All Comments on 'Mating Season'

by Smuttyandfun

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

So very sweet. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story.

Flying from Las Vegas to MSP against the clock and then driving an hour or so you can't do lunch at her house. You would be lucky to make it for Dinner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tweet tweet

Absolutely pardon the french, bloody marvelous, truely enthralling and really romantic and thats from a bloke. Continuation to follow. I hope. Well done.

SirColin77SirColin77over 3 years ago
Nicely done

Hallmark will be calling for the movie rights.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

Great change of pace for stories. Thank you!

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

I enjoyed this, however I wonder how it might have been better in first person from his point of view. I got the impression they were both hot for each other from the start and her reluctance/scepticism was hard to believe at times.

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 3 years ago
Good story but....

bloody hell you certainly rushed the ending that’s for sure...slightly disappointed. I thought you could’ve wrote a lot more into this storyline and even brought the two families into it at the ending. For me this story feels incomplete. That why I gave you ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Instead of ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

stevie1965stevie1965over 3 years ago

Enjoyable and engaging story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree - A great story

Keep it going.

As a CEO of a growth company, a fractional biz jet isn't out of the question or even out of the ordinary. The time of departure and perhaps the size (closeness) of the airport used would make timing work better. Plus if the jet is just for you (CEO) it's not like you have to sit and wait for boarding calls, pushback on some airline's assigned (scheduled) time.

Storyline potential? A re-introduction of the two families? Perhaps long lost sweet hearts from the past emerge either within or through others outside of the families that each family knows or from the very extended families.

ncng3ncng3over 3 years ago

That was excellent. I can see a Hallmark movie in that one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More please

I hope you continue this story! I couldn't stop reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow! Nice!

Not what I was looking for as I was browsing Literotica this evening. But you drew me in with excellent writing and a wonderful story line. Actually brought a tear to my eye when I was looking for a story that would help me get off! Thank you!

Sexykat62Sexykat62over 3 years ago
Love your stories

I was so happy to see your name appear as I’ve been reading the newest admissions! I loved this 💖 and yes it would make an excellent Hallmark movie .... with a bit of spice. Keep up the good work

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 3 years agoAuthor
Wow! I'm Blow Away!

I'm blow away by the response to this story. So glad you're all enjoying it. I started this last year for the 2019 Winter Holiday Contest, but didn't get it finished in time. Over the last year I've been slowly working on this and finally finished it. I was a little afraid of turning it into too much of a saga, though I could have gone on to show them getting married in that little white church, with both families around them. Sorry, but this has to be a one and done, since its for the contest. Thanks for your kind comments, and private emails, as well. I never imaged this could be a Hallmark story, but thanks for suggesting that, too. And thank you for taking the time to read my stories, it encourages me to keep writing.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Oh WOW! This is the first of your stories I have read but really impressed. I had the feeling this story had been simmering and getting polished for awhile. Thanks for the time spent, the fantasy and the final product. I'll certainly be checking out some of your other posts. Unless this was a fluke, which I doubt from both the long list of posts and their scores, I suspect you will have another follower soon. Can't miss stories of this caliber. Glad I was cruising around looking for something new to read tonight (all caught up on my usual authors)!

5 stars and then some!

Cheers

SAGE

justhorny2justhorny2over 3 years ago

The best story I have read on this site. Worth more than 5 stars for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Absolutely love the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fantastic story! Enjoyed it very much and thanks for sharing it with us. Although I would question rather this needs to be in Mature since those stories generally portray at least one character much older than their 30's. To me it would have been better suited for the Romance category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is in the top five of all the stories I’ve read here!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago
A perfect Christmas story

Couldn’t be faulted, absolutely loved it and think it would make a wonderful film (not quite Hallmark or Disney, but everyone else would call it their perfect Christmas movie)

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago
Loved it!

I’ve read a number of your stories but this is now my new favorite! It had so many nice little elements that are reminiscent of what many people go through in some form or another as they grow closer at the pace it happens instead of the pace they feel is probably appropriate. The holiday get-togethers with the potential in-laws were heartwarming and particularly well done, especially as Greg realized there was a lot more to their pretense than he originally expected. I was very happy it turned out as it did, complete to the point of happy tears.

I noted two items that might have been tweaked a bit. Greg was a little fast on the draw, basically forcing her to move in with him. He seemed like a big money-can-buy anything guy in that part, despite really wanting to do it to help her. And second, the old home place purchase and renovation was way too obvious (paint target here, haha!). Claire’s brother’s original mention (maybe a bit more subtle?) without the visit (or possibly without Greg’s nostalgic interest?) might have disguised it a bit so the ending would have been a bigger surprise.

