewer here but still too dumb to live. They DO realize that readers are to be 18 or older right?

A very well written tale and yes, I am a big JPB fan as well.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Seriously this is not a good story. Cheating wives only worry about how much money they would get in a divorce.

Once a cheater, Always a cheater

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

I love a good RAAC story, but one time, OK, 4 times, not OK. Putting the story into a context of a grief stricken man is unfair to grief stricken men.... Low blow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As usual well written and plausible,in fact written and presented well enough to the reader to overlook the 4 times her going out of her way for clandestine sex,which was NO mistake under ANY conditions. 'Once'might grudgingly be considered a mistake.It is a good tale and to me what made the story is the brother sister bond.The meaning of family. Now her excuse about being too young,not ready,feeling trapped, though very real and legitimate feelings,it sure would have gone over like a lead balloon if I tried that on my wife for cheating. There is no excuse available to allow for cheating. Having said that,you presented the story situation so well you get a hall pass for that fairy tale ending which actually fell in place... 5 stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

After they get married again, she cheats on him again and gets the house.

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

This is a beautiful story. Demonstrates the healing power of forgiveness. BG33 is one of my favorite authors. His characters are three-dimensional, unlike in many other Lit stories. He writes about emotions, hurt and pain and, as he notes in the forewards to a lot of his stories, his goal is usually to have the main character end up in a good place. His "Henry" character seems to have a preternatural ability to move beyond the hurt and focus on a way forward (see Melody). No other author gets me as emotionally invested as he does. Sometimes his stories make me incredibly angry as I may feel they ignore critical components (see A Different Solution) but that's okay. A good writer should invoke strong reactions in his readers. That's what makes him so good. I notice he hasn't published anything for the last eight months or so - does anyone know if he plans on writing more?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Look I've read a few stories by this author and some of the characters are truly terrible people who deserve everything they get in the stories. Then again some people are good people who make mistakes and to forgive those kinds of people is not weakness because it takes real strength to put aside that kind of anger and hurt to forgive. Another poster wrote "After they get married again, she cheats on him again and gets the house." and that may very well happen however if you believe the person is truly sorry for their actions then you have to ask yourself what would allow me to be happiest? I really like this writer because they do a good job of writing the scumbags who cheat on others because they think it is their right to do so and fun anyone who sees it different but also those people who made a mistake and really wish they could take it back. Thanks!

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 1 year ago

How can anyone follow up on a story that can't be told any better five

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Not a big fan of most RAAC stories here because few authors properly prepare the reader by laying out the logic of the ending with good foreshadowing and dialogue. This one is simply perfectly done... The ending is well foreshadowed and flows... Your characterization is empathetic and intuitive... I find myself properly suspending disbelief and accepting the story logic of immaturity and growth supporting their reconciliation. Great job...

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for writing this. I'm not ashamed to say that I actually cried like a little girl reading this; Ethan's and Annie's relationship struck so damn close to home. My older sister was also like a second mother figure to me growing up and I also lost her a few years ago. While not quite what I originally set out to do, this made me stop and spend a few hours at night reminiscing about her for the first time in a little while. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS ROMANCE....JUST A CHEATING EX WIFE BACK WITH THE CUCK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

THE LAST COMMENT MUST HAVE BEEN DIFFICULT TO TYPE . . . ASSHOLES DON'T HAVE FINGERS!

This is a very touching tale, one that most who have lost someone close can relate to. As far as Ethan and Brenly, maturity and age are not always connected - the previous anonymous is a perfect example (he may never experience it).

Thank you BG for this tale and Peace, both are on my favorites list.

somewhere east of Omaha

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 1 year ago

5* -- A nice story. People make mistakes. Forgiveness is better than a lifetime of bitterness and anger.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Truly a great romantic short story. I am a grown man. I began to tear up in the second section and cried the whole rest of the way. I was so frightened they wouldn’t get together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a brilliant story that’s all. I do like a reconciliation.

AstordatairAstordatairabout 1 year ago

I really like your stories. And this one is no exception. Thank you so much!

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Another good story from you, nice paced nice characters and plot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Seems a bit overly simplistic. Well written but all the pathos occurred off page. We never learned how he found out. He never learned any details until Yeats later as he apparently divorced her and shunned her with his sister trapped in the middle. She cheated on him with an ex boyfriend (4 times) only three years into their marriage. If she had confessed, then this would have come to light before divorce. Obviously she didn't and he must have discovered in another way (did I miss that somewhere?). Anyways her excuse is she was immature and wording about getting old? When she was 24?? Wow. Not saying they can't get back together and make.ot work, but it just seemed like he was indeed emotional vulnerable, she was there helping him, thr anger was gone based on talks with Annie before she died and then the letter. But again dialog seemed almost robotic regarding the destruction of their marriage.

ironman1017ironman1017about 1 year ago

She didn’t seem all that sorry, and her and the sister kept saying she was immature and scared over and over like that somehow makes it less terrible or painful. That bit about her fighting for him and their marriage? Hah! Until marriage and life got tough then she’d either run for the hills or spread her legs for someone else all over again. I’m all for reconciliation when it seems like the other person actually acknowledges their faults, doesn’t minimize them, and works to make amends. She still seems like she wants to minimize her guilt by blaming it on immaturity and claiming she still loves him.