Those are really minor nit picks in a great story, though! 5*!

linnearlinnearover 3 years ago
Wonderful Story

I didn't want the story to end and wanted to see them move back to the old homestead.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Mature or Romance

I don't know the definition for the Mature category but there are plenty of stories where the elder is late thirties but I think the key point would be worries and concerns about the age difference which don't come out here. But I don't care as I just loved the whole story which is well written throughout. Worth the rating it's got.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not mature categoty

I loved the story and the way it was written but I think Romance is the more appropriate category for this story, because if thirty five is mature then we would have to create a new category named Ancient for people fifty and over.

devildog0302devildog0302over 3 years ago
Perfect...

I could have kept reading

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Age Does Matter

I can see this as a mature story, because I've experienced similar reactions. When I was 15 my first boyfriend was 20, a five year age difference and my parents were not happy. The man I eventually married is 12 years older than I am. When I met him I was not quite 24 and he was 36. His mother thought I was way too young for him, and his friends called him a cradle robber. A person doesn't have to be elderly and dating a twenty something for age to be a factor. By the way we're still happily married 35 years later, and no one notices the difference in our age.

TSreaderTSreaderover 3 years ago

A wonderfully written love story. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wisconsin family

Thank you for your story. One part that I believed particularly good was your depiction of Claire’s family. They sounded just like my family’s rural, midwestern, loving, middle class, accepting home. You could likely not have described it so well if you had not experienced it somehow. Well done.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601about 3 years ago

I have three problems with this story:

1. No one says “condo” in Manhattan. It’s an apartment - even if you own it.

2. 12 years is not that great a difference at all, and I wouldn’t call 36 mature. Hardly a “Mature” story.

3. No, this story should have been entered as “Romance” since that’s what it is - a wonderful, sweet, hot romance.

The last story of yours I read was Big Mike’s Dream Come True, which I found to be a puerile jerkoff fantasy. Color me shocked that you’re also capable of more nuanced narrative.

Very well done.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 3 years agoAuthor
Thank You!

I want to thank everyone who enjoyed and voted for this story. I was thrilled to discover it was nominated for a Reader's Choice award for November. So thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and vote on any stories you enjoy on this site.

AnonymousNickAnonymousNickabout 3 years ago
Please release a continuation

I really enjoyed this story. Please make a sequel.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 3 years agoAuthor
So Glad You've Enjoyed This

I really enjoyed writing this couple's story. Unfortunately because it was for a contest, it has to be a stand alone story, so I can't do another chapter. I'm working on a new story for the April Fools contest, and have written a number of other romances that I hope you'll enjoy, too.

ChiBoy44ChiBoy44about 3 years ago

Excellent story! I enjoyed how you made the lead character so down to earth. The female character lead was also well done. Count me as a fan. This the first of your stories I have read.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

This is one of those 10* reads!

oldmsufanoldmsufanalmost 3 years ago

Just an EXCELLENT read! A 5 simply isn't high enough for this story. Happy I read it and found another good author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'd rather rate it "Romance", but it's a case of choosing who will complain.

It's an excellent read and consistent.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

So what if the story is far fetched. This is a fantasy site and even if there wasn't any drama injected to create a little tension it was a fun read. There was no guessing how this would end up and everyone was just too perfect, even his unpleasant, caricature family. In our dreams things go well from start to finish so why can't we enjoy it in fantasyland? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I spent yesterday enjoying Storm Warnings, so I decided to give your back catalog a look this morning. I don’t care if it’s filed in the “wrong” category, this is an outstanding story. There are about a half dozen authors here who can routinely touch this dirty old man’s heart, and you have joined them.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 2 years ago

An excellent read, it's fun with a dose of realism. The contrast in families is great, glad that at the end he wants back to his roots to raise a family away from the mindless city. You have a way of reaching into our hearts, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best stories I've ever read on this site. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m a huge fan and love the way you write. I like the way you create tension and I’m always a bit surprised how the stories twist and turn, also that you are romantic AND yet the sex turns me on. And: love that the characters are respectful with each other. Very special... Do You also write books or non-erotic stories? Thank You💞John

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years agoAuthor

So glad so many of you enjoyed this romantic tale. Thanks to you, it placed third in the Reader's Choice awards in Mature for 2020. Many thanks for taking the time to read my work and for all your kind comments.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years agoAuthor

Hi John

Thanks for your kind words. Glad to see you're enjoying my writing. I have written a lot, but nearly everything I write is a little on the sexy side, though not every story is erotic. I've got some full length books sitting on my computer that I'm toying with putting on Amazon. They're a little long for this site, most around 70,000 words or so. But I may test the waters on here with one or two.

Mating Season was a fun story to write, and it's really rewarding to have so many positive comments.

Cheers and Stay Well,

Smuttyandfun

FranxmiffFranxmiffover 2 years ago

A gorgeous yarn, makes one wish that we all enjoyed families so warm and welcoming. Very well edited and delivered. I'm a fan from here in...thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Being the hopeless romantic I am, I totally loved this story and would love to read more. Some may think it a bit rushed and fanciful, but for me, it screams of reality. You, I met my wife on 24DEC1979 and married her 24APR1980. These past 41 years have had their ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade a minute of them. I just wish I'd had the finances to buy the family farm!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a well written and beautiful story...could easily be a movie script.

Fabulously done!

JimDiamondJimDiamondover 2 years ago

A bit whimsical, but a wonderful romance. And yes, such things do happen every once in a while. Once upon a time a young man full of himself saw a picture of his military buddy's fiancé and her room mate. Laughing, he said some time he would need to come to Minneapolis and screw her. His buddy laughed and said, "No, she is a goody two shoes and even thought of being a nun." Jim looked at him and said, We ARE talking about Jim here not you. I will bet a hundred dollars I could have her within one day of meeting her." His buddy would not take the bet, so like a fool he offered a better bet of having sex with her within two hours of having some alone time with her. Thinking it would be fun and make a good story he arranged to take a flight to Memphis by way of Minneapolis to win a bet of a hundred dollars. The extra plane ticket cost more. Having already won his bet the friend told his girlfriend about the bet, and of course she immediately told her roommate. The roommate thinking how dare this ego maniac be so sure of himself about Northern Women, so she teased him unmercifully for the three days before he flew off to Memphis. She was hotter than he could imagine as he taught this naïve girl to even properly kiss. He tried every practiced and successful move he had been taught by the older women who coached him in a misspent youth. Even any he could imagine to get her. Each time she lead him to almost get home with her clearly almost dying for it, but each time she stopped just at the edge of success. That young full of himself man sat on the plane as he was about to fly away three days later and actually almost cried at his loss. Feeling as if he was leaving a hole in his soul as the plane taxied down ready to fly away.

He called her just before flying off again to a silly old East Asian war. And so a long distance love affair began with letter writing. Flying back many months later when he returned to the world he came back to Minneapolis and married that girl he had known in person for actually only days. So things like your story do actually happen. That was 54 years ago. She is making coffee this morning as I type this. AND that is how I came to live in Minneapolis :-) Best hundred dollars I ever spent!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years agoAuthor

Glad to hear you met your match, Jim. Thank you for the kind comments. And thanks so much to everyone who has read and enjoyed this story.

Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Cheers,

Smuttyandfun

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 2 years ago

Happy Beginning...Happy Middle...Happy Ending!!!

So much bliss in one story!

Does she have a sister for me?

P.S. Not an indictable offense, but Norwegian (Old Danish/Bokmal)

most often notates with an E. Like my name, hansEn.

Swedish? Most often with an O. nelsOn.

They do notate differently in the original languages.

P.S. Massive Thanks for "clambered" !!!!! I adore rare words!

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 2 years ago

I loved the romance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it!! A very romantic story. Once I was midway through it, I hoped for a great ending and you didn’t disappoint!!

Mike9947Mike9947about 2 years ago

Very, very moving - a great story of a life awakening.

Would have loved it more if he had encouraged her to partner more - keeping her in the dark about things - it was of course part of his awakening to become opening to partnering and she was perhaps a bit too inexperienced to take a stronger leading role. Not sure about any of that. Lit at its best explores relationships - at its work it’s just fucking and poor grammar. Your body of work is perhaps the best in all of lit.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Mike! Glad you've been enjoying my writing. This story was a lot of fun to write, as I imagined the two of them dealing with their families over the holidays. And I do enjoy giving a worthy couple a happy ever after ending, like these two. Thanks again for all your kind comments.

Cheers,

Smuttyandfun

TheOldStudTheOldStudabout 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. It had just the right amount of everything. I really, really enjoy your work...

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Happy I found and read this wonderful story. Always a pleasure to read a well developed and heart warming story.

Thanks!

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

What a happy little story that is, nice pace good descriptions of both people and activities

wwaldripwwaldripabout 1 year ago

Great story and I love the way you described the relationship between the characters

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Greg's mother was an arrogant proud rich bitch!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A good story, very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story that weaves a tale of found love. Very awesome.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Perfect for a Halmarck movie.

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

I love Hallmark movies! 5/5 thanks for this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmuttyandfun@Smuttyandfun
'Off the Clock' my 2nd entry in the On The Job Challenge will be published on April 23rd, and I hope you'll enjoy this one, too! 'Caught in the Act' my On The Job Challenge entry will be published on April 20th. I hope you enjoy it! 'Lucky Charm' my April Fools' Contest en...

SIMILAR Stories