TopReviewerTopReviewerabout 1 year ago

Beautiful Story. Thanks for writing. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

ALMOST nothing but misery and the story started half-way through. We, the readers, missed all the juicy bits, the cheating, the discovery, the revenge. I skipped through most of it. An 'after the event tale'. Just a 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you. Not for just sharing but sharing a look at life. Some complain that they didn't see the " I'm sorry" or the " revenge" I actually saw a lot of that. Both characters showed the thought process for regret and reconciliation. Explanation came from the lost sister, Annie. Youth makes mistakes. Maturity allows you to evaluate circumstances. Then you can make changes, in this case reconciliation. Good story for the romantic. 5* in my book.

DP

A_BierceA_Bierce12 months ago

Even better the second time around. Commentators should lose the RAAC comments, it was a reconciliation meant to be. On the way to the mailbox, was that Bob French or just plain Bob? And a thousand thanks for memories of Jennifer Marlowe, Big Guy--WKRP FTW!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I just started this and a few paragraphs in I had to stop. My wife was just diagnosed with lung cancer. She’s been the dynamo in our marriage for the last 4 years or so since I’ve sunk into deep clinical depression. Now I try to support her but I just can’t work up much enthusiasm for that job.

I’ve always planned for her future after I die, and I can’t even imagine living without her. Sometimes fiction hits too close to home.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Now that I’ve finished the story I’d like to comment on it instead of its effects on me.

This was tender & well written as most of Big Guy’s tales are. Perhaps the most justifiable reconciliation story ever written here. Another story deserving many more than the 5 stars allowed. Well done.

Bill S.

poor_and_uglypoor_and_ugly11 months ago

Great story. There is potential to develop further….

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Heartwarming.

DK . 4 *

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was touching and hart warming story. However, it fills my mind with dread to some extent because of trust issues. I would not have the mental capacity to take her back. It would also hick off my autism and that is one think I would not be able to control.

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

A lovely story about sadness, support, and forgiveness. It's almost impossible to know if you'd be able to forgive someone in a situation like this. I'm not sure if the fires of youth would make that easier or harder to forgive. In any case, it was a story full of emotion, and it felt real and visceral.

.

Well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very touching and poignant. Needs a movie adaptation. Its too bad the author has not written in a while. While it is relatively complete, would love to read move about these characters in prequels or sequels.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pauline French? Rofl. Good story. A well constructed reconciliation. Wasn't clear how he found out. Maybe I missed that...

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver4 months ago

Good story!!

It's funny how the finality of death can bring us around full circle to the waste of time, energy and the insignificance of harboring ill will toward others or holding on to grudges.

Forgiveness is the mechanism that allows us to move forward with our own lives.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very good tale, thank you BG33. We can all make mistakes in life. At nearly 67 even I have made one, perhaps two!

5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He was a total simp though, him being so comfortable with her after she cheated and divorced, to the extent of sharing and sleeping with her on the same bed nope. It's been three years but nope not up to that extent. The author didn't get into how she was caught, or the aftermath of her affair.or if the girl fought for her marriage, the author simply told she regretted. So I don't know if it warrants a reconciliation. And I disagree with the author saying that the mc and the wife both made mistakes. The wife did, but not the mc, how was the mc divorcing the cheating wife a mistake? She was not drunk, she went into the affair herself. She didn't share her problems with the mc. The mc divorcing her was not a mistake it was the right choice. Taking her back though, that's a judgement we couldn't pass as the author didn't get into the aftermath of the affair.we didn't know how three years went by.

CriosCrios16 days ago

I've reread the lovely, poignant, heart warming story several times and it never fails to bring tears to my eyes. This appears to be the last story BigGuy33 has ever posted. As he is one of the absolutely finest authors on Lit, it would be a shame if he's finished writing. Please, Please, Please BG33, if you still monitor your space here, write again!

ImshakenImshaken6 days ago

A wonderful story. 5 stars

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 days ago

A great, 5* romance.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster11 day ago

If this truly was your 'exit story', it was a beautiful one with which to leave Lit.

The pain of Ethan's loss was communicated very well, and Bren showing up to support him seemed at the very beginning of her being there seemed they were destined to find a way back together.

Five stars for this and yes, it was very nicely done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...

SIMILAR Stories